Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Bright Eyes
1 2 ... 123 124 125 126 127 ... 199 200
Hahahaha... I had [i]just[/i] finished turning my plague Fae the Eyepocalypse ruined into a Wildclaw with all new genes, and now Bright comes out. Because of course it does. [emoji=wildclaw tongue size=1] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/4160103][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/41602/4160103_350.png[/img][/url] Kalminor says thank you so much, even though she won't benefit from it now, she's happy that whole new generations of Plague dragons can get the bright red eyes that are their birthright once again [emoji=wildclaw love size=1] As for the natural vials, this is a long overdue fix to a badly flawed system. For the people comparing this to Imperial scrolls and changing color at will, consider: Imperial scrolls exist. That mechanism is in the game. Should you actually manage to find one for sale and find a way to afford it, you are guaranteed to come out of it with an Imperial dragon. Is it a realistic goal for anyone, no, but it's not like the game mechanics themselves shut you out of it Ways to influence the colors of dragons exist. That mechanism is in the game, it's called the entire breeding system. It behaves in a predictable fashion and with enough time and effort you can get a dragon of the colors you want. Eye types were random. They could not be influenced. That mechanism did not exist in the game. The closest it got, the vials of scattersight, did not guarantee anything even if you brought one; more than likely you just wound up with Uncommon on a dragon that, if it was a long term scattersight project, probably already had Uncommon. There was no amount of planning or effort that you could actually expend in order to assure yourself the eye type you wanted, you just had to flip a coin and hope. Personally I'm very surprised the top-tier vials are treasure items and it's not how I'd have implemented it, but the [i]existence[/i] of the vials fixes a gaping issue with dragon customization mechanics. The natural eye types simply were not analogous to difficult-but-controllable goals. Anyway, in conclusion, dragon customization should be predictable and [b]thank you FR for letting us get our pre-eyepocalypse eye colors back this is the greatest update ever[/b]
Hahahaha...
I had just finished turning my plague Fae the Eyepocalypse ruined into a Wildclaw with all new genes, and now Bright comes out. Because of course it does.
4160103_350.png
Kalminor says thank you so much, even though she won't benefit from it now, she's happy that whole new generations of Plague dragons can get the bright red eyes that are their birthright once again

As for the natural vials, this is a long overdue fix to a badly flawed system. For the people comparing this to Imperial scrolls and changing color at will, consider:

Imperial scrolls exist. That mechanism is in the game. Should you actually manage to find one for sale and find a way to afford it, you are guaranteed to come out of it with an Imperial dragon. Is it a realistic goal for anyone, no, but it's not like the game mechanics themselves shut you out of it

Ways to influence the colors of dragons exist. That mechanism is in the game, it's called the entire breeding system. It behaves in a predictable fashion and with enough time and effort you can get a dragon of the colors you want.

Eye types were random. They could not be influenced. That mechanism did not exist in the game. The closest it got, the vials of scattersight, did not guarantee anything even if you brought one; more than likely you just wound up with Uncommon on a dragon that, if it was a long term scattersight project, probably already had Uncommon. There was no amount of planning or effort that you could actually expend in order to assure yourself the eye type you wanted, you just had to flip a coin and hope.

Personally I'm very surprised the top-tier vials are treasure items and it's not how I'd have implemented it, but the existence of the vials fixes a gaping issue with dragon customization mechanics. The natural eye types simply were not analogous to difficult-but-controllable goals.

Anyway, in conclusion, dragon customization should be predictable and thank you FR for letting us get our pre-eyepocalypse eye colors back this is the greatest update ever
[quote name="TunaNoodle" date="2021-05-03 11:20:34" ] [quote name="Lostdaydreams" date="2021-05-03 11:18:48" ] " As we all know, the best of intentions sometimes don’t lead to the best outcome " Oh you could say that again, since now you basically made players selling primal dragons or Vial of Scattersight be basically worthless and robbed us of yet again an opurtunity to have high value items :D ! [/quote] I almost find this a worse result than before, ngl... The economy is clearly the last thing on their mind, though. Been that way for a long time. (Likely bc they wanna sell gems...) [/quote] If they wanted to sell gems they should have made the vials a gem item but then the eye complainers would have freaked out lol
TunaNoodle wrote on 2021-05-03 11:20:34:
Lostdaydreams wrote on 2021-05-03 11:18:48:
" As we all know, the best of intentions sometimes don’t lead to the best outcome "

Oh you could say that again, since now you basically made players selling primal dragons or Vial of Scattersight be basically worthless and robbed us of yet again an opurtunity to have high value items :D !

I almost find this a worse result than before, ngl...
The economy is clearly the last thing on their mind, though. Been that way for a long time. (Likely bc they wanna sell gems...)
If they wanted to sell gems they should have made the vials a gem item but then the eye complainers would have freaked out lol
mothsmall.png7jZclF3.gifdaintysmallup-2.png
[quote name="Akecrow" date="2021-05-03 11:22:42" ] Not all the dragon capitalists who never paid attention in economics class.... [/quote] [i]wheeze[/i]
Akecrow wrote on 2021-05-03 11:22:42:
Not all the dragon capitalists who never paid attention in economics class....

wheeze
dcprkry-6f227d16-78cf-4c0b-a85b-c510e6411384.png
skek | they/them | 24
the ghost with the most
tumblr_inline_psj27ukX3O1tc3swm_75sq.png
x
dcprhsf-50b03a4f-3549-4ad5-bcb0-35bf6e5b050d.png
Less breeding projects and more vials at my disposal? YES
Less breeding projects and more vials at my disposal? YES
spinning_fjord.gif she/her, 3+ FR time
please ping me in forums
support empoleon supremacy
qilin subspecies
lore thread
shop
I just wanna say thank you guys for all your hard work on the site!
I just wanna say thank you guys for all your hard work on the site!
hHAqYnn.png Hi, my name's Multi! Please use he/him and they/them for me!
Wow I'm glad I didn't buy another G1 primal before this happened. I guess the bright side is one of my G1s can finally have primal eyes since it was kind of required for her character. I just wish I knew before using 70 scattersights on her.
Wow I'm glad I didn't buy another G1 primal before this happened. I guess the bright side is one of my G1s can finally have primal eyes since it was kind of required for her character. I just wish I knew before using 70 scattersights on her.
giphy.gif
Looks like I'm in the minority for not liking this change very much. Can't help but feel like it takes the excitement out of the eye types in general.
Looks like I'm in the minority for not liking this change very much. Can't help but feel like it takes the excitement out of the eye types in general.
s7EvVYf.pngpgM0BOO.png
This seems like a good idea on the surface but now it seems all my primals and mg dragons that were born with it are useless now... like my avatar dragon, my first (and only) primal I ever hatched, I can give primal to any dragon now. And my light primal twins from the same nest, they aren't really special any more since anybody can give primal to siblings from the same nest. Not to mention those who wasted thousands of gems and treasure on the scattersights.
This seems like a good idea on the surface but now it seems all my primals and mg dragons that were born with it are useless now... like my avatar dragon, my first (and only) primal I ever hatched, I can give primal to any dragon now. And my light primal twins from the same nest, they aren't really special any more since anybody can give primal to siblings from the same nest. Not to mention those who wasted thousands of gems and treasure on the scattersights.
Gl2x9gK.png
  • Call me Horse ;)
  • FR +1
  • False Progens
  • DPS member of CSU OW Green
CFgUA.gif fXkWh.gif firevs1.png
SCREEEEEEEE
SCREEEEEEEE
deity_gladekeeper_by_dogi_crimson-dabusrb.gif Clan Duneberry ~ Faithful disciple of Nature
I obsess over pretty dragons and scarves. A unique relationship with Lightning, the word 'storm' carries great weight in my clan. Feel free to come visit me and request services! I am an avid writer, dragon lover, and analyzer. Message for anything you need~

Stormy ~ FR +3 ~ She || PWYW Dragon/Animal Art Shop - Evee's Humanoid Art Shop
@HorseSpirit imo they're still really special! Sure you can slap eyes on any, but just naturally hatching them? That's still super rare, and still something to be proud of imo! :D
@HorseSpirit imo they're still really special! Sure you can slap eyes on any, but just naturally hatching them? That's still super rare, and still something to be proud of imo! :D
c9b914f455a7d94db0f0f240f25340f7f9a02e1f.png 4be36523430019bd9aae00b7e56a7528ec942fe7.png T0lT2WO.png
1 2 ... 123 124 125 126 127 ... 199 200