Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Bad artblock show me art you're proud of
1 2 3
@Commander It is, actually! He was my go-to subject for that period in my art lol. I’d watched PPG on occasion as a kid and during that time I also rewatched some of the original episodes, it was a fun nostalgia trip.

Also yes, him joining is canon. He was part of the band for one album and as far as I know all there’s been since is easter eggs. Those were fun to look for.
@Commander It is, actually! He was my go-to subject for that period in my art lol. I’d watched PPG on occasion as a kid and during that time I also rewatched some of the original episodes, it was a fun nostalgia trip.

Also yes, him joining is canon. He was part of the band for one album and as far as I know all there’s been since is easter eggs. Those were fun to look for.
> My tumblr
> My AO3
X
An angry-looking night elf woman with short green hair and a burn scar on her left cheek, looking to the viewer's right.A night elf woman with purple facial tattoos and purple hair, looking at the viewer with a confident smirk.
she/her | 18+ | FR+2 | brain full of night elves
>> Avatar
>> I love pings!
>> PixelZ, not PixelS!
xxxdont%20feed%20the%20ai.gif
@DeathbyPixelz

Ahh, that's awesome! I just rewatched PPG myself when it was on Hulu. Glad I did when I did because now I need something to do it again, and it's super pricey so it's like "haha, NO".

I'm more of a Lil Arturo girl, but I have to admit, Ace was fun to watch sometimes, aha. You captured him brilliantly in your piece~ Now I wonder how he joined the band. xD
@DeathbyPixelz

Ahh, that's awesome! I just rewatched PPG myself when it was on Hulu. Glad I did when I did because now I need something to do it again, and it's super pricey so it's like "haha, NO".

I'm more of a Lil Arturo girl, but I have to admit, Ace was fun to watch sometimes, aha. You captured him brilliantly in your piece~ Now I wonder how he joined the band. xD
@Commander Lil Arturo is definitely my second favorite from the GGG, he’s super fun :D

The in-lore reason for Ace joining iirc is just that one of the full-time members knew him as a friend and called him in lol, Gorillaz lore is just kinda whatever works best for the music video. Meta-wise the artist had connections at Cartoon Network and just asked.
@Commander Lil Arturo is definitely my second favorite from the GGG, he’s super fun :D

The in-lore reason for Ace joining iirc is just that one of the full-time members knew him as a friend and called him in lol, Gorillaz lore is just kinda whatever works best for the music video. Meta-wise the artist had connections at Cartoon Network and just asked.
> My tumblr
> My AO3
X
An angry-looking night elf woman with short green hair and a burn scar on her left cheek, looking to the viewer's right.A night elf woman with purple facial tattoos and purple hair, looking at the viewer with a confident smirk.
she/her | 18+ | FR+2 | brain full of night elves
>> Avatar
>> I love pings!
>> PixelZ, not PixelS!
xxxdont%20feed%20the%20ai.gif
@DeathbyPixelz

Hehe, Arturo's my first, then Big Billy, tbh. I think Ace would be my third, but idk. xD I just don't care for Snake or Grubber that much.

Ohhh, that would make sense! Yeah, I figured they meant the voice actor, but I can see people headcanoning the char as well~ I was never into the band (may had known one song but I don't even remember it since it was so long ago, oops! May still have it on my comp, though) so I wouldn't know about any of the music vids, ahaha. But still, that's neat!
@DeathbyPixelz

Hehe, Arturo's my first, then Big Billy, tbh. I think Ace would be my third, but idk. xD I just don't care for Snake or Grubber that much.

Ohhh, that would make sense! Yeah, I figured they meant the voice actor, but I can see people headcanoning the char as well~ I was never into the band (may had known one song but I don't even remember it since it was so long ago, oops! May still have it on my comp, though) so I wouldn't know about any of the music vids, ahaha. But still, that's neat!
@DeathbyPixelz
Oh gosh, what a journey! Thank you for taking the time to dig up your art for me to see! I've been thinking alot about what you've written here. It makes sense, I think I also need that hard reset considering every single time I put pen to page it just automatically feels so draining and exhausting.
But wow, Cathala out here making a comeback! Her poses look a lot more fluid since her revamp. Especially the last one for Valentines day, absolutely adorable and well shaded. Shoutout to Ace practicing his guitar too, I like how expressive he is! He looks like he's practicing as you do at the same time.

@Commander
Huzzah, pizza party for all! Don't worry, I won't ask you to draw a Transformer!

Also, so the way it goes for Ace and Gorillaz. I cannot find the video any longer, however we did get a trailer a while back beforem "Humility" came out where we see Murdoc behind bars. He says something along the lines that an imposter swapped places with him during a jailbreak and to not trust him! That imposter turned out to be Ace from Powerpuff Girls.

@DeathbyPixelz
Oh gosh, what a journey! Thank you for taking the time to dig up your art for me to see! I've been thinking alot about what you've written here. It makes sense, I think I also need that hard reset considering every single time I put pen to page it just automatically feels so draining and exhausting.
But wow, Cathala out here making a comeback! Her poses look a lot more fluid since her revamp. Especially the last one for Valentines day, absolutely adorable and well shaded. Shoutout to Ace practicing his guitar too, I like how expressive he is! He looks like he's practicing as you do at the same time.

@Commander
Huzzah, pizza party for all! Don't worry, I won't ask you to draw a Transformer!

Also, so the way it goes for Ace and Gorillaz. I cannot find the video any longer, however we did get a trailer a while back beforem "Humility" came out where we see Murdoc behind bars. He says something along the lines that an imposter swapped places with him during a jailbreak and to not trust him! That imposter turned out to be Ace from Powerpuff Girls.

*pizza is thrown at your face*

Xac wants his tip and he'll keep throwing pizzas until he gets it!

Hahaha, one day maybe I'll try the Gundam stage again; I used to draw SD Gundam Force characters (very obscure anime, got cancelled, but could still be found on YouTube). Right now, I'm primarily fixed on my OCs, but would like to draw more BattleBots fan art. And I mean the actual Bots, not my alternate forms for them. I have a piece of Ripperoni I drew a while back that still needs to be scanned...I even drew his dragon with the design. *sigh* Just too lazy to bother.

AHHH, I love that! xD Of course, I'm not gonna know anything about the band members, but that still sounds gold, hahaha! I wonder if somehow Murdoc had green painted (or something) skin after, since it would then be easy to tell who it was otherwise. :P Or they just went "heck with logic, just make it funny".
*pizza is thrown at your face*

Xac wants his tip and he'll keep throwing pizzas until he gets it!

Hahaha, one day maybe I'll try the Gundam stage again; I used to draw SD Gundam Force characters (very obscure anime, got cancelled, but could still be found on YouTube). Right now, I'm primarily fixed on my OCs, but would like to draw more BattleBots fan art. And I mean the actual Bots, not my alternate forms for them. I have a piece of Ripperoni I drew a while back that still needs to be scanned...I even drew his dragon with the design. *sigh* Just too lazy to bother.

AHHH, I love that! xD Of course, I'm not gonna know anything about the band members, but that still sounds gold, hahaha! I wonder if somehow Murdoc had green painted (or something) skin after, since it would then be easy to tell who it was otherwise. :P Or they just went "heck with logic, just make it funny".
@Commander

I've only vaguely seen Gundam floating around on the internet, perhaps I'll check it out! Don't let comparing your skills to what probably is several hired artists working as a team on one project discourage you from learning new art skills! Easier said than done, I know. I'd love to see your scanned art too whenever you feel up to it!

To be honest, I don't really know a whole lot about Gorillaz either. I'm going based off what I've seen or heard from friends. I'm sure there's a reason he's green somewhere, apparently the band has a lot of lore.

@Commander

I've only vaguely seen Gundam floating around on the internet, perhaps I'll check it out! Don't let comparing your skills to what probably is several hired artists working as a team on one project discourage you from learning new art skills! Easier said than done, I know. I'd love to see your scanned art too whenever you feel up to it!

To be honest, I don't really know a whole lot about Gorillaz either. I'm going based off what I've seen or heard from friends. I'm sure there's a reason he's green somewhere, apparently the band has a lot of lore.

This was the second FR piece I ever did - and it’s still a WIP until I figure out how to do the right coloring (lol) but I’m soooo proud of how it came out. [img] https://imgur.com/okV1j2e.png[/img] I also love this piece I finished last night (yes I know it looks like a WIP, but I chose not to color it because I really like the sketchy quality). For me it shows massive progress in terms of understanding poses/anatomy, it was almost exclusively from memory with no ref (excluding the spider), where the top one was very heavily referenced. [img] https://imgur.com/lY8jfMv.png[/img] I’m still fairly new to the whole art thing, so I really like seeing the progress!
This was the second FR piece I ever did - and it’s still a WIP until I figure out how to do the right coloring (lol) but I’m soooo proud of how it came out.
okV1j2e.png

I also love this piece I finished last night (yes I know it looks like a WIP, but I chose not to color it because I really like the sketchy quality). For me it shows massive progress in terms of understanding poses/anatomy, it was almost exclusively from memory with no ref (excluding the spider), where the top one was very heavily referenced.
lY8jfMv.png

I’m still fairly new to the whole art thing, so I really like seeing the progress!

83681529.png
I hope your art block clears up soon! Sometimes it helps me to just quick draw a new piece, just complete the whole thing as quickly as you feel comfortable. Don't stress the details, even if it ends up looking weird. I'm not sure how useful this method is for others tho. My proudest pieces always seem to be my most recent. Here's some more notable ones: [img]https://imgur.com/hixCfEy.png[/img] [img]https://imgur.com/GXmn4lJ.png[/img] [img]https://imgur.com/OdcOd8n.png[/img] This is of my own snapper, Pogono! [img]https://imgur.com/oAkvOqb.png[/img] And at least 2 OCs. I'm exceedingly proud of their designs: Magister Garagawain! I started him about 2 years ago, and finally finished him. His colors are going to need adjustment in the future. I'm proud of how his head looks partially skull like. [img]https://imgur.com/Ud05R6F.png[/img] Aaand my more recent brainchild, Sirrocco! I'm proud of his pattern because I've never been very good at making colors or patterns. Most of my art was uncolored until I switched to digital a couple years ago. [img]https://imgur.com/0PY0xkf.png[/img]
I hope your art block clears up soon! Sometimes it helps me to just quick draw a new piece, just complete the whole thing as quickly as you feel comfortable. Don't stress the details, even if it ends up looking weird. I'm not sure how useful this method is for others tho.
My proudest pieces always seem to be my most recent. Here's some more notable ones:
hixCfEy.png
GXmn4lJ.png
OdcOd8n.png
This is of my own snapper, Pogono!
oAkvOqb.png
And at least 2 OCs. I'm exceedingly proud of their designs:
Magister Garagawain! I started him about 2 years ago, and finally finished him. His colors are going to need adjustment in the future. I'm proud of how his head looks partially skull like.
Ud05R6F.png
Aaand my more recent brainchild, Sirrocco! I'm proud of his pattern because I've never been very good at making colors or patterns. Most of my art was uncolored until I switched to digital a couple years ago.
0PY0xkf.png
nudX0O8.png
@Commander
Imma be honest, you are practically single-handedly inspiring me to try doing mech art. It genuinely looks so fun, and I would love to be able to make new things with those styles and techniques! If you have any advice for reference material, or practice methods, I'd love to hear it!
@Commander
Imma be honest, you are practically single-handedly inspiring me to try doing mech art. It genuinely looks so fun, and I would love to be able to make new things with those styles and techniques! If you have any advice for reference material, or practice methods, I'd love to hear it!
nudX0O8.png
1 2 3