Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Community Update, December 2020
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 23 24
[quote name="InsanityPrelude" date="2020-12-16 12:10:31" ] Am I the only one who thought Prudence was the noggle this whole time? [/quote] Nope!
InsanityPrelude wrote on 2020-12-16 12:10:31:
Am I the only one who thought Prudence was the noggle this whole time?

Nope!
WKtl2lb.png
1YB0OjO.png
RUGBzP5.png
jQub7yI.png
wAfJ7Bn.png
reHWBXk.png
lSyxazy.png
p19HCH0.png
I think the naming system is a bit broken hopefully that gets fixed in this update or the next, I have to constantly randomize names is it just me or are others having the same problem?
I think the naming system is a bit broken hopefully that gets fixed in this update or the next, I have to constantly randomize names is it just me or are others having the same problem?
To whoever asked about the coli animation, (assuming you'll ever see this lol) it's my best guess as an animation student that they're animated in Adobe After Effects! I've done similar things to my own dragons in the program.

The program has a function to create puppet meshes out of still images, as well as import photoshop files with their layers intact and move them around. The puppet mesh animation can create a distinct kind of warped look, (watch how a psywurm breathes and the way the wingtips move on the croakers) which is why it's supplemented by cutout-style animation.

For example, the toridae in the Mire look like they're made out of 3 pieces - the body, the legs, and the tail - and they all move separately from each other. There's no warping. Similar cutout animation includes the tails on the Shellions and the arms on the podids.

To whoever asked about the coli animation, (assuming you'll ever see this lol) it's my best guess as an animation student that they're animated in Adobe After Effects! I've done similar things to my own dragons in the program.

The program has a function to create puppet meshes out of still images, as well as import photoshop files with their layers intact and move them around. The puppet mesh animation can create a distinct kind of warped look, (watch how a psywurm breathes and the way the wingtips move on the croakers) which is why it's supplemented by cutout-style animation.

For example, the toridae in the Mire look like they're made out of 3 pieces - the body, the legs, and the tail - and they all move separately from each other. There's no warping. Similar cutout animation includes the tails on the Shellions and the arms on the podids.

old-oaks-2.png - old-dragon-bump.gif - dNCLmdm.png
Oh gosh, I am an enamel pin collector and I would buy ALL the deities as pins! It would be really cool to do flight emblems too.
Oh gosh, I am an enamel pin collector and I would buy ALL the deities as pins! It would be really cool to do flight emblems too.
tundrasig_small.png
#1 Speckle Fan * Old Dragon Collector * FR+3
Congrats to the winners!!!!! Also I really hope they do let us know what happens at the end of the seed and the sickness!!!! I'm not sure if I have the patience to wait!!!!

Imagine if it caused the reveal of the ancient nature or plauge dragons!!!
Congrats to the winners!!!!! Also I really hope they do let us know what happens at the end of the seed and the sickness!!!! I'm not sure if I have the patience to wait!!!!

Imagine if it caused the reveal of the ancient nature or plauge dragons!!!
welcome alphaeon!!
welcome alphaeon!!
icon dragon | wishlist
remind me not to impulse buy
redoing everything all the time give me a minute
Congrats to the caption winners, and to all those who correctly guessed Prudence's identity!
Congrats to the caption winners, and to all those who correctly guessed Prudence's identity!
igmcfSH.pngPXjp8QF.pngOn4IJIp.pngxcRmvRB.pngprsdX1I.png
@Saddi, @Norayna0ekoa, in general with questions, I should call attention to the disclaimers about Ask the Team: [quote][b][size=4]Ask the Team Answers[/b][/size] Questions submitted to us through the "Ask the Team" category will be answered in our Community Updates. [i][b]Note:[/b] While we won't be able to answer every question sent to us, all questions are documented for the [i]Flight Rising[/i] team to review, both now and in the future.[/i] [b][size=4]As Always[/size][/b] We don't provide estimated release dates, privileged information, or discuss account actions with third-parties. [/quote] What this means is that some questions may not have an answer or an answer we're able to share at the time it's asked. Norayna0ekoa, if you have a question about the rules or policies themselves, the 'Ask the Team' category [b][url=https://flightrising.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new]on the webform[/url][/b] is not the category to use. Use the 'Other' category for the time being and clearly title your ticket. Saddi, that's...a lot of questions! As far as an answer goes, if you have two document pages of text, your first instinct to bundle related questions is a good one to follow. You'll receive automated replies confirming receipt and your questions will be documented for future review.
@Saddi, @Norayna0ekoa, in general with questions, I should call attention to the disclaimers about Ask the Team:

Quote:
Ask the Team Answers

Questions submitted to us through the "Ask the Team" category will be answered in our Community Updates.

Note: While we won't be able to answer every question sent to us, all questions are documented for the Flight Rising team to review, both now and in the future.

As Always

We don't provide estimated release dates, privileged information, or discuss account actions with third-parties.

What this means is that some questions may not have an answer or an answer we're able to share at the time it's asked.

Norayna0ekoa, if you have a question about the rules or policies themselves, the 'Ask the Team' category on the webform is not the category to use. Use the 'Other' category for the time being and clearly title your ticket.

Saddi, that's...a lot of questions! As far as an answer goes, if you have two document pages of text, your first instinct to bundle related questions is a good one to follow. You'll receive automated replies confirming receipt and your questions will be documented for future review.
oooh the big info dump. cool to know that adventure mode hasn't been forgotten even if it still may be a long way off - it's something i didn't know about until recently.
oooh the big info dump. cool to know that adventure mode hasn't been forgotten even if it still may be a long way off - it's something i didn't know about until recently.
bHeX9bv.png
finally all that time spent on stained glass comes in handy [emoji=pearlcatcher love size=1] but seriously, I'm honored that y'all liked my description!
finally all that time spent on stained glass comes in handy but seriously, I'm honored that y'all liked my description!
tumblr_inline_nfx4qkzLCB1r6zydg.png
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 23 24