Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Gem Bonus & Cycled Item Return
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 20 21
Mfw I just bought gems literally 3 days ago bc I forgot about cyber Monday :')
Mfw I just bought gems literally 3 days ago bc I forgot about cyber Monday :')
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 0Eukkgx.png indy | she/her | fr+1 :)
wishlist / pinkerlocke / challenges
Oh boy I can hear my wallet crying now-
Oh boy I can hear my wallet crying now-
BoppingBuilder.gif d7yqvjz-1e5a466c-8d17-4c31-88b5-2f7854d8b0e6.gifKieran, FR +2
d7yqvjz-1e5a466c-8d17-4c31-88b5-2f7854d8b0e6.gif They/Them
d7yqvjz-1e5a466c-8d17-4c31-88b5-2f7854d8b0e6.gif G1 and shiny pokemon hoarder
[center]Happy cyber monday everyone! Finally got the scroll I needed for my main dragon, three months of saving finally paid off :'D [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/75850935][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/758510/75850935_350.png[/img][/url][/center]
Happy cyber monday everyone!
Finally got the scroll I needed for my main dragon, three months of saving finally paid off :'D
75850935_350.png
injuring myself working black friday was worth it for Flight Rising Cyber Monday Sale i can’t wait to spend so much money
injuring myself working black friday was worth it for Flight Rising Cyber Monday Sale i can’t wait to spend so much money
a screenshot of a youtube comment dated ten years ago from Povilas Šorys. the comment says, 'why he has to squeak and mewl while singing? I hate radiohead'
I'll admit I did end up buying gems for a Wildclaw scroll last year, but yeah, I have to say I don't feel great about the idea of this being a regular thing. A more obvious heads-up about sales and items being cycled in/out would go a long way. I've said more in the suggestions thread.
I'll admit I did end up buying gems for a Wildclaw scroll last year, but yeah, I have to say I don't feel great about the idea of this being a regular thing. A more obvious heads-up about sales and items being cycled in/out would go a long way. I've said more in the suggestions thread.
I don't see how having a wide variety of items for players to choose from is something that needs to be fixed. If the MP is too difficult to manage, then the problem is how items are displayed, not how many items there are.

My options now are either to just manage with the apparel items I already have, or to buy gems in order to stock up. Buying gems would essentially be like paying FR for making items I like unavailable, so there's no way I'm doing that lol.

It's sad because generally FR is really good at making buying gems something optional, which you can do if you want to, not because you feel that you have to. When I've bought gems in the past, it's been motivated partially by the fact that I actually want to support the game. This cycling of items is the one place FR fails in that regard.
I don't see how having a wide variety of items for players to choose from is something that needs to be fixed. If the MP is too difficult to manage, then the problem is how items are displayed, not how many items there are.

My options now are either to just manage with the apparel items I already have, or to buy gems in order to stock up. Buying gems would essentially be like paying FR for making items I like unavailable, so there's no way I'm doing that lol.

It's sad because generally FR is really good at making buying gems something optional, which you can do if you want to, not because you feel that you have to. When I've bought gems in the past, it's been motivated partially by the fact that I actually want to support the game. This cycling of items is the one place FR fails in that regard.
9+ FR Time........................................................................................

IIfWx76.png
[quote name="DigitalMirage" date="2022-11-28 06:25:50" ] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/461978342497976320/1046793981192851508/image.png[/img] [/quote] you manage to sum this up very gracefully, thank you xD While I'm on it, I would like to add how it's very possible for the devs to set that schedule up, while still cycling out the items, making the "two steps forward, one step back" dance. While it would be a compromise, it would be one to manage a problem that never needed to exist in the first place. "Create a problem, sell the solution" type of way. A reason given to us was "to avoid clutter in the market", because there's "too much" apparel. But we now have the search bar, if players seek something specific, not to mention the gene tab is just as "cluttered", but it's not a problem somehow? Yes, new apparel is often added in (thank you btw, marvelous work here, consistent apparel updates are amazing!), but at the cost of our old apparel (which are still [i]very much[/i] in use and loved) being taken away? Why punish the players like that? To give the sense of [i]pride and accomplishment[/i] when some of us finally be able to purchase the wanted item after a year of worrying?.. [quote name="iniquity" date="2022-11-28 06:11:31" ] and now this is the second year in a row it’s been decided this should happen for ~cyber monday~ when, honestly, that is… basically the worst possible time for this to happen? people are saving their in-game funds for notn, the most anticipated event of every year, and many others are strapped for cash irl due to holidays/general end of the year chaos. i guarantee you a majority of the gem purchases happening rn are due to pure panic or unhealthy impulse spending borne out of the fear of missing things. ESPECIALLY when very popular items are very suddenly getting ripped away from us with no warning apart from !!!!BUY NOW LIMITED TIME ONLY!!!! [/quote] Also, this, I couldn't put this into words better. This feels like a very deliberate choice to give playerbase a few days to spend the gems, and then announcing the cycling out. There is no reason good enough to take away items like that, at all. I mean no disrespect for the devs here, and I really hope they will listen to the community and the feedback :(
DigitalMirage wrote on 2022-11-28 06:25:50:
image.png
you manage to sum this up very gracefully, thank you xD

While I'm on it, I would like to add how it's very possible for the devs to set that schedule up, while still cycling out the items, making the "two steps forward, one step back" dance. While it would be a compromise, it would be one to manage a problem that never needed to exist in the first place. "Create a problem, sell the solution" type of way.
A reason given to us was "to avoid clutter in the market", because there's "too much" apparel. But we now have the search bar, if players seek something specific, not to mention the gene tab is just as "cluttered", but it's not a problem somehow? Yes, new apparel is often added in (thank you btw, marvelous work here, consistent apparel updates are amazing!), but at the cost of our old apparel (which are still very much in use and loved) being taken away? Why punish the players like that? To give the sense of pride and accomplishment when some of us finally be able to purchase the wanted item after a year of worrying?..

iniquity wrote on 2022-11-28 06:11:31:
and now this is the second year in a row it’s been decided this should happen for ~cyber monday~ when, honestly, that is… basically the worst possible time for this to happen?

people are saving their in-game funds for notn, the most anticipated event of every year, and many others are strapped for cash irl due to holidays/general end of the year chaos. i guarantee you a majority of the gem purchases happening rn are due to pure panic or unhealthy impulse spending borne out of the fear of missing things. ESPECIALLY when very popular items are very suddenly getting ripped away from us with no warning apart from !!!!BUY NOW LIMITED TIME ONLY!!!!
Also, this, I couldn't put this into words better. This feels like a very deliberate choice to give playerbase a few days to spend the gems, and then announcing the cycling out.

There is no reason good enough to take away items like that, at all. I mean no disrespect for the devs here, and I really hope they will listen to the community and the feedback :(
HXmwDxc.png
First of all I'm glad the WC scrolls are back, I could finally finish one project and almost complete another: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/60517970][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/605180/60517970.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/80605799][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/806058/80605799.png[/img][/url] But like others I'm also not very thrilled that the Wildclaw scrolls are available only for a limited time. It's supposed to be a rare breed, but to me it fits more into a whole new category ("limited rare" or something) since there's only roughly a week where we're able to actually buy the scrolls from the gem market, while Coatl scrolls – also a rare breed – are just...always there. I love Wildclaws and it's just sad that Nature's only breed is unavailable most of the time.
First of all I'm glad the WC scrolls are back, I could finally finish one project and almost complete another:

60517970.png80605799.png

But like others I'm also not very thrilled that the Wildclaw scrolls are available only for a limited time. It's supposed to be a rare breed, but to me it fits more into a whole new category ("limited rare" or something) since there's only roughly a week where we're able to actually buy the scrolls from the gem market, while Coatl scrolls – also a rare breed – are just...always there. I love Wildclaws and it's just sad that Nature's only breed is unavailable most of the time.
xxxx
Aac33wX.png
xxxx xxxx
chhh86fgo.png
xxxx
oh ha ha

no

NOT DAREDEVIL COVERS
oh ha ha

no

NOT DAREDEVIL COVERS
WIhgWqV.pngyeetWr77RAu.png

yeet
you
see
mE
wHy

yeet hYZxkBA.gif
THE BIRDIES AND COVERS ARE LEAVING????

why are they cycling the birds but not any of the other animals?
THE BIRDIES AND COVERS ARE LEAVING????

why are they cycling the birds but not any of the other animals?
divider_by_yesirukey-dbok0z5.pngdivider_by_yesirukey-dbok0z5.png
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 20 21