Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Dumbest Video Game Deaths?
1 2 3 4 5 6
playing fallout new vegas and got absolutely sniped by a mirelurk's ranged spit attack lol i had never run into one before then :,) only saw it cause my companion ran right up to it and agitated it (this is just one of several instances)
playing fallout new vegas and got absolutely sniped by a mirelurk's ranged spit attack lol i had never run into one before then :,) only saw it cause my companion ran right up to it and agitated it (this is just one of several instances)
ZwMTIV6.png
+3 fr time. please ping if responding. pfp dragon
"Play too much apex = forget other FPS games have fall damage" comes to mind
"Play too much apex = forget other FPS games have fall damage" comes to mind
Kicking a shell in mario and then being killed by it is a classic.
Kicking a shell in mario and then being killed by it is a classic.
ArgR83c.png
The first time I played Breath of the Wild, I immediatly forgot which button to press for opening the paraglider ... literally seconds after I got it.
So I jumped down from the temple of time, pressed a button, realized it did nothing and then kept pressing random other buttons, never finding the right one and thus dying from the fall damage ... it sure was an experience.

Many, many years ago, when I first played on a minecraft server, a former friend and I dug a hole and tried to wait out the night in there. Problem was - we couldn't see, if the sun had come up and me, being much more inexperienced at the time, thought "oh hey, why not quickly open the hole and look up at the sky"
Big mistake, because a zombie immediatly landed on us, I closed the hole again in pretty much the same moment, we did not see anything and died.
We never found that place again btw
That was the day I learned, that we could have heard when the sun was up again oof
The first time I played Breath of the Wild, I immediatly forgot which button to press for opening the paraglider ... literally seconds after I got it.
So I jumped down from the temple of time, pressed a button, realized it did nothing and then kept pressing random other buttons, never finding the right one and thus dying from the fall damage ... it sure was an experience.

Many, many years ago, when I first played on a minecraft server, a former friend and I dug a hole and tried to wait out the night in there. Problem was - we couldn't see, if the sun had come up and me, being much more inexperienced at the time, thought "oh hey, why not quickly open the hole and look up at the sky"
Big mistake, because a zombie immediatly landed on us, I closed the hole again in pretty much the same moment, we did not see anything and died.
We never found that place again btw
That was the day I learned, that we could have heard when the sun was up again oof
i was playing red dead online, was on my horse and was looking through my gun's scope- my horse ran straight into a building and the impact killed me
i was playing red dead online, was on my horse and was looking through my gun's scope- my horse ran straight into a building and the impact killed me
I've taken wayyy too much fall damage in games trying to gitch my way around mountains and other terrain to try and avoid fighting enemies
I've taken wayyy too much fall damage in games trying to gitch my way around mountains and other terrain to try and avoid fighting enemies
No need to ping, I'm subbed to all my own threads!
tfw you get greedy with hitting flaming espinas in monster hunter rise and you completely miss the long, telegraphed startup of his oneshot nuke, you get stuck in a hit animation, and you get EXPLODED. somehow (probably thanks to all the fire resistance and defense up stuff you have slotted in) you're still alive. you then completely miss the fact that he's doing a FOLLOWUP nuke. you get a face full of Nuke 2: Nuke Harder. NOW you faint. i forgor [emoji=skull size=1]
tfw you get greedy with hitting flaming espinas in monster hunter rise and you completely miss the long, telegraphed startup of his oneshot nuke, you get stuck in a hit animation, and you get EXPLODED. somehow (probably thanks to all the fire resistance and defense up stuff you have slotted in) you're still alive. you then completely miss the fact that he's doing a FOLLOWUP nuke. you get a face full of Nuke 2: Nuke Harder. NOW you faint.

i forgor
tumblr_nj881zEgtm1qbol1ao1_400.png
he/him // ER critter
[quote name="@PinkPlushChicken" date="2023-04-04 17:55:08" ] That was the day I learned, that we could have [i]heard[/i] when the sun was up again oof [/quote] Wait, really? I’ve never heard of this. How? I looked it up, but I wasn’t able to find any info. I’d love to know! [emoji=aether laughing size=1]
@PinkPlushChicken wrote on 2023-04-04 17:55:08:
Wait, really? I’ve never heard of this. How? I looked it up, but I wasn’t able to find any info. I’d love to know!
oJK1fXV.png
@DriftingDreams

Hostile mobs start taking damage as soon as the sun comes up (since they start to burn), so if there's no shade nearby, where they can hide ... you'll hear the hostile mobs take damage due to the sun
(so it's not directly the sun that could be heard, it's just the mobs)
@DriftingDreams

Hostile mobs start taking damage as soon as the sun comes up (since they start to burn), so if there's no shade nearby, where they can hide ... you'll hear the hostile mobs take damage due to the sun
(so it's not directly the sun that could be heard, it's just the mobs)
I was playing Ark and was attempting to get this Pteranodon gal. I jumped on it, got stuck IN THE WING, somehow took damage, and died.

Guys, Ark mobile is weird but the only version I can have,, so,, eheh
I was playing Ark and was attempting to get this Pteranodon gal. I jumped on it, got stuck IN THE WING, somehow took damage, and died.

Guys, Ark mobile is weird but the only version I can have,, so,, eheh
i6v47.gif ART SHOP! | Fandragons! | Wishlist3Wlxo1.pngoUpjQ1.pngDRHmW1.png|zWJck.gifDJ3xg.gifcyfCl.gif85beD.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6