Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Feeling bad about dom (vent)
1 2 3 4 5
Dominance is not the only point to the game, not everyone participates. I sure don't. I'm way too lazy for that, lol. So maybe you should come on over to Shadow for a visit. If you participated just a smidge during dom pushes it would probably do wonders for our Flight and if you didn't? Would be no big deal.

You do you. Whatever makes you happiest, do more of that. I highly doubt anyone in your flight would give you any fuss for taking a break either. If they did then send 'em my way, I'll set 'em straight~ *cracks knuckles*
Dominance is not the only point to the game, not everyone participates. I sure don't. I'm way too lazy for that, lol. So maybe you should come on over to Shadow for a visit. If you participated just a smidge during dom pushes it would probably do wonders for our Flight and if you didn't? Would be no big deal.

You do you. Whatever makes you happiest, do more of that. I highly doubt anyone in your flight would give you any fuss for taking a break either. If they did then send 'em my way, I'll set 'em straight~ *cracks knuckles*
sJmKU07.gifa8FvSEr.png9dYW39C.png
hi! i'm a wind dominance organizer, and one of those people with tens of thousands of tickets already.

it's 200% okay to participate in dom at your own pace. take as many breaks as you need. skip out on pushes entirely. it's okay and understandable to be tired. i very rarely partake in pushes myself. exalting? i barely know her.

and, when you do choose to take part, remember: every dragon counts! only exalt one dragon? fantastic! cheer from the sidelines? wonderful!

as people have said, preparation can be key. can, because i've hosted raffles and seen users with one (1) ticket win first place. you never know!

(& the payout this week will go up. i imagine there is just a first day price freeze. so hang on to any of your dragons you want to send in until later! then you can still make a nice profit despite the fodder floor being high.)

don't let people make you feel like you're not doing enough. this is a game! have fun, however that may be for you.
hi! i'm a wind dominance organizer, and one of those people with tens of thousands of tickets already.

it's 200% okay to participate in dom at your own pace. take as many breaks as you need. skip out on pushes entirely. it's okay and understandable to be tired. i very rarely partake in pushes myself. exalting? i barely know her.

and, when you do choose to take part, remember: every dragon counts! only exalt one dragon? fantastic! cheer from the sidelines? wonderful!

as people have said, preparation can be key. can, because i've hosted raffles and seen users with one (1) ticket win first place. you never know!

(& the payout this week will go up. i imagine there is just a first day price freeze. so hang on to any of your dragons you want to send in until later! then you can still make a nice profit despite the fodder floor being high.)

don't let people make you feel like you're not doing enough. this is a game! have fun, however that may be for you.
a stylized dayjar - restore hoardsold items.
- maki's festival guide & event calendar.
- uncheck "hoard... while scrolling" to unsticky your hoard.
- buying an apparel slot for a dragon unlocks it for all of your dragons.
Fun facts: I have basically not contributed at all to any of the dom stuff recently. Maybe a couple fodder when I feel like it. You're not pulling anyone down, every tiny bit helps. Take a breather, it's okay. The point is to have fun.

I don't even have space for a hundred dragons and I've been on the site for 6 years, going on 7 in December. Granted I did take a big hiatus, but man I understand the burnout. I used to do so much and now I do so little, but I have way more fun now than I did back then.
Fun facts: I have basically not contributed at all to any of the dom stuff recently. Maybe a couple fodder when I feel like it. You're not pulling anyone down, every tiny bit helps. Take a breather, it's okay. The point is to have fun.

I don't even have space for a hundred dragons and I've been on the site for 6 years, going on 7 in December. Granted I did take a big hiatus, but man I understand the burnout. I used to do so much and now I do so little, but I have way more fun now than I did back then.
lik2pA1X.jpg
I normally exalt a few dragons every week.

If I know there will be a push soon, I hold onto the dragons I would have exalted in the previous couple of weeks until it starts, so that they count for Dom instead of not counting.

And that's how I contribute. That's it. :D
I normally exalt a few dragons every week.

If I know there will be a push soon, I hold onto the dragons I would have exalted in the previous couple of weeks until it starts, so that they count for Dom instead of not counting.

And that's how I contribute. That's it. :D
tumblr_inline_nhxp29cBNA1qcphlu.png
Buying an additional apparel slot
unlocks it for ALL your dragons,
not just one!
*Waves* A lot of people have said wonderful things, and tossed tips out there, so figured I'd flop in here and add in. :)

I'll start off by saying don't feel bad; everyone has different limits, we're all human and in the end it's just a game. :)

I often, and very easily get burned out; I take breaks every few years, and sometimes for a year or so at a time. If you need time to yourself, for your mental and physical wellbeing, take it. If you can't participate in every single dom push, don't. It's not worth the damage to you. *hugs* Do things that are fun for you, lore - dressing dragons - just chatting on the forums - only coming on to do dailies. Anything as long as it's something you find fun & enjoy, then it's worth it.

If it becomes a chore, just take a break - only you will know for how long. Don't let what others say get to you (and I hope people aren't picking on you for not participating as much; there are so many people that don't do any sort of dominance or coli activities, and you have just as much of a right to follow that path for as long as you want, too).

A lot of the people with a massive amount of tickets either boarded the pushing flights fodder (& sometimes the pushing flights permas), or they pre-leveled on their own time over months and put as much as they could into their hibernal and lair. :)

I sent in 250(?) or so pre-leveled dragons, but I did that leveling over months with very short coli bursts. I didn't participate in a good bit of dom while I was casually leveling and stocking, and I would take a week off if I felt dread of hopping into the coliseum.

On top of that; I ended up buying 30 adult dragons awhile ago, all plentiful breeds, so I could have 5 nests going at all times. It pays for itself after a short while, and helped me be able to slowly invest in more fodder. ^^; Even if you can't level them, you can sell the hatchlings at fodder floor (or let them age up to adults, and list at fodder floor for adults). It becomes a small bit of passive income for a few min of just incubating the nests, and listing them.

Leave, mute, or block anyone that makes you feel bad for not doing something that should be, and is, optional. If it's just discussion in general, avoid the those areas for your own wellbeing till you feel better; If I'm feeling bad and I indulge my curiosity with a certain topic that I know often will encourage my feelings, it sets a mood for the whole day (and sometimes days) and continues in a loop until I remove myself for a bit. ^^;

Sorry for the wall, I tried to explain to the best of my ability, but I sometimes ramble and I'm not quite clear. xD
*Waves* A lot of people have said wonderful things, and tossed tips out there, so figured I'd flop in here and add in. :)

I'll start off by saying don't feel bad; everyone has different limits, we're all human and in the end it's just a game. :)

I often, and very easily get burned out; I take breaks every few years, and sometimes for a year or so at a time. If you need time to yourself, for your mental and physical wellbeing, take it. If you can't participate in every single dom push, don't. It's not worth the damage to you. *hugs* Do things that are fun for you, lore - dressing dragons - just chatting on the forums - only coming on to do dailies. Anything as long as it's something you find fun & enjoy, then it's worth it.

If it becomes a chore, just take a break - only you will know for how long. Don't let what others say get to you (and I hope people aren't picking on you for not participating as much; there are so many people that don't do any sort of dominance or coli activities, and you have just as much of a right to follow that path for as long as you want, too).

A lot of the people with a massive amount of tickets either boarded the pushing flights fodder (& sometimes the pushing flights permas), or they pre-leveled on their own time over months and put as much as they could into their hibernal and lair. :)

I sent in 250(?) or so pre-leveled dragons, but I did that leveling over months with very short coli bursts. I didn't participate in a good bit of dom while I was casually leveling and stocking, and I would take a week off if I felt dread of hopping into the coliseum.

On top of that; I ended up buying 30 adult dragons awhile ago, all plentiful breeds, so I could have 5 nests going at all times. It pays for itself after a short while, and helped me be able to slowly invest in more fodder. ^^; Even if you can't level them, you can sell the hatchlings at fodder floor (or let them age up to adults, and list at fodder floor for adults). It becomes a small bit of passive income for a few min of just incubating the nests, and listing them.

Leave, mute, or block anyone that makes you feel bad for not doing something that should be, and is, optional. If it's just discussion in general, avoid the those areas for your own wellbeing till you feel better; If I'm feeling bad and I indulge my curiosity with a certain topic that I know often will encourage my feelings, it sets a mood for the whole day (and sometimes days) and continues in a loop until I remove myself for a bit. ^^;

Sorry for the wall, I tried to explain to the best of my ability, but I sometimes ramble and I'm not quite clear. xD
Rare-Angel.png Karu | She/Her, FR+3
Like what everybody else said (and probably 100% better than me), take care of urself, FR can be played casually and still remain enjoyable! You might have dedicated yourself to Dominance because it helps you feel like you're helping your Flight, or it was just something fun that gradually stooped to the point it got to rn. Either way, take a break from FR, it sounds like you need it. When/if you get back to FR, I'd say skip Dominance and try focusing on something else (trust me u won't miss out on much), if you still feel like you still want to participate, try out Dominance, nobody is stopping you, try it out again, albeit at a much slower pace.
Like what everybody else said (and probably 100% better than me), take care of urself, FR can be played casually and still remain enjoyable! You might have dedicated yourself to Dominance because it helps you feel like you're helping your Flight, or it was just something fun that gradually stooped to the point it got to rn. Either way, take a break from FR, it sounds like you need it. When/if you get back to FR, I'd say skip Dominance and try focusing on something else (trust me u won't miss out on much), if you still feel like you still want to participate, try out Dominance, nobody is stopping you, try it out again, albeit at a much slower pace.
ArtFight-Art Gallery-Adopts

• Timezone is GMT

• Always happy to chat :)
OP, I know it's easy to say "don't worry about it", but this time you really should not be worrying about it. If people see value in a person based on how much they grind, detach yourself from them asap. Seriously, you are not less worthy because you don't exalt often or contribute to Dominance. I know you might be feeling down if that's something you care about, but I can say from personal experience that not everyone participates in this. There are people who have a ton of concentration, patience and time, none of which I have. I do my own set of grinding, I hate levelling up fodder, I don't care about Dominance - so I don't do it. And there's no guilt in it! Enjoy this game how YOU want to enjoy it, don't let others decide that for you.

Good lucc, fam :^)
OP, I know it's easy to say "don't worry about it", but this time you really should not be worrying about it. If people see value in a person based on how much they grind, detach yourself from them asap. Seriously, you are not less worthy because you don't exalt often or contribute to Dominance. I know you might be feeling down if that's something you care about, but I can say from personal experience that not everyone participates in this. There are people who have a ton of concentration, patience and time, none of which I have. I do my own set of grinding, I hate levelling up fodder, I don't care about Dominance - so I don't do it. And there's no guilt in it! Enjoy this game how YOU want to enjoy it, don't let others decide that for you.

Good lucc, fam :^)
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
Play the game in a way that's fun to you, you can easily ignore any type of event. :)

My lair and my treasure is also a constant source of pain to me, but if I ever get overwhelmed by Flight Rising I either check out another site for a bit or just do something more relaxing irl like drawing. It's perfectly fine to do a mini hiatus for a day or two, you don't owe the site anything and you don't owe other players anything.

If you're wondering how others "excel", personally I sell anything I don't need (I grinded for hibden tasks and now I have like 40 left, so I can sell most material), I buy gems via PayPal (earned through beermoney). Half of my riches came from gifts actually, people are very generous if you show them kindness socially. I'm sure the thread also had a lot of positive things happen to you, most of us want to make the experience more positive for others as well.

The other half of my riches that I like to gamble away on eggs came from familiar bonding. It takes some time, you'll need 88 days to awaken a familiar, but you can sell every gilded chest for 40 gems and if you awaken an easy 700 familiars that's a nice 28,000 gems for you to invest in. A lot of things on FR are slow burns. I usually make 100 gems per day, anything else is an anomaly or me selling old stuff.

But you don't need to be that kind of user, or any kind of user, just have fun.
Play the game in a way that's fun to you, you can easily ignore any type of event. :)

My lair and my treasure is also a constant source of pain to me, but if I ever get overwhelmed by Flight Rising I either check out another site for a bit or just do something more relaxing irl like drawing. It's perfectly fine to do a mini hiatus for a day or two, you don't owe the site anything and you don't owe other players anything.

If you're wondering how others "excel", personally I sell anything I don't need (I grinded for hibden tasks and now I have like 40 left, so I can sell most material), I buy gems via PayPal (earned through beermoney). Half of my riches came from gifts actually, people are very generous if you show them kindness socially. I'm sure the thread also had a lot of positive things happen to you, most of us want to make the experience more positive for others as well.

The other half of my riches that I like to gamble away on eggs came from familiar bonding. It takes some time, you'll need 88 days to awaken a familiar, but you can sell every gilded chest for 40 gems and if you awaken an easy 700 familiars that's a nice 28,000 gems for you to invest in. A lot of things on FR are slow burns. I usually make 100 gems per day, anything else is an anomaly or me selling old stuff.

But you don't need to be that kind of user, or any kind of user, just have fun.
ytkEBod.pngJkqGYr7.pngvZmPWxA.pnga129Nss.pngAQPJNOh.png5hF3FGk.png
Back just because I know you are in ice's discord server and everyone is all super excited and hyped up about dom right now but I promise you everyone in ice dom would rather you take care of yourself than push yourself too far. You dont need to exalt 70 dragons to be a good icicle, the only requirement for being a good icicle is to be kind to yourself and others, and knowing your own limits is an important part of that. You are much more important than a game [emoji=familiar heart size=1] [emoji=cat 2 size=1]
Back just because I know you are in ice's discord server and everyone is all super excited and hyped up about dom right now but

I promise you everyone in ice dom would rather you take care of yourself than push yourself too far. You dont need to exalt 70 dragons to be a good icicle, the only requirement for being a good icicle is to be kind to yourself and others, and knowing your own limits is an important part of that.

You are much more important than a game
WpjbI2U.gif
squid/winter | FR+3 | they/them | spelled squidra-gon (like octagon)
Remember, you don't need to push yourself! You only need to play the game in a way that's fun to you ^^ for example, I could really care less about dom, I'm just taking this as a opportunity to clean out my lair while fodder prices are still high <3
Remember, you don't need to push yourself! You only need to play the game in a way that's fun to you ^^ for example, I could really care less about dom, I'm just taking this as a opportunity to clean out my lair while fodder prices are still high <3
oN0doZI.gif

SilverRipple
Female ~ She/They
FR+15 hrs
1 2 3 4 5