Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Delete this post
1 2 3
So, just a cute and fun idea, would be the ability to name unnamed exalted dragons as a community. We could even have a Community Naming Day every week/month, which would be fun! I figured people could name them like we name our non-exalted dragons where we can randomly name them. We could vote on names or just can name them. Could need an item. But I think it'd be nice to be able to name the unnamed dragons that have been exalted. It'd be a way to give a little bit of love to the dragons that went to their dragon gods but have no name to be remembered by.

I'd love this idea to go through or see what might become of this idea. :3

Thank you for letting me share my thoughts!

Nevermind! Can be removed. :3 Thank you <33
So, just a cute and fun idea, would be the ability to name unnamed exalted dragons as a community. We could even have a Community Naming Day every week/month, which would be fun! I figured people could name them like we name our non-exalted dragons where we can randomly name them. We could vote on names or just can name them. Could need an item. But I think it'd be nice to be able to name the unnamed dragons that have been exalted. It'd be a way to give a little bit of love to the dragons that went to their dragon gods but have no name to be remembered by.

I'd love this idea to go through or see what might become of this idea. :3

Thank you for letting me share my thoughts!

Nevermind! Can be removed. :3 Thank you <33
bEvLAND.png
People are going to be opposed to this idea because there are some people who exalt dragons unnamed for lore or project reasons. To give their dragons names would contradict their lore, implying that their way of playing the site in not a valid one, which is very much against the spirit of the site.
People are going to be opposed to this idea because there are some people who exalt dragons unnamed for lore or project reasons. To give their dragons names would contradict their lore, implying that their way of playing the site in not a valid one, which is very much against the spirit of the site.
You have hit upon a very heated topic in the suggestion forums. I and many other players see nothing wrong with unnamed dragons, if unnamed dragons bother you, name them while they belong to you. Once you sell a dragon it is no longer your dragon.

Players exalt dragons unnamed for a variety of reasons:
--Lore reasons (unnamed dragons don't exist in their dragon's lore; exalted dragons were stillborn/never hatched or died young before they were named, because they never earned a name)
--Linage tracking (some players exalt particular offspring unnmed to mark linages IE The firstborn dragon of Marcus's lineage is always unnamed while Darius's linage it is the secondborn), to see which dragons are worth following up (many players name permadragons so if the breeder exalts their unsold offspring unnamed they know to skip those)
--Aesthetics some players prefer the look of Unnamed over other similar names such as NoName, Nameless, etc)
--During heated dom battles, they literally don't have time to name 100 or more hatchlings as every second can count especially near the end

Exalted dragons are tied to the exalter's account, if they switch flights their exalted dragons now serve their new god. As such if naming of exalted dragons became a thing ONLY the exalter should be allowed to do so.
You have hit upon a very heated topic in the suggestion forums. I and many other players see nothing wrong with unnamed dragons, if unnamed dragons bother you, name them while they belong to you. Once you sell a dragon it is no longer your dragon.

Players exalt dragons unnamed for a variety of reasons:
--Lore reasons (unnamed dragons don't exist in their dragon's lore; exalted dragons were stillborn/never hatched or died young before they were named, because they never earned a name)
--Linage tracking (some players exalt particular offspring unnmed to mark linages IE The firstborn dragon of Marcus's lineage is always unnamed while Darius's linage it is the secondborn), to see which dragons are worth following up (many players name permadragons so if the breeder exalts their unsold offspring unnamed they know to skip those)
--Aesthetics some players prefer the look of Unnamed over other similar names such as NoName, Nameless, etc)
--During heated dom battles, they literally don't have time to name 100 or more hatchlings as every second can count especially near the end

Exalted dragons are tied to the exalter's account, if they switch flights their exalted dragons now serve their new god. As such if naming of exalted dragons became a thing ONLY the exalter should be allowed to do so.
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
I could support being able to name, or rename, dragons you yourself exalted, but no support for being able to name dragons that other players have exalted.

While most of them were probably exalted for dominance, imagine coming back to your lore unnamed baby, and seeing it named Fred.

Or even liking Unnamed as an aesthetic so you exalt all the hatchlings you bred, and now they have a variety of names, including ones that you potentially absolutely hate.
I could support being able to name, or rename, dragons you yourself exalted, but no support for being able to name dragons that other players have exalted.

While most of them were probably exalted for dominance, imagine coming back to your lore unnamed baby, and seeing it named Fred.

Or even liking Unnamed as an aesthetic so you exalt all the hatchlings you bred, and now they have a variety of names, including ones that you potentially absolutely hate.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Yeah this topic comes up a lot and is rather poorly received.

Some people exalt unnamed dragons on purpose, so someone else having the ability to take that away despite not being the owner is… not a pleasant thought.
With this in mind, the only way I’d support something like this is if only the exalter themselves can add a name- though this comes with the added harassment from people demanding exalters go back and name the dragon. Imo it’s better to just leave the system alone.

If people don’t want their dragons to end up unnamed, they can name before selling. Once it leaves your lair you lose all say in what happens to it- including whether or not it gets a name.
Multiple polls have been conducted and it shows that not only does having a name not effect whether most people will buy the dragon, but that some people prefer pre-named dragons.
Yeah this topic comes up a lot and is rather poorly received.

Some people exalt unnamed dragons on purpose, so someone else having the ability to take that away despite not being the owner is… not a pleasant thought.
With this in mind, the only way I’d support something like this is if only the exalter themselves can add a name- though this comes with the added harassment from people demanding exalters go back and name the dragon. Imo it’s better to just leave the system alone.

If people don’t want their dragons to end up unnamed, they can name before selling. Once it leaves your lair you lose all say in what happens to it- including whether or not it gets a name.
Multiple polls have been conducted and it shows that not only does having a name not effect whether most people will buy the dragon, but that some people prefer pre-named dragons.
giphy.gifp74ovv7.gifmFaXmCJ.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

art shop banner
KkcUijP.png
old wc adopt gif
giphy.gif

Lewis link and G1 sales
goVYTQR.pngRsZjiBd.png

ghost hatchlings
TwEcIUG.png[/url] Ae0MsB2.png

Wishlist

B3w2s5h.jpg

Pixel Pearls

giphy.gif

SCP hatchery
1g9awbL.png
Click for Don't Starve/FR commissions! [TEMP CLOSED] (Casual collector of 6 digit dergs!)
vWYFQtR.png

wHRV9DG.jpg[/indent]
Let people have their unnamed exalted dragons, if you don't like it name your fodder before you sell it, and if you really hate it use an extension to change "Unnamed" into some other word

Unnamed is valid, it can be incredibly annoying to have another playstyle shoved down your throat even if it's disguised as a community event. I know I would be upset if some of the dragons I exalted unnamed for lore purposes were forcibly named because people decided they just couldn't deal with seeing a harmless word anymore

Anyway, sorry if that seems a bit aggressive, but it's been established since the beginning that once a dragon leaves your lair you don't own it and have no say in hat happens to it, and that inculcates exalting unnamed
Let people have their unnamed exalted dragons, if you don't like it name your fodder before you sell it, and if you really hate it use an extension to change "Unnamed" into some other word

Unnamed is valid, it can be incredibly annoying to have another playstyle shoved down your throat even if it's disguised as a community event. I know I would be upset if some of the dragons I exalted unnamed for lore purposes were forcibly named because people decided they just couldn't deal with seeing a harmless word anymore

Anyway, sorry if that seems a bit aggressive, but it's been established since the beginning that once a dragon leaves your lair you don't own it and have no say in hat happens to it, and that inculcates exalting unnamed
"Hi my name is Crow with a B and I’ve been afraid of insects my whole lif-" "Stop stop stop- where?" "What?" "Where’s the B? "TherE'S A BEE???"
Pixel Adopts --- Wishlist/Gene tracker
Agreeing with the folks above,as they have good points, if you exalted it sure, no harm in that, but other people's unnamed exaltees should not be messed with.

It's a cute idea, but ultimately that takes agency away from players, and what's to stop a random person from naming someone's unnamed exalted dragon from 2014 something terrible and suddenly someone's favorite old as heck dragon with a hundred unnamed kids has "stinkypoopoo" in their offspring list. better to just leave them alone.

Agreeing with the folks above,as they have good points, if you exalted it sure, no harm in that, but other people's unnamed exaltees should not be messed with.

It's a cute idea, but ultimately that takes agency away from players, and what's to stop a random person from naming someone's unnamed exalted dragon from 2014 something terrible and suddenly someone's favorite old as heck dragon with a hundred unnamed kids has "stinkypoopoo" in their offspring list. better to just leave them alone.

1562ca122aceba74f63dd23c98a100c9ca09d249.gif
They're not yours to name.
They're not yours to name.
EDPdzPA.pngoCyuG6K.pngM4gRmAb.png
Mz977my.png
Welp nvm guys. Sorry for upsetting people. I didn't know this was a heated topic I thought it was a fun idea for the community to get close and have fun.
Welp nvm guys. Sorry for upsetting people. I didn't know this was a heated topic I thought it was a fun idea for the community to get close and have fun.
bEvLAND.png
Can the mods delete this suggestion for me? :3 I dont wanna upset anyone.
Can the mods delete this suggestion for me? :3 I dont wanna upset anyone.
bEvLAND.png
1 2 3