Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | FR is absurdly resource-intensive.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Oh that's strange, I haven't had a lot of lag issues even with my old, slightly beat-up chromebook. It's a little slow to load, but so is every website in existence with this computer, so I haven't really noticed anything unusual. If it gets particularly bad, I usually end up clearing my cookies and that helps a lot, maybe that would help if you haven't already tried that?

Edit: I also use Google Chrome, so maybe the browser is the issue?
Oh that's strange, I haven't had a lot of lag issues even with my old, slightly beat-up chromebook. It's a little slow to load, but so is every website in existence with this computer, so I haven't really noticed anything unusual. If it gets particularly bad, I usually end up clearing my cookies and that helps a lot, maybe that would help if you haven't already tried that?

Edit: I also use Google Chrome, so maybe the browser is the issue?
Both my 11 year old office pc and my gaming laptop have issues with the coli, same amount of lag, where on the other hand familar bonding and general loading issues are no problem on the newer computer. I use Firefox on both.
Both my 11 year old office pc and my gaming laptop have issues with the coli, same amount of lag, where on the other hand familar bonding and general loading issues are no problem on the newer computer. I use Firefox on both.
3BQENe8.png
J7D1quC.png
qJFAY9h.png
47OyeGK.png
8B7LZd5.png
.........................................................................................................................................................................................
johPgo5.png
I've been on FR on a macbook from 2015 ever since I started playing and I've never had an issue with pages loading that wasn't related to my wifi or the site being down. Your problems sound very strange, good luck solving them!
I've been on FR on a macbook from 2015 ever since I started playing and I've never had an issue with pages loading that wasn't related to my wifi or the site being down. Your problems sound very strange, good luck solving them!
jt3PpxV.png
Currently looking for:
avocado/aqua/sable male, preferably with nature eyes
Abyss and Copper XXX Veils
I've honestly been noticing that too lately, FR pages take a while to load compared to other websites I frequent... I don't have a super powerful PC but I do play some games and idk what the problem is. I don't even use chrome since that's a notorious memory hog. I agree that the worst thing is familiar bonding, sometimes it takes so long to load that I don't even bother.
I've honestly been noticing that too lately, FR pages take a while to load compared to other websites I frequent... I don't have a super powerful PC but I do play some games and idk what the problem is. I don't even use chrome since that's a notorious memory hog. I agree that the worst thing is familiar bonding, sometimes it takes so long to load that I don't even bother.
jCVhFoZ.gif
while i don't know for sure the gpu usage e.t.c. on my device, i do know that bonding familiars is one of the only things i do with my computer that causes its fans to run like its a ceiling fan at high noon in the middle of august. the only other time that happens is if i'm running a high-quality youtube video as i simultaneously edit a photoshop document that has 12+ layers.
while i don't know for sure the gpu usage e.t.c. on my device, i do know that bonding familiars is one of the only things i do with my computer that causes its fans to run like its a ceiling fan at high noon in the middle of august. the only other time that happens is if i'm running a high-quality youtube video as i simultaneously edit a photoshop document that has 12+ layers.
OFDnJ2q.jpeg
The load difficulty with familiar bonding is probably because for those with, say, 1000+ fams, that's 1000+ item icons and their tooltips* to load up on a single page.

*and maybe also their full portraits; I'm not sure
The load difficulty with familiar bonding is probably because for those with, say, 1000+ fams, that's 1000+ item icons and their tooltips* to load up on a single page.

*and maybe also their full portraits; I'm not sure
663816_carol.png368748_carol_lantern.gif663816_iliad.png
I think it's mostly the ads and tracking done by your browser. When just browsing the forums or the like i'll use my normal browser. But i use an adblock browser for coli and bonding because even my high end pc can't run it well.

But even on my adblocker browser and on my 1-2 year old models iPad and gaming pc i can't run flight rising smoothly. My best guess is there is a lot of unefficient coding or the server is still too small for the amount of players. Not throwing shade to the devs tho because i took a whole course on programming and barely managed to pass and then forget everything soon after lol
I think it's mostly the ads and tracking done by your browser. When just browsing the forums or the like i'll use my normal browser. But i use an adblock browser for coli and bonding because even my high end pc can't run it well.

But even on my adblocker browser and on my 1-2 year old models iPad and gaming pc i can't run flight rising smoothly. My best guess is there is a lot of unefficient coding or the server is still too small for the amount of players. Not throwing shade to the devs tho because i took a whole course on programming and barely managed to pass and then forget everything soon after lol
..……………………...……..….YSCAP90.png
Suffer more :) Tn4TEAZ.png
@TwisterScribbles

I'm assuming no one else knows how to check their CPU/Memory usage since nobody has actually commented their stats but I just checked mine and bonding with familiars spiked my CPU by 13%... and seeing that our pc builds are about the same I'd say we're in the same boat. It's 'taxing' but in this case its not terrible as long as you don't see major spikes or a difference in fps/lag

If you're worried about it though, check how many processes Chrome is running in the task manager and if its anything over 10 I would end the task. It'll get rid of everything you had open (unfortunately) but it should also remove some other things its trying to run.

Chrome will run a new process for every little thing you have open so that can really build up especially when you're coli grinding, bonding with familiars, watching a video, etc. all at the same time.. I would instead make Chrome run 1 process per site and see how it does:

If you don't want Chrome to open a new process for every single tab, its possible to set the browser to create only a single process for multiple tabs all browsing the same site. To change the setting, right-click the Google Chrome shortcut icon on your desktop and select "Properties." Click the "Target" text box and scroll to the end of the line. Insert the phrase "--process-per-site" after the end of the text currently in the box and click "Apply."

EDIT: again it shouldnt be to much of a worry since when bonding with fams youre loading pages and images super quickly.. and of course anything that uses internet takes a higher toll on your device
@TwisterScribbles

I'm assuming no one else knows how to check their CPU/Memory usage since nobody has actually commented their stats but I just checked mine and bonding with familiars spiked my CPU by 13%... and seeing that our pc builds are about the same I'd say we're in the same boat. It's 'taxing' but in this case its not terrible as long as you don't see major spikes or a difference in fps/lag

If you're worried about it though, check how many processes Chrome is running in the task manager and if its anything over 10 I would end the task. It'll get rid of everything you had open (unfortunately) but it should also remove some other things its trying to run.

Chrome will run a new process for every little thing you have open so that can really build up especially when you're coli grinding, bonding with familiars, watching a video, etc. all at the same time.. I would instead make Chrome run 1 process per site and see how it does:

If you don't want Chrome to open a new process for every single tab, its possible to set the browser to create only a single process for multiple tabs all browsing the same site. To change the setting, right-click the Google Chrome shortcut icon on your desktop and select "Properties." Click the "Target" text box and scroll to the end of the line. Insert the phrase "--process-per-site" after the end of the text currently in the box and click "Apply."

EDIT: again it shouldnt be to much of a worry since when bonding with fams youre loading pages and images super quickly.. and of course anything that uses internet takes a higher toll on your device
bopkvX7.png6uOrxEk.pnglPoxjfq.pngI90HedT.png4BDFKZ4.png
[quote name="@SeaCat" date="2022-12-29 18:59:22" ] shockingly i never had these issues on my old 2009 macbook (one of the crusty white ones) but ive been having issues on my newer computer primarily when familiar bonding but im mainly chalking it up to notn and lots of people being on.. could be wrong tho [/quote] I'm taking a complete shot in the dark here but i wonder if it's like running old games on new computers. Where the thread count is wrong and makes the old game run horribly if not adapted by an emulator or whatevs. Maybe it runs better on older models of browsers? Since i imagine pcs work like phones where at some point it stops getting updates for things.
@SeaCat wrote on 2022-12-29 18:59:22:
shockingly i never had these issues on my old 2009 macbook (one of the crusty white ones) but ive been having issues on my newer computer primarily when familiar bonding but im mainly chalking it up to notn and lots of people being on.. could be wrong tho

I'm taking a complete shot in the dark here but i wonder if it's like running old games on new computers. Where the thread count is wrong and makes the old game run horribly if not adapted by an emulator or whatevs.

Maybe it runs better on older models of browsers? Since i imagine pcs work like phones where at some point it stops getting updates for things.
..……………………...……..….YSCAP90.png
Suffer more :) Tn4TEAZ.png
Wow, there's a really wide range of experiences here! Just adding to my info, I use Firefox and an adblocker and am having issues.
Wow, there's a really wide range of experiences here! Just adding to my info, I use Firefox and an adblocker and am having issues.
XwAOBEQ.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7