Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Calling all lore clans <3
1 2 3 4 5 6
Sup, I'm Kiln and I'm moderately bored, procrastinating and looking for inspo.

I'm trying to get off my *** and either write my story draft, or work on my lore,,, but I'd like to take a gander at other folks' lore clans and possibly have a discussion?

Please introduce me to your lore, or link a dragon. I'll take some time and read a few and hopefully comment on most of them.

My other question is,

How much of a part do the canon FR gods play in your lore? Do they even exist? I've been realizing a lot of us (including myself) have made our own deities and spiritual forces/entities. And I'd like to develop my lore to be somewhat canon-compliant as well as mostly compatible with others folk's lore.

Perfect compatibly isn't realistic or worth it as everyone has their own very unique takes on storytelling. But one day I'd like to try to make some lore clan connections. :)

Fire away!
Sup, I'm Kiln and I'm moderately bored, procrastinating and looking for inspo.

I'm trying to get off my *** and either write my story draft, or work on my lore,,, but I'd like to take a gander at other folks' lore clans and possibly have a discussion?

Please introduce me to your lore, or link a dragon. I'll take some time and read a few and hopefully comment on most of them.

My other question is,

How much of a part do the canon FR gods play in your lore? Do they even exist? I've been realizing a lot of us (including myself) have made our own deities and spiritual forces/entities. And I'd like to develop my lore to be somewhat canon-compliant as well as mostly compatible with others folk's lore.

Perfect compatibly isn't realistic or worth it as everyone has their own very unique takes on storytelling. But one day I'd like to try to make some lore clan connections. :)

Fire away!
wqnTQE2.png Adult Player | They/them | 3+ FR Time | Student
Only dragons from tabs marked with
"forum game friendly", should be picked for forum games!
Seeking...
Skin: wandering independence
Please PM!
@Kiln
man I only do cannon, atleast i try to the best I can. I got a lair that Ive been working on. Give it a gander =D
@Kiln
man I only do cannon, atleast i try to the best I can. I got a lair that Ive been working on. Give it a gander =D
ary22F6.gif5nBi9J2.gifOfF9Gci.gif
@Kiln
I’m s l o w l y working on my lore if you want to take a look :)
the things that worked (in my head lol) for me was finding key words to describe their personality, or a treasured item they have, then build their relationships with other dragons.
@Kiln
I’m s l o w l y working on my lore if you want to take a look :)
the things that worked (in my head lol) for me was finding key words to describe their personality, or a treasured item they have, then build their relationships with other dragons.
projects & wishlist
fr + 2
love pings
They act more like the queens in wof in mine
They act more like the queens in wof in mine
?1yJ3f=platform.png
RSUsSvx.png
I have like 5 sets of lore in my own little bubble where all are connected - I'll mostly talk about the Moth Inquiries for this bc I think it's fun and I haven't rambled about them in a bit

Moths are just what I call Exaltees in my lore, and I use that as an "unexplained disappearance" so, they could be alive or just gone but there's no proof of either. Dragons start to get the urge to follow a deity, and soon it completely takes over their lives until they are locked away doing whatever they think the Deity in question has planned for them. The only things aside from Deity worship during this stage they will do is occasionally train their body to fight (if they haven't already) and sometimes talk and convince others to join them.

It started off small, but is now a genuine issue, and a task force from every Flight has been gathered to fight them- with logic, medicine, and warriors to defend them. Moths coming back from their Moth state are rare and very few and far inbetween, only 2 thus far and 1 hatched with Moth parents, and grew up as a Moth.

It's hard because there is so far no real way to tell who will become a Moth, and who doesn't. Moths also just tend to disappear without a trace when nobody expects it- sometimes taking observers with them!

In terms of canon lore, I threw most of it away. But, the Deities do exist! Mather gets sassed in my lore, it's great. I had Mather yoink Tidelord back from the store because I needed him for lore reasons and I also figured getting Tidelord back is a great reason to not have her in my lore for a bit, to show how much pressure the Deities put on their direct subjects even unintentionally. Mather and Earthshaker are fighting in it too because Flamecaller thinks he cursed some of her land to turn dragons who stay there too long into Obelisks. He didn't, but they are petty siblings, and as a middle child I think they would argue about this for a few centuries.

But yeah, in my lore the Deities are unintentionally evil via not communicating well. They mean well, think they are doing good, and they eventually do good. But they have dragons they specifically create for certain tasks and just leave them do them- not knowing them personally or knowing these dragons they create with a purpose in life have not been trained and are essentially hatchlings in adult dragon bodies. So when Flamecaller leaves to find the milk store, she creates DaFlameDFZ to prevent wars on her land for a while. It works, but Flame is in so much stress and paranoia from it that relaxing is something that takes a while to learn how to do.

You can click on the dragon in my signature to read more of that lore!
I have like 5 sets of lore in my own little bubble where all are connected - I'll mostly talk about the Moth Inquiries for this bc I think it's fun and I haven't rambled about them in a bit

Moths are just what I call Exaltees in my lore, and I use that as an "unexplained disappearance" so, they could be alive or just gone but there's no proof of either. Dragons start to get the urge to follow a deity, and soon it completely takes over their lives until they are locked away doing whatever they think the Deity in question has planned for them. The only things aside from Deity worship during this stage they will do is occasionally train their body to fight (if they haven't already) and sometimes talk and convince others to join them.

It started off small, but is now a genuine issue, and a task force from every Flight has been gathered to fight them- with logic, medicine, and warriors to defend them. Moths coming back from their Moth state are rare and very few and far inbetween, only 2 thus far and 1 hatched with Moth parents, and grew up as a Moth.

It's hard because there is so far no real way to tell who will become a Moth, and who doesn't. Moths also just tend to disappear without a trace when nobody expects it- sometimes taking observers with them!

In terms of canon lore, I threw most of it away. But, the Deities do exist! Mather gets sassed in my lore, it's great. I had Mather yoink Tidelord back from the store because I needed him for lore reasons and I also figured getting Tidelord back is a great reason to not have her in my lore for a bit, to show how much pressure the Deities put on their direct subjects even unintentionally. Mather and Earthshaker are fighting in it too because Flamecaller thinks he cursed some of her land to turn dragons who stay there too long into Obelisks. He didn't, but they are petty siblings, and as a middle child I think they would argue about this for a few centuries.

But yeah, in my lore the Deities are unintentionally evil via not communicating well. They mean well, think they are doing good, and they eventually do good. But they have dragons they specifically create for certain tasks and just leave them do them- not knowing them personally or knowing these dragons they create with a purpose in life have not been trained and are essentially hatchlings in adult dragon bodies. So when Flamecaller leaves to find the milk store, she creates DaFlameDFZ to prevent wars on her land for a while. It works, but Flame is in so much stress and paranoia from it that relaxing is something that takes a while to learn how to do.

You can click on the dragon in my signature to read more of that lore!
wUPafb6.png
RGeeKht.pngdeathseeker_caw_inv_zpsxpt2usp7.gif
I have a lore clan. It's a perpetual WIP, and not compiled in an organized fashion, but most of my main tab dragons have at least some written lore.

a sampling:
(obv you don't have to read all of these, feel free to bounce around)
- my progens Razanei and Chibundu
- Yuanzhang, ruler of Kaiator, and her daughter Miocene, rebellious prince
- Zenika, librarian, granddaughter of my progens
- Zauvari, deputy minister in the Kaiator Department of Transportation
- Taco, cat-loving goof (gameplay-wise he's the one who bonds all my unawakened familiars)

Re: the deities:
My lair isn't located in Sornieth, but we get commerce/immigration due to some kind of unspecified cross-world hax. In my lore, the Eleven do exist as powerful beings, but hardly anyone over here worships them (mostly just first-generation immigrants from Sornieth). I don't think I have any written mentions of them in my bios - not on purpose, but being a literal world away makes them not very relevant to anything.
I have a lore clan. It's a perpetual WIP, and not compiled in an organized fashion, but most of my main tab dragons have at least some written lore.

a sampling:
(obv you don't have to read all of these, feel free to bounce around)
- my progens Razanei and Chibundu
- Yuanzhang, ruler of Kaiator, and her daughter Miocene, rebellious prince
- Zenika, librarian, granddaughter of my progens
- Zauvari, deputy minister in the Kaiator Department of Transportation
- Taco, cat-loving goof (gameplay-wise he's the one who bonds all my unawakened familiars)

Re: the deities:
My lair isn't located in Sornieth, but we get commerce/immigration due to some kind of unspecified cross-world hax. In my lore, the Eleven do exist as powerful beings, but hardly anyone over here worships them (mostly just first-generation immigrants from Sornieth). I don't think I have any written mentions of them in my bios - not on purpose, but being a literal world away makes them not very relevant to anything.
Bubbly Buddy Razanei Lineage Project
Virtual Hibden
Breed Out the Ugly Challenge
My lore is split between two parallel universes, one where my dragons are normal(ish) in Sornieth, and one where they're all humans. They switch places with each other every night.

The canon gods exist... but our village doesn't worship or acknowledge them besides the occasional "uh huh, yeah" when we have outsiders come. The true gods / higher beings amble around in the void space between the two universes and aren't known to any villagers.
My lore is split between two parallel universes, one where my dragons are normal(ish) in Sornieth, and one where they're all humans. They switch places with each other every night.

The canon gods exist... but our village doesn't worship or acknowledge them besides the occasional "uh huh, yeah" when we have outsiders come. The true gods / higher beings amble around in the void space between the two universes and aren't known to any villagers.
3BQENe8.png
J7D1quC.png
qJFAY9h.png
47OyeGK.png
8B7LZd5.png
.........................................................................................................................................................................................
johPgo5.png
Lair Lore is really kind of overlapping stories. Here’s the one I’ve got all properly written out, but you get glimpses of the others and general background through it. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/73546300][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/735464/73546300_350.png[/img][/url]
Lair Lore is really kind of overlapping stories. Here’s the one I’ve got all properly written out, but you get glimpses of the others and general background through it.

73546300_350.png
NBJG3D5.gifNBJG3D5.gifNBJG3D5.gifNBJG3D5.gif
We Want Blep! Take Our money! We Want Blep! Take Our Money!

Please note - wonky eyes & busted hands; thanks for help & patience!
oh pfff my lore is absolutely nowhere near canon compliant, and while i suppose hotel/inn perpetually stuck in the twilight zone inhabited by mostly ghosts could theoretically exist within a canon compliant sornieth, I don't think elevators or indoor plumbing would

the deities are nowhere to be found in my lore, they just don't really jive with what I've done? I went with a far more supernatural feel rather than fantastical.
most of my lore is spread between dragon bios and my profile, it's pretty thin atm but I'm working on expanding it, feel free to take a look!
oh pfff my lore is absolutely nowhere near canon compliant, and while i suppose hotel/inn perpetually stuck in the twilight zone inhabited by mostly ghosts could theoretically exist within a canon compliant sornieth, I don't think elevators or indoor plumbing would

the deities are nowhere to be found in my lore, they just don't really jive with what I've done? I went with a far more supernatural feel rather than fantastical.
most of my lore is spread between dragon bios and my profile, it's pretty thin atm but I'm working on expanding it, feel free to take a look!
No need to ping, I'm subbed to all my own threads!
I have lore ive steadily been working on. I think personally ive struck a good balance on canon compliant and original additions (those additions being a whole other dimension).

The deities still exist in mine, in fact many in the know believe the Arcanists first time round almost destroying the world is what opened up ripples to the other side in the first place. But i think fr gods in general exist, but arent so overbearing you cant avoid them for your lore to make sense in the world, personally.

Also id LOVE lore connections with folks at some point (my lore can fit into pretty much any clan - my bio and the tooltips at the top of the tabs fill you in on pretty much everything, any dragon bios or that are just extras right now as i keep working on things). All there needs to be is a reason for them to go investigating another clan and thats where fun brainstorming can happen !!!
I have lore ive steadily been working on. I think personally ive struck a good balance on canon compliant and original additions (those additions being a whole other dimension).

The deities still exist in mine, in fact many in the know believe the Arcanists first time round almost destroying the world is what opened up ripples to the other side in the first place. But i think fr gods in general exist, but arent so overbearing you cant avoid them for your lore to make sense in the world, personally.

Also id LOVE lore connections with folks at some point (my lore can fit into pretty much any clan - my bio and the tooltips at the top of the tabs fill you in on pretty much everything, any dragon bios or that are just extras right now as i keep working on things). All there needs to be is a reason for them to go investigating another clan and thats where fun brainstorming can happen !!!
dragon.png mXMhPXb.png
1 2 3 4 5 6