Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | FR is absurdly resource-intensive.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Can we talk about how resource-intensive Flight Rising is? I can't even get stuff to load on a laptop or mobile half the time, and I'm even noticing problems on my desktop PC too.

For context, I'm running a NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 graphics card, 850w power supply, fiber internet, all that. My primary game is a PvP MMO on maximum graphics settings, which runs my GPU at about 40% at peak activity levels with other things open on a second screen.

Bonding familiars in Flight Rising, by itself, is using about 11% of my GPU and spikes the heck out of my CPU and ethernet usage, too. Not quite to the level of an MMO of course, but still kind of absurd for a browser game. For comparison's sake, Neopets runs like crap but I see no difference in my PC's performance tab when I'm messing around on there. Same with pretty much anything else I regularly run out of a browser: only Flight Rising is this thirsty for my PC's resources.

I'm no computer expert but I'm wondering what y'all's thoughts on this are. Have you experienced similar issues?
Can we talk about how resource-intensive Flight Rising is? I can't even get stuff to load on a laptop or mobile half the time, and I'm even noticing problems on my desktop PC too.

For context, I'm running a NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 graphics card, 850w power supply, fiber internet, all that. My primary game is a PvP MMO on maximum graphics settings, which runs my GPU at about 40% at peak activity levels with other things open on a second screen.

Bonding familiars in Flight Rising, by itself, is using about 11% of my GPU and spikes the heck out of my CPU and ethernet usage, too. Not quite to the level of an MMO of course, but still kind of absurd for a browser game. For comparison's sake, Neopets runs like crap but I see no difference in my PC's performance tab when I'm messing around on there. Same with pretty much anything else I regularly run out of a browser: only Flight Rising is this thirsty for my PC's resources.

I'm no computer expert but I'm wondering what y'all's thoughts on this are. Have you experienced similar issues?
XwAOBEQ.png
I haven't noticed my computer being that taxed by it, just my wifi being its usual half working self and not wanting to load pages sometimes. But I'm not exactly paying that much attention to the gpu usage so,.
I haven't noticed my computer being that taxed by it, just my wifi being its usual half working self and not wanting to load pages sometimes. But I'm not exactly paying that much attention to the gpu usage so,.
a cartoonized velvet worm that is a dark blue with white specks all over. the art's signature is 476242
I will say I notice my internet speed the most when I am bonding with my familiars because of the lag in loading, but beyond that half the time I'm watching a youtube video, messaging on discord or messenger and playing the sims and on FR and I don't seem to be having the same issues as you are.
I will say I notice my internet speed the most when I am bonding with my familiars because of the lag in loading, but beyond that half the time I'm watching a youtube video, messaging on discord or messenger and playing the sims and on FR and I don't seem to be having the same issues as you are.
She/Her | FR + 19 | Inactive: FR 5am-1pm
PJgrBLH.png
That's really weird, my laptop is old as dirt and barely runs most games and I never have any issues at all with load times or any of that, even at its most busy times of the year I'll maybe have to wait an extra couple of seconds but otherwise the page loads with no problems.

I'm not a techie either though so I can't comment on how or why for any of it, but in my experience even with a really low end laptop the site doesn't eat up hardly any of my computer's resources, so I'm not sure what's going on there.
That's really weird, my laptop is old as dirt and barely runs most games and I never have any issues at all with load times or any of that, even at its most busy times of the year I'll maybe have to wait an extra couple of seconds but otherwise the page loads with no problems.

I'm not a techie either though so I can't comment on how or why for any of it, but in my experience even with a really low end laptop the site doesn't eat up hardly any of my computer's resources, so I'm not sure what's going on there.
9hqcHsy.png
tn0RSo5.png
Tl1dGxE.png
tyEuRXe.png
fkWjutW.png
75550883.png
Viktor | They/Them | CST-6
tqGkHih.pngbYt72YT.png
I block ads and run noscript and it's not very intensive if you do this. (I do buy gems though so I feel OK doing it.) I think that the ads are in large part the problem. The HiveWorks ones weren't too bad to my memory but the other ones were.
I block ads and run noscript and it's not very intensive if you do this. (I do buy gems though so I feel OK doing it.) I think that the ads are in large part the problem. The HiveWorks ones weren't too bad to my memory but the other ones were.
b6b79395300f38d126815a735af03192.pngtumblr_nkoy2v68mq1sjcj33o1_250.gif
My computer is a potato. I haven’t had that problem yet. o.o

Are you running a lot of browser tabs?
My computer is a potato. I haven’t had that problem yet. o.o

Are you running a lot of browser tabs?
FObX7rS.png
89Dad3a.png
ld1Fjwz.png
Baldwin always lags like crazy for me. For no good reason. Not even just when I'm loading my hoard or anything, just going onto the page takes almost a whole minute of loading before I can interact with anything. It's one of the major reasons I haven't maxed out my cauldron by now tbh
Baldwin always lags like crazy for me. For no good reason. Not even just when I'm loading my hoard or anything, just going onto the page takes almost a whole minute of loading before I can interact with anything. It's one of the major reasons I haven't maxed out my cauldron by now tbh
AutisticMaveriqueNonbinary, They/Them
SystemOtherkinFurry
This is an exalting lair
I haven't had any issues. My old and somewhat jank phone can't even boot up pokemon go unless I force close all other applications, but it runs coli and artifracture just fine.
I haven't had any issues. My old and somewhat jank phone can't even boot up pokemon go unless I force close all other applications, but it runs coli and artifracture just fine.
Bubbly Buddy Razanei Lineage Project
Virtual Hibden
Breed Out the Ugly Challenge
I haven't had this kind of problem on any of my devices- and I've played on some real potatoes over the past few months while moving, not to mention the hellscape that is FR on mobile. x_x I had my resident IT expert (the boyfriend) take a look at this post and he thinks it might be an optimization issue.
I haven't had this kind of problem on any of my devices- and I've played on some real potatoes over the past few months while moving, not to mention the hellscape that is FR on mobile. x_x I had my resident IT expert (the boyfriend) take a look at this post and he thinks it might be an optimization issue.
M i s s A r i #29593
windie at heart | familiar collector | master of trades
A pixel adoptable of an Aqua/Rose Skydancer from Wind flight. She is wearing pearly jewellery and pink arm silks.
I haven't ran into any issues on PC (RTX 2060, Ryzen 5 3500X, using ethernet) as far as I've played, except for times when my internet is being slow/the weather being bad. Though on mobile it does load much slower sometimes, but it might be because I barely have any free storage on the phone anymore, perhaps that might have something to do with your slow load times ?
I haven't ran into any issues on PC (RTX 2060, Ryzen 5 3500X, using ethernet) as far as I've played, except for times when my internet is being slow/the weather being bad. Though on mobile it does load much slower sometimes, but it might be because I barely have any free storage on the phone anymore, perhaps that might have something to do with your slow load times ?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7