Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Scroll down menus dysfunction
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13
Alright, having messed around with it slightly (using only scrying workshop dropdowns for this) I spam refreshed and tested what happened

Refresh and immediately tapping a menu force closed immediately, subsequent touches repeated that or didn't register the touch at all. Generally only resolved after ads loaded, had the most problematic results.

Waiting for ads to load and immediately attempting to tap usually resulted in the touch not registering and not opening the drop down at all. Would sometimes open the menu and force close it immediately. Resulted in more non-registered taps when that occured.

Waiting for ads to load and giving it a few moments afterwards yielded best results of being able to operate drop-down as normal immediately. Rarely yielded a non-registered tap, but this tended to follow more complicated ads.

This is just me chasing down the ad aspect and seeing what came of it. Like I said only tested in the one area and only about 15 or so times focusing on just timing out the ads. Opening the menu right away when the page loads also yielded the most failed tap attempts. I can mess around more in alternate drop down menus. I've had ads lag spike my devices before so that's the only reason I kinda wondered if it was those.
Alright, having messed around with it slightly (using only scrying workshop dropdowns for this) I spam refreshed and tested what happened

Refresh and immediately tapping a menu force closed immediately, subsequent touches repeated that or didn't register the touch at all. Generally only resolved after ads loaded, had the most problematic results.

Waiting for ads to load and immediately attempting to tap usually resulted in the touch not registering and not opening the drop down at all. Would sometimes open the menu and force close it immediately. Resulted in more non-registered taps when that occured.

Waiting for ads to load and giving it a few moments afterwards yielded best results of being able to operate drop-down as normal immediately. Rarely yielded a non-registered tap, but this tended to follow more complicated ads.

This is just me chasing down the ad aspect and seeing what came of it. Like I said only tested in the one area and only about 15 or so times focusing on just timing out the ads. Opening the menu right away when the page loads also yielded the most failed tap attempts. I can mess around more in alternate drop down menus. I've had ads lag spike my devices before so that's the only reason I kinda wondered if it was those.
vDH0pGc.png
I, too, am an Android user experiencing this issue, though I haven't tried it on any other website yet.
I, too, am an Android user experiencing this issue, though I haven't tried it on any other website yet.
Water Runestone WishlistFlairotlsFTU Bio GeneratorWant Prismatic Tokens?
Forum pings and PMs welcome.
Most of lair is in HibDen and open for forum games.
This Water Runestone is the most decoration this signature has ever had. I know, it scares me too.
Also on an Android device and using Chrome. Glad it's not issues with my screen protector like I suspected. I've taken it off a few times so didn't know if the contact was registering quite right.

Does this happen on every dropdown on the site? If not, what select menus are okay?
Haven't sought out every dropdown, but every one I've come across has had the issue.

Does this happen on any other sites that use select menus? Preferably, we're looking for sites that have long menus.
Tried a couple other pet sites (with long dropdowns). No issues, although they also didn't have adds so I couldn't test if those had an affect.

Has anyone on Android seen this issue while using FireFox or any browser other than Chrome? Note: Chrome includes mini browsers opened by secondary apps.
Used the basic browser app my phone came with. No issues in Gathering, Scrying Workshop, and Auction House (all tested on Chrome too and didn't work right on said browser). Didn’t test elsewhere.

For those experiencing the problem, what happens if you pause a significant time after the initial menu click/touch? Does the menu eventually pop up?
Once the adds load in, everything works fine for me—whether I attempt (and fail) at getting the dropdown to work first or not.
Also on an Android device and using Chrome. Glad it's not issues with my screen protector like I suspected. I've taken it off a few times so didn't know if the contact was registering quite right.

Does this happen on every dropdown on the site? If not, what select menus are okay?
Haven't sought out every dropdown, but every one I've come across has had the issue.

Does this happen on any other sites that use select menus? Preferably, we're looking for sites that have long menus.
Tried a couple other pet sites (with long dropdowns). No issues, although they also didn't have adds so I couldn't test if those had an affect.

Has anyone on Android seen this issue while using FireFox or any browser other than Chrome? Note: Chrome includes mini browsers opened by secondary apps.
Used the basic browser app my phone came with. No issues in Gathering, Scrying Workshop, and Auction House (all tested on Chrome too and didn't work right on said browser). Didn’t test elsewhere.

For those experiencing the problem, what happens if you pause a significant time after the initial menu click/touch? Does the menu eventually pop up?
Once the adds load in, everything works fine for me—whether I attempt (and fail) at getting the dropdown to work first or not.
X
X
loading.gif

X
X
I use Firefox on Android and have zero issues there--Auction House, Scrying Workshop and Gathering all respond normally on the first click.
I use Firefox on Android and have zero issues there--Auction House, Scrying Workshop and Gathering all respond normally on the first click.
5mDnfD3.png
If it helps, I would like to report that I am NOT experiencing these problems while using android and a slightly older version of the chrome app. Ver. 105.0.5195.136 is working as normal. Hopefully this helps narrow things down a bit? Good luck, tech team!
If it helps, I would like to report that I am NOT experiencing these problems while using android and a slightly older version of the chrome app. Ver. 105.0.5195.136 is working as normal. Hopefully this helps narrow things down a bit? Good luck, tech team!
8et5D0P.pngnWiQNX9.png
FWIW I have had no issues like this on Firefox on either an apple ipad running ios, or a windows laptop.
FWIW I have had no issues like this on Firefox on either an apple ipad running ios, or a windows laptop.
i'm having this same issue on chrome on my android and on firefox on desktop. it's very annoying.
i'm having this same issue on chrome on my android and on firefox on desktop. it's very annoying.
qLQeTFk.gif
xxxxx
ARAxlYW.png
oxDm2Un.png
FObX7rS.png
nWiQNX9.png
mlHpBMC.png
NQ1Ze0S.png
xxxxx 9121892.png
Yeah I've been having this problem this whole week :/ android, Chrome, no updates to be found. :<
Yeah I've been having this problem this whole week :/ android, Chrome, no updates to be found. :<
Lol hi
I've had scroll issues on Chrome, since.. my phone updated and my chrome updated. Nothing stays up for long, I'm fully updated on both my phones side and browsers side, and the menus for scry, ah, and breeding force close after a second or so. I hope this isn't a site issue, and legit is a bug from one of the ads.
I've had scroll issues on Chrome, since.. my phone updated and my chrome updated. Nothing stays up for long, I'm fully updated on both my phones side and browsers side, and the menus for scry, ah, and breeding force close after a second or so. I hope this isn't a site issue, and legit is a bug from one of the ads.
For participation in Thursday oof water raffle
VzoJada.png
Happens for me on mobile, using Chrome on Android system. Seems to be all drop downs that are effected, the gathering ones being the worst offenders, having to repeatedly tap just to get the drop down to stay open and sometimes when I do select a different flight, it just closes without being selected.

I've not experienced this issue on any other websites on my phone so far.
Happens for me on mobile, using Chrome on Android system. Seems to be all drop downs that are effected, the gathering ones being the worst offenders, having to repeatedly tap just to get the drop down to stay open and sometimes when I do select a different flight, it just closes without being selected.

I've not experienced this issue on any other websites on my phone so far.
tumblr_inline_pfkgulDiIn1rl0bsp_100.pngGY5Jmcm.png old-oaks-3.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13