Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Community Update, December 2020
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 23 24
[quote]The Red-Winged Owlcat is an interesting example. If you look quite closely, there isn’t really that much red! The “red” areas are full of wildly shifting yellows, oranges, and (in the shadows) browns. Sable is actually the most prominent color in that area due to shadows on the back wing, but our eyes think of it as orange/red because we know it’s in shadow.[/quote] I'm not sure this quite covers the question asked - sure, there's not much red in the image, but there aren't any yellows or oranges in gene colors either. It seems like the brighter-colored patches aren't counted at all.
Quote:
The Red-Winged Owlcat is an interesting example. If you look quite closely, there isn’t really that much red! The “red” areas are full of wildly shifting yellows, oranges, and (in the shadows) browns. Sable is actually the most prominent color in that area due to shadows on the back wing, but our eyes think of it as orange/red because we know it’s in shadow.

I'm not sure this quite covers the question asked - sure, there's not much red in the image, but there aren't any yellows or oranges in gene colors either. It seems like the brighter-colored patches aren't counted at all.
57309853.png 60493745.png 62700439.png 67353603.png 66798805.png
Congrats to the caption contest winners!
Congrats to the caption contest winners!
PQznZys.png
i was right! prudence IS the roc!
i was right! prudence IS the roc!
Congratulations everyone!! :DD
Congratulations everyone!! :DD
BhNPnkO.gif
Grats to the winner of the contest.
Grats to the winner of the contest.
tumblr_n8h81aIYJy1si697do1_500.png
I love helping people so if you ever need help feel free to ask.

I'm also open to breed any of my dragons.

tumblr_n8h81aIYJy1si697do1_500.png
I think this has been my favorite CU update so far for the entire time I've been here. Those item descriptions are all VERY GOOD. && welcome back @/Alphaeon!

I think this has been my favorite CU update so far for the entire time I've been here. Those item descriptions are all VERY GOOD. && welcome back @/Alphaeon!

She|Her - Ace - FRT(0) | Lore
g67EwfB.png
this is ruining me [quote]Plague healers are an interesting bunch because rather than administer treatments that counter illness, they use a mixture of magic and contagion that stress the affected dragon further, allowing them to reach a stronger, healed, and resistant state faster than other elements. Plague healers will treat physical injuries with sutures, bandages, and braces, but they won't clean the wounds or apply ointments.[/quote] like. are plague dragons for or against maggots then? what about leeches? is the magic just speeding up healing the thing without disinfecting it [s]because I already use that idea somewhere and I don't want to use it in two settings[/s]. if you get poisoned do plague dragons not want you to drink water. do you almost always reach a stronger state through the magic? because then that's just healing. and if you don't why does anyone bother doing it and not just heal in a way that would, perhaps, make you not die. animals lick their wounds and stuff so cleaning things isn't an unnatural behavior, if there's dirt in your cut I don't think it's your body's fault for not being able to get it out. does sornieth even have "real" illnesses or are we drastically misled about what contagions encompasses
this is ruining me
Quote:
Plague healers are an interesting bunch because rather than administer treatments that counter illness, they use a mixture of magic and contagion that stress the affected dragon further, allowing them to reach a stronger, healed, and resistant state faster than other elements. Plague healers will treat physical injuries with sutures, bandages, and braces, but they won't clean the wounds or apply ointments.
like. are plague dragons for or against maggots then? what about leeches? is the magic just speeding up healing the thing without disinfecting it because I already use that idea somewhere and I don't want to use it in two settings. if you get poisoned do plague dragons not want you to drink water. do you almost always reach a stronger state through the magic? because then that's just healing. and if you don't why does anyone bother doing it and not just heal in a way that would, perhaps, make you not die. animals lick their wounds and stuff so cleaning things isn't an unnatural behavior, if there's dirt in your cut I don't think it's your body's fault for not being able to get it out. does sornieth even have "real" illnesses or are we drastically misled about what contagions encompasses
9JujC4r.png9smSRop.png
plague_rune_50x50.png
OOOFR +0OOO
x78oEKd.png f9a32de21f619685c021adafe3a356066a54ad09.png
21z9rai.gifl5SWccB.gif
2rTMEfu.png
Check out my adopts at
Infernal Beasts,
my lore-based
Scatterquest,
or my skin shop,
Dracopunk!
Congrats to the winners! I love the descriptions! [emoji=new friend size=1]
Congrats to the winners! I love the descriptions!
tumblr_inline_oau8m87f2v1soemy4_75sq.png Duchess
She/her
FR +4
Skin Shop
Hatchery
Wishlist
tumblr_inline_oau8m8bPWA1soemy4_75sq.png aaarmsolympic-icon.pngTitanic109.pngrmstitanic-icon.png
omg
omg
0o4ndhs.png
Lightning Flight has LÄMP.
Lightning Flight has LÄMP.
vckV4Hu.pngnbYcIeA.png
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 23 24