Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Coliseum Bounty Trading Post NPC
1 2 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 50 51
Oh i would love this. Just a little attainable goal to encourage me to actually coli
Oh i would love this. Just a little attainable goal to encourage me to actually coli
tumblr_okxejoyVNG1tddvg0o1_540.png

fr blog | art blog | Art Sales
They Pronouns
What I meant by "active" and "passive" is better conveyed as "short-term" and "long-term". I was thinking "active" as "this is the new bounty so I'll go out and do it for the next one" vs "passive" as "this quest will take awhile so I'll occasionally chip away at it". In retrospect however, that use of terminology was clunky at best.

Then, by "regularly refreshing", I meant, as you put it, "unlimited", that there'd always be more bounties available and you don't know what the next one'll be, in contrast to the proposed quest system that has a set "path" to progress. Again, clunky wording on my part.

Regarding the purpose of the quest system, I didn't mean that you exchange items, but instead they'd be like several stepped bounties ending with a bigger reward. The idea was to compliment the easier single tasks of bounties with more complex "check list" or "adventure map" style tasks of quests.

For some context, Fiona has been one of my favorite additions to the game as of late. I really enjoy having set goals to work towards and long spanning tasks like this give me a strong sense of accomplishment. I think Fiona was the perfect implementation to revitalize the familiar system, so I imagine this working similarly to that. "Here are a bunch of long-term tasks for you to complete on the side for rewards".

Instead of "reach this level of bonding with this set of familiars", followed by, "reach the next level of bonding for the next reward", it'd be "defeat this number of enemies in the Arena", followed by "defeat this number of light enemies in the Arena", building up to "defeat this number of bosses in the Arena", or something like that at least.

I hope that makes sense.

What I meant by "active" and "passive" is better conveyed as "short-term" and "long-term". I was thinking "active" as "this is the new bounty so I'll go out and do it for the next one" vs "passive" as "this quest will take awhile so I'll occasionally chip away at it". In retrospect however, that use of terminology was clunky at best.

Then, by "regularly refreshing", I meant, as you put it, "unlimited", that there'd always be more bounties available and you don't know what the next one'll be, in contrast to the proposed quest system that has a set "path" to progress. Again, clunky wording on my part.

Regarding the purpose of the quest system, I didn't mean that you exchange items, but instead they'd be like several stepped bounties ending with a bigger reward. The idea was to compliment the easier single tasks of bounties with more complex "check list" or "adventure map" style tasks of quests.

For some context, Fiona has been one of my favorite additions to the game as of late. I really enjoy having set goals to work towards and long spanning tasks like this give me a strong sense of accomplishment. I think Fiona was the perfect implementation to revitalize the familiar system, so I imagine this working similarly to that. "Here are a bunch of long-term tasks for you to complete on the side for rewards".

Instead of "reach this level of bonding with this set of familiars", followed by, "reach the next level of bonding for the next reward", it'd be "defeat this number of enemies in the Arena", followed by "defeat this number of light enemies in the Arena", building up to "defeat this number of bosses in the Arena", or something like that at least.

I hope that makes sense.

Signature_zpss7bcoadx.jpg
[quote name="FluffyNiffler" date="2022-03-05 13:49:09" ] Regarding the purpose of the quest system, I didn't mean that you exchange items, but instead they'd be like several stepped bounties ending with a bigger reward. The idea was to compliment the easier single tasks of bounties with more complex "check list" or "adventure map" style tasks of quests. [/quote] neither did i mean that you'd exchange items - more that it's yet another long-term grind for a set reward, which essentially is what all those features (baldwin, swipp, hibden) already do as well. in light of that, and your explanation, i ultimately think that this may be better-suited for an eventual rework and reinstatement of the achievement system since that would still maintain a sense of progression and guidance for newer coli fighters, while also limiting the "go grind in the coli for an indeterminate yet likely long period of time to get this particular reward" stuff to the systems we already have in place. i do appreciate your thoughts & explanation, though!
FluffyNiffler wrote on 2022-03-05 13:49:09:

neither did i mean that you'd exchange items - more that it's yet another long-term grind for a set reward, which essentially is what all those features (baldwin, swipp, hibden) already do as well. in light of that, and your explanation, i ultimately think that this may be better-suited for an eventual rework and reinstatement of the achievement system since that would still maintain a sense of progression and guidance for newer coli fighters, while also limiting the "go grind in the coli for an indeterminate yet likely long period of time to get this particular reward" stuff to the systems we already have in place.

i do appreciate your thoughts & explanation, though!
bkxiiMw.png MlJMkHy.gif bkxiiMw.png bkxiiMw.png
hi! i'm meteor.
check out some of my projects? → or the coliseum bounty npc suggestion!

» the bestiary outfit project
» cross-flight outfit project
» 100x100 bio icons
» accent shop
Yes. SUPPORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes. SUPPORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
fyu120w.png
Head on over to Azmodeus's Cancer Hatchery and buy a Cancer Dragon!
I'm mixed on this idea. On one hand, the only motivation I have to go to the colisuem these days is monthly holidays. On the other, it wouldn't be a great idea for those who can't fight in the coli.
I'm mixed on this idea. On one hand, the only motivation I have to go to the colisuem these days is monthly holidays. On the other, it wouldn't be a great idea for those who can't fight in the coli.
JGnDE4d.gif
[quote name="RadiantAce" date="2022-03-06 00:44:49" ] I'm mixed on this idea. On one hand, the only motivation I have to go to the colisuem these days is monthly holidays. On the other, it wouldn't be a great idea for those who can't fight in the coli. [/quote] there's always going to be people who can't use certain features for whatever reason. the rewards from this intentionally are kept tame — mostly the same standard coli loot with a few special items mixed — and just like already is the case with coli-exclusive items, they can buy those items from other players instead. while i believe you have good intentions and being conscious of other players in this way isn't necessarily a bad thing, it's also important to not let it limit discussion on features that would otherwise be incredibly useful for a majority of players. should staff stop adding and updating venues because it's not fair to those who can't coli? probably not, and they don't seem to be planning on doing that. the intent of this suggestion is also to bring more people to the coliseum who don't use it much otherwise, people like myself who struggle with an endless-seeming grind and need smaller, extremely manageable goals to work towards. ideally, while the suggestion won't magically make everyone able to coli, it should at least make the experience more comfortable for a number of players who struggle with things like motivation :)
RadiantAce wrote on 2022-03-06 00:44:49:
there's always going to be people who can't use certain features for whatever reason. the rewards from this intentionally are kept tame — mostly the same standard coli loot with a few special items mixed — and just like already is the case with coli-exclusive items, they can buy those items from other players instead.

while i believe you have good intentions and being conscious of other players in this way isn't necessarily a bad thing, it's also important to not let it limit discussion on features that would otherwise be incredibly useful for a majority of players. should staff stop adding and updating venues because it's not fair to those who can't coli? probably not, and they don't seem to be planning on doing that.

the intent of this suggestion is also to bring more people to the coliseum who don't use it much otherwise, people like myself who struggle with an endless-seeming grind and need smaller, extremely manageable goals to work towards. ideally, while the suggestion won't magically make everyone able to coli, it should at least make the experience more comfortable for a number of players who struggle with things like motivation :)
hi! i'm meteor.

» 100x100 bio icons
» accent shop
I definitely support this idea- bls staff we're beggin'

I do have a question tho, and maybe I missed this because I started skimming after page ~18 but, if someone where to have multiple coli teams would the quests be limited to the "active" team you have on [as marked by the shields in the lair]? or would it encompass all your dragons in the active lair and pin them to the highest levels?

I do have a question tho, and maybe I missed this because I started skimming after page ~18 but, if someone where to have multiple coli teams would the quests be limited to the "active" team you have on [as marked by the shields in the lair]? or would it encompass all your dragons in the active lair and pin them to the highest levels?
H605BRf.png
[quote name="Glitchtrap" date="2022-03-18 12:06:19" ] I definitely support this idea- bls staff we're beggin' I do have a question tho, and maybe I missed this because I started skimming after page ~18 but, if someone where to have multiple coli teams would the quests be limited to the "active" team you have on [as marked by the shields in the lair]? or would it encompass all your dragons in the active lair and pin them to the highest levels? [/quote] my idea was that it'd be based on the 3 highest-level dragons you have in your lair! though of course there's a lot of room for balancing with this aspect - i wanted to avoid only checking the active team, since that would very likely lead to people swapping teams to farm low-level bounties (taking away from the randomness and variety in grinding this feature's meant to promote) & the bounty skips, to me, seem good enough of a solution to help those people whose strongest dragons are underpowered for their level. but again, there's a lot of room for balancing - i don't have any data on how much/with what dragons people engage with the coliseum, so if underpowered dragons are a common problem then another solution would probably be warranted.
Glitchtrap wrote on 2022-03-18 12:06:19:

my idea was that it'd be based on the 3 highest-level dragons you have in your lair! though of course there's a lot of room for balancing with this aspect - i wanted to avoid only checking the active team, since that would very likely lead to people swapping teams to farm low-level bounties (taking away from the randomness and variety in grinding this feature's meant to promote) & the bounty skips, to me, seem good enough of a solution to help those people whose strongest dragons are underpowered for their level.

but again, there's a lot of room for balancing - i don't have any data on how much/with what dragons people engage with the coliseum, so if underpowered dragons are a common problem then another solution would probably be warranted.
hi! i'm meteor.

» 100x100 bio icons
» accent shop
Definitely support! The coli is both lucrative and a bit mind-numbing at times. Being able to do bounties makes it more engaging for someone like me, as it gives manageable milestones (and happy brain chemicals once those milestones are complete).
Definitely support! The coli is both lucrative and a bit mind-numbing at times. Being able to do bounties makes it more engaging for someone like me, as it gives manageable milestones (and happy brain chemicals once those milestones are complete).
tumblr_inline_nwui6x4Zpo1t7d5o3_500.gif
This is such a cool idea!!
This is such a cool idea!!

Art dragons for sale! - - ->
test_3_.png
1 2 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 50 51