Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | DIamond and Pearl remakes
1 2 3 4 5
[quote name="@ThanosBottomText" date="2021-02-26 08:03:48" ] The original statue was like that too in the game [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/654785941097152534/814888151914643496/20210226_105429.jpg[/img] in the manga [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/654785941097152534/814888228419141673/EywpbDuRL-gSCfoaYBYfRp4mykRiMO0g9O5Y4LEUIMw.jpg[/img] [/quote] I'm aware it was, played the originals enough times. I'm talking about how to trailer ended with focus being on that statue. I'm hoping it's nothing, maybe an easter egg for the manga, and not a hint they're using that merging gimmick again.
@ThanosBottomText wrote on 2021-02-26 08:03:48:
The original statue was like that too

in the game
20210226_105429.jpg
in the manga
EywpbDuRL-gSCfoaYBYfRp4mykRiMO0g9O5Y4LEUIMw.jpg

I'm aware it was, played the originals enough times. I'm talking about how to trailer ended with focus being on that statue. I'm hoping it's nothing, maybe an easter egg for the manga, and not a hint they're using that merging gimmick again.
*Looks at lair* Ah yes. Organised chaos.
KASr4bY.png
It's really impressive that they were able to convey both Dialga and Palkia, a biped and a quadruped, in the same sprite so that just coloring them differently could convey either, or both. That's neat character design.

It's really impressive that they were able to convey both Dialga and Palkia, a biped and a quadruped, in the same sprite so that just coloring them differently could convey either, or both. That's neat character design.

Pearl was my first pokemon game so I was really looking forward to the remakes but I’m a little disappointed. I’m not a huge fan of the style and I really hope it’s not too easy.

Legends, however, looks so interesting! I love the concept, the starter selection seems a little odd to me, but I’m definitely going to check it out when it’s released! The title Legends: Arceus makes me think there will be more feudal/occurs before main timeline games and I am all for it!
Pearl was my first pokemon game so I was really looking forward to the remakes but I’m a little disappointed. I’m not a huge fan of the style and I really hope it’s not too easy.

Legends, however, looks so interesting! I love the concept, the starter selection seems a little odd to me, but I’m definitely going to check it out when it’s released! The title Legends: Arceus makes me think there will be more feudal/occurs before main timeline games and I am all for it!
They look pretty cool. Art style is neat, Legends seems like it's gonna be an in-between of spinoff and main series like Colo/XD and LGPE were.
They look pretty cool. Art style is neat, Legends seems like it's gonna be an in-between of spinoff and main series like Colo/XD and LGPE were.
BYuYwFJ.pngcikPv2b.png
sKduNXf.pngJZT1CKc.png
Pokemon pearl was the first video game I ever actually finished, and these games mean so much to me. I don't mind the art style, and i'm super excited in general!
Pokemon pearl was the first video game I ever actually finished, and these games mean so much to me. I don't mind the art style, and i'm super excited in general!
2Q5YVhN.png vslbbes.gif
The style is a little strange (I personally don't think it just fits the overall theme of sinnoh, which is what Legends is doing), however overall, it does look pretty decent.

My biggest concern however, is the studio that they're using. Even though some people are making a big deal about it, outsourcing a game isn't always a bad thing and, as I mentioned, the issue for me is the devs they outsourced to.

I'm not dunking on ILCA in any way, however since they're accustomed to developing functional software for pokemon and not actual games, I kinda wished that the remakes were given to another company. Let's just hope that they're willing to take community feedback before they release the game.

Other than that, I'm decently excited!

Also that water in the lake scene do be looking spicy tho
The style is a little strange (I personally don't think it just fits the overall theme of sinnoh, which is what Legends is doing), however overall, it does look pretty decent.

My biggest concern however, is the studio that they're using. Even though some people are making a big deal about it, outsourcing a game isn't always a bad thing and, as I mentioned, the issue for me is the devs they outsourced to.

I'm not dunking on ILCA in any way, however since they're accustomed to developing functional software for pokemon and not actual games, I kinda wished that the remakes were given to another company. Let's just hope that they're willing to take community feedback before they release the game.

Other than that, I'm decently excited!

Also that water in the lake scene do be looking spicy tho
larvesta.gifvolcarona.giflarvesta.gifvolcarona.gif -
I do like the change in style and I would honestly be okay with it changing game for game or at least for the remakes. I really did love the style for SWSH but a change every now and again is good. It's really giving off that ds game feel which I quite like. I do hope they add more fire types.
I do like the change in style and I would honestly be okay with it changing game for game or at least for the remakes. I really did love the style for SWSH but a change every now and again is good. It's really giving off that ds game feel which I quite like. I do hope they add more fire types.
9uEPiQz.png tH9xziu.png
e9Z2Ppt.png
jQ16wgW.png
Not liking the look of the remakes, honestly. To me, it looks very plastic and blander than Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee.

Generation 4 is my favorite gen for a few reasons, so I'll be keeping my eye on new information about the games, but as of now I don't think I'll be getting it. I didn't get Sw/Sh for the lack of a proper national dex and if that's repeated here... I'm just flat out not interested.

Legends looked interesting, I'm all for games to focus on Pokemon folklore and history, but that framerate was awful...
Not liking the look of the remakes, honestly. To me, it looks very plastic and blander than Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee.

Generation 4 is my favorite gen for a few reasons, so I'll be keeping my eye on new information about the games, but as of now I don't think I'll be getting it. I didn't get Sw/Sh for the lack of a proper national dex and if that's repeated here... I'm just flat out not interested.

Legends looked interesting, I'm all for games to focus on Pokemon folklore and history, but that framerate was awful...
Amorii
Artist & Writer
If not now, then when?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - z-Kazuha-Sig3.png
Diamond was my first core series Pokemon game (my first being Ranger) and honestly I'm so friggin excited about these remakes. The 3D chibi overworld is a little jarring like everyone else is saying but I think it'll grow on me. I love the in battle style being full body sprites. Honestly I'm just so happy to see these remakes. Very interesting they had another studio besides just GF work on it though, it seems more of GF's resources were geared towards Legends Arceus. Which I'm also super excited for! It's nice to see the series trying different things rather than the tried-and-true formula of the core series.

ALSO SUPER HYPE IT APPEARS THEY KEPT THE UNDERGROUND I would spend literal hours down there with my gems and my little secret base aaaaaa

Distortion World DLC anyone?
Diamond was my first core series Pokemon game (my first being Ranger) and honestly I'm so friggin excited about these remakes. The 3D chibi overworld is a little jarring like everyone else is saying but I think it'll grow on me. I love the in battle style being full body sprites. Honestly I'm just so happy to see these remakes. Very interesting they had another studio besides just GF work on it though, it seems more of GF's resources were geared towards Legends Arceus. Which I'm also super excited for! It's nice to see the series trying different things rather than the tried-and-true formula of the core series.

ALSO SUPER HYPE IT APPEARS THEY KEPT THE UNDERGROUND I would spend literal hours down there with my gems and my little secret base aaaaaa

Distortion World DLC anyone?
7m8ENT7.gif
x x x
Ceremonial Scythe Sharpened Scythe
x x
Wishlist
[quote name="IllusiveFox" date="2021-02-26 08:30:09" ] Legends, however, looks so interesting! I love the concept, the starter selection seems a little odd to me, but I’m definitely going to check it out when it’s released! The title Legends: Arceus makes me think there will be more feudal/occurs before main timeline games and I am all for it! [/quote] I KNOWW---if this becomes its own sidefranchise like PMD or rangers, I'd d i e, like ahhh! Sinnoh in the past?? ALOLA IN THE PAST?? This is so so exciting c:
IllusiveFox wrote on 2021-02-26 08:30:09:
I KNOWW---if this becomes its own sidefranchise like PMD or rangers, I'd d i e, like ahhh! Sinnoh in the past?? ALOLA IN THE PAST?? This is so so exciting c:
mKTebPi.png
___________ image.png
+ Lore Arc
+ Dragons for Sale
+ Wishlist
Ask me about my writing projects! +
image.png
TXY0RA0.png
1 2 3 4 5