Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Torpor? (Slow down hunger?)
EDIT: I also forgot about individual feeding...oops. ><;;

Let me preface this with: Yeah, I know, Hibernal den. It took SO LONG for us to get it. I get that.

But hear me out.

I'm often away, my weekends are 3 days and absolutely busy as heck, and my DRAGONS ARE STARVING because I only get 10 gathers for the first three days of the week, and the remaining 1 day I get 15 is not enough.

...I get that hunger is tied to breeding, and that's fair.

I'm looking for a compromise!

Allow me to put my dragons into "torpor" or slow mode.

What it would do:

~ Halve your gathers per day (rounded up, so 5 gathers when sad, 8 when happy)
~ Halve your hunger loss per day (excluding colli grinding)
~ Halve the corresponding happiness loss per day
~ Double the breeding cooldowns

This way anyone who has to take time away from the game and can't get on every other day as intended can at least pull off once every 4 days, maybe?

I know people probably won't like this, but as it's set up right now, even if I threw every single dragon I don't breed into my hibernal den (which is VERY few) I'd still be losing out on food.

It's just an idea...I hope it's okay.

EDIT: Not sure what it does to colliseium stuffs, other than a dragon gets hungry when it does a lot of grinding, but that seems seperate enough it may not matter? The hunger would only be daily hunger, not colli-grinding hunger.
EDIT: I also forgot about individual feeding...oops. ><;;

Let me preface this with: Yeah, I know, Hibernal den. It took SO LONG for us to get it. I get that.

But hear me out.

I'm often away, my weekends are 3 days and absolutely busy as heck, and my DRAGONS ARE STARVING because I only get 10 gathers for the first three days of the week, and the remaining 1 day I get 15 is not enough.

...I get that hunger is tied to breeding, and that's fair.

I'm looking for a compromise!

Allow me to put my dragons into "torpor" or slow mode.

What it would do:

~ Halve your gathers per day (rounded up, so 5 gathers when sad, 8 when happy)
~ Halve your hunger loss per day (excluding colli grinding)
~ Halve the corresponding happiness loss per day
~ Double the breeding cooldowns

This way anyone who has to take time away from the game and can't get on every other day as intended can at least pull off once every 4 days, maybe?

I know people probably won't like this, but as it's set up right now, even if I threw every single dragon I don't breed into my hibernal den (which is VERY few) I'd still be losing out on food.

It's just an idea...I hope it's okay.

EDIT: Not sure what it does to colliseium stuffs, other than a dragon gets hungry when it does a lot of grinding, but that seems seperate enough it may not matter? The hunger would only be daily hunger, not colli-grinding hunger.
5gSLBV0.png
there is still the issue that hunger is also directly tied to coliseum
horizontal banner that has blue space background, The Arcanist who glows pink, and light pink text that says Thanks Arcanist
Ledi | finland | 10+ fr time | adult | artist & game dev
identity button signifying that user identifies as gayidentity button signifying that user is transgender and uses he pronounsidentity button that signifies that user is autisticidentity button that signifies that user has adhd
@Dembai
Just a quick thought for you personally - what's wrong with letting your dragons go hungry except for the ones you want to breed?

The general argument against this kind of suggestion is related to the activity bonus, since you shouldn't be getting that if you're not active. If that's not a problem for you then you may actually be better off with the current system than the one you propose. Losing the well fed bonus, you'd have 10 gathering turns where this system would give you 5 or 7 depending on what you based it on, and only feeding the breeding dragons sounds like it would cost you a lot less food.

Also, you may be thinking a bit of another site - there's no such thing as 'happiness' on FR! Nothing happens to hungry dragons that can't be immediately rectified the next time you feed them.
@Dembai
Just a quick thought for you personally - what's wrong with letting your dragons go hungry except for the ones you want to breed?

The general argument against this kind of suggestion is related to the activity bonus, since you shouldn't be getting that if you're not active. If that's not a problem for you then you may actually be better off with the current system than the one you propose. Losing the well fed bonus, you'd have 10 gathering turns where this system would give you 5 or 7 depending on what you based it on, and only feeding the breeding dragons sounds like it would cost you a lot less food.

Also, you may be thinking a bit of another site - there's no such thing as 'happiness' on FR! Nothing happens to hungry dragons that can't be immediately rectified the next time you feed them.
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
oh! you know I forgot I could just feed the ones I want to breed!

That's like, super fair.

I've been pulling my hair out trying to keep them all fed, and I don't really need to.

And you're right, all it effects is breeding and nothing else really. ::facepalm::

Thank you for reminding me.
oh! you know I forgot I could just feed the ones I want to breed!

That's like, super fair.

I've been pulling my hair out trying to keep them all fed, and I don't really need to.

And you're right, all it effects is breeding and nothing else really. ::facepalm::

Thank you for reminding me.
5gSLBV0.png
[quote name="Ralzakark" date="2022-03-14 08:50:40" ] there is still the issue that hunger is also directly tied to coliseum [/quote] I'd forgotten this too. I don't colli grind anymore, so it slipped my mind!
Ralzakark wrote on 2022-03-14 08:50:40:

I'd forgotten this too. I don't colli grind anymore, so it slipped my mind!
5gSLBV0.png
I’m assuming the ‘happinesses’ the op is talking about is the well fed bonus for keeping tots clan energy above 80%

Considering the additional of the hibernal den and the ability to individually feed, I do not feel that there is a need for something like the op is suggesting .

The op may not be able to keep the well fed bonus but would only need to feed dragons when they were ready to breed (or if they needed to go to coliseum for a bit) which should take over all less food than trying to maintain an overal clan energy of 80% to keep the well fed bonus even on the suggested slow mo mode

Edit: coli grinding hunger and breeding hunger use same system, just different levels when a dragon becomes in eligible to coli or breed
I’m assuming the ‘happinesses’ the op is talking about is the well fed bonus for keeping tots clan energy above 80%

Considering the additional of the hibernal den and the ability to individually feed, I do not feel that there is a need for something like the op is suggesting .

The op may not be able to keep the well fed bonus but would only need to feed dragons when they were ready to breed (or if they needed to go to coliseum for a bit) which should take over all less food than trying to maintain an overal clan energy of 80% to keep the well fed bonus even on the suggested slow mo mode

Edit: coli grinding hunger and breeding hunger use same system, just different levels when a dragon becomes in eligible to coli or breed
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
If you're having trouble feeding your dragons, check your flight's forum. Most, if not all flights have food banks that are happy to help.
If you're having trouble feeding your dragons, check your flight's forum. Most, if not all flights have food banks that are happy to help.
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
he/him or ae/aer only please.
psa: messages in cancelled CRs aren't viewable!