Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Something I Noticed: Chicken Apparel
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
[quote name="SCB" date="2023-06-09 08:57:32"] Rename the chickens to locations in Sornieth and the whole thing wont be an issue. [/quote] I REALLYYY wish this was more common in FR. you have fantasy world, name them based on stuff in there, not our Earth stuff
SCB wrote on 2023-06-09 08:57:32:
Rename the chickens to locations in Sornieth and the whole thing wont be an issue.

I REALLYYY wish this was more common in FR. you have fantasy world, name them based on stuff in there, not our Earth stuff
WIhgWqV.pngyeetWr77RAu.png

yeet
you
see
mE
wHy

yeet hYZxkBA.gif
I’d support a rename to either Sorneith locations or the real-world breeds they actually resemble!

I was also disappointed I couldn’t have a full 6-chicken flock on a dragon, and that hopefully wouldn’t take long to adjust? The chicken poses themselves wouldn’t have to change at all, the images for three of them could just be moved to a different part of the canvas. To be fair, that’s probably about 90 images to edit, upload, and implement on the site (15 modern breeds + 2 poses each for 30 images per apparel item to edit x 3 chickens), so, probably a couple hours of work and it’s understandable if it’s not a priority, but still. it’d be nice.
I’d support a rename to either Sorneith locations or the real-world breeds they actually resemble!

I was also disappointed I couldn’t have a full 6-chicken flock on a dragon, and that hopefully wouldn’t take long to adjust? The chicken poses themselves wouldn’t have to change at all, the images for three of them could just be moved to a different part of the canvas. To be fair, that’s probably about 90 images to edit, upload, and implement on the site (15 modern breeds + 2 poses each for 30 images per apparel item to edit x 3 chickens), so, probably a couple hours of work and it’s understandable if it’s not a priority, but still. it’d be nice.
...who, me?
Support for renaming the apparel, as a lifelong chicken owner, it's disappointing.

in fact, my avatar dragon is one I made based off of one of my chickens that passed, heh
Support for renaming the apparel, as a lifelong chicken owner, it's disappointing.

in fact, my avatar dragon is one I made based off of one of my chickens that passed, heh
163.png 77504139.png 163.png
Support to either update the art in the (hopefully near) future, or change the names.
Support to either update the art in the (hopefully near) future, or change the names.
1uCNaW7.pngTTTUSP9.pngueG66KW.pngxjP79Zx.pngO0Pbuvo.png
Support for renaming, also I too was disappointed that dragons can only have three visible at once, would love to give my chicken lover a full flock
Support for renaming, also I too was disappointed that dragons can only have three visible at once, would love to give my chicken lover a full flock
All of my lair tabs have fan dragons except the last two. Also check my den. My avatar dragon is here!
is the art team lazy or smth
big support! i agree that renaming would be more feasible than redrawing/recoloring all the chickens :) they are super cute, they just don't look like their breeds. echoing what someone else said, i'm pretty sure it would be fixed pretty fast if for example our [item=corgi] had been called "great dane"!
big support! i agree that renaming would be more feasible than redrawing/recoloring all the chickens :) they are super cute, they just don't look like their breeds. echoing what someone else said, i'm pretty sure it would be fixed pretty fast if for example our Corgi had been called "great dane"!
79645518.png81164874.png81260751.png81324635.png
They do resemble real breeds, just not that ones they are named after. Maybe just an oversight? It would be easy enough to rename them I think. [quote name="tropicoolfish" date="2023-06-11 11:32:35" ] is the art team lazy or smth [/quote] Unnecessary
They do resemble real breeds, just not that ones they are named after. Maybe just an oversight? It would be easy enough to rename them I think.

tropicoolfish wrote on 2023-06-11 11:32:35:
Unnecessary
fIrkakB.png tumblr_osuiryrppa1v8lm95o1_75sq.png DeB4uZe.png
a129Nss.png SM9WJh6.png fX0bVgZ.png
[quote name="@Abiranariba" date="2023-06-11 12:13:32" ] [quote name="tropicoolfish" date="2023-06-11 11:32:35" ] is the art team lazy or smth [/quote] Unnecessary [/quote]honestly screw it i'm gonna die on this hill. the individuals on the team aren't bad or lazy but their technique of recolouring without any regard to the breed and then looking up breeds that sorta resemble the coat pattern is a pretty lazy thing to do.
@Abiranariba wrote on 2023-06-11 12:13:32:
tropicoolfish wrote on 2023-06-11 11:32:35:
Unnecessary
honestly screw it i'm gonna die on this hill. the individuals on the team aren't bad or lazy but their technique of recolouring without any regard to the breed and then looking up breeds that sorta resemble the coat pattern is a pretty lazy thing to do.
Support for renaming them to be more accurate to the actual breeds, or just renaming them based off the appearance. Same with the "Dumbo Rat" apparel. [item=Dumbo Rat] It doesn't look like a dumbo. Dumbos have round ears on the sides of their heads, so naming it "Fancy Rat"* or "Black-hooded Rat" would be more accurate. * I am not saying that fancy rats are different than dumbo rats
Support for renaming them to be more accurate to the actual breeds, or just renaming them based off the appearance. Same with the "Dumbo Rat" apparel.
Dumbo Rat
It doesn't look like a dumbo. Dumbos have round ears on the sides of their heads, so naming it "Fancy Rat"* or "Black-hooded Rat" would be more accurate.

* I am not saying that fancy rats are different than dumbo rats
jGVQbew.png Glimmer
Previously QuirkyJunimo
FR +3
Wishlist
oxDm2Un.png
CB1A5LI.png
xtBKBx8.png
mlHpBMC.png
fD64ZUR.png
7gibfJe.png
ZwbGqUa.png