Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | FR is absurdly resource-intensive.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I opened task manager and went through pages quickly on FR (simulating bonding with familiars, I can't actually do that as I've already bonded with mine today so it may not be 100% accurate) and another website using Chrome. They both did roughly the same thing to my CPU usage. It shouldn't just be strictly an FR thing. Any time I was loading pages quickly it would spike.

Loading any page on any website spikes my CPU a little and going through pages quickly uses even more.

It has no effect on my computer's actual performance and everything runs perfectly fine.

Aside from that, reports of the site loading slower than usual is probably attributed to NotN and a higher-than-average online player count.
I opened task manager and went through pages quickly on FR (simulating bonding with familiars, I can't actually do that as I've already bonded with mine today so it may not be 100% accurate) and another website using Chrome. They both did roughly the same thing to my CPU usage. It shouldn't just be strictly an FR thing. Any time I was loading pages quickly it would spike.

Loading any page on any website spikes my CPU a little and going through pages quickly uses even more.

It has no effect on my computer's actual performance and everything runs perfectly fine.

Aside from that, reports of the site loading slower than usual is probably attributed to NotN and a higher-than-average online player count.

I'll make a nice signature eventually :(
I have noticed that FR tends to take slightly longer to load than other websites, and if I experience any internet issues it is the first site to go

Loading Baldwin and dragon pages on my old computer used to be horribly slow but luckily my new computer seems to be able to handle them better
I have noticed that FR tends to take slightly longer to load than other websites, and if I experience any internet issues it is the first site to go

Loading Baldwin and dragon pages on my old computer used to be horribly slow but luckily my new computer seems to be able to handle them better
"Hi my name is Crow with a B and I’ve been afraid of insects my whole lif-" "Stop stop stop- where?" "What?" "Where’s the B? "TherE'S A BEE???"
Pixel Adopts --- Wishlist/Gene tracker
I only ever get lag with baldwin on mobile, although, my wifi tends to be...uncooperative with my phone, which could be the reason behind it

edit: spelling
I only ever get lag with baldwin on mobile, although, my wifi tends to be...uncooperative with my phone, which could be the reason behind it

edit: spelling
All pings are welcome. I like messages and all social interaction!
tumblr_osqe959pr91v8lm95o1_75sq.gifWishlisttumblr_osqe959pr91v8lm95o1_75sq.gifAvatar Dragontumblr_osqe959pr91v8lm95o1_75sq.gif
I hoard Crunchy Moth Legs (Its weird, I know). Current Leg total: 1796
im pretty much always sitting around 50-75% CPU load with my one case fan and the stock cpu cooler screaming in constant agony on my crusty ol' desktop, though that's not a flightrising specific thing, that's a "oh this thing is so outdated, i have unmanaged adhd and a million things open 24/7 oh gee golly willickers i should really look into fixing that!! [narrator voice they did not]" problem.

that being said, i'd have to wonder why specifically flightrising vs a website like twitter or facebook. i dunno enough about websites to have a discussion like that, hope you can find out what the problem is!
im pretty much always sitting around 50-75% CPU load with my one case fan and the stock cpu cooler screaming in constant agony on my crusty ol' desktop, though that's not a flightrising specific thing, that's a "oh this thing is so outdated, i have unmanaged adhd and a million things open 24/7 oh gee golly willickers i should really look into fixing that!! [narrator voice they did not]" problem.

that being said, i'd have to wonder why specifically flightrising vs a website like twitter or facebook. i dunno enough about websites to have a discussion like that, hope you can find out what the problem is!
nzqnkq.png
My only issue has ever been familiar bonding; it was awful on my first chromebook and it would take 30+ minutes to go through my 215 dragons because of how slow it got, which got worse after Fiona's release.

That being said, it was obviously a problem with my first chromebook since this one doesn't have an issue even a year after I got it.
My only issue has ever been familiar bonding; it was awful on my first chromebook and it would take 30+ minutes to go through my 215 dragons because of how slow it got, which got worse after Fiona's release.

That being said, it was obviously a problem with my first chromebook since this one doesn't have an issue even a year after I got it.
55871_s.gif
PDuDspB.png
JvUa9ma.png
FObX7rS.png
mjtJ868.png
tyEuRXe.png
I've only really noticed any performance issues on mobile, where doing anything that pulls up the contents of my hoard (Baldwin, crossroads, etc.) take twice as long at minimum because of how long it takes to load all the icons.

My PC is pretty good, though I do have pretty bad internet. Still, never noticed any real slowness or anything outside of the rare times when there are like twice as many users online (like whenever a new breed releases).
I've only really noticed any performance issues on mobile, where doing anything that pulls up the contents of my hoard (Baldwin, crossroads, etc.) take twice as long at minimum because of how long it takes to load all the icons.

My PC is pretty good, though I do have pretty bad internet. Still, never noticed any real slowness or anything outside of the rare times when there are like twice as many users online (like whenever a new breed releases).
3sBLd.gif?5g6Xz=party.png
I'm solely a mobile user with a Gaming Phone for context. I doubt it's the sole issue but I want to say communication out-of-site kinda stalls loading. Comparing now to before I found out how to whitelist FR on my adblocker, it used to load significantly faster. I noticed the ads seem to load in last because it takes them like five seconds to pop in after the page loads. I wonder if there's a way to smooth that out?

I wouldn't un-whitelist it because I can deal with it, but it's a tiny bit annoying.
Also the experience is site-wide, it's only really noticeably annoying when doing stuff that has a lot of page loading, that is, tomo and familiar bonding.
I'm solely a mobile user with a Gaming Phone for context. I doubt it's the sole issue but I want to say communication out-of-site kinda stalls loading. Comparing now to before I found out how to whitelist FR on my adblocker, it used to load significantly faster. I noticed the ads seem to load in last because it takes them like five seconds to pop in after the page loads. I wonder if there's a way to smooth that out?

I wouldn't un-whitelist it because I can deal with it, but it's a tiny bit annoying.
Also the experience is site-wide, it's only really noticeably annoying when doing stuff that has a lot of page loading, that is, tomo and familiar bonding.
I have not experienced this issue.

...although μBlock Origin may have something to do with that

i dont know how to disable it for fr
I have not experienced this issue.

...although μBlock Origin may have something to do with that

i dont know how to disable it for fr
fireflower.png StarlightDragon7
> Wishlist
> Progen Lineage
> Clan Lore (wip)
> Art dumpster
> Flourish and bloom. And stay determined.
muK7GRQ.png
Honestly I haven't really noticed any difference in my connection when I play FR. I've never really had anything fancy run the game so it's not like I'm running it on a super nice PC setup or anything. It's just a web browser pet game so it really shouldn't take much from your devices.
Honestly I haven't really noticed any difference in my connection when I play FR. I've never really had anything fancy run the game so it's not like I'm running it on a super nice PC setup or anything. It's just a web browser pet game so it really shouldn't take much from your devices.
Square-3.png Wolf_26299_3_15.png
FAQ & About Me
Dragons for Sale

FR +0 | She/Her | AuDHD
72918353.png square2.png
My wifi gets disconnected on mobile when I try to load FlightRising for some reason, sometimes the page loads half and keeps on loading with no results.

Same thing happened when I tried loading FR on pc, HOWEVER I opened the Network tab and it was an Ad URL which my browser tried to load and it was heavy enough to prevent most of the page loading.
And yes FR is indeed unoptimized in some performance related features

1. Like coliseum still using GPU/CPU power when I've disabled all of the coli animations? Why?

2. Same issue with fairgrounds, I really wish I could set the canvas to render in 30 FPS speed because it takes a lot of resource to render each frame on my non gaming pc.

3. Ads clogs the network traffic as well which makes the pages slow and even irresponsible.
My wifi gets disconnected on mobile when I try to load FlightRising for some reason, sometimes the page loads half and keeps on loading with no results.

Same thing happened when I tried loading FR on pc, HOWEVER I opened the Network tab and it was an Ad URL which my browser tried to load and it was heavy enough to prevent most of the page loading.
And yes FR is indeed unoptimized in some performance related features

1. Like coliseum still using GPU/CPU power when I've disabled all of the coli animations? Why?

2. Same issue with fairgrounds, I really wish I could set the canvas to render in 30 FPS speed because it takes a lot of resource to render each frame on my non gaming pc.

3. Ads clogs the network traffic as well which makes the pages slow and even irresponsible.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7