Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [TOOL] Squid's Automated Bio Templates
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
@squidragon

It's giving me an error message, saying that "The reference doesn't exist."
@squidragon

It's giving me an error message, saying that "The reference doesn't exist."
@SpaceChildKeilei If you edited any of the teal rows or removed any existing ones, the sheet is possibly broken - although I can't tell specifically what went wrong without seeing your copy of the sheet. If you want to share it with me, I can take a look - otherwise you may want to make a fresh copy of the base sheet.
@SpaceChildKeilei If you edited any of the teal rows or removed any existing ones, the sheet is possibly broken - although I can't tell specifically what went wrong without seeing your copy of the sheet. If you want to share it with me, I can take a look - otherwise you may want to make a fresh copy of the base sheet.
WpjbI2U.gif
squid/winter | FR+3 | they/them | spelled squidra-gon (like octagon)
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=227500&did=20837645][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/208377/20837645_350.png[/img] @squidragon I used the sheet on this girl cause she is my progen and constant guinea pig for new templates. I like how clean it looks and it didn't take me long to figure it out. My edits were minimal and just so it still felt right for my lair, I added new hearts. I really love pixels sooo... lol I hope I did it justice. I'll be keeping an eye out for more.
20837645_350.png

@
squidragon I used the sheet on this girl cause she is my progen and constant guinea pig for new templates. I like how clean it looks and it didn't take me long to figure it out. My edits were minimal and just so it still felt right for my lair, I added new hearts. I really love pixels sooo... lol I hope I did it justice. I'll be keeping an eye out for more.
@squidragon

May I be added to the pinglist please? I'm so going to use these for now on! It took me a bit to figure it out, but I get it now! Thank you for making these!! They really do make it easier :3
@squidragon

May I be added to the pinglist please? I'm so going to use these for now on! It took me a bit to figure it out, but I get it now! Thank you for making these!! They really do make it easier :3
Snivy (She/Her)
_____
HatcheryArt Shop
WishlistSnake Hoarding
xxxxxxxxtumblr_oznjvaReJs1w8xkufo4_250.png
@squidragon

Heyo! I know this is probably an odd question, but I'm trying to get into coding in Google sheets. I have three bio templates for different factions in my lair, and i realized making something similar to this for my personal use would save me a ton of time. ^^;

Do you have any tips for getting started on something like this? Or do you know of a guide that can walk me through it?

I don't want to pressure you into teaching me everything there is to know, because that's kinda rude, but like, if it isn't too difficult to explain some basic steps, I would be so grateful. ;^;
@squidragon

Heyo! I know this is probably an odd question, but I'm trying to get into coding in Google sheets. I have three bio templates for different factions in my lair, and i realized making something similar to this for my personal use would save me a ton of time. ^^;

Do you have any tips for getting started on something like this? Or do you know of a guide that can walk me through it?

I don't want to pressure you into teaching me everything there is to know, because that's kinda rude, but like, if it isn't too difficult to explain some basic steps, I would be so grateful. ;^;
VXZZmOI.png
@AriNemera Best thing to do might be to take a look at how mine are set up and then go from there. The secret you need to know is the =concatenate formula Basically, you'd do your bbcode per usual, but leave blanks So let's say I want to do: [code] [img]IMAGE HERE[/img] [color=#484848]Text here[/color][/code] Cell A1 will be the Image url Cell A2 will be the color # Cell A3 will be the text Since we can't do returns in a spreadsheet we use the [code][br][/code] code. So we have a cell like this: [code] =concatenate("[img]", A1, "[/img][br][color=", A2, "]", A3, "[/color]")[/code] And then we can put the image, color, and text into the cells A1, A2, & A3, and the cell with our compiled code will update :) Making a full bio is just like this but 10x longer!
@AriNemera Best thing to do might be to take a look at how mine are set up and then go from there. The secret you need to know is the =concatenate formula

Basically, you'd do your bbcode per usual, but leave blanks

So let's say I want to do:
Code:
[img]IMAGE HERE[/img] [color=#484848]Text here[/color]

Cell A1 will be the Image url
Cell A2 will be the color #
Cell A3 will be the text

Since we can't do returns in a spreadsheet we use the
Code:
[br]
code.

So we have a cell like this:
Code:
=concatenate("[img]", A1, "[/img][br][color=", A2, "]", A3, "[/color]")

And then we can put the image, color, and text into the cells A1, A2, & A3, and the cell with our compiled code will update :)

Making a full bio is just like this but 10x longer!
WpjbI2U.gif
squid/winter | FR+3 | they/them | spelled squidra-gon (like octagon)
@squidragon ok awesome! Thanks so much for the help! I should be able to figure everything else out from here. :>
@squidragon ok awesome! Thanks so much for the help! I should be able to figure everything else out from here. :>
VXZZmOI.png
thank you for this!!! ( @fawnlungs )
thank you for this!!! ( @fawnlungs )
thanks so much, i used hearts for this girl, and will probably use it more in the future! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25578502] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/255786/25578502_350.png[/img] [/url]
thanks so much, i used hearts for this girl, and will probably use it more in the future!

25578502_350.png
fMy4Ig7.png
@squidragon planning to use this! thank you!!
@squidragon planning to use this! thank you!!
ypgSZ8z.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8