Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | DIamond and Pearl remakes
1 2 3 4 5
4th gen was my first gen so I'm kinda excited for this! I'll probably not buy the remakes on release, but I'll be following news on it closely.

My only issue with the game so far is the textures, they look rubbery. From what I've been told they use a texture map that reflects light based off of where the camera is instead of where the light source is, so everything ends up looking like that. I think the artstyle is good, it's just the textures that bug me a bit (I had the same issue with SWSH's textures).

Legends looks great so far and it's probably going to be a day one buy for me (unless it releases too close to Triangle Strategy), framerate was pretty bad but I have hopes they optimize the game before release.
4th gen was my first gen so I'm kinda excited for this! I'll probably not buy the remakes on release, but I'll be following news on it closely.

My only issue with the game so far is the textures, they look rubbery. From what I've been told they use a texture map that reflects light based off of where the camera is instead of where the light source is, so everything ends up looking like that. I think the artstyle is good, it's just the textures that bug me a bit (I had the same issue with SWSH's textures).

Legends looks great so far and it's probably going to be a day one buy for me (unless it releases too close to Triangle Strategy), framerate was pretty bad but I have hopes they optimize the game before release.
earthshieldl.png xx
Scal
They/Them
FRT +9
xxxxxx
I’m neutral on the chibi overworld, but otherwise, I think it looks good! I don’t know if I’ll actually get the game or not, but I’ll absolutely be watching a playthrough to get to experience Sinnoh again. I hope they keep the Battle Frontier.
I’m neutral on the chibi overworld, but otherwise, I think it looks good! I don’t know if I’ll actually get the game or not, but I’ll absolutely be watching a playthrough to get to experience Sinnoh again. I hope they keep the Battle Frontier.
AqaqXxe.png
Not going to lie: Platinum and Diamon and Sinnoh were the Pokémon games I LEAST enjoyed. Something about the lore really bothered me. Arceus and Giratina especially. So I have to honestly admit I’m disappointed. I expected this though, and I’m not surprised. Fifty-fifty overall if I’ll get the remakes, and seventy-five-fifty I’ll get Legends (feudal Pokémon sounds interesting). However, don’t let this grumpy stinker take away all your fun!

Enjoy your new games, guys!
Not going to lie: Platinum and Diamon and Sinnoh were the Pokémon games I LEAST enjoyed. Something about the lore really bothered me. Arceus and Giratina especially. So I have to honestly admit I’m disappointed. I expected this though, and I’m not surprised. Fifty-fifty overall if I’ll get the remakes, and seventy-five-fifty I’ll get Legends (feudal Pokémon sounds interesting). However, don’t let this grumpy stinker take away all your fun!

Enjoy your new games, guys!
Call me Requacy (Pinging Allowed!)(Note to self: Make art for signature)
SOOO hyped for Legends:Arceus!!

The D/P remakes however... be lookin like a Mega Bloks crossover episode

I'm not too excited for the chibi style of the remakes, but I might grow to like it. I've liked the styles of the newer games, and the customization you could do. Hopefully we can do that to some degree >>

I also really hope that new Pokemon will be in there as well. I've fallen in love with many from the newer games and would love to use them in the game. I kinda hope it's not a step by step same game as the original. All the other remakes had some new content (I think >>), so I hope it's at least a little different.

Legends though?
I loved SWSH open world feel of the wild areas, so I think I'll love this game <3 I like that they threw the starters for a loop and did three different ones from different regions.
I'm not too excited for the chibi style of the remakes, but I might grow to like it. I've liked the styles of the newer games, and the customization you could do. Hopefully we can do that to some degree >>

I also really hope that new Pokemon will be in there as well. I've fallen in love with many from the newer games and would love to use them in the game. I kinda hope it's not a step by step same game as the original. All the other remakes had some new content (I think >>), so I hope it's at least a little different.

Legends though?
I loved SWSH open world feel of the wild areas, so I think I'll love this game <3 I like that they threw the starters for a loop and did three different ones from different regions.
ooooooo kkJS1Qp.pngo K H U Z D U L
- - - - - - - - - - -
SHE/HER +0
25 LIBRA
oo Avatar dragon
Lore
About me
Pings ok!
• Did you hatch an
Abyss/Copper/X gen1,
but don't want them?
Don't exalt them! Hit me up ;)
I'm ecstatic to see my favorite childhood generation confirmed to be remade now! :D And, honestly, I think im loving the fact that the player actually kinda looks preserved the way it used to in the original game's overworld, just re-vamped!

Also VERY exited for that new Arceus Legends game! It's such a unique change, AMAZING graphics, a whole new way to catch mons (makes me wonder if we'll see shinies in the overworld now??) and the variety of starters from different regions was definitely shocking to see for the first time (in a main series game that is).
I'm ecstatic to see my favorite childhood generation confirmed to be remade now! :D And, honestly, I think im loving the fact that the player actually kinda looks preserved the way it used to in the original game's overworld, just re-vamped!

Also VERY exited for that new Arceus Legends game! It's such a unique change, AMAZING graphics, a whole new way to catch mons (makes me wonder if we'll see shinies in the overworld now??) and the variety of starters from different regions was definitely shocking to see for the first time (in a main series game that is).
tumblr_inline_nk71a9tcrJ1qg2i5p.png
[quote name="Celestiale" date="2021-02-26 10:52:52" ] SOOO hyped for Legends:Arceus!! The D/P remakes however... be lookin like a Mega Bloks crossover episode [/quote] yea when i saw the reveal i was hoping they were fanmade games??? i guess not
Celestiale wrote on 2021-02-26 10:52:52:

yea when i saw the reveal i was hoping they were fanmade games??? i guess not
MV1Iakt.png they/them | 18 | artist | INTP | FR+2 MV1Iakt.png
[quote name="AwkwardAngel" date="2021-02-26 09:51:32" ] I KNOWW---if this becomes its own sidefranchise like PMD or rangers, I'd d i e, like ahhh! Sinnoh in the past?? ALOLA IN THE PAST?? This is so so exciting c: [/quote] pAST ALOLA YES— The chibi style of D/P was a little disappointing to me (but idk, might grow on me later, things like that usually do) but w o a h the Legends thing looks so fun and pretty and I love it Also, the side game idea with other regions in the Legends style... I haven’t even seen more than a trailer for Sinnoh yet and I’m already excited about a possible Alola legends game ;w; (Oh, and the Rowlet starter in L:A?? One of my favorite starters that’s only in (essentially) one main game, so glad to see it get some more attention! And I won’t start calling it a hint for other Legends games being in Alola(/Unova/Johto), way too soon for that, but...)
AwkwardAngel wrote on 2021-02-26 09:51:32:
I KNOWW---if this becomes its own sidefranchise like PMD or rangers, I'd d i e, like ahhh! Sinnoh in the past?? ALOLA IN THE PAST?? This is so so exciting c:
pAST ALOLA YES—
The chibi style of D/P was a little disappointing to me (but idk, might grow on me later, things like that usually do) but w o a h the Legends thing looks so fun and pretty and I love it
Also, the side game idea with other regions in the Legends style... I haven’t even seen more than a trailer for Sinnoh yet and I’m already excited about a possible Alola legends game ;w;

(Oh, and the Rowlet starter in L:A?? One of my favorite starters that’s only in (essentially) one main game, so glad to see it get some more attention! And I won’t start calling it a hint for other Legends games being in Alola(/Unova/Johto), way too soon for that, but...)
|| [avatar]|| editing sig more later || pokemon/deltarune fan || would love to make some friends here!! ||
image0.jpg
I get Gen 6 vibes from the remakes (from how they go chibi in overworld to fullscale in battles), but it's very crisp! I'm very excited for this game. also adding to my to-do list: finish diamond before the end of the year.
I get Gen 6 vibes from the remakes (from how they go chibi in overworld to fullscale in battles), but it's very crisp! I'm very excited for this game. also adding to my to-do list: finish diamond before the end of the year.
mapleshaiku_siggy.png
I'm so excited for them, but a little more excited for the new Pokemon Legends.

I'm kinda happy they outsourced it, since now GF will have a little more time putting love in the new series they are releasing.
Its faithful remakes of the game, but I was hoping for a little more update on it, not make it look like a 3DS game.. I don't really care for the chibi looks for your character/NPCs in the overworld though.. Hopefully it will grow on me. But it looks crisp and I enjoy all the vivid colors.

Guess I'll have to go Pearl this time, since I have Diamond for DS.

EDIT: I COMPLETELY FORGOT THAT GIRATINA IS IN THIS GEN. MY SECOND FAVORITE LEGENDARY!
I'm so excited for them, but a little more excited for the new Pokemon Legends.

I'm kinda happy they outsourced it, since now GF will have a little more time putting love in the new series they are releasing.
Its faithful remakes of the game, but I was hoping for a little more update on it, not make it look like a 3DS game.. I don't really care for the chibi looks for your character/NPCs in the overworld though.. Hopefully it will grow on me. But it looks crisp and I enjoy all the vivid colors.

Guess I'll have to go Pearl this time, since I have Diamond for DS.

EDIT: I COMPLETELY FORGOT THAT GIRATINA IS IN THIS GEN. MY SECOND FAVORITE LEGENDARY!
xkhfOvZ.png ...
Evis / Ils
They/Them
FR +2
Aroace
1 2 3 4 5