Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Bigger adult eyes
1 2
I just thought it would be nice to have the eyes on adult dragons changed. Right now, if you get a special eye type, you can barely see it when they grow up on most of the adult dragons. Maybe make the eyes bigger?
I just thought it would be nice to have the eyes on adult dragons changed. Right now, if you get a special eye type, you can barely see it when they grow up on most of the adult dragons. Maybe make the eyes bigger?
I too wish I could see eyes better on all my adults permas ! on Skydancers and Imperials you can barely see the main color and with all the cool eye types I'm sad I can't enjoy that on them too !

I'm afraid making eyes bigger on the breed artworks would be very complicated, because even if it seem small as a change, it could mess up a lot of skins, maybe apparel, and maybe would need to adjust whatever is the thing that auto generates the dragons images... I'd like to see eyes better but I'm not sure changing the breeds artwork would be feasible :(

However, I've thought about it and maybe it could be possible to have a portrait icon of our dragon's head in higher resolution next to the full size dragon ? (like, above the apparel/skin box, there's room here). Similar to what we have as avatar icon, only bigger so we can see that dragon's head better.

I would allow us to see the eyes as it would be a close up ! However, it would require to do the "zoomed head" artwork for each breed and integrate it in the processus that generates dragons images, as it couldn't bee just taken from the main dragon image (too pixelated). So I don't know if that's really a possible thing :/
I too wish I could see eyes better on all my adults permas ! on Skydancers and Imperials you can barely see the main color and with all the cool eye types I'm sad I can't enjoy that on them too !

I'm afraid making eyes bigger on the breed artworks would be very complicated, because even if it seem small as a change, it could mess up a lot of skins, maybe apparel, and maybe would need to adjust whatever is the thing that auto generates the dragons images... I'd like to see eyes better but I'm not sure changing the breeds artwork would be feasible :(

However, I've thought about it and maybe it could be possible to have a portrait icon of our dragon's head in higher resolution next to the full size dragon ? (like, above the apparel/skin box, there's room here). Similar to what we have as avatar icon, only bigger so we can see that dragon's head better.

I would allow us to see the eyes as it would be a close up ! However, it would require to do the "zoomed head" artwork for each breed and integrate it in the processus that generates dragons images, as it couldn't bee just taken from the main dragon image (too pixelated). So I don't know if that's really a possible thing :/
hFReKIw.png Visit us at Ogrenat clan, we have mages and airships !
Welgan
Ae / They
FR+9 (French)
No support. Making the eyes bigger would ruin a lot of my dragons, including my avatar dragon since she has swirl specifically for the color change and not the pattern (which I dislike) that would then be visible. For a lot of dragons, the eyes being small is the point.

Also, innocent eyes makes them bigger and it's uncanny and creepy as hell. I'd fear that making them all bigger would have a similar effect.
No support. Making the eyes bigger would ruin a lot of my dragons, including my avatar dragon since she has swirl specifically for the color change and not the pattern (which I dislike) that would then be visible. For a lot of dragons, the eyes being small is the point.

Also, innocent eyes makes them bigger and it's uncanny and creepy as hell. I'd fear that making them all bigger would have a similar effect.
Lz0bQAz.gif hatchery
training service
free money
lf xxx overcast g1
he/him or ae/aer only please.
psa: messages in cancelled CRs aren't viewable!
No support, for many reasons. I like Welgan's idea though. Maybe an option to show the higher-res avatar version if you want to? I have an Imp boy with Faceted eyes and it's a bit of a shame I can't see them better.
No support, for many reasons. I like Welgan's idea though. Maybe an option to show the higher-res avatar version if you want to? I have an Imp boy with Faceted eyes and it's a bit of a shame I can't see them better.
rFXuTGD.png
I've taken over maintaining ivycrowned's Lair Keeper and Pair Workshop tool!
Thread / Spreadsheet

No support. It would just ruin their artstyle and eyes are also not really big of a deal for me to sacrifice it in the sake of them being more visible.
No support. It would just ruin their artstyle and eyes are also not really big of a deal for me to sacrifice it in the sake of them being more visible.
Ab4m6.gifMXGSN.gift77iH.gifRVcwM.gife4m9m.gif
No support. I like the small-eyed breeds because it gives the impression that they are bigger and I’ve accepted that most eye types have minimal impact on them. There are large-eyed breeds for those who do want the full spectrum of eyes.

There could be new eye types that enlarge the eyes similar to Innocent, but I would not want a blanket change to be made - I agree with Tserin it makes them uncanny valley creepy.
No support. I like the small-eyed breeds because it gives the impression that they are bigger and I’ve accepted that most eye types have minimal impact on them. There are large-eyed breeds for those who do want the full spectrum of eyes.

There could be new eye types that enlarge the eyes similar to Innocent, but I would not want a blanket change to be made - I agree with Tserin it makes them uncanny valley creepy.
No support, I'm sorry. I don't want my adults' eyes to be changed, making them bigger would absolutely change their whole appearance. To really make the diffierent types visible, you'd have to change their size a lot. It would make them look out of proportion and probably quite childish/cartoonish.
No support, I'm sorry. I don't want my adults' eyes to be changed, making them bigger would absolutely change their whole appearance. To really make the diffierent types visible, you'd have to change their size a lot. It would make them look out of proportion and probably quite childish/cartoonish.
ShDdjsG.gif ---
H I D D E N • S A N C T U M
pV7y7eJ.png
"I circle around God, around the ancient tower,
and I have circled for thousands of years ..."
No support. It might seem little, but this would be a huge change in artwork. And FR does not have a good history with how the playerbase reacts to art changes (with reason, to) and with how the playerbase reacts to changes forced on their dragons without their consent.
No support. It might seem little, but this would be a huge change in artwork. And FR does not have a good history with how the playerbase reacts to art changes (with reason, to) and with how the playerbase reacts to changes forced on their dragons without their consent.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
Sadly, this isn't really feasible. (possible yes).

even a couple of pixels change would affect numerous skins, many, if not most, that were bought with gems from other users, some that might have been commissioned specifically from another user, apparel, and sometimes even breed outlines, as there isn't a whole lot of room to enlarge eyes on some breeds.

This would also upset a huge portion of the userbase, as players have collected dragons specifically because of specific features. Look for the fifth anniversary update and the more recent eye update and read the comments.

Eyes were 'standardized' and many changed color, and the user base was, understandably, upset, because many had went out of their way to match the eye color of the dragon to not only the gene colors, but also apparel, skins/accents, and whole aesthetics.

It is still an issue because some of those pre-standardization eye colors are still not able to be replicated through a different eye type. (some can but not all last I heard).

Imagine how those people would feel to have yet another change to their dragon's eyes forced upon them, especially if it were only because some players didn't like the smaller eye type and wanted the eyes enlarged to be able to see eye variants better.

I do understand the reasoning, I also feel that many eye types are pretty much invisible, but I don't think going back and trying to retroactively fix existing eye variants is the solution, but rather to take into account this fact and give us some eye line breaking eye variants in the future, and try to figure out to incorporate changes to smaller eyed breeds without having to affect the size/shape of the actual eye too much. (maybe focus on eye variants that are much more easily seen in smaller eyed breeds, ones that change the shape/size of the eyes like primals, rather than ones like goat that are meant to work with the normal eye size/shape.)
Sadly, this isn't really feasible. (possible yes).

even a couple of pixels change would affect numerous skins, many, if not most, that were bought with gems from other users, some that might have been commissioned specifically from another user, apparel, and sometimes even breed outlines, as there isn't a whole lot of room to enlarge eyes on some breeds.

This would also upset a huge portion of the userbase, as players have collected dragons specifically because of specific features. Look for the fifth anniversary update and the more recent eye update and read the comments.

Eyes were 'standardized' and many changed color, and the user base was, understandably, upset, because many had went out of their way to match the eye color of the dragon to not only the gene colors, but also apparel, skins/accents, and whole aesthetics.

It is still an issue because some of those pre-standardization eye colors are still not able to be replicated through a different eye type. (some can but not all last I heard).

Imagine how those people would feel to have yet another change to their dragon's eyes forced upon them, especially if it were only because some players didn't like the smaller eye type and wanted the eyes enlarged to be able to see eye variants better.

I do understand the reasoning, I also feel that many eye types are pretty much invisible, but I don't think going back and trying to retroactively fix existing eye variants is the solution, but rather to take into account this fact and give us some eye line breaking eye variants in the future, and try to figure out to incorporate changes to smaller eyed breeds without having to affect the size/shape of the actual eye too much. (maybe focus on eye variants that are much more easily seen in smaller eyed breeds, ones that change the shape/size of the eyes like primals, rather than ones like goat that are meant to work with the normal eye size/shape.)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
considering there are already genes that add to the eyes size or break lines in some way, (innocent, multigaze, primal, glow) it is not a difficult thing for Flight rising to have differently sized eye options. I understand not up-sizing existing eye types because of the work that would be involved. in the future however, Flight rising could add new eye types that are indeed larger in some way so that there is variation for those who want it without messing with existing artwork.
considering there are already genes that add to the eyes size or break lines in some way, (innocent, multigaze, primal, glow) it is not a difficult thing for Flight rising to have differently sized eye options. I understand not up-sizing existing eye types because of the work that would be involved. in the future however, Flight rising could add new eye types that are indeed larger in some way so that there is variation for those who want it without messing with existing artwork.
1 2