Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Feeling bad about dom (vent)
1 2 3 4 5
(Water Dom Org) The people who send out or exalt hundreds of dragons are outliers! When you're active in dom communities you run into more people like that than usual and it can seem like the norm to spend all day in the coliseum. (The coli is boring, trust me it's not the norm LOL) Most people have mentioned that it's always okay to take a break and do whatever you find fun, but just to give you my perspective as one of those weirdos who exalted over 1000 dragons today - I don't even think about people "not doing enough". Like not once, not during a push, not ever. Dom bank donations of 10kt and 1 million t get the same thanks message. It's meant to be something that you engage with at your own pace and it just makes me happy that anyone wants to be involved!! [emoji=familiar heart size=1] Do whatever you want! If you want to make money, there's ways to make it. If you just wanna look at the memes on dom watch that's fine too. After this battle I'm literally going off the grid for a few days because that's how I deal with it, haha.
(Water Dom Org)

The people who send out or exalt hundreds of dragons are outliers! When you're active in dom communities you run into more people like that than usual and it can seem like the norm to spend all day in the coliseum. (The coli is boring, trust me it's not the norm LOL)

Most people have mentioned that it's always okay to take a break and do whatever you find fun, but just to give you my perspective as one of those weirdos who exalted over 1000 dragons today - I don't even think about people "not doing enough". Like not once, not during a push, not ever. Dom bank donations of 10kt and 1 million t get the same thanks message. It's meant to be something that you engage with at your own pace and it just makes me happy that anyone wants to be involved!!

Do whatever you want! If you want to make money, there's ways to make it. If you just wanna look at the memes on dom watch that's fine too. After this battle I'm literally going off the grid for a few days because that's how I deal with it, haha.
Na5WGHa.png
Definitely take a breather! If you're not having fun then you shouldn't be forcing yourself to go go go if it's just burning you out and you're getting no enjoyment whatsoever. Don't know if this makes you feel better but as a fellow icicle I'm not involved in dom so it's not like you're the only one who wouldn't be doing anything if you took a break for you.

Big battles are rarer nowadays but it's not worth it to stress yourself out. It's okay to not be having fun with it. There's always another time or smaller battles you can help out with. Sometimes everything just happens all at once and it's too much. You can work at your own pace and contribute where you can and maybe in the future you'll have the spoons to go all out! Unless you've specifically promised someone else dragons or money that you need to get and don't have, I promise you're not letting anyone down. Every little bit counts even if you're not being Maximum Efficient about it.
Definitely take a breather! If you're not having fun then you shouldn't be forcing yourself to go go go if it's just burning you out and you're getting no enjoyment whatsoever. Don't know if this makes you feel better but as a fellow icicle I'm not involved in dom so it's not like you're the only one who wouldn't be doing anything if you took a break for you.

Big battles are rarer nowadays but it's not worth it to stress yourself out. It's okay to not be having fun with it. There's always another time or smaller battles you can help out with. Sometimes everything just happens all at once and it's too much. You can work at your own pace and contribute where you can and maybe in the future you'll have the spoons to go all out! Unless you've specifically promised someone else dragons or money that you need to get and don't have, I promise you're not letting anyone down. Every little bit counts even if you're not being Maximum Efficient about it.
cg6Ogwx.pngc76891238bc7cd166aeb215c480467c97a9ca8f1.png866GSCw.png
@RosaTheRad
I'd like to say that if anyone attacks you or tries to guilt-trip you because you're not putting your entire cupboard of spoons into leveling pixels, they've got some backwards thinking.

FR is just a game, there's no need for you to exhaust yourself for the sake of some pixels, just do what you want to whenever you have the energy for it.
As someone with a chronic disease that leaves me unable to exalt/train as much as other people do and have done..some really bad choices in terms of dom just to "keep up" with others (at the cost of my body taking the consequences for weeks after) I can safely say that your health goes first. Always.

There's no actual race here, you don't have to "keep up" with others. You do as you please at your own pace, there will be more battles in the future so don't beat yourself up over being too tired for this one. It's okay to rest, it's okay to take breaks whenever you want/need to. It is okay to do nothing.
@RosaTheRad
I'd like to say that if anyone attacks you or tries to guilt-trip you because you're not putting your entire cupboard of spoons into leveling pixels, they've got some backwards thinking.

FR is just a game, there's no need for you to exhaust yourself for the sake of some pixels, just do what you want to whenever you have the energy for it.
As someone with a chronic disease that leaves me unable to exalt/train as much as other people do and have done..some really bad choices in terms of dom just to "keep up" with others (at the cost of my body taking the consequences for weeks after) I can safely say that your health goes first. Always.

There's no actual race here, you don't have to "keep up" with others. You do as you please at your own pace, there will be more battles in the future so don't beat yourself up over being too tired for this one. It's okay to rest, it's okay to take breaks whenever you want/need to. It is okay to do nothing.
Always buying
Abyss/Gloom/X
Gen Ones.
Feel free to PM 8.png
wsTw09i.png
*Wishlist
*Art Shop
*Adoptables
*Skins/Accents
3R1xnew.pnglq7TbRo.png
[quote name="RosaTheRad" date="2021-08-01 18:41:26" ] @/AltMixie I really, really needed to hear that. Thank you. [/quote] just glad i could help, i know how to deal with burn outs and take care of myself and im just happy i could help someone else with that advice
RosaTheRad wrote on 2021-08-01 18:41:26:
@/AltMixie I really, really needed to hear that. Thank you.
just glad i could help, i know how to deal with burn outs and take care of myself and im just happy i could help someone else with that advice
J6W6Pav.png TRIX
They/Them
FR + 2

7A9FlOQ.gif tumblr_osrbsneh5V1v8lm95o3_r1_75sq.gif Please let me know if anything on my account / forum posts is inaccessible! Accessibility is my highest priority.
Do take care of yourself. Dom isn't everything and you don't have to participate, even if you said you would. Flight Rising is a game and if you're not having fun, then there's no point. No one's going to hound you for not participating or slacking off, so do take a break and don't drive yourself to exhaustion.
Do take care of yourself. Dom isn't everything and you don't have to participate, even if you said you would. Flight Rising is a game and if you're not having fun, then there's no point. No one's going to hound you for not participating or slacking off, so do take a break and don't drive yourself to exhaustion.
S O K O L
knowledge of comprehension, benevolence, and aesthetics | active | slowly revamping
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx
ToxrvHn.gif
@RosaTheRad

If you want I can send you over some pre-leveled level 10 dragons. I've been preparing for this dom battle for awhile so have plenty of fodder stored and ready to go.
@RosaTheRad

If you want I can send you over some pre-leveled level 10 dragons. I've been preparing for this dom battle for awhile so have plenty of fodder stored and ready to go.
I gotta be honest, i love when my flight wins dom, but honestly? I don't participate. It's too exhausting for me and I only level up dragons that I don't want to sell or that are permas in my lair (and even that is rare). I'm perpetually broke, rn my treasure is 6k and I have no gems lol but I love writing the lore of my dragons, even if is just snippets and dressing them up, breeding cute hatchlings and getting attached lol I'm totally a casual player, but this doesn't makes me useless, and just because you can't exalt a whole lot of dragons doesn't mean that one or two that you do exalt doesn't make a difference, what's the point of exhausting yourself pushing so hard that the game is not fun anymore? Games are meant to be fun, remember that and screw what others say.
I gotta be honest, i love when my flight wins dom, but honestly? I don't participate. It's too exhausting for me and I only level up dragons that I don't want to sell or that are permas in my lair (and even that is rare). I'm perpetually broke, rn my treasure is 6k and I have no gems lol but I love writing the lore of my dragons, even if is just snippets and dressing them up, breeding cute hatchlings and getting attached lol I'm totally a casual player, but this doesn't makes me useless, and just because you can't exalt a whole lot of dragons doesn't mean that one or two that you do exalt doesn't make a difference, what's the point of exhausting yourself pushing so hard that the game is not fun anymore? Games are meant to be fun, remember that and screw what others say.
SIG-02.png
It's a game, there's nothing to be ashamed about. Don't do things that aren't fun for you, there's no REAL obligation here.
It's a game, there's nothing to be ashamed about. Don't do things that aren't fun for you, there's no REAL obligation here.
bVVJNGR.png
In Lightning? Join VOLT Teams! Ask me about it!
I think it is also worth pointing out that most of the people with huge ticket counts have been saving up for months and didnt just suddenly materialize 300 dragons in one day. Or are just having a good week. I have a lot of tickets but this is not normal for me at all. I have probably trained more this week than in the last year and will sink into my den after this week to take a 4 month fr nap. I havent exalted anything in like 6 months up until this lol

Definitely sit out if you are feeling overwhelmed. Even as someone who organizes dom stuff, I dont participate in actual exalting in every push or most pushes to be quite honest. My flight rising habits are much more "I do a ton for two weeks when I hyperfixate on fr and then I dont do more than check my pings for the next 6 months and then repeat."

It is a game after all, if you aren't having fun you can focus on things you do find fun. Dom just happens to be the one thing some people find fun, but for other people that thing might be breeding projects or gen1s or just chilling.
I think it is also worth pointing out that most of the people with huge ticket counts have been saving up for months and didnt just suddenly materialize 300 dragons in one day. Or are just having a good week. I have a lot of tickets but this is not normal for me at all. I have probably trained more this week than in the last year and will sink into my den after this week to take a 4 month fr nap. I havent exalted anything in like 6 months up until this lol

Definitely sit out if you are feeling overwhelmed. Even as someone who organizes dom stuff, I dont participate in actual exalting in every push or most pushes to be quite honest. My flight rising habits are much more "I do a ton for two weeks when I hyperfixate on fr and then I dont do more than check my pings for the next 6 months and then repeat."

It is a game after all, if you aren't having fun you can focus on things you do find fun. Dom just happens to be the one thing some people find fun, but for other people that thing might be breeding projects or gen1s or just chilling.
WpjbI2U.gif
squid/winter | FR+3 | they/them | spelled squidra-gon (like octagon)
@rosatherad

At least you feel bad about not supporting dom xD

I really don’t exalt dragons at all for dom, only for profit, and I only choose the flight for the aesthetic.

I don’t think I could be as dedicated as those others. So don’t feel bad. Not everyone supports dom pushes
@rosatherad

At least you feel bad about not supporting dom xD

I really don’t exalt dragons at all for dom, only for profit, and I only choose the flight for the aesthetic.

I don’t think I could be as dedicated as those others. So don’t feel bad. Not everyone supports dom pushes
QFXpYkj.png
1 2 3 4 5