Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Gem Bonus & Cycled Item Return
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 20 21
Yay!!!
Yay!!!
wqnTQE2.png Adult Player | They/them | 3+ FR Time | Student
Only dragons from tabs marked with
"forum game friendly", should be picked for forum games!
Seeking...
Skin: wandering independence
Please PM!
Why though?
Why though?
xkhfOvZ.png ...
Evis / Ils
They/Them
FR +2
Aroace
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/76717182][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/767172/76717182_350.png[/img][/url][/center] Celebrate wildclaws! Sad about the extra items leaving but it makes sense, we’ve had so many updates this year. Guess I have an excuse to buy those items now :D
76717182_350.png

Celebrate wildclaws! Sad about the extra items leaving but it makes sense, we’ve had so many updates this year. Guess I have an excuse to buy those items now :D
hMGipS8.pngNhPCJ4f.pngDO6ODtp.pngBErNWm.png
Good to know, thanks!
Good to know, thanks!
FR +2
she/they sidhe/fae
[quote name="Undel" date="2022-11-28 01:49:20" ] Our apparel tabs are 20 pages deep in the gem marketplace, and we decided to add some of the apparel from the first year of FR to the cycle this year so that we can keep things fresh. We targeted the apparel tab specifically because of how many items are in it. And yes, cycling items does generate interest and buzz when they return! [/quote] I don't want to lash out because I do love FR but this seems... REALLY arbitrary. What does it even mean "to keep things fresh"?? I would never expect a positive response to suddenly cycling out (POPULAR) apparel items that have been consistently and reliably available for [b]years[/b]. Does this mean that whenever new Gem MP apparel is added to the site, other older apparel is at risk of being added to this cycle (with [s]no[/s] a week's warning)? What is the real benefit of manufacturing scarcity for items that were previously available 24/7/365?? I'm tempted to go so far as to say that doing this on purpose to "generate interest and buzz" is just straight-up taking advantage of the users, especially during a time of year when people generally have less money to spend on themselves, and less time to spend online. What's the point in making plans to buy gems and spend them on Gem MP stuff during the Cyber Monday sale when we evidently won't know exactly what we're going to be under pressure to buy before it's gone until next year?
Undel wrote on 2022-11-28 01:49:20:
Our apparel tabs are 20 pages deep in the gem marketplace, and we decided to add some of the apparel from the first year of FR to the cycle this year so that we can keep things fresh. We targeted the apparel tab specifically because of how many items are in it. And yes, cycling items does generate interest and buzz when they return!

I don't want to lash out because I do love FR but this seems... REALLY arbitrary. What does it even mean "to keep things fresh"?? I would never expect a positive response to suddenly cycling out (POPULAR) apparel items that have been consistently and reliably available for years.

Does this mean that whenever new Gem MP apparel is added to the site, other older apparel is at risk of being added to this cycle (with no a week's warning)? What is the real benefit of manufacturing scarcity for items that were previously available 24/7/365??

I'm tempted to go so far as to say that doing this on purpose to "generate interest and buzz" is just straight-up taking advantage of the users, especially during a time of year when people generally have less money to spend on themselves, and less time to spend online. What's the point in making plans to buy gems and spend them on Gem MP stuff during the Cyber Monday sale when we evidently won't know exactly what we're going to be under pressure to buy before it's gone until next year?
tumblr_pvk94uYqSJ1tq8ghao5_500.png
Pool/Neen • She/Her • Avatar
Personally, I wouldn't be opposed - rather, I would be actually happy if we got new color variants of Daredevil covers or birds exclusively in recycle pool. This is simply taking away :(
Personally, I wouldn't be opposed - rather, I would be actually happy if we got new color variants of Daredevil covers or birds exclusively in recycle pool. This is simply taking away :(
Ok. I don't really have a horse in this (yet), but if you're going to keep "cycling" please actually cycle thing. Right now you're only taking items out, and then danging them back in for a week, conveniently in line to take advantage of the largest US consumer/capitalism moment of the year. And we have no guarantees that these items are going to be back for next year's dangle event.

If you're going to cycle, that means having a predictable pattern, like winter rolling into spring. So please stop this random 1/52 week thing you're doing, and just give us actual predictability. So it feels less like EA .
Ok. I don't really have a horse in this (yet), but if you're going to keep "cycling" please actually cycle thing. Right now you're only taking items out, and then danging them back in for a week, conveniently in line to take advantage of the largest US consumer/capitalism moment of the year. And we have no guarantees that these items are going to be back for next year's dangle event.

If you're going to cycle, that means having a predictable pattern, like winter rolling into spring. So please stop this random 1/52 week thing you're doing, and just give us actual predictability. So it feels less like EA .
Long Patrol and Hibden
for forum games, please.
QF3R6o0.png mFu1NtF.png
[/center]
Yeah this rotating items is pretty weird to me. It's already annoying with wildclaws and just making more items annoying to get is a big L in my book. I stopped buying gems cold turkey after eyepocolypse 2.0 and I'm not regretting my decision....
Yeah this rotating items is pretty weird to me. It's already annoying with wildclaws and just making more items annoying to get is a big L in my book. I stopped buying gems cold turkey after eyepocolypse 2.0 and I'm not regretting my decision....
mothsmall.png7jZclF3.gifdaintysmallup-2.png
not the daredevil covers D:

if I'm ever going to buy gems it'll be now though, so maybe I'll stock up on those. and a few birds. and the masques, which I've somehow never heard of or seen before even though they are GORGEOUS???
not the daredevil covers D:

if I'm ever going to buy gems it'll be now though, so maybe I'll stock up on those. and a few birds. and the masques, which I've somehow never heard of or seen before even though they are GORGEOUS???
~~~~ hello ^^ ~~~~
ara - 21 - she/any
pings and messages
always welcome :)
-
hh5n4WA.pngmlHpBMC.png
tqGkHih.png0XHtpWy.png
P4eo1Gw.png

---
Accent: petals of violet
500g/kt each
[center]hECK YES I GOT TO FINISH MY AHSOKA PROJECT [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/75578013][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/755781/75578013_350.png[/img][/url][/center]
hECK YES I GOT TO FINISH MY AHSOKA PROJECT
75578013_350.png
7XI1FUO.png
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 20 21