Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Something I Noticed: Chicken Apparel
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
[quote name="SpookyAlice" date="2023-06-13 19:46:42" ] man im so disappointed that they went with generic names instead of...trying. [/quote] Seconded. Alternative names/breeds were offered in the thread, with examples. Now theres blame and backlash for people wanting.. accurate chickens.
SpookyAlice wrote on 2023-06-13 19:46:42:
man im so disappointed that they went with generic names instead of...trying.

Seconded. Alternative names/breeds were offered in the thread, with examples. Now theres blame and backlash for people wanting.. accurate chickens.
5AHK8Y7.png •Ripley
•Queer
•He/Him
•Aquarius
•Art Shop : Working
ZLIMzvY.gifw0IsqjS.gif6sfJde7.gifrjuURyp.gif
W5O5MZj.png __digitalmirage.gif
[quote name="DigitalMirage" date="2023-06-13 20:33:32" ] [quote name="SpookyAlice" date="2023-06-13 19:46:42" ] man im so disappointed that they went with generic names instead of...trying. [/quote] Seconded. Alternative names/breeds were offered in the thread, with examples. Now theres blame and backlash for people wanting.. accurate chickens. [/quote] I suspect some or most of the breed names proposed wouldn't have worked for item names because most of the RL chickens are named after places on Earth that don't exist on Sornieth. The "Plymouth Rock", "Jersey", and "Sussex" ones would be especially obvious. Coming up with the Sornieth version of Plymouth Rock and the like or otherwise completely new names would have taken more deliberating. The new names get the point across and are no longer inaccurate.
DigitalMirage wrote on 2023-06-13 20:33:32:

Seconded. Alternative names/breeds were offered in the thread, with examples. Now theres blame and backlash for people wanting.. accurate chickens.

I suspect some or most of the breed names proposed wouldn't have worked for item names because most of the RL chickens are named after places on Earth that don't exist on Sornieth. The "Plymouth Rock", "Jersey", and "Sussex" ones would be especially obvious.

Coming up with the Sornieth version of Plymouth Rock and the like or otherwise completely new names would have taken more deliberating. The new names get the point across and are no longer inaccurate.
PeoMDYF.pngUxsWBSZ.png
[quote name="Twizz" date="2023-06-13 21:39:55" ] -snip- [/quote] French Bulldogs are fine though, I guess bahhaa
Twizz wrote on 2023-06-13 21:39:55:
-snip-

French Bulldogs are fine though, I guess bahhaa
Scribble_Banner.png
[quote name="Juke" date="2023-06-14 03:30:04" ] [quote name="Twizz" date="2023-06-13 21:39:55" ] -snip- [/quote] French Bulldogs are fine though, I guess bahhaa [/quote] As are Yorkshire Terriers and Sussex Spaniels.
Juke wrote on 2023-06-14 03:30:04:
-snip-

As are Yorkshire Terriers and Sussex Spaniels.
[quote name="Teeka" date="2023-06-14 08:11:38" ] [quote name="Juke" date="2023-06-14 03:30:04" ] [quote name="Twizz" date="2023-06-13 21:39:55" ] -snip- [/quote] French Bulldogs are fine though, I guess bahhaa [/quote] As are Yorkshire Terriers and Sussex Spaniels. [/quote] I had quite forgotten about the dog breeds honestly although somebody earlier made a good point about those being gem item releases and I'm not opposed to their names being changed really either. Actually, the word "spaniel" itself is an interesting case because it derives from the French word for "Spain".
Teeka wrote on 2023-06-14 08:11:38:
Juke wrote on 2023-06-14 03:30:04:
-snip-

As are Yorkshire Terriers and Sussex Spaniels.

I had quite forgotten about the dog breeds honestly although somebody earlier made a good point about those being gem item releases and I'm not opposed to their names being changed really either.

Actually, the word "spaniel" itself is an interesting case because it derives from the French word for "Spain".
PeoMDYF.pngUxsWBSZ.png
I support changing the names. As someone who raised blue orpingtons in the past, I was kind of sad they are just actually blue and not the blue grey with dark grey heads.
I support changing the names. As someone who raised blue orpingtons in the past, I was kind of sad they are just actually blue and not the blue grey with dark grey heads.
aure
she/her
fr +2
skincents
70YUgVu.png
[quote name="Twizz" date="2023-06-13 21:39:55" ] [quote name="DigitalMirage" date="2023-06-13 20:33:32" ] [quote name="SpookyAlice" date="2023-06-13 19:46:42" ] man im so disappointed that they went with generic names instead of...trying. [/quote] Seconded. Alternative names/breeds were offered in the thread, with examples. Now theres blame and backlash for people wanting.. accurate chickens. [/quote] I suspect some or most of the breed names proposed wouldn't have worked for item names because most of the RL chickens are named after places on Earth that don't exist on Sornieth. The "Plymouth Rock", "Jersey", and "Sussex" ones would be especially obvious. Coming up with the Sornieth version of Plymouth Rock and the like or otherwise completely new names would have taken more deliberating. The new names get the point across and are no longer inaccurate. [/quote] Trite, but true. I also support this as the reason why they have such generic names. Am I being too forgiving? Maybe. But what else can I say?
DigitalMirage wrote on 2023-06-13 20:33:32:

I suspect some or most of the breed names proposed wouldn't have worked for item names because most of the RL chickens are named after places on Earth that don't exist on Sornieth. The "Plymouth Rock", "Jersey", and "Sussex" ones would be especially obvious.

Coming up with the Sornieth version of Plymouth Rock and the like or otherwise completely new names would have taken more deliberating. The new names get the point across and are no longer inaccurate.
Trite, but true.

I also support this as the reason why they have such generic names. Am I being too forgiving? Maybe. But what else can I say?
Give a like if you think they're cool--->86520977.png93331792.png88744101.png
Would have loved to see them get names based on regions, fictional clans (beast or otherwise), or other related fauna found in Sornieth. White chickens could have been Snowsquall hens/chickens. Things like that.
Would have loved to see them get names based on regions, fictional clans (beast or otherwise), or other related fauna found in Sornieth. White chickens could have been Snowsquall hens/chickens. Things like that.
ZhydIqY.png
Big thanks to the devs for listening to us crazy chicken keepers and changing the names away from the inaccurate ones! Like I said before, either generic or breeds that matched better would make me happy, so the generic names that went through are great! [emoji=familiar heart size=1] I too hope in the future we might see some more cute chickens to add to our flocks, perhaps some of the more distinct breeds like sebright, silkie, polish, or even frizzled cochins. I'm sure changing the art so that all chickens can be displayed on a dragon like the other pet apparels can will take more work than the name changes, but I do hope to see that listed some day as one of the site updates.
Big thanks to the devs for listening to us crazy chicken keepers and changing the names away from the inaccurate ones! Like I said before, either generic or breeds that matched better would make me happy, so the generic names that went through are great!

I too hope in the future we might see some more cute chickens to add to our flocks, perhaps some of the more distinct breeds like sebright, silkie, polish, or even frizzled cochins.

I'm sure changing the art so that all chickens can be displayed on a dragon like the other pet apparels can will take more work than the name changes, but I do hope to see that listed some day as one of the site updates.
qXtt9fI.pngtA0uAbH.pngpYyjmYQ.png
Hello everyone! We're going to go ahead and lock this thread as the inaccurate name issue has been addressed and review suggests the thread has run its course. We agreed with the constructive feedback that some of the names were inaccurate and worked to find a way that was both accurate and made searching them in the Game Database, Dressing Room, and Customize pages easy. Thank you to everyone who provided constructive feedback and for sharing pictures of your adorable chickens! If you would like to make suggestions regarding additional apparel you'd like to see, please feel free to do so either in [b][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/1024732]the stickied apparel suggestions thread[/url][/b] or in its own thread if you feel there will be enough detailed discussion to support it. There are definitely breeds of chickens that are as majestic as dragons! [emoji=new friend size=1] Thank you!
Hello everyone! We're going to go ahead and lock this thread as the inaccurate name issue has been addressed and review suggests the thread has run its course. We agreed with the constructive feedback that some of the names were inaccurate and worked to find a way that was both accurate and made searching them in the Game Database, Dressing Room, and Customize pages easy. Thank you to everyone who provided constructive feedback and for sharing pictures of your adorable chickens!

If you would like to make suggestions regarding additional apparel you'd like to see, please feel free to do so either in the stickied apparel suggestions thread or in its own thread if you feel there will be enough detailed discussion to support it. There are definitely breeds of chickens that are as majestic as dragons!

Thank you!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7