Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Font accessibility toggle
1 2 3 4
I can't be the only one that can't read people's super bright or strange fonts on this game. I'm colorblind, I'm dyslexic, but most of all I'm not English. An accessibility toggle for my account that forces, for me, for all fonts to be default would be very nice. Editing to add that the moderator did mention it's reportable to find unreadable text. However, unreadable varies between users and I myself can't even read moderator texts. I still would like this suggestion implemented. [b]counters[/b] [quote date="2023-02-10 06:19:20" ] however, a counter argument for this is bio formatting - specifically with the transparent text. many bio formats use [.color=transparent] for spacing, and being able to turn off fancy colors and texts could reveal this, which could make bios a lot harder to read. [/quote] If the quote can turn off coding without showing it, then I'm sure flight rising can manage. Code excluding formatting is a thing. Another site called chicken smoothie does this with no problems, all transparent text remains transparent.
I can't be the only one that can't read people's super bright or strange fonts on this game. I'm colorblind, I'm dyslexic, but most of all I'm not English.

An accessibility toggle for my account that forces, for me, for all fonts to be default would be very nice.

Editing to add that the moderator did mention it's reportable to find unreadable text. However, unreadable varies between users and I myself can't even read moderator texts.

I still would like this suggestion implemented.

counters
Quote:

however, a counter argument for this is bio formatting - specifically with the transparent text. many bio formats use [.color=transparent] for spacing, and being able to turn off fancy colors and texts could reveal this, which could make bios a lot harder to read.
If the quote can turn off coding without showing it, then I'm sure flight rising can manage.

Code excluding formatting is a thing.

Another site called chicken smoothie does this with no problems, all transparent text remains transparent.
Yes please. I can't read size 1 pastel pink on a white background or entire posts of size 6 "accessible" text. I just want it to be normal.
Yes please. I can't read size 1 pastel pink on a white background or entire posts of size 6 "accessible" text. I just want it to be normal.
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
he/him or ae/aer only please.
psa: messages in cancelled CRs aren't viewable!
[i][b]Obligatory disclaimer:[/b] This reply is not a comment on the suggestion itself as a suggestion.[/i] @NatashaRomanov, @Tserin, I want to let you know that what you've described is actually a violation of our [b][url=https://flightrising.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004957106-Forum-Etiquette]Forum Etiquette[/url][/b], which is a part of our [b][url=https://flightrising.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/sections/115001242143-Code-of-Conduct]Code of Conduct[/url][/b]: [quote][b][u]Be considerate of your fellow players when posting.[/u][/b] [b]Threads and posts should not use font formatting that may make the text difficult for others to read, such as using fonts that are excessively small, large, or light in color. [/b] Gifs should not have bright flashing colors or lights, nor should they involve the kind of bouncing or movement that could cause dizziness, nausea, seizures, etc.[/quote] Please report these posts to us. You can do so using the automated system found in the header bar on each reply post or through [b][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/support]Contact Us.[/url][/b] Thank you!
Obligatory disclaimer: This reply is not a comment on the suggestion itself as a suggestion.

@NatashaRomanov, @Tserin, I want to let you know that what you've described is actually a violation of our Forum Etiquette, which is a part of our Code of Conduct:
Quote:
Be considerate of your fellow players when posting.

Threads and posts should not use font formatting that may make the text difficult for others to read, such as using fonts that are excessively small, large, or light in color.

Gifs should not have bright flashing colors or lights, nor should they involve the kind of bouncing or movement that could cause dizziness, nausea, seizures, etc.

Please report these posts to us. You can do so using the automated system found in the header bar on each reply post or through Contact Us. Thank you!
@Aequorin
To be honest I wasn't sure if that was even enforced since it's so common for things like profiles to be unreadable. I guess it's just an issue of people not actually reporting it then. Would this fall best under the Spamming category when reporting a post?
@Aequorin
To be honest I wasn't sure if that was even enforced since it's so common for things like profiles to be unreadable. I guess it's just an issue of people not actually reporting it then. Would this fall best under the Spamming category when reporting a post?
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
[quote name="Tserin" date="2023-02-02 14:04:39" ] To be honest I wasn't sure if that was even enforced since it's so common for things like profiles to be unreadable. I guess it's just an issue of people not actually reporting it then. Would this fall best under the Spamming category when reporting a post? [/quote] @Tserin, when using the automated system, yes. For now, Spam would be the correct category.
Tserin wrote on 2023-02-02 14:04:39:

@Tserin, when using the automated system, yes. For now, Spam would be the correct category.
@Aequorin
Thank you! I'll be sure to use that in the future.
@Aequorin
Thank you! I'll be sure to use that in the future.
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
[quote name="Aequorin" date="2023-02-02 13:55:54" ] [i][b]Obligatory disclaimer:[/b] This reply is not a comment on the suggestion itself as a suggestion.[/i] @NatashaRomanov, @Tserin, I want to let you know that what you've described is actually a violation of our [b][url=https://flightrising.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004957106-Forum-Etiquette]Forum Etiquette[/url][/b], which is a part of our [b][url=https://flightrising.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/sections/115001242143-Code-of-Conduct]Code of Conduct[/url][/b]: [quote][b][u]Be considerate of your fellow players when posting.[/u][/b] [b]Threads and posts should not use font formatting that may make the text difficult for others to read, such as using fonts that are excessively small, large, or light in color. [/b] Gifs should not have bright flashing colors or lights, nor should they involve the kind of bouncing or movement that could cause dizziness, nausea, seizures, etc.[/quote] Please report these posts to us. You can do so using the automated system found in the header bar on each reply post or through [b][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/support]Contact Us.[/url][/b] Thank you! [/quote] I was not aware this was something reportable. Thank you, I will be sure to do so. Editing to say sadly I can't report profiles. Wish there was a button on them for easy reporting. Not sure if it's feasible anyway since that's their personal space.
Aequorin wrote on 2023-02-02 13:55:54:
Obligatory disclaimer: This reply is not a comment on the suggestion itself as a suggestion.

@NatashaRomanov, @Tserin, I want to let you know that what you've described is actually a violation of our Forum Etiquette, which is a part of our Code of Conduct:
Quote:
Be considerate of your fellow players when posting.

Threads and posts should not use font formatting that may make the text difficult for others to read, such as using fonts that are excessively small, large, or light in color.

Gifs should not have bright flashing colors or lights, nor should they involve the kind of bouncing or movement that could cause dizziness, nausea, seizures, etc.

Please report these posts to us. You can do so using the automated system found in the header bar on each reply post or through Contact Us. Thank you!
I was not aware this was something reportable. Thank you, I will be sure to do so.

Editing to say sadly I can't report profiles. Wish there was a button on them for easy reporting. Not sure if it's feasible anyway since that's their personal space.
Still, support. I want people to have things they enjoy, like fanciful fonts and colors, if they enjoy that. But I also want my reading experience to be pleasant.
Still, support. I want people to have things they enjoy, like fanciful fonts and colors, if they enjoy that. But I also want my reading experience to be pleasant.
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
[quote name="SCB" date="2023-02-02 15:31:19" ] Still, support. I want people to have things they enjoy, like fanciful fonts and colors, if they enjoy that. But I also want my reading experience to be pleasant. [/quote] I agree to this as well.
SCB wrote on 2023-02-02 15:31:19:
I agree to this as well.
Support. In addition to what's been said, some people add a gradiented text to their posts to make it more "accessible", but for me, it's migraine-inducing. I wouldn't feel right reporting it, but I also would like to avoid seeing it.
Support. In addition to what's been said, some people add a gradiented text to their posts to make it more "accessible", but for me, it's migraine-inducing. I wouldn't feel right reporting it, but I also would like to avoid seeing it.
UwPE0Qp.png
1 2 3 4