Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | If its two-head Plague/Nature
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
im not a fan of this idea. hopefully the devs know better, if its a hybrid breed both flights will probably be extremely disappointed. Id much rather each flight receives their own individual ancient.
im not a fan of this idea. hopefully the devs know better, if its a hybrid breed both flights will probably be extremely disappointed. Id much rather each flight receives their own individual ancient.
[quote name="wbicepuppy" date="2021-07-30 10:34:31" ] Thing is, the BOTE lore already has the two elements linked, and so far, the ancients seem to be linked to the events. Much as I understand plague and nature's unhappiness, it only makes sense that it goes this way. In the future, of course, there's no reason why they shouldn't have their own thing going on. [/quote] It's been years since that story was released. The devs definitely had time to pick up on Plague and Nature users wanting their identities to be distinct from each other. Like others ahve said, Wildclaws are already like, semi-shared, Nature deserves its own unique ancient breed too.
wbicepuppy wrote on 2021-07-30 10:34:31:
Thing is, the BOTE lore already has the two elements linked, and so far, the ancients seem to be linked to the events. Much as I understand plague and nature's unhappiness, it only makes sense that it goes this way.

In the future, of course, there's no reason why they shouldn't have their own thing going on.

It's been years since that story was released. The devs definitely had time to pick up on Plague and Nature users wanting their identities to be distinct from each other. Like others ahve said, Wildclaws are already like, semi-shared, Nature deserves its own unique ancient breed too.
As a Nature clan, I really hope it's not a combined breed for us. If they want to do something like that after both flights get their own breed, I'd be more okay with it. But not before. If it's combined, that will put both Nature and Plague at the end of the list for receiving a new breed since there's other flights that still only have one. Which is extremely unfair when it's a shared breed and we have to wait even longer to finally get one of our own.

Plague and Nature both deserve to shine on their own
As a Nature clan, I really hope it's not a combined breed for us. If they want to do something like that after both flights get their own breed, I'd be more okay with it. But not before. If it's combined, that will put both Nature and Plague at the end of the list for receiving a new breed since there's other flights that still only have one. Which is extremely unfair when it's a shared breed and we have to wait even longer to finally get one of our own.

Plague and Nature both deserve to shine on their own
T2dQwoe.png jGUvBrP.png
It certainly does seem to be feathery on one side and Plague-like on the other. But it might not necessarily be created by/associated with both. Like maybe the Plaguebringer tried to make something that could blend into the Gladekeeper's domain as a spy, but something went wrong when it was exposed to her latest sickness creation. Or we could all be wrong and this is an Arcane breed. It kinda reminds me of the Webwings: [item=Emerald Webwing][item=Ruby Webwing] [quote]Warped by arcane energies, this twisted bird bears little resemblance to its parents. All its eyes are looking in different directions. [/quote] [quote]This hummingbird never stops growing. Pray that it is not altered any further.[/quote]
It certainly does seem to be feathery on one side and Plague-like on the other. But it might not necessarily be created by/associated with both. Like maybe the Plaguebringer tried to make something that could blend into the Gladekeeper's domain as a spy, but something went wrong when it was exposed to her latest sickness creation.

Or we could all be wrong and this is an Arcane breed. It kinda reminds me of the Webwings:

Emerald Webwing Ruby Webwing
Quote:
Warped by arcane energies, this twisted bird bears little resemblance to its parents. All its eyes are looking in different directions.
Quote:
This hummingbird never stops growing. Pray that it is not altered any further.
[quote name="EarthTiger" date="2021-07-30 10:49:03" ] @Kapow They mean that the encyclopedia entry for Wildclaws states that a large portion of their population lives in Plague, because their behaviours are very similar to Plague Flight's mindset of the strong surviving. So already, Nature and Plague are forced to be connected. [quote]This species has begun to expand into new domains, the most notable of which is The Wandering Contagion.[/quote] [quote]Wildclaw hierarchy revolves around physical might and hunting prowess. A dragon's station is dictated by their ability to provide for the clan, with the best hunters and fighters being awarded positions of power.[/quote] [/quote] the encycloppedia also says this, and they're clearly written as nature dragons who are not meant to be plaguebringer descendants. " which some consider to be unusual given the homeland of the species. To say that these two regional groups do not get along is an understatement, and most encounters between the two populations trend towards bloodshed. " I also don't think the Wc hierarchy is really all that indicative of "this is clearly plague." Nature is just as savage as plague and their deity had been fighting since their existence began. maybe since its nature everyone just expects that nature dragons are just supposed to be a bunch of leaves and flowers and peaceful small brained plant eating tree dragons who couldn't fight a stick??
EarthTiger wrote on 2021-07-30 10:49:03:
@Kapow They mean that the encyclopedia entry for Wildclaws states that a large portion of their population lives in Plague, because their behaviours are very similar to Plague Flight's mindset of the strong surviving. So already, Nature and Plague are forced to be connected.
Quote:
This species has begun to expand into new domains, the most notable of which is The Wandering Contagion.
Quote:
Wildclaw hierarchy revolves around physical might and hunting prowess. A dragon's station is dictated by their ability to provide for the clan, with the best hunters and fighters being awarded positions of power.

the encycloppedia also says this, and they're clearly written as nature dragons who are not meant to be plaguebringer descendants.
" which some consider to be unusual given the homeland of the species. To say that these two regional groups do not get along is an understatement, and most encounters between the two populations trend towards bloodshed. "

I also don't think the Wc hierarchy is really all that indicative of "this is clearly plague." Nature is just as savage as plague and their deity had been fighting since their existence began.

maybe since its nature everyone just expects that nature dragons are just supposed to be a bunch of leaves and flowers and peaceful small brained plant eating tree dragons who couldn't fight a stick??
A dragon dressed up as bubbles and fish that has a Bio full of lesser known tips and tricks to Flight Rising
Yeah, this is a neat idea, but I would honestly hate if Nature and Plague's first ancients were fused. It's already bad enough that we had to share a BotE story. Plague, I love y'all, but I'm seriously tired of my flight having to share with you. Plus, Nature has really gotten the short end of the stick when it comes to breeds, so hopefully our next breed will be easily accessible and entirely our own.

Anyway, my first thought when I saw that silhouette was actually Arcane! It really looks like something you'd find crawling out of the Forbidden Portal.
Yeah, this is a neat idea, but I would honestly hate if Nature and Plague's first ancients were fused. It's already bad enough that we had to share a BotE story. Plague, I love y'all, but I'm seriously tired of my flight having to share with you. Plus, Nature has really gotten the short end of the stick when it comes to breeds, so hopefully our next breed will be easily accessible and entirely our own.

Anyway, my first thought when I saw that silhouette was actually Arcane! It really looks like something you'd find crawling out of the Forbidden Portal.
tumblr_o23mwcXPEZ1u3wsjco6_250.png 4f4c01ec3fcd06d45834f28097a7fb2be50dc3cf.png dEo6ta2.png
nbZE1po.png
5iXiC8z.png
V7wUqxW.png
bYt72YT.png
jbMLSIO.png

nGKuPIQ.gif
I wouldn't be surprised if it is a joint breed. I could see something like that being the unexpected result of blasting off the last seed in that BotE story, rather than something the deities sat down to co-create. The most unexpected 'whoops' baby of Sornieth history.

As funny as that would be, though, let the flights have different things plz. (Though it WOULD be pretty cool if the art/pose/concept/genes was re-used for three different breeds - Plague gets one, Nature gets one, and then there's an unholy fusion.)
I wouldn't be surprised if it is a joint breed. I could see something like that being the unexpected result of blasting off the last seed in that BotE story, rather than something the deities sat down to co-create. The most unexpected 'whoops' baby of Sornieth history.

As funny as that would be, though, let the flights have different things plz. (Though it WOULD be pretty cool if the art/pose/concept/genes was re-used for three different breeds - Plague gets one, Nature gets one, and then there's an unholy fusion.)
IMG-2023-08-05-124048.jpg
[quote name="Amazonite" date="2021-07-30 11:13:35" ] Plague, I love y'all, but I'm seriously tired of my flight having to share with you. [/quote] This is true sibling rivalry lol
Amazonite wrote on 2021-07-30 11:13:35:
Plague, I love y'all, but I'm seriously tired of my flight having to share with you.
This is true sibling rivalry lol
IMG-2023-08-05-124048.jpg
As someone, who lived through a period full of threads filled with angry/disappointed naturelings and plaguelings, when we got "The Seed and The Sickness" story, I find this idea pretty impossible.
As someone, who lived through a period full of threads filled with angry/disappointed naturelings and plaguelings, when we got "The Seed and The Sickness" story, I find this idea pretty impossible.
My username is MariLiLL | She/Her | FR +10
DLrWmez.png
While I would love to see distinct breeds for each flight, if it did turn out to be a combo between Nature and Plague, I would still be pretty enthused about it as an interesting concept. How would that elemental conflict work within a dragon, etc?

It was mentioned here that "Not all ancient dragons were created by the elemental gods—others sprang forth from pure coagulated magic, owing no allegiance at all."- I imagine the extended time of Ultimate Smack Down between Plaguemom and Glademom in the Third Era could've thrown plenty magical residue out for some odd hybrid of their respective elements to appear, that's perhaps not even entirely 'aligned' with either.

Either way the teaser has me excited. Loving the seemingly snaggled up wings and dual-tailed look!
While I would love to see distinct breeds for each flight, if it did turn out to be a combo between Nature and Plague, I would still be pretty enthused about it as an interesting concept. How would that elemental conflict work within a dragon, etc?

It was mentioned here that "Not all ancient dragons were created by the elemental gods—others sprang forth from pure coagulated magic, owing no allegiance at all."- I imagine the extended time of Ultimate Smack Down between Plaguemom and Glademom in the Third Era could've thrown plenty magical residue out for some odd hybrid of their respective elements to appear, that's perhaps not even entirely 'aligned' with either.

Either way the teaser has me excited. Loving the seemingly snaggled up wings and dual-tailed look!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7