Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Gem Bonus & Cycled Item Return
1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
[quote name="thestarchild" date="2022-11-29 17:51:47" ] this is really upsetting. i don't like that the items are being cycled to begin with, and for us to get such short notice for these items to lose their availability feels even worse. a lot of us are spending on presents and winter apparel and things like that this time of year, and we wouldn't have known to set some money aside for this abrupt change, and plenty of us spent a lot of gems on things for the new breed. honestly, i feel disinclined to buy the cycling items directly from the store, no matter how much i like their appearance, because it would feel like encouraging a site trend that bothers me. please reconsider this or at least extend the date the extra items get cycled out. [/quote]
thestarchild wrote on 2022-11-29 17:51:47:
this is really upsetting. i don't like that the items are being cycled to begin with, and for us to get such short notice for these items to lose their availability feels even worse. a lot of us are spending on presents and winter apparel and things like that this time of year, and we wouldn't have known to set some money aside for this abrupt change, and plenty of us spent a lot of gems on things for the new breed.

honestly, i feel disinclined to buy the cycling items directly from the store, no matter how much i like their appearance, because it would feel like encouraging a site trend that bothers me.

please reconsider this or at least extend the date the extra items get cycled out.
Square-3.png Wolf_26299_3_15.png
FAQ & About Me
Dragons for Sale

FR +0 | She/Her | AuDHD
72918353.png square2.png
Thanks I just spent all my money on familiars xD [emoji=spiral laughing size=1]
Thanks I just spent all my money on familiars xD
Wing-L.png7GZL67L.pngkRuXbjj.pngRBvgAJf.pngWing-R.png
thank you so much for this sale!

some feedback from a new-ish player who is/was interested in this sale: it might be a good idea to include a link in the news post to the gem purchase page, or at least instructions of how to get there. i didn't actually know how to get to it! i was able to find it eventually, and i'm sure i could search the answer somewhere, but maybe someone not quite as interested would have given up before researching on their own.

also, since i'm not familiar with the exchange rate of real life currency to gems, the "+50 gems" "+105 gems" etc on the purchase page were a little confusing. i wasn't completely sure if this was showing how you get a bulk discount by buying more at once, or showing the extra from the sale, or a combination of both.

neither of these really bothered me or anything, just wanted to offer my own perspective as someone who hasn't been using the site for years like most others! :)
thank you so much for this sale!

some feedback from a new-ish player who is/was interested in this sale: it might be a good idea to include a link in the news post to the gem purchase page, or at least instructions of how to get there. i didn't actually know how to get to it! i was able to find it eventually, and i'm sure i could search the answer somewhere, but maybe someone not quite as interested would have given up before researching on their own.

also, since i'm not familiar with the exchange rate of real life currency to gems, the "+50 gems" "+105 gems" etc on the purchase page were a little confusing. i wasn't completely sure if this was showing how you get a bulk discount by buying more at once, or showing the extra from the sale, or a combination of both.

neither of these really bothered me or anything, just wanted to offer my own perspective as someone who hasn't been using the site for years like most others! :)
82346754.pngnr-100.png94499341.png
@Mayali

I used to really struggle with how to find the gem purchase page myself! But on the left where all the links are to your lair/the auction house/scrying workshop etc are underneath the shop header the very first link is the purchase gems link! It's one of those things that's very obvious and when you notice it you think "how did I miss that for so long?!" but I completely understand why you have missed it, I think it took me years to find the link, I used to get to the page through the custom skin section...

On a slightly unrelated note I am glad that the site isn't in your face about buying gems and that it is possible to completely miss the link for so long, BUT a link on this specific thread is probably a good idea :)

And I think the "+50 gems" "+105 gems" is for this particular sale, but again it wouldn't hurt to make that more obvious for people, especially people who don't normally buy gems (or even just an explanation in this post would work on top of what's already on the gem page)
@Mayali

I used to really struggle with how to find the gem purchase page myself! But on the left where all the links are to your lair/the auction house/scrying workshop etc are underneath the shop header the very first link is the purchase gems link! It's one of those things that's very obvious and when you notice it you think "how did I miss that for so long?!" but I completely understand why you have missed it, I think it took me years to find the link, I used to get to the page through the custom skin section...

On a slightly unrelated note I am glad that the site isn't in your face about buying gems and that it is possible to completely miss the link for so long, BUT a link on this specific thread is probably a good idea :)

And I think the "+50 gems" "+105 gems" is for this particular sale, but again it wouldn't hurt to make that more obvious for people, especially people who don't normally buy gems (or even just an explanation in this post would work on top of what's already on the gem page)
~ Cey/Ceylar ~
~ She/Her ~
~ They/Them ~
~ FR+8 ~
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ mrRenVJ.png
Thank you for letting us know when they'll be back! I can't buy a WC scroll this time around but it's nice to know to save for that in May. I don't mind cycling items in theory, so long as we have a clue what's happening.

Is there any lore about why/when Wildclaw populations suddenly surge? I've been here for years but living in a bubble, apparently, and only recently learned about cycling items. So for all I know there is a lore-based explanation. (Travelling merchants?) But if not, that could be cool to include. Might make it feel a less arbitrary thing. :)
Thank you for letting us know when they'll be back! I can't buy a WC scroll this time around but it's nice to know to save for that in May. I don't mind cycling items in theory, so long as we have a clue what's happening.

Is there any lore about why/when Wildclaw populations suddenly surge? I've been here for years but living in a bubble, apparently, and only recently learned about cycling items. So for all I know there is a lore-based explanation. (Travelling merchants?) But if not, that could be cool to include. Might make it feel a less arbitrary thing. :)
ieftwO2.png
Why do these cycled items, that are only available for a week, not act like the flashsales? I really don't want to have to pay massive amounts to someone to get these familiars or bundles second hand because I can't keep watching when the marketplace refreshes
Why do these cycled items, that are only available for a week, not act like the flashsales? I really don't want to have to pay massive amounts to someone to get these familiars or bundles second hand because I can't keep watching when the marketplace refreshes
Art Thread
Skins and Accent Thread
@Wookieinmashoo
theyre items in the gem portion of the marketplace, not treasure, so their supplies never run out / don't need refreshing.
@Wookieinmashoo
theyre items in the gem portion of the marketplace, not treasure, so their supplies never run out / don't need refreshing.
nzqnkq.png
@GODHEX thanks for letting me know. I didn't know if I hadt to wait for refreshes like I had to with some genes, glad they're in the marketplace...kinda sucks I can't buy them though. I guess it said that on the front, read it twice and still missed that. I don't know why but it might be the red on white because I'm always missing small details in the notices.
@GODHEX thanks for letting me know. I didn't know if I hadt to wait for refreshes like I had to with some genes, glad they're in the marketplace...kinda sucks I can't buy them though. I guess it said that on the front, read it twice and still missed that. I don't know why but it might be the red on white because I'm always missing small details in the notices.
Art Thread
Skins and Accent Thread
Hello! I know this might be a ridiculous question, but are we talking 6 am or pm?
Hello! I know this might be a ridiculous question, but are we talking 6 am or pm?
@BimbleBee

6am server time :)
@BimbleBee

6am server time :)
vDH0pGc.png
1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21