Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Community Update, December 2020
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 23 24
alright c: nice to hear that adventure mode hasn't been scrapped, even if it's in very early development
alright c: nice to hear that adventure mode hasn't been scrapped, even if it's in very early development
VVM4XuM.png
Pipp & Tripp are orphans taken in by Swipp...that's so sweet. I love the Trading Post NPCs too & I love the nice lil lore bits we got from this Q&A <3

Thanks for taking the time to answer some questions!
Pipp & Tripp are orphans taken in by Swipp...that's so sweet. I love the Trading Post NPCs too & I love the nice lil lore bits we got from this Q&A <3

Thanks for taking the time to answer some questions!
JNgbpVq.gif
Love that Crusty Copper Pot caption xD

Thanks for answering a bunch of questions, and leaving some largely unanswered as well mind you. =P

Looking forward to all the new updates and development coming from this team!
Love that Crusty Copper Pot caption xD

Thanks for answering a bunch of questions, and leaving some largely unanswered as well mind you. =P

Looking forward to all the new updates and development coming from this team!
A stick of yellow butter with blue butterfly wings. At by MythicalViper!xCmYhaC.pngMA3bre1.png
All the lore answers were really interesting to read and the ones about Fiona and the trading post especially made me smile! :D

And congrats to the winners for the caption contest!
All the lore answers were really interesting to read and the ones about Fiona and the trading post especially made me smile! :D

And congrats to the winners for the caption contest!
~ Cey/Ceylar ~
~ She/Her ~
~ They/Them ~
~ FR+8 ~
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ mrRenVJ.png
@Mithrel, @EarthTiger, the items have been updated and are now dropping as intended! Our apologies for the confusion!

@Serpentinite, the awards are going out as I type!
@Mithrel, @EarthTiger, the items have been updated and are now dropping as intended! Our apologies for the confusion!

@Serpentinite, the awards are going out as I type!
Welcome Alphaeon!!
Welcome Alphaeon!!
Welcome back, Alphaeon!
Welcome back, Alphaeon!
ZIuG4kr.png 1523821381-siggy.png
12 new food items for me to collect!
12 new food items for me to collect!
Signature_zpss7bcoadx.jpg
[quote name="Glaciarie" date="2020-12-16 10:07:40" ] Plague Dragon Healer treatment seems awful to be honest, I feel like most of their patients must perish [/quote] Well, keep in mind that most of the dragons being healed are also Plague dragons - they have an inbuilt resistance to poisons, infection, and disease, so it's not necessarily as dangerous as it sounds. The way I look at it, it's not that different in concept to crude vaccination - allowing the dragon to fight the infection in a controlled environment (under the healer's care) while cultivating a future resistance. I really liked that bit of lore, it fits Plague philosophy to a T. Also it's good to know that Ridgebacks can retract those claws, I'd wondered if they had trouble walking around. Also chiming in to the chorus - I'm happy to know Adventure Mode's still on the table, because that's always sounded extremely fun and I'm mad excited to see what it contains. The lore about breed change scrolls and Emperors rose some new questions for me, though - is there some property about exalted dragons that prevents breed change scrolls from working? Do those dragons achieve a different state of being by being that close to the deities? Do they actually leave Sornieth? I'd just assumed you couldn't breed change them because they weren't affiliated with your clan anymore and you couldn't tell them what to do.
Glaciarie wrote on 2020-12-16 10:07:40:
Plague Dragon Healer treatment seems awful to be honest, I feel like most of their patients must perish
Well, keep in mind that most of the dragons being healed are also Plague dragons - they have an inbuilt resistance to poisons, infection, and disease, so it's not necessarily as dangerous as it sounds. The way I look at it, it's not that different in concept to crude vaccination - allowing the dragon to fight the infection in a controlled environment (under the healer's care) while cultivating a future resistance. I really liked that bit of lore, it fits Plague philosophy to a T.

Also it's good to know that Ridgebacks can retract those claws, I'd wondered if they had trouble walking around.

Also chiming in to the chorus - I'm happy to know Adventure Mode's still on the table, because that's always sounded extremely fun and I'm mad excited to see what it contains.

The lore about breed change scrolls and Emperors rose some new questions for me, though - is there some property about exalted dragons that prevents breed change scrolls from working? Do those dragons achieve a different state of being by being that close to the deities? Do they actually leave Sornieth? I'd just assumed you couldn't breed change them because they weren't affiliated with your clan anymore and you couldn't tell them what to do.
tumblr_inline_omxl63fueX1s9ucgw_500.gif
XPDxt22.png
Hm, I did kind of wish we had an answer on who invented the Courier breed, though. I would guess Wind, but they already have two breeds

I guess Baldwin could have done it
Hm, I did kind of wish we had an answer on who invented the Courier breed, though. I would guess Wind, but they already have two breeds

I guess Baldwin could have done it
Celeana.gifZ90Qjk6.pngkqQwOfO.gif lV1AgF0.gif

....Celeana.gif.... yLXYjDO.pngZ90Qjk6.pngkqQwOfO.gif
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 23 24