Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Exalting: Good or Bad?
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10 11
[quote name="Kylaila" date="2020-09-15 23:30:16" ] (just don't think about the pile of babies alone in a cave somewhere)[/quote] Are you talking about fodder hatchlings that are in Hibernal Dens, waiting to grow up? Then put a single adult dragon in the Den too, to look after them. That'll solve the problem. :) There's no reason to invent negative headcanons rather than positive ones. They're either dormant and waiting for their big day, or having a great time playing and waiting for their big day, depending on how your Den lore works. Why imagine them in a bad situation when you can as easily imagine them in a good one?
Kylaila wrote on 2020-09-15 23:30:16:
(just don't think about the pile of babies alone in a cave somewhere)

Are you talking about fodder hatchlings that are in Hibernal Dens, waiting to grow up? Then put a single adult dragon in the Den too, to look after them. That'll solve the problem. :)

There's no reason to invent negative headcanons rather than positive ones. They're either dormant and waiting for their big day, or having a great time playing and waiting for their big day, depending on how your Den lore works. Why imagine them in a bad situation when you can as easily imagine them in a good one?
tumblr_inline_nhxp29cBNA1qcphlu.png
Buying an additional apparel slot
unlocks it for ALL your dragons,
not just one!
It's good. It benefits the player (money), the site (less dragons in system, this also benefits players) and the economy. The only times ive heard people talk badly about it is because of personal headcanons, or because they cant handle letting someone else do what they want with the dragon they just paid for.
It's good. It benefits the player (money), the site (less dragons in system, this also benefits players) and the economy. The only times ive heard people talk badly about it is because of personal headcanons, or because they cant handle letting someone else do what they want with the dragon they just paid for.
6f240e0b704e02ff9014958a307cf049.jpg
Exalting is great - best universally-available profit in the game, sets a minimum value for dragons, keeps lairs tidy and from a lore perspective is an honour.

I think most of the 'it's bad' votes are actually saying that spite exalting is bad (of course it is, it's against the rules, but that's not exalting as a whole) or they don't know enough about it to understand why it's done.
Exalting is great - best universally-available profit in the game, sets a minimum value for dragons, keeps lairs tidy and from a lore perspective is an honour.

I think most of the 'it's bad' votes are actually saying that spite exalting is bad (of course it is, it's against the rules, but that's not exalting as a whole) or they don't know enough about it to understand why it's done.
5917.pngtumblr_opq1fv62h41u3wsjco7_100.pngtumblr_inline_nsthp2ksAe1s23g03_540.pngVkRusUJ.png8095.png
I can appreciate a little bit of moral ambiguity. I realize it doesn't have to be negative, but when I think about it, I just can't feel 100% happy about it. I've been around for a while, too. I don't feel like forcing it to be happy if it's not bothering me. I tried to force myself to be only positive and happy all too often in the past. Nothing wrong with a dark underbelly somewhere.

I still have a full den, after all.

Edit: Tbh, that's prolly part of why there's such a lingo around dragon trafficking. Creates more distance, yknow? You are not buying dragons, you are buying fodder. Yeeting them all and all. Most people tend to not talk about their permas/dragons this way.

Oh, and for peeps who never got the sentiment: If you see your dragons as living breathing albeit fictional characters, it's easy to make the jump to see most dragons you come across as such, at least if you stop to think about it. We all know fiction is fiction, but they are well and alive in our imagination. We still want to see our favorite characters do well, and their world not befall terrible calamities (unless that's the kind of story it is). It's the same thing, just with pixel images.

I'm not big into personal deity worship, so an eternity of servitude combined with 'the only way to be gone forever' does not spark joy in me as a concept. The former feeling worse than the latter. Sorry. I know it's not supposed to be, but such is life (I am also not big into religion for similar reasons). It's a bit sad that such a sentiment seems to be tagged as a transient thing to be gone 'once you get it'. I like Dom, I am cool with exalting, I just physically can't bring myself to cheer for every individual dragon getting 'yeeted'. Eternal war isn't too much fun if you think about it, but I sure like rooting for a side during a face-off.
I can appreciate a little bit of moral ambiguity. I realize it doesn't have to be negative, but when I think about it, I just can't feel 100% happy about it. I've been around for a while, too. I don't feel like forcing it to be happy if it's not bothering me. I tried to force myself to be only positive and happy all too often in the past. Nothing wrong with a dark underbelly somewhere.

I still have a full den, after all.

Edit: Tbh, that's prolly part of why there's such a lingo around dragon trafficking. Creates more distance, yknow? You are not buying dragons, you are buying fodder. Yeeting them all and all. Most people tend to not talk about their permas/dragons this way.

Oh, and for peeps who never got the sentiment: If you see your dragons as living breathing albeit fictional characters, it's easy to make the jump to see most dragons you come across as such, at least if you stop to think about it. We all know fiction is fiction, but they are well and alive in our imagination. We still want to see our favorite characters do well, and their world not befall terrible calamities (unless that's the kind of story it is). It's the same thing, just with pixel images.

I'm not big into personal deity worship, so an eternity of servitude combined with 'the only way to be gone forever' does not spark joy in me as a concept. The former feeling worse than the latter. Sorry. I know it's not supposed to be, but such is life (I am also not big into religion for similar reasons). It's a bit sad that such a sentiment seems to be tagged as a transient thing to be gone 'once you get it'. I like Dom, I am cool with exalting, I just physically can't bring myself to cheer for every individual dragon getting 'yeeted'. Eternal war isn't too much fun if you think about it, but I sure like rooting for a side during a face-off.
sh5xjiu.png
mtHAEL4.png
jbMLSIO.png
fdUVIfW.png
y41plqc.png
Wn6vGC1.png
YlKQFV6.png
MQadkUW.png
deity_gladekeeper_by_dogi_crimson-dabusrb.gif 9X6Ea51.png
If we didn't have exalting, we would have to find other ways to get rid of the dragons. At least game play makes exalting profitable for the player and an honour for the dragon.
If we didn't have exalting, we would have to find other ways to get rid of the dragons. At least game play makes exalting profitable for the player and an honour for the dragon.
April showers bring forth May flowers
[quote name="Gilus" date="2020-09-16 02:03:36" ] I don't buy dragons to exalt, I'm opposed to the idea, not at all because I think it's cruel, but mainly because you don't get much treasure from it (in my opinion, I don't often exalt adult or leveled dragons so I could be wrong), so it isn't worth it, there are many better ways to make money. How can you be that desperate? [/quote] I don't think people who do it are necessarily "desperate". Seems a bit unfair to call people that simply because you don't personally do it? I've spent no more than 5 hours over the past couple of days leveling my exalt dragons and made a bit over 300kt doing it. May not be the largest amount out there, but it's better than spending hours in the Fairgrounds trying to hit the 75kt cap, imo. Yours an interesting viewpoint, though. I can respect that. Everyone plays the game differently, and are entitled to how they wish to play and feel on certain gameplay styles after all.
Gilus wrote on 2020-09-16 02:03:36:
I don't buy dragons to exalt, I'm opposed to the idea, not at all because I think it's cruel, but mainly because you don't get much treasure from it (in my opinion, I don't often exalt adult or leveled dragons so I could be wrong), so it isn't worth it, there are many better ways to make money. How can you be that desperate?
I don't think people who do it are necessarily "desperate". Seems a bit unfair to call people that simply because you don't personally do it? I've spent no more than 5 hours over the past couple of days leveling my exalt dragons and made a bit over 300kt doing it. May not be the largest amount out there, but it's better than spending hours in the Fairgrounds trying to hit the 75kt cap, imo.

Yours an interesting viewpoint, though. I can respect that. Everyone plays the game differently, and are entitled to how they wish to play and feel on certain gameplay styles after all.
U58SZuw.png
It's good, money is nice.
It's good, money is nice.
It is what it is. It helps funnel dragons out of the game to help with file size (I'd assume) but it also breaks dragon breeders hearts.

Strangly enough, it's also one of the topics that turns the normally chill FR community on its head. It's doubly strange when you take into account that this question gets asked constantly.

As a breeder and an exaulter I can say that it's a necessity that can be at the same time be really upsetting and sad. It doesn't have to be one or the other.
It is what it is. It helps funnel dragons out of the game to help with file size (I'd assume) but it also breaks dragon breeders hearts.

Strangly enough, it's also one of the topics that turns the normally chill FR community on its head. It's doubly strange when you take into account that this question gets asked constantly.

As a breeder and an exaulter I can say that it's a necessity that can be at the same time be really upsetting and sad. It doesn't have to be one or the other.
"You don't need a reason to help someone "
~Zidane Tribal
I always feel like I'm doing the site a service yeeting dragons away lol. With everyone hatching eggs for G1s, I feel like exalting fodders is the best I can do. I even feel guilty for breeding dragons just to exalt so I just stick to buying fodders from AH.

Plus, I don't really feel any sentiment towards the dragons. If they look pretty then yeah, I'll try to rehome them, but I always consider my characters ideas rather than the dragons themselves, meaning I can just yeet one dragon away and give another dragon the same name, lore, everything if the latter looks better. So yeah, I'm not losing anything lol.
I always feel like I'm doing the site a service yeeting dragons away lol. With everyone hatching eggs for G1s, I feel like exalting fodders is the best I can do. I even feel guilty for breeding dragons just to exalt so I just stick to buying fodders from AH.

Plus, I don't really feel any sentiment towards the dragons. If they look pretty then yeah, I'll try to rehome them, but I always consider my characters ideas rather than the dragons themselves, meaning I can just yeet one dragon away and give another dragon the same name, lore, everything if the latter looks better. So yeah, I'm not losing anything lol.
My dragons' names are 2-3 separate words. Please put spaces between them!!!
hRPcGnh.jpg
[quote name="Gilus" date="2020-09-16 02:03:36" ] I don't buy dragons to exalt, I'm opposed to the idea, not at all because I think it's cruel, but mainly because you don't get much treasure from it (in my opinion, I don't often exalt adult or leveled dragons so I could be wrong), so it isn't worth it, there are many better ways to make money. How can you be that desperate? [/quote] Buy hatchling fodder for 5k. Usually lower. Let them sit for a few days, then level them to 7 in the coli in 5 minutes. Level 2 at a time. Exalt for around 11kt each. That's 12kt in 5 minutes, plus the food and other coli drops. Repeat until rich. Exalting is amazing.
Gilus wrote on 2020-09-16 02:03:36:
I don't buy dragons to exalt, I'm opposed to the idea, not at all because I think it's cruel, but mainly because you don't get much treasure from it (in my opinion, I don't often exalt adult or leveled dragons so I could be wrong), so it isn't worth it, there are many better ways to make money. How can you be that desperate?

Buy hatchling fodder for 5k. Usually lower. Let them sit for a few days, then level them to 7 in the coli in 5 minutes. Level 2 at a time. Exalt for around 11kt each. That's 12kt in 5 minutes, plus the food and other coli drops. Repeat until rich.

Exalting is amazing.
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10 11