Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | If its two-head Plague/Nature
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I saw the "right head" as wings, just perhaps less damaged than the other.
It could also still be plague-only with two heads, just different skull shapes, maybe.

[on a sidenote, I've personally never had problem with the shared lore and even themes of plague/nature, they are both life after all, and we all got to read about the flight we joined & are free to change to another. am i alone with this? anyone else appreciate the unique bonded elements of plague and nature? you can't get that in any other flight. <3]
It could also still be plague-only with two heads, just different skull shapes, maybe.

[on a sidenote, I've personally never had problem with the shared lore and even themes of plague/nature, they are both life after all, and we all got to read about the flight we joined & are free to change to another. am i alone with this? anyone else appreciate the unique bonded elements of plague and nature? you can't get that in any other flight. <3]
[quote name="NorthSong" date="2021-07-30 18:09:25" ] Thrilled to hear that we don't have to share an ancient like we did the story ;w; Now, what WOULD be rad if they wanted to play up the plague/nature symbiosis thing would be incorporating that into the line-breaking terts- like, having a tert for the nature ancient be like, I dunno, tert-colored fungal growths, or Plague-y pustules. Or for the Plague ancient, something more naturey like Blossom or Branches as options in their tert suites. [/quote] Now THIS. THIS I like. I’m gonna be super disappointed now if this doesn’t happen with their ancients, oh no. [quote name="PlagueMaw" date="2021-07-30 20:01:47" ] I saw the "right head" as wings, just perhaps less damaged than the other. It could also still be plague-only with two heads, just different skull shapes, maybe. [on a sidenote, I've personally never had problem with the shared lore and even themes of plague/nature, they are both life after all, and we all got to read about the flight we joined & are free to change to another. am i alone with this? anyone else appreciate the unique bonded elements of plague and nature? you can't get that in any other flight. <3] [/quote] As a former Nature flight member of a couple years, I can see both sides. When I was in my home flight it definitely felt a lot more symbiotic and an innate part of our identity, but now that I’ve been out of the flight for a couple years, I tend to get more annoyed at Nature being constantly linked with Plague. A large number of members from both flights have made it clear they want some more individuality, and I can’t blame them. The aesthetics are so completely opposite, and forcing them together all the time sucks. Personally, a lot of the plague aesthetics turn my stomach, and even when I was in Nature and more chill about our sisterhood, I still didn’t like seeing plague aesthetics. I’m sure plaguelings feel similarly about Nature (though maybe not necessarily [i]grossed out[/i], just annoyed). Ultimately, I can appreciate the relation that the two flights have to each other. It’s unique to them, no other flights or deities are as linked. I think [s]we’re[/s] they’re lucky in that way. However, I also believe that the flights should be able to get separate things before ever being forced to have combined things.
NorthSong wrote on 2021-07-30 18:09:25:
Thrilled to hear that we don't have to share an ancient like we did the story ;w;

Now, what WOULD be rad if they wanted to play up the plague/nature symbiosis thing would be incorporating that into the line-breaking terts- like, having a tert for the nature ancient be like, I dunno, tert-colored fungal growths, or Plague-y pustules. Or for the Plague ancient, something more naturey like Blossom or Branches as options in their tert suites.

Now THIS. THIS I like. I’m gonna be super disappointed now if this doesn’t happen with their ancients, oh no.
PlagueMaw wrote on 2021-07-30 20:01:47:

As a former Nature flight member of a couple years, I can see both sides. When I was in my home flight it definitely felt a lot more symbiotic and an innate part of our identity, but now that I’ve been out of the flight for a couple years, I tend to get more annoyed at Nature being constantly linked with Plague. A large number of members from both flights have made it clear they want some more individuality, and I can’t blame them. The aesthetics are so completely opposite, and forcing them together all the time sucks. Personally, a lot of the plague aesthetics turn my stomach, and even when I was in Nature and more chill about our sisterhood, I still didn’t like seeing plague aesthetics. I’m sure plaguelings feel similarly about Nature (though maybe not necessarily grossed out, just annoyed). Ultimately, I can appreciate the relation that the two flights have to each other. It’s unique to them, no other flights or deities are as linked. I think we’re they’re lucky in that way. However, I also believe that the flights should be able to get separate things before ever being forced to have combined things.
WM9x0r4.pngpansexual2.png Sapphic.pngTdWf5vx.png
One of the designers already clarified that they won't be combining flights for the new breed, no worries.
One of the designers already clarified that they won't be combining flights for the new breed, no worries.
5zz5ryZ.gif
Ngl, this title made my blood run cold because I hadn't even considered it, haha. It's an interesting idea! But I'm glad for the dev assurance that it won't be the case.
Ngl, this title made my blood run cold because I hadn't even considered it, haha. It's an interesting idea! But I'm glad for the dev assurance that it won't be the case.
FSjGDWP.png
Current Avatar • Feel free to ping me!
The Mouse Has Spoken!
The Mouse Has Spoken!
899b13958bd8dd6201cfc8808fbe7689b2ce2e3d.png
FbBE7dN.png
bYt72YT.png
y2UYCzJ.png
a69iToJ.png
mlHpBMC.png
Ap2AjBP.gif
o090-d01-Sinornis.pngo090-d02-Sinornis.pngo090-d03-Sinornis.pngo090-d04-Sinornis.pngo090-d05-Sinornis.png
I personally want our ancients to be separate. Nature's only dragon is a gem breed, which means it's hard for us to actually access our own dragons without paying a hefty amount for it. I think Plague dragons should be awesome and Plague-y, and Nature should be really interesting and reflect our flight.

I think I'm just a bit worried, though. Plague, if the Ancient is Plague (And I'm really sure it is, given how tattered the wings are, which screams Plaguebringer) has a really nice Ancient and even exalt pillar.

My concern is that Nature's Ancient isn't going to have every effort made to make it really reflect our flight. There's more to Nature than leaves and tree stumps. Like I want something really wild and different for our flight (You could get away with wingless dragons, really, given Gladekeeper is wingless) and I'm scared that people won't try riskier designs for us.
I personally want our ancients to be separate. Nature's only dragon is a gem breed, which means it's hard for us to actually access our own dragons without paying a hefty amount for it. I think Plague dragons should be awesome and Plague-y, and Nature should be really interesting and reflect our flight.

I think I'm just a bit worried, though. Plague, if the Ancient is Plague (And I'm really sure it is, given how tattered the wings are, which screams Plaguebringer) has a really nice Ancient and even exalt pillar.

My concern is that Nature's Ancient isn't going to have every effort made to make it really reflect our flight. There's more to Nature than leaves and tree stumps. Like I want something really wild and different for our flight (You could get away with wingless dragons, really, given Gladekeeper is wingless) and I'm scared that people won't try riskier designs for us.
FfsFHyt.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7