Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [TOOL] Squid's Automated Bio Templates
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
@wintrecat Not without manually changing the code. The reason I personally set it up like this is that I've found that artists tend to close or remake shops, change usernames, etc, so after a couple years I had a huge handful of broken links on my hands. So I just link to profiles instead now since that can never change.
@wintrecat Not without manually changing the code. The reason I personally set it up like this is that I've found that artists tend to close or remake shops, change usernames, etc, so after a couple years I had a huge handful of broken links on my hands. So I just link to profiles instead now since that can never change.
WpjbI2U.gif
squid/winter | FR+3 | they/them | spelled squidra-gon (like octagon)
[quote name="squidragon" date="2018-01-05 15:43:01" ] [center][size=5][b]Squid's Automated Bio Templates[/b][/size][/center] [b]News[/b] -- The update broke the first template, but this is easily fixed by either making a new sheet copy or visiting [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2353280/6#post_43581167]this post here[/url] to make the few quick changes yourself. -- I've added a 'vista-friendly' lite version of the first. If you'd like a vista-friendly version of the second, ping me to let me know and I'll add it! ------ Tired of changing all the images, content, and coloring by hand in your bio templates? I've created a spreadsheet where you can simply enter the info and links into cells, copy and paste the code, and easily create visually distinct bios for each of your dragons. Save all your bios in their own columns to easily add new art or make small changes. I've personally found this to significantly increase my speed and creativity in my own templates, and I've already powered through nearly 2 pages of my lair in a short amount of time using this! [b]Terms of Use[/b] [LIST] [*]Edits are okay, but please do not remove the credits portion that links back to this thread (or, if you were using the first version I circulated on tumblr, links back to my profile). [*]Do let me know if you use it. It's not required of course, but I like to see what other people do with it and get really excited :o [*]Might take requests, let me know if you have an idea! [/LIST] [center]» » - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ¤ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - « «[/center] [b]Templates[/b] There is only one at the moment, but I really enjoy making these and would like to make more of them in the future. I have also taken commissions for automating individuals' templates for private use and am open to PMs inquiring into this. Each template will be located on a different tab in my bio template spreadsheet. Previews and details for each template can be found in the next post. [center][b][url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HDJCVWGXpjHXQNdRaLLFUqikiCLUwYkrfab6rIlTDp0/edit?usp=sharing][color=blue]Click here to view the spreadsheet.[/color][/url][/b] Note: Please do not request access to the spreadsheet. You have to make a copy to use it.[/center] [b]Instructions for Use[/b] [u]Most Important Rule[/u]: Do not edit the rows that have LIGHT TEAL font and background as this will break the formulas/template. [u]To add a new dragon to the spreadsheet[/u]: Copy and Paste the "template" column to a new column. You can see how my template looks like so: [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/393829612603572235/398981005609795584/unknown.png[/img] Having all of your dragons in distinct columns makes it easy to go back and edit each bio. When bugs are fixed in the template, I simply have to drag the row the bug was fixed in horizontally to fix it on all dragons. Plus, now you have back-ups in case something goes wrong! [u]To add a new piece of art[/u]: Copy and paste all the rows between Art Image and Art Entry below the last art entry. New art will automatically be added. [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/393829612603572235/398981870005518362/unknown.png[/img] [u]To add a bio to the dragon[/u]: Simply copy and paste the pink cell at the top! [u]Note[/u]: The credits section still needs to be hand-coded, so that you can more appropriately account for all the things that need to be sourced. The template uses an icon by Osiem, and credits them accordingly. [u]Any other questions?[/u]: Feel free to post in the thread and ask! [/quote] I'm using this on Proditiophobia, and I love it!
squidragon wrote on 2018-01-05 15:43:01:
Squid's Automated Bio Templates

News

-- The update broke the first template, but this is easily fixed by either making a new sheet copy or visiting this post here to make the few quick changes yourself.

-- I've added a 'vista-friendly' lite version of the first. If you'd like a vista-friendly version of the second, ping me to let me know and I'll add it!

Tired of changing all the images, content, and coloring by hand in your bio templates? I've created a spreadsheet where you can simply enter the info and links into cells, copy and paste the code, and easily create visually distinct bios for each of your dragons.

Save all your bios in their own columns to easily add new art or make small changes.

I've personally found this to significantly increase my speed and creativity in my own templates, and I've already powered through nearly 2 pages of my lair in a short amount of time using this!

Terms of Use
  • Edits are okay, but please do not remove the credits portion that links back to this thread (or, if you were using the first version I circulated on tumblr, links back to my profile).
  • Do let me know if you use it. It's not required of course, but I like to see what other people do with it and get really excited :o
  • Might take requests, let me know if you have an idea!

» » - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ¤ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - « «

Templates

There is only one at the moment, but I really enjoy making these and would like to make more of them in the future. I have also taken commissions for automating individuals' templates for private use and am open to PMs inquiring into this.

Each template will be located on a different tab in my bio template spreadsheet.

Previews and details for each template can be found in the next post.

Click here to view the spreadsheet.

Note: Please do not request access to the spreadsheet. You have to make a copy to use it.

Instructions for Use

Most Important Rule: Do not edit the rows that have LIGHT TEAL font and background as this will break the formulas/template.

To add a new dragon to the spreadsheet: Copy and Paste the "template" column to a new column. You can see how my template looks like so:

unknown.png

Having all of your dragons in distinct columns makes it easy to go back and edit each bio. When bugs are fixed in the template, I simply have to drag the row the bug was fixed in horizontally to fix it on all dragons. Plus, now you have back-ups in case something goes wrong!

To add a new piece of art: Copy and paste all the rows between Art Image and Art Entry below the last art entry. New art will automatically be added.

unknown.png

To add a bio to the dragon: Simply copy and paste the pink cell at the top!

Note: The credits section still needs to be hand-coded, so that you can more appropriately account for all the things that need to be sourced. The template uses an icon by Osiem, and credits them accordingly.

Any other questions?: Feel free to post in the thread and ask!

I'm using this on Proditiophobia, and I love it!
earth_small.png6e56787062fd50d74e68473c37c9e35a.pngearth_small.png
Oh my god this is amazing, can you add me to pinglist of new themes?
Oh my god this is amazing, can you add me to pinglist of new themes?
Thank you so much for making this! Tested out the template here: https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/71722119

Would it be possible to add me to the pinglist as well?
Thank you so much for making this! Tested out the template here: https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/71722119

Would it be possible to add me to the pinglist as well?
image.gif Z2soOA2.png
WKtl2lb.png
JvUa9ma.png
ugUahiN.png
boo.png Baldwin's Materials S/T
@squidragon

Thank you so much for this spreadsheet -- you've totally enabled me to learn the code I needed in order to display my top 10 dragons on my bio page!! *HUGS*

... I'm afraid I simplified things waaaaay down but it's so nice and I love it! (^_^)
@squidragon

Thank you so much for this spreadsheet -- you've totally enabled me to learn the code I needed in order to display my top 10 dragons on my bio page!! *HUGS*

... I'm afraid I simplified things waaaaay down but it's so nice and I love it! (^_^)
mmmmmm

Undertide 80s!
A Small and Ridiculously Nostalgic Hatchery
Where the pop culture references are so out of date they're rad!
82230361.png Manny.|.FRT.+17

@squidragon
How do I add more relationships? is it possible? Thank you for answering if you do!
@squidragon
How do I add more relationships? is it possible? Thank you for answering if you do!
Collector of Birds, Hoarder of Toys.
saving this!!
saving this!!
AOlGDZc.png
YbKpooC.pngYMPbu9R.png
@Taszzer
{ ey/em }{ fr time }
Scry-213x50.png
cHPyeRh.png
Hey @squidragon !! I used the automated template and I LOVE IT!!!! Im gonna be using it a lot <3 https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/60116492 Here's the dragon that I used the template for!!! Ty again, took me a bit to understand but I loved it! [emoji=aberration star size=1]
Hey @squidragon !! I used the automated template and I LOVE IT!!!! Im gonna be using it a lot <3
https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/60116492
Here's the dragon that I used the template for!!! Ty again, took me a bit to understand but I loved it!
60116492p.png
SammyTheRat

They/Them
AroAce Nonbinary

64311558.png
266.png23840.png
@squidragon would I be able to edit the trinket/item/inventory part to remove the image bbcode and replace it with item icon widgets? ex:[item=Flute] only visual difference is that you can hover over an item which i enjoy a lot and ive managed to figure out how to alter it successfully but wanted to ask for permission before i went though with keeping it that way dragon where i managed to do it: https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/47855396?view=default
@squidragon would I be able to edit the trinket/item/inventory part to remove the image bbcode and replace it with item icon widgets? ex: Flute

only visual difference is that you can hover over an item which i enjoy a lot and ive managed to figure out how to alter it successfully but wanted to ask for permission before i went though with keeping it that way

dragon where i managed to do it: https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/47855396?view=default
@SapphireLime Go ahead and edit as needed!
@SapphireLime Go ahead and edit as needed!
WpjbI2U.gif
squid/winter | FR+3 | they/them | spelled squidra-gon (like octagon)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8