Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | DIamond and Pearl remakes
1 2 3 4 5
I can't believe they're finally coming I've waited like 10 years for this
I can't believe they're finally coming I've waited like 10 years for this
akueye3.png
I'm extremely excited because they're actually outsourced, and it definitely isn't obviously built on SwSh. They're already doing stuff GF would never do like Open World. This could be the best stuff we've seen since HGSS. I just hope the frontier gets in.

As for legends, no I think people are going to be disappointed again. And the bar is probably low.
I'm extremely excited because they're actually outsourced, and it definitely isn't obviously built on SwSh. They're already doing stuff GF would never do like Open World. This could be the best stuff we've seen since HGSS. I just hope the frontier gets in.

As for legends, no I think people are going to be disappointed again. And the bar is probably low.
My writing project.
I didn't quite believe it was happening either, until I squealed to the friend I was watching it with that the year was 2007 that HAD to mean D/P remakes. The art style was jarring, but I learned to love it with Link's Awakening, I'm sure it'll be the case here.

Honestly I'm really excited for the open world Pokemon game too, that's something I've been waiting for just as long!
I didn't quite believe it was happening either, until I squealed to the friend I was watching it with that the year was 2007 that HAD to mean D/P remakes. The art style was jarring, but I learned to love it with Link's Awakening, I'm sure it'll be the case here.

Honestly I'm really excited for the open world Pokemon game too, that's something I've been waiting for just as long!
Not a fan of the direct remakes, since they seem like they're gonna be in the same vein as let's go ;n;; (meaning, too easy, and not a huge fan of the chibi tbh)

BUT LEGENDS???
I'm literally so excited there are no words it looks so gOOD--
Not a fan of the direct remakes, since they seem like they're gonna be in the same vein as let's go ;n;; (meaning, too easy, and not a huge fan of the chibi tbh)

BUT LEGENDS???
I'm literally so excited there are no words it looks so gOOD--
mKTebPi.png
___________ image.png
+ Lore Arc
+ Dragons for Sale
+ Wishlist
Ask me about my writing projects! +
image.png
TXY0RA0.png
[quote name="AwkwardAngel" date="2021-02-26 07:51:40" ] Not a fan of the direct remakes, since they seem like they're gonna be in the same vein as let's go ;n;; (meaning, too easy, and not a huge fan of the chibi tbh) [/quote]As long as it has frontier that won't be an issue as much. It would just mean you can get through the campaign quicker for the actual meat. I do hope the original D/P difficulty is kept though, hopefully with Platinum's dex.
AwkwardAngel wrote on 2021-02-26 07:51:40:
As long as it has frontier that won't be an issue as much. It would just mean you can get through the campaign quicker for the actual meat.

I do hope the original D/P difficulty is kept though, hopefully with Platinum's dex.
My writing project.
Diamond and Pearl weren't my favorite gen, but Im really excited! Although I think Legends easily stole the thunder from the remakes for me. 2022 cant come soon enough!

Also, did anyone catch the release date for the D/P remakes? I cant remember if they showed it or not, or if Im mixing it up with Legends.
Diamond and Pearl weren't my favorite gen, but Im really excited! Although I think Legends easily stole the thunder from the remakes for me. 2022 cant come soon enough!

Also, did anyone catch the release date for the D/P remakes? I cant remember if they showed it or not, or if Im mixing it up with Legends.
red lizard from rain world

» Formerly Ceruleanfire, Springfire
» She/Her
» +2 FR Time || Pings welcome!
Nice! I don't even remember if I finished them, but honestly I'm more excited for a possibility of b/w on the Switch in like 3-5 years. I hope the chibi artstyle stays for that at least, I don't want the remakes to be overrun by clothing gimmicks and so on.

I'm more interested in Pokémon Legends: Arceus though, I hope it has a lot to offer.
Nice! I don't even remember if I finished them, but honestly I'm more excited for a possibility of b/w on the Switch in like 3-5 years. I hope the chibi artstyle stays for that at least, I don't want the remakes to be overrun by clothing gimmicks and so on.

I'm more interested in Pokémon Legends: Arceus though, I hope it has a lot to offer.
@Ceruleanfire

All it said for the remakes was 'Late 2021', while Legends just said 2022. My guess would be in November, because that's when a lot of other Pokemon games were released, but release dates are probably pretty up in the air right now!
@Ceruleanfire

All it said for the remakes was 'Late 2021', while Legends just said 2022. My guess would be in November, because that's when a lot of other Pokemon games were released, but release dates are probably pretty up in the air right now!
Not sure how to feel, tbh.

Diamond/Pearl came out when I was seriously disengaged from the whole franchise, so much so that when I heard about them, I didn't care. The only reason I decided to give it a go was because I fell in love with Dialga's design, and it was honestly the generation that brought me back, it's special in a way.

The sprite design on the overworld, not too fussed about. A bit weird, but eh, paying homage to the originals. But the in-battle/cutscene sprites...something is seriously messing with me in regards to them. I don't even know why, my brain just goes "NOPE!" at the sight of them. Still, it's early days so that will hopefully change.

The thing I'm most worried about is the closeup of the legend statue that's in...that one town, don't remember the name. Please don't let it be a hint of another stupid "MERGE THE LEGENDS!!!!" thing, don't you do that to Dialga, please please please....

As for Legends....not liking how it looks more like GO in playstyle, and the choice of starters is so confusing. Why? Why those three?

Diamond/Pearl came out when I was seriously disengaged from the whole franchise, so much so that when I heard about them, I didn't care. The only reason I decided to give it a go was because I fell in love with Dialga's design, and it was honestly the generation that brought me back, it's special in a way.

The sprite design on the overworld, not too fussed about. A bit weird, but eh, paying homage to the originals. But the in-battle/cutscene sprites...something is seriously messing with me in regards to them. I don't even know why, my brain just goes "NOPE!" at the sight of them. Still, it's early days so that will hopefully change.

The thing I'm most worried about is the closeup of the legend statue that's in...that one town, don't remember the name. Please don't let it be a hint of another stupid "MERGE THE LEGENDS!!!!" thing, don't you do that to Dialga, please please please....

As for Legends....not liking how it looks more like GO in playstyle, and the choice of starters is so confusing. Why? Why those three?
*Looks at lair* Ah yes. Organised chaos.
KASr4bY.png
[quote name="@SheridanCharon" date="2021-02-26 08:00:48" ] Not sure how to feel, tbh. Diamond/Pearl came out when I was seriously disengaged from the whole franchise, so much so that when I heard about them, I didn't care. The only reason I decided to give it a go was because I fell in love with Dialga's design, and it was honestly the generation that brought me back, it's special in a way. The sprite design on the overworld, not too fussed about. A bit weird, but eh, paying homage to the originals. But the in-battle/cutscene sprites...something is seriously messing with me in regards to them. I don't even know why, my brain just goes "NOPE!" at the sight of them. Still, it's early days so that will hopefully change. The thing I'm most worried about is the closeup of the legend statue that's in...that one town, don't remember the name. Please don't let it be a hint of another stupid "MERGE THE LEGENDS!!!!" thing, please please please.... As for Legends....not liking how it looks more like GO in playstyle, and the choice of starters is so confusing. Why? Why those three? [/quote] The original statue was like that too in the game [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/654785941097152534/814888151914643496/20210226_105429.jpg[/img] in the manga [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/654785941097152534/814888228419141673/EywpbDuRL-gSCfoaYBYfRp4mykRiMO0g9O5Y4LEUIMw.jpg[/img]
@SheridanCharon wrote on 2021-02-26 08:00:48:

The thing I'm most worried about is the closeup of the legend statue that's in...that one town, don't remember the name. Please don't let it be a hint of another stupid "MERGE THE LEGENDS!!!!" thing, please please please....

The original statue was like that too

in the game
20210226_105429.jpg
in the manga
EywpbDuRL-gSCfoaYBYfRp4mykRiMO0g9O5Y4LEUIMw.jpg
akueye3.png
1 2 3 4 5