Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Gems or Treasure
1 2
When yall buy rare items- sprites, old holiday fest etc. Do you prefer to pay in gems or treasure? Especially with items that night be 1 million+ treasure or like 1500 gems. Why?

Also I got a nice old holiday item from joxars inventory so I wanna k ow the best way to list it..
When yall buy rare items- sprites, old holiday fest etc. Do you prefer to pay in gems or treasure? Especially with items that night be 1 million+ treasure or like 1500 gems. Why?

Also I got a nice old holiday item from joxars inventory so I wanna k ow the best way to list it..
Check out my alphabet challenge
DX3f5.gifu6fMF.gifPE5Uc.gif
Most sellers in my experience want gems because they're easier to make transactions with, so that's what I end up using. It's also better for AH listings, because there won't be a fee on gem listings like there is on treasure- which can be a lot for something expensive.
Most sellers in my experience want gems because they're easier to make transactions with, so that's what I end up using. It's also better for AH listings, because there won't be a fee on gem listings like there is on treasure- which can be a lot for something expensive.
Y5CZ3PW.png
My name is Val and I love these buttons
k3qGxO2.pngWKtl2lb.pngmlHpBMC.png
The-Dragon-s-Keep-DISCORD.png
Gems- it’s usually cheaper that way
Gems- it’s usually cheaper that way
JuaytuP.png
hHi8SF1.png
tqGkHih.png
mTAp2ld.png
unknown.png 2PeYDZ0.png 2sUJOiW.png

:D Whichever one works out the cheapest.
If the price is the same we normally go with gems. 1500 gems is easier to double check than 1500000 treasure.
:D Whichever one works out the cheapest.
If the price is the same we normally go with gems. 1500 gems is easier to double check than 1500000 treasure.
cg2G1xD.gif
tumblr_inline_ngqv6bbPaQ1rvrguk.pngtumblr_inline_n1581tzliY1rvrguk.png
When I was first starting out on FR, I bought like 5 gem genes with treasure off the AH, because I had no valuable dragons/items to sell, but I could play Glimmer and Gloom. (It was painful.) Now that I have 4kg of NotN money, I'm buying more things with gems.
When I was first starting out on FR, I bought like 5 gem genes with treasure off the AH, because I had no valuable dragons/items to sell, but I could play Glimmer and Gloom. (It was painful.) Now that I have 4kg of NotN money, I'm buying more things with gems.
A turquoise hatchery banner with orange text reading XYZs and More Hatchery. An f-pose Skydancer of the Birds of Paradise pair is placed to the left of the text.
River
they/them
nonbinary
i check which has a lower AH price :) sometimes, the price that items are listed for treasure for are lower than gems, or vice versa!
i check which has a lower AH price :) sometimes, the price that items are listed for treasure for are lower than gems, or vice versa!
///////// //
c a r r o t
he / him | FR + 3
art shop | skinshop
the arcade | aesthetic rising
ezgif-2-62fb54da77.gif
Everyone here has actually posted pretty solid reasons for using gems, however I stick with treasure because I'm kind of a doofus. A lot of non-player transactions require treasure, so I like having that on hand more than I do gems. I also like big numbers, and would like them even more if the treasure counts had commas, ahem ahem.

Edit: I realize this post was more about listing preferences rather than personal ones. If you're looking to sell a rather expensive item, I think gems would be more easy to manage and compare than treasure.
Everyone here has actually posted pretty solid reasons for using gems, however I stick with treasure because I'm kind of a doofus. A lot of non-player transactions require treasure, so I like having that on hand more than I do gems. I also like big numbers, and would like them even more if the treasure counts had commas, ahem ahem.

Edit: I realize this post was more about listing preferences rather than personal ones. If you're looking to sell a rather expensive item, I think gems would be more easy to manage and compare than treasure.
XR2L6R5.png
hzM3Sr2.pngWAWs3m5.png

2PD5mX1.png I've never hoarded items before but I've made it my goal to see just how much salt I can accumulate. Send me those sweet salt stacks, you wont regret it. (4968 piles of salt)
scGIGIO.png
I am mystified when people say it's "easy" to get gems by trading with other players (I can't ever find someone willing to sell gems for treasure when I want gems). I prefer to spend treasure because it's easier to get/accumulate with G&G and training/exalting.
I am mystified when people say it's "easy" to get gems by trading with other players (I can't ever find someone willing to sell gems for treasure when I want gems). I prefer to spend treasure because it's easier to get/accumulate with G&G and training/exalting.
Vista: Asexual Ribbon
hold
Vista: Progress Ribbon
Gems are nice to use when buying off of the Auction House! But I cannot tell you how PAINFUL it is to grind for treasure when you need it (lair expansions) ;----;
Gems are nice to use when buying off of the Auction House! But I cannot tell you how PAINFUL it is to grind for treasure when you need it (lair expansions) ;----;
C3D723B5-0705-4B98-8F0A-18DF8A9E5526.png
Depends on which is cheaper and which currency I have more of at the moment.

However, all things being equal, I prefer to buy stuff off the AH in treasure. That's because UMA preorders often request gems so it's more important to keep spare gems on hand.
Depends on which is cheaper and which currency I have more of at the moment.

However, all things being equal, I prefer to buy stuff off the AH in treasure. That's because UMA preorders often request gems so it's more important to keep spare gems on hand.
Bubbly Buddy Razanei Lineage Project
Virtual Hibden
Breed Out the Ugly Challenge
1 2