Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Pkmn Scarlet/Violet Excited?
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
I haven't gotten either yet; knowing that it might, you know, absolutely crash, I still wanna give it a try...

Loving Miraidon's design, just don't like the lack of legs ;;

I also live Koraidon, but I feel almost obligated to get Violet because I Love technology, and the "new world" of tech is Miraidon's entire thing, while Koraidon's entire thing is being stuck in the past.

Of course, I love Koraidon's design more- he looks like a snake puppy, it's so cute! Also, there are Pokemon I like more- namely Larvitar, and the subsequent evolutions. So maybe I'll get Scarlet, I just don't wanna seem like I'm copying my mom's friend, who let me watch her play it on the TV ;;

(now to choose between Fuecoco and quaxly as a starter(same story here. Mom's friend started with Fuecoco, who has the best design in my opinion(sorry Sprigatitio... if you hadn't become anthro, I might've liked you, and I've just never had a thing for water types to begin with, so sorry Quaxly, may you dance in peace ;;))

f u e c o c o
I haven't gotten either yet; knowing that it might, you know, absolutely crash, I still wanna give it a try...

Loving Miraidon's design, just don't like the lack of legs ;;

I also live Koraidon, but I feel almost obligated to get Violet because I Love technology, and the "new world" of tech is Miraidon's entire thing, while Koraidon's entire thing is being stuck in the past.

Of course, I love Koraidon's design more- he looks like a snake puppy, it's so cute! Also, there are Pokemon I like more- namely Larvitar, and the subsequent evolutions. So maybe I'll get Scarlet, I just don't wanna seem like I'm copying my mom's friend, who let me watch her play it on the TV ;;

(now to choose between Fuecoco and quaxly as a starter(same story here. Mom's friend started with Fuecoco, who has the best design in my opinion(sorry Sprigatitio... if you hadn't become anthro, I might've liked you, and I've just never had a thing for water types to begin with, so sorry Quaxly, may you dance in peace ;;))

f u e c o c o

92n1dwB.png
4LIgWCz.png
rI18gRz.png
7FPB55S.png
t3Y2mF7.png
5hF3FGk.png
FObX7rS.pngYw8EvNQ.png
VpMOGhK.png
7fFdbks.png
JMjFoSS.png
[quote name="@MaplesHaiku" date="2022-11-21 18:17:20" ] my switch is from 2018 so i don't think it'll like sv if what you two are saying is true :') let's hope most of the bugs get patched soon! [/quote] Mine is also from 2018 and I have had very few problems! (Just occasional frame drops.) — I’ve been having a lot of fun with it! I’ve beaten all the titans, 7 gyms, and 4 Team Star bases, so I’m pretty close to beating the story! I’d say this is legitimately one of the best Pokémon games ever apart from the occasional bugginess. (And I have played every main series Pokémon game and many of the sidegames, so I know what I’m talking about.) I love the story and characters so much, and the amount of freedom to explore! There’s also a character I’m pretty sure is intentionally trans coded, considering some of their dialogue alongside their use of a certain Pokémon (and also that they, like many other characters in this game, are so gender).
@MaplesHaiku wrote on 2022-11-21 18:17:20:
my switch is from 2018 so i don't think it'll like sv if what you two are saying is true :')

let's hope most of the bugs get patched soon!
Mine is also from 2018 and I have had very few problems! (Just occasional frame drops.)

I’ve been having a lot of fun with it! I’ve beaten all the titans, 7 gyms, and 4 Team Star bases, so I’m pretty close to beating the story! I’d say this is legitimately one of the best Pokémon games ever apart from the occasional bugginess. (And I have played every main series Pokémon game and many of the sidegames, so I know what I’m talking about.) I love the story and characters so much, and the amount of freedom to explore! There’s also a character I’m pretty sure is intentionally trans coded, considering some of their dialogue alongside their use of a certain Pokémon (and also that they, like many other characters in this game, are so gender).
"Luvdisc's heart-shaped body is a symbol of love and romance. It is said that any couple meeting this Pokémon is promised a loving relationship that never ends."
he/they | early 20s | writer, country boy, Big Nerd
ive finished the game now, its been super fun!!! i just really want to trade my spare miraidon for a koraidon........ i want both of them...
ive finished the game now, its been super fun!!! i just really want to trade my spare miraidon for a koraidon........ i want both of them...
any pronouns :]
frt +0
art shop
don't have the game yet but picking pokemon for my team here's my future team when i get violet

fuecoco fidough charcadet eevee wattrel for my beginning squad
don't have the game yet but picking pokemon for my team here's my future team when i get violet

fuecoco fidough charcadet eevee wattrel for my beginning squad
1d7f5655b60f20cf690fcfdffc0eb6da42ac5fd3.png
Finished game and post-game.
Currently working on dex completion and EV training. (:

I had an absolute blast with the game itself.
I think the plot and characterizations are very well done, especially compared to past games. I genuinely cared about several of the characters, and it was really just... fun to play.
Terra Raids are a lot of fun compared to the old raids (and the AI partners are much better). Also love the gimmick this gen. I was iffy on both that and some of the new Pokemon, but wound up liking them all.

The glitches and bugs however, are bad. Like... game-interrupting bad. (Note: I have a digital version).
I have an original Switch, and have experienced crashes, glitching through mountains and floors, Pokemon walking in mid air, Miraidon disappearing while I'm riding them, Pokmeon stuck underwater that should not be in water, etc. Music tracks are bugged - in particular, the E4 theme only repeats the first 10 seconds. It's absolutely wild and needs patched in multiple aspects. Still fun tho lol
Finished game and post-game.
Currently working on dex completion and EV training. (:

I had an absolute blast with the game itself.
I think the plot and characterizations are very well done, especially compared to past games. I genuinely cared about several of the characters, and it was really just... fun to play.
Terra Raids are a lot of fun compared to the old raids (and the AI partners are much better). Also love the gimmick this gen. I was iffy on both that and some of the new Pokemon, but wound up liking them all.

The glitches and bugs however, are bad. Like... game-interrupting bad. (Note: I have a digital version).
I have an original Switch, and have experienced crashes, glitching through mountains and floors, Pokemon walking in mid air, Miraidon disappearing while I'm riding them, Pokmeon stuck underwater that should not be in water, etc. Music tracks are bugged - in particular, the E4 theme only repeats the first 10 seconds. It's absolutely wild and needs patched in multiple aspects. Still fun tho lol
6uaN3MO.png kiNdaIf.png
fidelitas ad familiam. fidelitas ad Matriarch.
a multi-billion dollar pharmaceutical company located in the center of the light district.

Beaten the titans, 6 of the gyms and three of the Star basses and I think I can safely say that Team Star have officially knocked Team Magma out of being my all-time favourite team. The characterization of the Bosses I've met so far has been just so dang good and I honestly love all of them and I love that they genuinely aren't a Big Bad Evil Team like in the past, they're just trying to look out for each other and others like them. Although that might just be me being biased after being bullied in school, too.

Starting to trust the Director more, but I now trust Cassopeia even less.

ATM I am taking a break from the main plotlines to investigate those weird glowing stake things. I'm 90% sure they have some connection to the other legendary Pokémon but no idea how or what they do.
Caught my first Shiny of this generation! A little Rockruff was just sitting outside one of the Pokecenters and I almost missed her. Almost, but not quite.

Beaten the titans, 6 of the gyms and three of the Star basses and I think I can safely say that Team Star have officially knocked Team Magma out of being my all-time favourite team. The characterization of the Bosses I've met so far has been just so dang good and I honestly love all of them and I love that they genuinely aren't a Big Bad Evil Team like in the past, they're just trying to look out for each other and others like them. Although that might just be me being biased after being bullied in school, too.

Starting to trust the Director more, but I now trust Cassopeia even less.

ATM I am taking a break from the main plotlines to investigate those weird glowing stake things. I'm 90% sure they have some connection to the other legendary Pokémon but no idea how or what they do.
*Looks at lair* Ah yes. Organised chaos.
KASr4bY.png
sup i've been playing for a bit
super fun game
newmons look cool and i like the characters
also got two three shinys

that said anyone wanna help me evolve the dolphin pls
edit: nvm got it
sup i've been playing for a bit
super fun game
newmons look cool and i like the characters
also got two three shinys

that said anyone wanna help me evolve the dolphin pls
edit: nvm got it
lil%20object%20smaller.png bungalow
she/her
+3 fr time
non-exalter
Haven't found one shiny this entire time. Or maybe I passed by a really subtle one? The thought haunts me.

I really wish there was a search function for the sandwiches like come on. There's over 100. Sure there's a favorites option but I still have to sift through them all and that's freaking ridiculous. Also no search function for pokedex is mindblowing. Why.

So far I think my fave pokemon is shiny meowscarada or iron valiant.
Haven't found one shiny this entire time. Or maybe I passed by a really subtle one? The thought haunts me.

I really wish there was a search function for the sandwiches like come on. There's over 100. Sure there's a favorites option but I still have to sift through them all and that's freaking ridiculous. Also no search function for pokedex is mindblowing. Why.

So far I think my fave pokemon is shiny meowscarada or iron valiant.
tumblr_inline_mjvop8mMef1qz4rgp.gif tumblr_md2y0qnWDS1qk1or3.gif
[quote name="Grune" date="2022-11-23 20:22:18" ] Music tracks are bugged - in particular, the E4 theme only repeats the first 10 seconds. [/quote] [center][color=teal]That's a bug??? I thought it was a design choice and was a little disappointed, but found it super intense and unnerving. I had no idea that was a bug... I'm going to go listen to the actual song now LOL [/center]
Grune wrote on 2022-11-23 20:22:18:
Music tracks are bugged - in particular, the E4 theme only repeats the first 10 seconds.

That's a bug??? I thought it was a design choice and was a little disappointed, but found it super intense and unnerving. I had no idea that was a bug... I'm going to go listen to the actual song now LOL

PbW1AsJ.png
Mundane | he/it | 29

Exalt Rescue
About Me
Wishlist

I personally really like the games so far!! I haven't had any major glitches, just fps rate drops and sometimes when i catch pokemon i can see through the floor?
also i have a physical copy, not sure if that is why but i notice digital copies tend to be buggier, just with irl friends n stuff.
I personally really like the games so far!! I haven't had any major glitches, just fps rate drops and sometimes when i catch pokemon i can see through the floor?
also i have a physical copy, not sure if that is why but i notice digital copies tend to be buggier, just with irl friends n stuff.
~Wishlist~
~Badge Hoard~
~Neocities~
placeholder placeholder placeholder bob.gif
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11