Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Dumbest Video Game Deaths?
1 2 3 4 5 6
In Fallout 4 I watched in horror and awe as Dogmeat happily trotted through a hallway of laser-sight-triggered bombs and killed us both
In Fallout 4 I watched in horror and awe as Dogmeat happily trotted through a hallway of laser-sight-triggered bombs and killed us both
nZzzLxJ.png Horror aesthetic/lore lair
Weird goblin hermit
She/Her
.......................... Massive Horror fan
Gamer
Writer
zwGyDvx.png
kept accidentally rolling off the ice dragon cliff in sunspire in elder scrolls online when we'd wipe and back away from the boss to try the fight again, and 11 people had to wait for me to respawn a second time before we could continue.
kept accidentally rolling off the ice dragon cliff in sunspire in elder scrolls online when we'd wipe and back away from the boss to try the fight again, and 11 people had to wait for me to respawn a second time before we could continue.
HGHShlI.png
Taking lethal fall damage in genshin impact in [i]every way imaginable[/i]. Either because I didn’t know or timed things badly [emoji=skull size=1] happens to this day
Taking lethal fall damage in genshin impact in every way imaginable. Either because I didn’t know or timed things badly happens to this day
1vAtYxM.png
eq6zQ9M.png
tyEuRXe.png
Tl1dGxE.png
G8AyR6r.png
IMG_6995.png 4ogWlJU.png
o4KdtaP.png
oClJnAg.png
...Throwing explosives at enemies who are already shooting at me.

And then not learning and doing it again.
...Throwing explosives at enemies who are already shooting at me.

And then not learning and doing it again.
A rotating signature of Elden Ring talisman items._
♦ He/Him | FR+2
Hatchery
Art Shop
Achievement Tips
___________________signature%2090.png
At the VERY START OF THE GAME, in Breath of the Wild, I jumped off the cliff - why? Well, only to test for possible fall damage AND check if we get the Paraglider immediately upon waking up or not. Needless to say, I died PAINFULLY. I don't know why I decided to be dumb.

The only thing that I know? That, of course, I'm an idiot. Obviously every Nintendo/PS game has fall damage / possibility of death from falling incorporated into it, either one way or entirely another. Well, I don't think Pokémon has fall damage, but my sentence still stands correctly.
At the VERY START OF THE GAME, in Breath of the Wild, I jumped off the cliff - why? Well, only to test for possible fall damage AND check if we get the Paraglider immediately upon waking up or not. Needless to say, I died PAINFULLY. I don't know why I decided to be dumb.

The only thing that I know? That, of course, I'm an idiot. Obviously every Nintendo/PS game has fall damage / possibility of death from falling incorporated into it, either one way or entirely another. Well, I don't think Pokémon has fall damage, but my sentence still stands correctly.
Hi, I'm Elisha. If I don't respond, I'm not trying to ignore you; I just don't know what to say sometimes. a bit of empty space to scoot the image over if you need Moonlit Caverns Hatchery ZSYPjY6.png
Playing Borderlands 2 with my siblings and I managed to get stuck in a crevice that I couldn't jump out of *facepalm*

Had to yeet myself with rocket launcher recoil to escape lol
Playing Borderlands 2 with my siblings and I managed to get stuck in a crevice that I couldn't jump out of *facepalm*

Had to yeet myself with rocket launcher recoil to escape lol
[quote name="PinkPlushChicken" date="2023-04-04 17:55:08" ] The first time I played Breath of the Wild, I immediatly forgot which button to press for opening the paraglider ... literally seconds after I got it. So I jumped down from the temple of time, pressed a button, realized it did nothing and then kept pressing random other buttons, never finding the right one and thus dying from the fall damage ... it sure was an experience. Many, many years ago, when I first played on a minecraft server, a former friend and I dug a hole and tried to wait out the night in there. Problem was - we couldn't see, if the sun had come up and me, being much more inexperienced at the time, thought "oh hey, why not quickly open the hole and look up at the sky" Big mistake, because a zombie immediatly landed on us, I closed the hole again in pretty much the same moment, we did not see anything and died. We never found that place again btw That was the day I learned, that we could have heard when the sun was up again oof [/quote] im going to actually take this into consideration now <>-<> def havent made this mistake as an experienced player, OOPSIES, now i know (also if you make a little hole on the higher block, if its a 2 block tall hole, then you can dig up and make a little opening that nothing can get into, except maybe spiders, idk, spiders are easy to kill)
PinkPlushChicken wrote on 2023-04-04 17:55:08:
The first time I played Breath of the Wild, I immediatly forgot which button to press for opening the paraglider ... literally seconds after I got it.
So I jumped down from the temple of time, pressed a button, realized it did nothing and then kept pressing random other buttons, never finding the right one and thus dying from the fall damage ... it sure was an experience.

Many, many years ago, when I first played on a minecraft server, a former friend and I dug a hole and tried to wait out the night in there. Problem was - we couldn't see, if the sun had come up and me, being much more inexperienced at the time, thought "oh hey, why not quickly open the hole and look up at the sky"
Big mistake, because a zombie immediatly landed on us, I closed the hole again in pretty much the same moment, we did not see anything and died.
We never found that place again btw
That was the day I learned, that we could have heard when the sun was up again oof

im going to actually take this into consideration now <>-<> def havent made this mistake as an experienced player, OOPSIES, now i know (also if you make a little hole on the higher block, if its a 2 block tall hole, then you can dig up and make a little opening that nothing can get into, except maybe spiders, idk, spiders are easy to kill)
[quote name="EL1SHA" date="2023-04-09 01:18:41" ] The only thing that I know? That, of course, I'm an idiot. Obviously every Nintendo/PS game has fall damage / possibility of death from falling incorporated into it, either one way or entirely another. Well, I don't think Pokémon has fall damage, but my sentence still stands correctly. [/quote] So about Pokemon. Last year a BOTW-type Pokemon game came out, Pokemon Legends Arceus. So the camera is behind your player at all times, but you can move it around yourself to scout out areas and what's around you. Which is important because all Pokemon are now spawning in the world and not just hiding in grass. This makes it much easier to hunt specific species, which is a requirement of the game's story, as well as shiny hunting for those inclined. Anyways in the first world, there's sort of a mountain in the middle of the area. If you don't think to turn your camera around, you could fall off a ledge and get seriously injured... Which happened to me, as I was searching for Pikachu (a rare spawn) in that area... Also, in this title Poke Ride is back in a new form. You will meet certain Pokemon that will be rented to you for mobility. You can climb cliffs, swim across water, and even fly. The only downside: The flying Pokemon, Hisui Braviary, can go [i]really[/i] high up in the air. If you aren't careful, you may accidentally press the 'let go' button and fall to your death. I have died multiple times this way.
EL1SHA wrote on 2023-04-09 01:18:41:

So about Pokemon.

Last year a BOTW-type Pokemon game came out, Pokemon Legends Arceus.

So the camera is behind your player at all times, but you can move it around yourself to scout out areas and what's around you. Which is important because all Pokemon are now spawning in the world and not just hiding in grass. This makes it much easier to hunt specific species, which is a requirement of the game's story, as well as shiny hunting for those inclined.

Anyways in the first world, there's sort of a mountain in the middle of the area. If you don't think to turn your camera around, you could fall off a ledge and get seriously injured...

Which happened to me, as I was searching for Pikachu (a rare spawn) in that area...

Also, in this title Poke Ride is back in a new form. You will meet certain Pokemon that will be rented to you for mobility. You can climb cliffs, swim across water, and even fly. The only downside: The flying Pokemon, Hisui Braviary, can go really high up in the air. If you aren't careful, you may accidentally press the 'let go' button and fall to your death.

I have died multiple times this way.
Fishes __ she/her | +3 FR time
wishlist | avatar
____
c7f927562db794324e2d8df76f939ee553b9c321.png
Probably in Minecraft when my friend said "Careful, the nether portal leads right above lava. There is not a lot of moving room when you go in. It just drops off." And I walked straight off the tiny platform into the biggest lava pool ever. Wearing armour and tools that I had just made for the occasion
Probably in Minecraft when my friend said "Careful, the nether portal leads right above lava. There is not a lot of moving room when you go in. It just drops off." And I walked straight off the tiny platform into the biggest lava pool ever. Wearing armour and tools that I had just made for the occasion
FalYOWW.png
| Tundra
| She/Her
| FR Time +5

| FR Blog
| Art Blog
| DeviantArt
HvCm96W.png
Can't recall any specific examples, but there have been many, MANY times in Elden Ring where I've been trying to get through a really difficult area over and over again and the thing that finally makes me lose my runes for good is just walking off a cliff like an idiot.
Can't recall any specific examples, but there have been many, MANY times in Elden Ring where I've been trying to get through a really difficult area over and over again and the thing that finally makes me lose my runes for good is just walking off a cliff like an idiot.
1 2 3 4 5 6