Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Bright Eyes
1 2 ... 191 192 193 194 195 ... 199 200
Hello staff, thank you for the time and care you must have taken deliberating this step and it's possible remnifications on game mechanics for various types of players. And thank you for (literally!) spelling out your philosophy of what type of game you want FR to be.

I draw great pleasure from this game and I do spend real money on it from time to time - because I genuinely feel it is money well and deservedly spent rather than a requirement to keep up with the cool stuff and it's artificial "this sale only" scarcity.

I greatly appreciate that all but clanbound items are freely tradeable between players. I do not take it for granted that you allow stuff like levelling services or lore or art to be traded on site for both site currencies. Those were choices you deliberately made - and they greatly contribute to my enjoyment of this game.

I am an avid eye-scatterer - I think I used just under 500 vials on about half a dozen projects. Including my avatar, for whom I actually set out to get multi-gaze, which has been weirdly elusive in all but one of my scatter follies.

I enjoyed rolling the dice on those dragons' eyes.

The fact that I can now go straight for multi on any dragon, old or brand new, does not erase the pleasure I got from those past projects. Why would it. I still sat down and threw all those vials at them, at the same time imploring the RNG to smile at me AND cursing it for not doing so. The play's the thing. No, wait, that was Shakespeare.

I'm actually hoping this update will result in (much) cheaper scattersight vials - so I can buy up more of them. Because I really like rolling the dice on dragon eyes. It's a thing I like to do on my birthday.

This update eliminates a source of great frustration for players who (reliably) want a particular eye type on a particular dragon/with a particular colour combo - just apply the respective vial. While at the same time breeding purists can continue hatching eggs until they get the eyes they desire. It's really a quite elegant solution.

And thank you for putting these new vials in the treasure MP. The game database tells me primal vials will be less than a week's worth of maxing fairground payouts - very reasonable in my opinion.

I really, really like this update.
Hello staff, thank you for the time and care you must have taken deliberating this step and it's possible remnifications on game mechanics for various types of players. And thank you for (literally!) spelling out your philosophy of what type of game you want FR to be.

I draw great pleasure from this game and I do spend real money on it from time to time - because I genuinely feel it is money well and deservedly spent rather than a requirement to keep up with the cool stuff and it's artificial "this sale only" scarcity.

I greatly appreciate that all but clanbound items are freely tradeable between players. I do not take it for granted that you allow stuff like levelling services or lore or art to be traded on site for both site currencies. Those were choices you deliberately made - and they greatly contribute to my enjoyment of this game.

I am an avid eye-scatterer - I think I used just under 500 vials on about half a dozen projects. Including my avatar, for whom I actually set out to get multi-gaze, which has been weirdly elusive in all but one of my scatter follies.

I enjoyed rolling the dice on those dragons' eyes.

The fact that I can now go straight for multi on any dragon, old or brand new, does not erase the pleasure I got from those past projects. Why would it. I still sat down and threw all those vials at them, at the same time imploring the RNG to smile at me AND cursing it for not doing so. The play's the thing. No, wait, that was Shakespeare.

I'm actually hoping this update will result in (much) cheaper scattersight vials - so I can buy up more of them. Because I really like rolling the dice on dragon eyes. It's a thing I like to do on my birthday.

This update eliminates a source of great frustration for players who (reliably) want a particular eye type on a particular dragon/with a particular colour combo - just apply the respective vial. While at the same time breeding purists can continue hatching eggs until they get the eyes they desire. It's really a quite elegant solution.

And thank you for putting these new vials in the treasure MP. The game database tells me primal vials will be less than a week's worth of maxing fairground payouts - very reasonable in my opinion.

I really, really like this update.
48132295907_e8de2b6f19_o.png
This is so amazing!!! Thank you for releasing these!!
This is so amazing!!! Thank you for releasing these!!
FlightRising time +9 (The Netherlands - Europe)
[quote name="GrandpaDeicu" date="2021-05-04 02:34:50" ] Maybe making marker that special types of eyes was hatched and not gened would be possible? It is like simple thing, just as Raffle dragos have their marker..yeah [/quote] Yeah I find it good compromise
GrandpaDeicu wrote on 2021-05-04 02:34:50:
Maybe making marker that special types of eyes was hatched and not gened would be possible? It is like simple thing, just as Raffle dragos have their marker..yeah
Yeah I find it good compromise

preorder list

Buy

Buy

Buy

Buy
YES. I have been trying for a Multigaze since the first eye update came out, and have mainly hatched one pair to try to get a hatchling with it. It's never worked out, and i've bred them each month since the update.
YES. I have been trying for a Multigaze since the first eye update came out, and have mainly hatched one pair to try to get a hatchling with it. It's never worked out, and i've bred them each month since the update.
[IMG]ADD IMG URL HERE[/IMG]
My friend just hatched a second Faceted... third special eyes and second hatch was a primal. This update is nice but dang are hatches still way more special feeling in the moment. Don't get me wrong I still love this and find it special too, but the excitement of celebrating a lucky hatch with a friend is so cool.
My friend just hatched a second Faceted... third special eyes and second hatch was a primal. This update is nice but dang are hatches still way more special feeling in the moment. Don't get me wrong I still love this and find it special too, but the excitement of celebrating a lucky hatch with a friend is so cool.
c9b914f455a7d94db0f0f240f25340f7f9a02e1f.png 4be36523430019bd9aae00b7e56a7528ec942fe7.png T0lT2WO.png
[quote name="Piratewolfie" date="2021-05-04 02:39:07" ] Just an idea; While personally I'm really delighted with this update, I get that it is extremely frustrating for these who enjoyed the special eyes (multi-gaze, primal etc) as a bit of a status symbol; it upped the value of many dragons, in special made a gen 1 seem more elusive. So I'm wondering, would it be an option to make it visible if a dragon was naturally born with a particular eye type? Similarly, what makes gen one's special is the idea that they were hatched from an egg rather than from a nest, with randomized colours, thus indicating that their traits are "rare". The eyes gave a similar vibe before, but as anyone can customize them now, they no longer do. BUT if there was an indicator of sorts on a dragon's profile that indicated whether they were born that way or not, similar to how a dragon's profile can indicate if they're a "first generation", that might still up the value of dragons born with "special eyes" while still everyone can customize their beloved dragons' eyes? For instance, on the profile you have the "Physical attributes > eye type". Perhaps if the dragon is born with a particular eye type, in this menu there could be a small star icon or some other indicator of "this dragon was born with this specific eye type". That might be a reasonable compromise to make the eyes widely available, while still retaining the "status symbol" for these who care? [/quote] @Piratewolfie Thank you for this well-worded comment, cause this is a good compromise I'd be happy to support and get behind as well.
Piratewolfie wrote on 2021-05-04 02:39:07:
Just an idea; While personally I'm really delighted with this update, I get that it is extremely frustrating for these who enjoyed the special eyes (multi-gaze, primal etc) as a bit of a status symbol; it upped the value of many dragons, in special made a gen 1 seem more elusive. So I'm wondering, would it be an option to make it visible if a dragon was naturally born with a particular eye type?

Similarly, what makes gen one's special is the idea that they were hatched from an egg rather than from a nest, with randomized colours, thus indicating that their traits are "rare". The eyes gave a similar vibe before, but as anyone can customize them now, they no longer do.
BUT if there was an indicator of sorts on a dragon's profile that indicated whether they were born that way or not, similar to how a dragon's profile can indicate if they're a "first generation", that might still up the value of dragons born with "special eyes" while still everyone can customize their beloved dragons' eyes?

For instance, on the profile you have the "Physical attributes > eye type". Perhaps if the dragon is born with a particular eye type, in this menu there could be a small star icon or some other indicator of "this dragon was born with this specific eye type".

That might be a reasonable compromise to make the eyes widely available, while still retaining the "status symbol" for these who care?

@Piratewolfie Thank you for this well-worded comment, cause this is a good compromise I'd be happy to support and get behind as well.
79026279_w2VMGEmYzwnnL1n.png
finally
finally
she/her / +10 fr time
Gen 1 collector
every time i see an update like this, i'm reminded why i love this game and the people who make it. you rock. thank you so much
every time i see an update like this, i'm reminded why i love this game and the people who make it. you rock. thank you so much
63324000-84e8-11e8-8dbf-fb2bd71d0cf6.gif
I'd like to be a vote for 'best update'. Thanks, admin. I'm not a G1 collector, more into oldies, so it's easier for me. I can see how some Gen 1 collectors might not like it. My daughter spent around 7kg each for some of her Gen 1 primals. Still, she's excited about the update, too. :)
I'd like to be a vote for 'best update'. Thanks, admin. I'm not a G1 collector, more into oldies, so it's easier for me. I can see how some Gen 1 collectors might not like it. My daughter spent around 7kg each for some of her Gen 1 primals. Still, she's excited about the update, too. :)
qMOyKa9.png
Yes, I've been waiting for these. Thank you, artists and staff!
Yes, I've been waiting for these. Thank you, artists and staff!
1 2 ... 191 192 193 194 195 ... 199 200