Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Scales: Deepheart
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Mynthraas chuckled. "Like you, I have no idea what the good shall be. Maybe someone else around here knows?"
@Etcetera7
Mynthraas chuckled. "Like you, I have no idea what the good shall be. Maybe someone else around here knows?"
@Etcetera7
@siatwin
"You know, I was originally headed for the feast tables. Perhaps someone there would know?" Dikkets looked over towards the tables as he spoke, and noticed that there were dragons already there. Maybe the feast would start soon?
@siatwin
"You know, I was originally headed for the feast tables. Perhaps someone there would know?" Dikkets looked over towards the tables as he spoke, and noticed that there were dragons already there. Maybe the feast would start soon?
[quote="Reeperbahn"][color=indigo]Reeperbahn gives a quiet snort, probably meant to be dismissive or modest. [b]"You flatter me, Valiona. I'm no more important to our clan than any other dragon. Oh! Speaking of which -"[/b] The warrior tosses his snout, passing on from the discussion of his own importance, to Valiona's, shifting his position with a hint of discomfort. [b]"I have to beg your forgiveness - that's not just a figure of speech, I really do hope you'll forgive me. I meant to speak to you earlier, but with one thing and another, I haven't gotten a chance until now. "You see, [i]with[/i] one thing and another, it looks like we warriors will likely be called on soon. Cringe will go into the details later, I'm sure, but one very important detail was (unfortunately) left to me. I did mean to give you more forewarning, [i]but[/i] the meat of the matter is that she means to promote you. Today."[/b] Reeper has to quite literally bite his tongue, to keep from rambling on or making more excuses for himself. He eyes Valiona uncertainly. Would she be very angry with him, for not telling her sooner? Her promotion was long overdue, but perhaps the joy of finally being granted it would make her overlook his mess-up. Hearing his name called, he reflexively turns to spot Icedancer, and waves his tail in greeting to the younger warrior. He figures the Mirror will likely join them, so he focuses back on Valiona for the time being.[/quote] @BreakTheLine @SoulKitty12
Reeperbahn wrote:
Reeperbahn gives a quiet snort, probably meant to be dismissive or modest. "You flatter me, Valiona. I'm no more important to our clan than any other dragon. Oh! Speaking of which -" The warrior tosses his snout, passing on from the discussion of his own importance, to Valiona's, shifting his position with a hint of discomfort. "I have to beg your forgiveness - that's not just a figure of speech, I really do hope you'll forgive me. I meant to speak to you earlier, but with one thing and another, I haven't gotten a chance until now.

"You see, with one thing and another, it looks like we warriors will likely be called on soon. Cringe will go into the details later, I'm sure, but one very important detail was (unfortunately) left to me. I did mean to give you more forewarning, but the meat of the matter is that she means to promote you. Today."
Reeper has to quite literally bite his tongue, to keep from rambling on or making more excuses for himself. He eyes Valiona uncertainly. Would she be very angry with him, for not telling her sooner? Her promotion was long overdue, but perhaps the joy of finally being granted it would make her overlook his mess-up.

Hearing his name called, he reflexively turns to spot Icedancer, and waves his tail in greeting to the younger warrior. He figures the Mirror will likely join them, so he focuses back on Valiona for the time being.
@BreakTheLine @SoulKitty12
[quote="Cringe"][color=darkred]After a short walk, with the musical accompanyment of all the chains and jewelry she's wearing, Cringe reaches the grotto where the feast is to be held. She pauses at the edge to look over the gathered dragons and get a sense for their mood - everyone seems content enough, perhaps with little flutters of nervous agitation, but there's definitely no hint of discontent. [b]"Hmm. I don't see Rage."[/b] After scrutinizing the guests more closely, Cringe flips a wing (jingling) in a shrug. [b]"Plans on making another of her fashionably late entrances, no doubt. Come on."[/b] Straightening herself, with the somewhat uncomfortable knowledge that plenty of eyes will be on her, Cringe starts towards the center of the gathered dragons, Lucifer and Nephthys in tow.[/quote] @Maus @SpectrileBanner @Rhyvendra @amariex Shall we have Zion and Athame arrive now?
Cringe wrote:
After a short walk, with the musical accompanyment of all the chains and jewelry she's wearing, Cringe reaches the grotto where the feast is to be held. She pauses at the edge to look over the gathered dragons and get a sense for their mood - everyone seems content enough, perhaps with little flutters of nervous agitation, but there's definitely no hint of discontent. "Hmm. I don't see Rage." After scrutinizing the guests more closely, Cringe flips a wing (jingling) in a shrug. "Plans on making another of her fashionably late entrances, no doubt. Come on."

Straightening herself, with the somewhat uncomfortable knowledge that plenty of eyes will be on her, Cringe starts towards the center of the gathered dragons, Lucifer and Nephthys in tow.
@Maus @SpectrileBanner @Rhyvendra
@amariex Shall we have Zion and Athame arrive now?
@Etcetera7
"That seems like a very logical idea." Mynthraas nodded at Dikket, and started towards the feast area keeping an eye out for people she might know.
@Etcetera7
"That seems like a very logical idea." Mynthraas nodded at Dikket, and started towards the feast area keeping an eye out for people she might know.
@siatwin
Dikkets took to the air, following Mynthraas to the feast tables. The Fae rotated his head on his long snake-like neck, watching for any familiar faces.
@siatwin
Dikkets took to the air, following Mynthraas to the feast tables. The Fae rotated his head on his long snake-like neck, watching for any familiar faces.
[quote][color=darkmagenta]Valiona looked down a bit at his first comment disregarding her praise towards him. She knew he'd probably never understand what she had meant every time she tried to show any sign of affection towards him. Perhaps such a thing didn't mean that much...especially coming from Valiona. At the indication of him meaning to say something, interest filled her gaze and she lit up slightly. When he had simply informed her of being promoted, her spirits were altered yet again.[b] "No its...its fine, Reeper. I know how busy you always are...time to associate yourself with the likes of me isnt on your daily agenda."[/b] She smiled weakly, she never really saw Reeperbahn very much ever since he became a senior warrior. [/quote] ([s](On mobile so I cant color lol))[/s] Edit: Color has been added! @nihill
Quote:
Valiona looked down a bit at his first comment disregarding her praise towards him. She knew he'd probably never understand what she had meant every time she tried to show any sign of affection towards him. Perhaps such a thing didn't mean that much...especially coming from Valiona. At the indication of him meaning to say something, interest filled her gaze and she lit up slightly. When he had simply informed her of being promoted, her spirits were altered yet again. "No its...its fine, Reeper. I know how busy you always are...time to associate yourself with the likes of me isnt on your daily agenda." She smiled weakly, she never really saw Reeperbahn very much ever since he became a senior warrior.

((On mobile so I cant color lol)) Edit: Color has been added!
@nihill
Bleeding_Moon_mature_hatchling.pngRoyal_Blue_female.png 15ew7s9.png Bleeding_Moon_Male.pngRoyal_Blue_female_hatchi.giftumblr_n03fz4yBaK1rni37eo1_500.gif
@nihill Please don't kill me!!! I know I haven't been posting... I am writing one out right now!
@nihill Please don't kill me!!! I know I haven't been posting... I am writing one out right now!
C5V5o0z.png[/url]
[quote=Breksta][color=#3E4F72]Breksta turned towards the entrance. She sensed another enter the room, her cape flowing gracefully along her body. '[i]Nephthys, Lucifer, and Cringe...[/i]' She snarled in her mind, her face portraying nothing to the outside world. Her tail whipped behind her, her wolf growling at the newcomers. Her amulet glowed, "[b]Calm down wolf! We mustn't bring any attention to ourselves.[/b]" Her wolf backed down, its head lowering along with its tail. Breksta looked back at the others, inspecting their attire. She looked around, noting the glances Cringe was bringing towards her pretentious garb. She walked over towards the group, her large talon clanking against the stone walkways. She made sure she stood in front of them, raising to ensure she was taller than Cringe. Her wolf sniffed at the Toridae, its hair on end, silently growling at the red familiar. Breksta didn't bother to bow to them, amulet glowing a bright crimson, '[i]Like they need my respect, after all I've done for the Var![/i]' "[b]Lucifer, Nephthys...[/b]" She glared at Cringe, her eyes narrowing into slits, "[b]Cringe... Is the festival garnering the effect you thought it might? Also, where is the 'queen' in all of this... revelry?[/b]" [/quote] [quote=Nephthys][color=#4C0000]Nephthys followed after the two, she didn't question the conversation they had between them, keeping to her own. They entered the cavern, covered in extravagant lights and decorations. She looked around to find a couple familiar faces in the growing crowd of dragons. '[i]Reeperbahn, Valiona, Lucis... Breksta.[/i]' She never did like the mute wildclaw, she seemed too full of herself and never followed orders like she did... Though there were times, when dragons would compare them, insisting that they were more alike in more ways than one. Nephthys watched as Breksta made her way over to the group. She watched the wildclaw's movement, the wolf following her every step. She had an aura of calculated planning, ready to strike when the time is right. Nephthys watched as she didn't bow towards them, nor referred to them with their rank. '[i]How disrespectful![/i]' Nephthys was prepared to prevent any hostilities should the need occur. She bowed, her manners engraved in her, "[b]Breksta[/b]." She acknowledged how her familiar was preparing to strike the wolf with its tail, ready to kill the other with its venom. "[b]Down![/b]"[/quote] @Maus @nihill ((I want to LIVE!!! I have been avoiding the Rp for a awhile due to writer's block... So here is my post. I'm SORRY nihill, it shouldn't have taken this long...))
Breksta wrote:
Breksta turned towards the entrance. She sensed another enter the room, her cape flowing gracefully along her body. 'Nephthys, Lucifer, and Cringe...' She snarled in her mind, her face portraying nothing to the outside world. Her tail whipped behind her, her wolf growling at the newcomers. Her amulet glowed, "Calm down wolf! We mustn't bring any attention to ourselves." Her wolf backed down, its head lowering along with its tail.

Breksta looked back at the others, inspecting their attire. She looked around, noting the glances Cringe was bringing towards her pretentious garb. She walked over towards the group, her large talon clanking against the stone walkways. She made sure she stood in front of them, raising to ensure she was taller than Cringe. Her wolf sniffed at the Toridae, its hair on end, silently growling at the red familiar.

Breksta didn't bother to bow to them, amulet glowing a bright crimson, 'Like they need my respect, after all I've done for the Var!' "Lucifer, Nephthys..." She glared at Cringe, her eyes narrowing into slits, "Cringe... Is the festival garnering the effect you thought it might? Also, where is the 'queen' in all of this... revelry?"
Nephthys wrote:
Nephthys followed after the two, she didn't question the conversation they had between them, keeping to her own. They entered the cavern, covered in extravagant lights and decorations. She looked around to find a couple familiar faces in the growing crowd of dragons. 'Reeperbahn, Valiona, Lucis... Breksta.' She never did like the mute wildclaw, she seemed too full of herself and never followed orders like she did... Though there were times, when dragons would compare them, insisting that they were more alike in more ways than one.

Nephthys watched as Breksta made her way over to the group. She watched the wildclaw's movement, the wolf following her every step. She had an aura of calculated planning, ready to strike when the time is right. Nephthys watched as she didn't bow towards them, nor referred to them with their rank. 'How disrespectful!'

Nephthys was prepared to prevent any hostilities should the need occur. She bowed, her manners engraved in her, "Breksta." She acknowledged how her familiar was preparing to strike the wolf with its tail, ready to kill the other with its venom. "Down!"
@Maus @nihill

((I want to LIVE!!! I have been avoiding the Rp for a awhile due to writer's block... So here is my post. I'm SORRY nihill, it shouldn't have taken this long...))
C5V5o0z.png[/url]
[quote="Reeperbahn"][color=indigo]Though he knows Valiona to be a very contained, reticent sort of dragon, Reeperbahn cannot help being disappointed in her reaction to his news. He had expected some more tangible show of pleasure, but not wanting to embarrass her, he doesn't point it out. Surely no dragon could be [i]disappointed[/i] by the promotion; he must be reading it wrong. [b]"You speak too truthfully. If I had my choice of companions, you would certainly be at the top of the list, but duty calls and we must all heed."[/b] Reeper casts a brief, dismal glance in the direction of Breksta, not at all looking forward to her 'assistance' in training the raw Augur recruits. But he straightens and tosses his head to dismiss that line of thought. [b]"Your duty should be more pleasant, I think; Cringe seemed to have it in mind that you'll accompany the expedition to scout that cave, that Moons found recently."[/b][/quote] [quote="Cringe"][color=darkred] Cringe gives a slight, barely audible groan at the base of her throat when she spots Breksta heading their way, but her face retains its usual, expressionless mask. Not one to insist on ceremony, still the Var leader notices how Breksta fails to bow, and is well aware of the insult inherent in the lack. [b]"Breksta. I can scarcely judge the gathering's effect, as it's only just begun."[/b] She does look over the gathered dragons, most of whom seem to be enjoying themselves. Turning to look at Breksta again, Cringe cocks her head slightly in query. [b]"'Queen', Breksta? I wasn't aware that a queen existed in the Underworld. Perhaps you meant High Empress Rage - although I find it hard to believe that a conscientious council member would be ignorant even of something so simple as a leader's chosen title - in which case, I've no idea. I am neither her keeper nor her secretary; I do not answer to her - nor to [i]you[/i]. Enjoy your evening."[/b] Stepping aside, Cringe adroitly avoids both Breksta and her rabid wolf, heading for the feeding pit at the front of the area, marked out for the leaders and their closest advisors, without a backward glance - trusting, as always, in Lucifer to watch her back. The engagement and its attendant speeches and ceremony were taxing enough; Cringe did not mean to let Breksta's petty, juvenile mindgames make it any more unpleasant. [/quote] @SoulKitty12 @SpectrileBanner @Maus @BreakTheLine @Rhyvendra
Reeperbahn wrote:
Though he knows Valiona to be a very contained, reticent sort of dragon, Reeperbahn cannot help being disappointed in her reaction to his news. He had expected some more tangible show of pleasure, but not wanting to embarrass her, he doesn't point it out. Surely no dragon could be disappointed by the promotion; he must be reading it wrong.

"You speak too truthfully. If I had my choice of companions, you would certainly be at the top of the list, but duty calls and we must all heed." Reeper casts a brief, dismal glance in the direction of Breksta, not at all looking forward to her 'assistance' in training the raw Augur recruits. But he straightens and tosses his head to dismiss that line of thought. "Your duty should be more pleasant, I think; Cringe seemed to have it in mind that you'll accompany the expedition to scout that cave, that Moons found recently."
Cringe wrote:
Cringe gives a slight, barely audible groan at the base of her throat when she spots Breksta heading their way, but her face retains its usual, expressionless mask. Not one to insist on ceremony, still the Var leader notices how Breksta fails to bow, and is well aware of the insult inherent in the lack. "Breksta. I can scarcely judge the gathering's effect, as it's only just begun." She does look over the gathered dragons, most of whom seem to be enjoying themselves. Turning to look at Breksta again, Cringe cocks her head slightly in query. "'Queen', Breksta? I wasn't aware that a queen existed in the Underworld. Perhaps you meant High Empress Rage - although I find it hard to believe that a conscientious council member would be ignorant even of something so simple as a leader's chosen title - in which case, I've no idea. I am neither her keeper nor her secretary; I do not answer to her - nor to you. Enjoy your evening." Stepping aside, Cringe adroitly avoids both Breksta and her rabid wolf, heading for the feeding pit at the front of the area, marked out for the leaders and their closest advisors, without a backward glance - trusting, as always, in Lucifer to watch her back. The engagement and its attendant speeches and ceremony were taxing enough; Cringe did not mean to let Breksta's petty, juvenile mindgames make it any more unpleasant.
@SoulKitty12 @SpectrileBanner @Maus @BreakTheLine @Rhyvendra
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15