Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Dumbest Video Game Deaths?
1 2 3 4 5 6
a good sum of months ago, when my friend was still in late Heavensward in FFXIV, I was showing off my classes and discussing with them what I should level next-

-I changed into Red Mage whilst explaining how the class worked with it's "hybrid" style of combat, aand completely blanked on the fact it was level 50? in a lvl60 area.
You wouldn't think the 10 level difference would be so bad, but as soon as I tried to show my friend some of the attack animations and skills, I got 1-shot by a bleeding earth elemental.

it was actually really funny at the time, and we both sort of started wheezing
a good sum of months ago, when my friend was still in late Heavensward in FFXIV, I was showing off my classes and discussing with them what I should level next-

-I changed into Red Mage whilst explaining how the class worked with it's "hybrid" style of combat, aand completely blanked on the fact it was level 50? in a lvl60 area.
You wouldn't think the 10 level difference would be so bad, but as soon as I tried to show my friend some of the attack animations and skills, I got 1-shot by a bleeding earth elemental.

it was actually really funny at the time, and we both sort of started wheezing
Once in DnD, I tried to kill a bad guy but rolled consecutive ones. The first 1, I slipped on my own banana peel. The second 1, I landed on my weapon. The third 1, I fell off a cliff. The fourth 1, I landed in my own trap. This did not kill me. I did, however, die when the guy I tried to assassinate also fell of the cliff, landed on me, and survived the fall damage because I was softening the blow. I did not survive the crush damage.
Once in DnD, I tried to kill a bad guy but rolled consecutive ones. The first 1, I slipped on my own banana peel. The second 1, I landed on my weapon. The third 1, I fell off a cliff. The fourth 1, I landed in my own trap. This did not kill me. I did, however, die when the guy I tried to assassinate also fell of the cliff, landed on me, and survived the fall damage because I was softening the blow. I did not survive the crush damage.
D64-F42-E2-09-B6-4102-832-E-48-EA05684-BFB.jpg
heres a selection with mostly of just what recordings i could find of my funny deaths ----- i have numerous clips in spore origins (spore mobile game thats kinda like cell stage) where i start specifically one of the volcanic crevice levels and die in 8 seconds tops because i smacked into one too many dudes. one clip was 3 seconds long in donkey kong country tropical freeze i have at least a few clips where im doing seemingly fine then i slightly graze a penguin and instantly die. i have more like that bc ive played hard mode a lot and yeah you get 1 hp so grazing anything makes you insantly die i also have a mario odyssey clip where i exit luigis balloon world in bowsers kingdom and instantly walk off into the void i have a dkc3 clip where i get all of the stars in the minigame and hear the jingle that tells me i can go pick up the minigame reward now, i go left bc i wasnt sure where it was, then head back right and accidetnally fall into a pit and lose the minigame lmao i also have a clip in that lightning level where i throw a steel barrel at the guy holding the dk medal and i get zapped by lightning before i get it and kiddys reaction of "aHHHHHHHHHHHHH" perfectly sums up how that must have felt like at the time i also have a dkc2 clip where i knock out two click clacks (beetle dudes) and i pick one up, i go to the right while holding it and just stand there for some strange reason and then the other click clack gets up and kills me (and the other click clack, and this click clack also dies) also a mario maker 2 clip where i could Not anticipate a random buzzy beetle falling from the skies and landing on my head also killing me it wasnt a death exactly but one time i lost all of my lives on level speicifcally 666 in angry birds dream blast one time in spore in one of the maxis adventures i was going up to the altar with the spoffit on it, for some reason all of the enemy spaceships were there, i walked up to the altar and stood there for a second and then just randomly died [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/871329303982374943/1092056859579527208/image.png[/img] ----- [quote name="ClaratheBlaziken" date="2023-03-31 08:57:57" ] My X Box controller that I use for playing games has a wonky L-Stick and I've had times where I'd die in video games because I'd be trying to go right and then it'd just turn left for no reason and I'd fall down or it'd attack in the completely wrong direction and the boss/whatever would get me from there. Super frustrating. [/quote] this will always happen if you have joycons[color=transparent]||||[/color]!
heres a selection with mostly of just what recordings i could find of my funny deaths
i have numerous clips in spore origins (spore mobile game thats kinda like cell stage) where i start specifically one of the volcanic crevice levels and die in 8 seconds tops because i smacked into one too many dudes. one clip was 3 seconds long

in donkey kong country tropical freeze i have at least a few clips where im doing seemingly fine then i slightly graze a penguin and instantly die. i have more like that bc ive played hard mode a lot and yeah you get 1 hp so grazing anything makes you insantly die

i also have a mario odyssey clip where i exit luigis balloon world in bowsers kingdom and instantly walk off into the void

i have a dkc3 clip where i get all of the stars in the minigame and hear the jingle that tells me i can go pick up the minigame reward now, i go left bc i wasnt sure where it was, then head back right and accidetnally fall into a pit and lose the minigame lmao
i also have a clip in that lightning level where i throw a steel barrel at the guy holding the dk medal and i get zapped by lightning before i get it and kiddys reaction of "aHHHHHHHHHHHHH" perfectly sums up how that must have felt like at the time

i also have a dkc2 clip where i knock out two click clacks (beetle dudes) and i pick one up, i go to the right while holding it and just stand there for some strange reason and then the other click clack gets up and kills me (and the other click clack, and this click clack also dies)

also a mario maker 2 clip where i could Not anticipate a random buzzy beetle falling from the skies and landing on my head also killing me

it wasnt a death exactly but one time i lost all of my lives on level speicifcally 666 in angry birds dream blast

one time in spore in one of the maxis adventures i was going up to the altar with the spoffit on it, for some reason all of the enemy spaceships were there, i walked up to the altar and stood there for a second and then just randomly died
image.png
ClaratheBlaziken wrote on 2023-03-31 08:57:57:
My X Box controller that I use for playing games has a wonky L-Stick and I've had times where I'd die in video games because I'd be trying to go right and then it'd just turn left for no reason and I'd fall down or it'd attack in the completely wrong direction and the boss/whatever would get me from there. Super frustrating.
this will always happen if you have joycons||||!
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
I walked off a cliff once
I walked off a cliff once
a cartoonized velvet worm that is a dark blue with white specks all over. the art's signature is 476242
my partner, in their first hour of playing Breath of the Wild, has managed to:
- run out of stamina while climbing the Great Plateau Tower and fall off
- get shot by a Guardian
- almost die to a Bokoblin
- almost die from the cold

my partner also got into a fight with a Shinx and nearly died falling off a cliff during their first hour of playing Pokemon Legends:Arceus
also, they died to the shark enemies in Neo:The World Ends With You

as for me, I think the most embarrassing video game death I've had was dying to that gosh darn Alpha Rapidash in Legends:Arceus. Alpha Snorlax also killed me once but that was kinda my own fault for trying to get past it so early on lol
my partner, in their first hour of playing Breath of the Wild, has managed to:
- run out of stamina while climbing the Great Plateau Tower and fall off
- get shot by a Guardian
- almost die to a Bokoblin
- almost die from the cold

my partner also got into a fight with a Shinx and nearly died falling off a cliff during their first hour of playing Pokemon Legends:Arceus
also, they died to the shark enemies in Neo:The World Ends With You

as for me, I think the most embarrassing video game death I've had was dying to that gosh darn Alpha Rapidash in Legends:Arceus. Alpha Snorlax also killed me once but that was kinda my own fault for trying to get past it so early on lol
Imagining dragons...

Lucky - HxcMlGn.png - JrEJc4j.png
fanfiction writer and chronic daydreamer - uPNWHgD.png

EHXIkb0.png
I keep running off ledges in elden ring when I’m riding my horse. It’s always too late when I notice that the cliff is a bit too tall..

Also there has been multiple times where I’m trying to jump away from an enemy in Ultrakill and jump directly into a random meat grinder
I keep running off ledges in elden ring when I’m riding my horse. It’s always too late when I notice that the cliff is a bit too tall..

Also there has been multiple times where I’m trying to jump away from an enemy in Ultrakill and jump directly into a random meat grinder
Antique Oil Lamp Paleogene
she/her
I collect bug items and transmuted treasures
nnnnnn
Transmuted Treasure
Skelos Badlands in Spyro 2 got me a few times:

There's a portion where you need the invincibility power up to go on the lava and I just...didn't do that for whatever reason??? Jumped into lava...game over.

Then the lizard hatching minigame I dove off the side of a cliff instead of flaming the last lizard.
Breeze Harbor in Spyro 2 also got me once...I only play the PS1 versions and I use the swim in air glitch, I swam into one of the silver Spike enemies and crashed the game...I am very careful not to crash when I use those glitches in the originals after that lol
KHBBSFM: I tried fighting the Iron Imprisoner on Critical mode, and forgot to equip any cures. Didn't end well.
KH2FM: Lingering Will first attempt. No other context necessary. Oof.
Skelos Badlands in Spyro 2 got me a few times:

There's a portion where you need the invincibility power up to go on the lava and I just...didn't do that for whatever reason??? Jumped into lava...game over.

Then the lizard hatching minigame I dove off the side of a cliff instead of flaming the last lizard.
Breeze Harbor in Spyro 2 also got me once...I only play the PS1 versions and I use the swim in air glitch, I swam into one of the silver Spike enemies and crashed the game...I am very careful not to crash when I use those glitches in the originals after that lol
KHBBSFM: I tried fighting the Iron Imprisoner on Critical mode, and forgot to equip any cures. Didn't end well.
KH2FM: Lingering Will first attempt. No other context necessary. Oof.
FObX7rS.png
mlHpBMC.png
MUYNhfy.png
X5HxiG2.png
9mjyPzr.png
I'm buying Midnight/Silver G1s!
c0AqrsL.png
nNNlBBj.png
kncGB4g.gif
KV5d5h7.png
J0opiUV.png LDkMPPP.png
jo4fU6U.png
l8NOdbs.png
d9YLPfe.png
kidVjbL.png 5hF3FGk.png
753hxVX.png
ll0CfnD.png
OPS7bfK.png
Mega Mega Zero 4. Second stage- within the first 30 seconds, I slip and fall into some water over a bottomless pit that was an easy jump- like one enemy nearby, it was a tutorial to dash jumping.
I failed this jump three times in a row.
I had played the first three games, so I knew the dash mechanics.

For those who know this game, here’s a comparison. I died three times on the Artificial Sun stage (not the boss). I died the same number of times on one of the simplest jumps in the game as I did on what is considered one of the hardest stages in the game.

Destiny 2: Not my lil baby hunter with a power level of like ten above the expansion’s base power level trying to solo raids :D

Subnautica: Ghost Leviathan and Crabsquid double team me and push my Cyclops into the ceiling of a cave. Both screaming top of their lungs, their AI has broken and they’re just pushing it even more. Squid keeps disabling my Cyclops power until the ghost leaves and ANOTHER squid shows up. I keep getting emp-d not realizing that my floodlights are on and that attracts ANOTHER squid (Don’t go to the Deep Grand Reef kids) and I (somehow) drown INSIDE MY SUB because it somehow never regained its power (bug I think) and I was NOT going outside with three spiders squids the size of buses there. TLDR: Do not use any light sources in areas with Crabsquids.)
Mega Mega Zero 4. Second stage- within the first 30 seconds, I slip and fall into some water over a bottomless pit that was an easy jump- like one enemy nearby, it was a tutorial to dash jumping.
I failed this jump three times in a row.
I had played the first three games, so I knew the dash mechanics.

For those who know this game, here’s a comparison. I died three times on the Artificial Sun stage (not the boss). I died the same number of times on one of the simplest jumps in the game as I did on what is considered one of the hardest stages in the game.

Destiny 2: Not my lil baby hunter with a power level of like ten above the expansion’s base power level trying to solo raids :D

Subnautica: Ghost Leviathan and Crabsquid double team me and push my Cyclops into the ceiling of a cave. Both screaming top of their lungs, their AI has broken and they’re just pushing it even more. Squid keeps disabling my Cyclops power until the ghost leaves and ANOTHER squid shows up. I keep getting emp-d not realizing that my floodlights are on and that attracts ANOTHER squid (Don’t go to the Deep Grand Reef kids) and I (somehow) drown INSIDE MY SUB because it somehow never regained its power (bug I think) and I was NOT going outside with three spiders squids the size of buses there. TLDR: Do not use any light sources in areas with Crabsquids.)
RSUsSvx.png
During my first bloodborne playthrough, when I fought with Ludwig, his 2nd phase boss theme was so cool and gave crawling on my back. The theme was so beautiful and I froze. And then I got hit and died c:
During my first bloodborne playthrough, when I fought with Ludwig, his 2nd phase boss theme was so cool and gave crawling on my back. The theme was so beautiful and I froze. And then I got hit and died c:
WHERE HER DREAMS END >
Unite we stand, divide we fall
| WD/WHDE | ~Plague~ | Any Pronounce | FRT+17(GMT+9) |

| ART SHOP | ACCENT SHOP | HATCHERY | feel free to ping!. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
8c05f7199b7e3138b1bd09794101984bae36928e.png
in minecraft, i swam into an underwater cave w/o marking where i first entered and drowned myself like an idiot
in minecraft, i swam into an underwater cave w/o marking where i first entered and drowned myself like an idiot
ezgif-5-d59d01f068.gif
Debbie / Nova
18 - Non-Binary - Any Pronouns
Art Shop | Wishlist
2kdMs.gifUgAP0.gifyv2d9.gifJ2yrF.gifA6sar.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6