Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | [CLOSED] Win a Veilspun Scroll
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
This is such a kind giveaway, thank you for hosting this and making a place where we can be proud of our own self-care and see how other people are taking care of themselves!

I have a really hard time asking for help, because I feel really guilty putting anything else on other people, even if they offer. I've been a mod of a roleplay group for a few years now, and it's always been a stress reliever for myself and it's been very fun to try and make a safe and fun space for other people. This most recent roleplay I am the main mod in charge, and it's been fun but also very stressful, especially in compound with my job and with everything that's going on in 2020. I hate admitting that it's making me stressed though, because I want the rp to be a place for other people to de-stress.

Finally, the other day, I let myself ask for help. I reached out to my friends and asked if they could help me with some writing and art for the RP, and they gladly agreed. It feels like such a weight off my shoulders and it has helped make the rp into something I can enjoy again. I know this is, overall, something pretty small, but it was a really important reminder for myself that I can ask for help and my friends will tell me if they can't. I shouldn't just assume I have to do everything alone because I think other people will dislike me for showing any kind of weakness.

Anyways, that's all! Thank you for reading. And if you're anything like me, here's a reminder that it is okay to ask for help, and you don't have to do everything all the time. You deserve to take a break, too.
This is such a kind giveaway, thank you for hosting this and making a place where we can be proud of our own self-care and see how other people are taking care of themselves!

I have a really hard time asking for help, because I feel really guilty putting anything else on other people, even if they offer. I've been a mod of a roleplay group for a few years now, and it's always been a stress reliever for myself and it's been very fun to try and make a safe and fun space for other people. This most recent roleplay I am the main mod in charge, and it's been fun but also very stressful, especially in compound with my job and with everything that's going on in 2020. I hate admitting that it's making me stressed though, because I want the rp to be a place for other people to de-stress.

Finally, the other day, I let myself ask for help. I reached out to my friends and asked if they could help me with some writing and art for the RP, and they gladly agreed. It feels like such a weight off my shoulders and it has helped make the rp into something I can enjoy again. I know this is, overall, something pretty small, but it was a really important reminder for myself that I can ask for help and my friends will tell me if they can't. I shouldn't just assume I have to do everything alone because I think other people will dislike me for showing any kind of weakness.

Anyways, that's all! Thank you for reading. And if you're anything like me, here's a reminder that it is okay to ask for help, and you don't have to do everything all the time. You deserve to take a break, too.
CkbRBhK.gif RkW1SLV.gif vPStQI3.gif
First of all, thank you so much for doing this raffle!

The best thing I did for myself this year that could be considered self care was definitely limiting communication with some toxic people in my life from my family, my aunt and sometimes my dad too, I was so sick of them always telling me what i should do/learn/read/eat etc., or comparing me with other people of my age who "did more than me so far". It's not that I had inferiority complexes or that I really started to think I'm way below most people of my age, because I didn't, I never really lacked a normal level of confidence but the problem is it was getting annoying and kinda scary at some point?Like I was afraid that if I keep letting them be a big part of my life, they will try to control my life and decisions forever, and the thing is I have a very different opinion compared to theirs when it comes to what a good, fulfilling and successful life means, and I wouldn't have liked to constantly argue with them about what I want to do with my life, life is stressful enough as it is, and after a long day of learning/working I bet no one would like to come home and hear their relatives screaming at them and starting arguments, because of them I have freedom issues if I could call them like that, what I mean is, I'd rather be all alone but free than surrounded by many people and having to obey their rules in my free time, I get it to obey rules at work, but in your free time and about your life? Nope.Never.Not to mention that I had countless arguments with them when instead of medschool, I decided to become a nurse and to go to a nursing college, 3 years ago, that time of my life really sucked, I don't think there's anything worse than to not be able to do what you want with your life and to not have freedom, I used to do almost everything the way they wanted me to, I went to the highschool they wanted me too, ended some friendships because of them, but when it came to my future career and adult life, I had to put an end to this tho I was really scared of their reaction I succeeded and in 2 years I'll start working as a registered nurse, I can say I'm pretty proud of myself for breaking free from their toxic controlling habits, right now I moved and I'm living with my mother and grandmother btw.
First of all, thank you so much for doing this raffle!

The best thing I did for myself this year that could be considered self care was definitely limiting communication with some toxic people in my life from my family, my aunt and sometimes my dad too, I was so sick of them always telling me what i should do/learn/read/eat etc., or comparing me with other people of my age who "did more than me so far". It's not that I had inferiority complexes or that I really started to think I'm way below most people of my age, because I didn't, I never really lacked a normal level of confidence but the problem is it was getting annoying and kinda scary at some point?Like I was afraid that if I keep letting them be a big part of my life, they will try to control my life and decisions forever, and the thing is I have a very different opinion compared to theirs when it comes to what a good, fulfilling and successful life means, and I wouldn't have liked to constantly argue with them about what I want to do with my life, life is stressful enough as it is, and after a long day of learning/working I bet no one would like to come home and hear their relatives screaming at them and starting arguments, because of them I have freedom issues if I could call them like that, what I mean is, I'd rather be all alone but free than surrounded by many people and having to obey their rules in my free time, I get it to obey rules at work, but in your free time and about your life? Nope.Never.Not to mention that I had countless arguments with them when instead of medschool, I decided to become a nurse and to go to a nursing college, 3 years ago, that time of my life really sucked, I don't think there's anything worse than to not be able to do what you want with your life and to not have freedom, I used to do almost everything the way they wanted me to, I went to the highschool they wanted me too, ended some friendships because of them, but when it came to my future career and adult life, I had to put an end to this tho I was really scared of their reaction I succeeded and in 2 years I'll start working as a registered nurse, I can say I'm pretty proud of myself for breaking free from their toxic controlling habits, right now I moved and I'm living with my mother and grandmother btw.
3adgzZD.pnggE96VFA.pngGJVtuPg.png
GIQnAA5.pngSM9WJh6.pngAMyO6Hf.png
I've done some self care by surrounding myself with better people, people who I enjoy spending time with. It's hard for me to make friends, if it's not my aggressive approach or pessimistic point of view caused by 3 years of depression, it's my health and medical history that scares people off and have them judge me. I've always been very shy and anti social, but I finally decided to speak in one of my friend's discord servers and I ended up becoming friends with some great people, they always check up to make sure I'm alright and even include me in playing games when I'm not very good and they know it. I've finally come a bit out of my shell and I don't regret it. Why, if it wasn't for me surrounding myself with such people and learning to socialize there's no way I'd have the confidence to be sending this right now. I'm very thankful for them, they keep me going and they've definitely impacted me in a positive way. They don't insult me or judge me for my physical and mental issues and it's nice to finally have people look past those things and just see me for me.

Thank you for this opportunity, I hope others surround themselves with wonderful people as well, you deserve it. I loved reading all these responses ahh- awesome seeing people take care of themselves.
I've done some self care by surrounding myself with better people, people who I enjoy spending time with. It's hard for me to make friends, if it's not my aggressive approach or pessimistic point of view caused by 3 years of depression, it's my health and medical history that scares people off and have them judge me. I've always been very shy and anti social, but I finally decided to speak in one of my friend's discord servers and I ended up becoming friends with some great people, they always check up to make sure I'm alright and even include me in playing games when I'm not very good and they know it. I've finally come a bit out of my shell and I don't regret it. Why, if it wasn't for me surrounding myself with such people and learning to socialize there's no way I'd have the confidence to be sending this right now. I'm very thankful for them, they keep me going and they've definitely impacted me in a positive way. They don't insult me or judge me for my physical and mental issues and it's nice to finally have people look past those things and just see me for me.

Thank you for this opportunity, I hope others surround themselves with wonderful people as well, you deserve it. I loved reading all these responses ahh- awesome seeing people take care of themselves.
Thanks for hosting this giveaway <3 Just today I felt super tired because of life stressors and my tight schedule, and I couldn’t concentrate on my homework. I fell asleep on the couch and cancelled my piano lesson this afternoon so I could finish my homework before night. Had a cup of coffee and thankfully I got everything, except for one overdue summative :<, finished! I get to sleep on time tonight, hooray [emoji=firework size=1]
Thanks for hosting this giveaway <3

Just today I felt super tired because of life stressors and my tight schedule, and I couldn’t concentrate on my homework. I fell asleep on the couch and cancelled my piano lesson this afternoon so I could finish my homework before night. Had a cup of coffee and thankfully I got everything, except for one overdue summative :<, finished! I get to sleep on time tonight, hooray
sig wip :)
Thank you so much for doing this. Good luck to everyone, drink some water if you haven't already, and stay safe.

For the last year or so, I've been unemployed and not in school, so I haven't had much to do. Depression has been real tough lately, often to the point I can barely get out of bed. I cut off an abusive parent recently, and I've never felt so free. Its like a weight was lifted off my shoulders. It's been hard, not talking to her, but I've been trying to get back on track by doing at least one little thing every day. Even if its so much as a daily duolingo lesson, or drinking some water, or eating, its my best I can do. Today I managed to drink some water (two and a half bottles) and even made some slow cook roast for dinner. Thanks for reading this, and I hope everyone has a good day.
Thank you so much for doing this. Good luck to everyone, drink some water if you haven't already, and stay safe.

For the last year or so, I've been unemployed and not in school, so I haven't had much to do. Depression has been real tough lately, often to the point I can barely get out of bed. I cut off an abusive parent recently, and I've never felt so free. Its like a weight was lifted off my shoulders. It's been hard, not talking to her, but I've been trying to get back on track by doing at least one little thing every day. Even if its so much as a daily duolingo lesson, or drinking some water, or eating, its my best I can do. Today I managed to drink some water (two and a half bottles) and even made some slow cook roast for dinner. Thanks for reading this, and I hope everyone has a good day.
rE6JzVU.png
Thank you for doing this!

I've been struggling with some anxiety lately (some covid related, some work related, some just me related) and feeling like I'm not living up to others expectations of me. On top of all that, I recently moved to a less-than-ideal housing situation because it's what I could afford and have been trying to make the most out of it even though it's been adding to my stress and anxiety.

For the past year or so, I've really wanted to get a Nintendo Switch, but since money is always tight, and since I get insanely guilty if I buy anything that doesn't serve a necessary purpose (i.e. anything besides food or gas or essential household items), I haven't gotten one.

But this weekend, I finally ordered one. I still got stressed and had a lot of buyer's guilt, but I decided that I needed to reward myself for being financially responsible for years, for dealing with a stressful living situation, and for working hard at my job. Self-care for me usually involves just watching a movie or sleeping in, but since this has been an extra terrible year, it felt good to reward myself with something a little extra (ok a lot extra).

I also just want to acknowledge that I recognize that I'm extremely privileged to even have a job during covid, to even have a place to live, and to be financially stable enough to spend money on a completely unnecessary gaming system that serves no purpose other than to relieve stress. I don't want this post to come across as me flaunting that privilege, because that is not my intention at all. This is just the first time I've done something to reward myself physically for doing my best to get through this crazy world, and even though it may seem dumb or silly to other people, it does actually means something to me (and I can also acknowledge it is a slightly dumb and silly thing to be proud of).

I hope everyone is hanging in there and can practice self-care from time to time, because we all need it, no matter what it means for you <3 Wear a mask, wash your hands, and love yourself--- we got this!
Thank you for doing this!

I've been struggling with some anxiety lately (some covid related, some work related, some just me related) and feeling like I'm not living up to others expectations of me. On top of all that, I recently moved to a less-than-ideal housing situation because it's what I could afford and have been trying to make the most out of it even though it's been adding to my stress and anxiety.

For the past year or so, I've really wanted to get a Nintendo Switch, but since money is always tight, and since I get insanely guilty if I buy anything that doesn't serve a necessary purpose (i.e. anything besides food or gas or essential household items), I haven't gotten one.

But this weekend, I finally ordered one. I still got stressed and had a lot of buyer's guilt, but I decided that I needed to reward myself for being financially responsible for years, for dealing with a stressful living situation, and for working hard at my job. Self-care for me usually involves just watching a movie or sleeping in, but since this has been an extra terrible year, it felt good to reward myself with something a little extra (ok a lot extra).

I also just want to acknowledge that I recognize that I'm extremely privileged to even have a job during covid, to even have a place to live, and to be financially stable enough to spend money on a completely unnecessary gaming system that serves no purpose other than to relieve stress. I don't want this post to come across as me flaunting that privilege, because that is not my intention at all. This is just the first time I've done something to reward myself physically for doing my best to get through this crazy world, and even though it may seem dumb or silly to other people, it does actually means something to me (and I can also acknowledge it is a slightly dumb and silly thing to be proud of).

I hope everyone is hanging in there and can practice self-care from time to time, because we all need it, no matter what it means for you <3 Wear a mask, wash your hands, and love yourself--- we got this!
wjPnp7u.png
I bought some pork from the butchers for the first time. I'm quite timid when it comes to physical social interactions so I managed to get over that today and get some pork! So with that pork I also learnt how to make pulled pork although it didn't turn out as BBQ as I liked it - it still tasted good though so I'm pretty happy hoe that turned out :)
I bought some pork from the butchers for the first time. I'm quite timid when it comes to physical social interactions so I managed to get over that today and get some pork! So with that pork I also learnt how to make pulled pork although it didn't turn out as BBQ as I liked it - it still tasted good though so I'm pretty happy hoe that turned out :)
74608095.png 67644545.png 66323483.png My Wishlist
Long Drop Coli
Aella Hatchery (Green dragons)
HFNgSxI.gif
You're very kind for doing this!

I cooked an actual meal yesterday that wasn't just eggs/deli meat! It's been like a month since I really made a homecooked meal, I've just been super unmotivated with school and everything. It's really amazing how nice it is to eat something with spices/more flavours than just salt.
You're very kind for doing this!

I cooked an actual meal yesterday that wasn't just eggs/deli meat! It's been like a month since I really made a homecooked meal, I've just been super unmotivated with school and everything. It's really amazing how nice it is to eat something with spices/more flavours than just salt.
CuRYOHc.jpg[url][/url]
My partner and I have both been working crazy hours to make up for being unemployed during lockdown. After I worked 8 days in a row and he worked a 70 hour week, we were both so exhausted we called out. We spent the day in bed sleeping and watching old sci fi. Now every night before bed we watch an episode of some sci fi drama and in the morning while we get ready we talk about our favorite part. It's just a little thing to look forward to that makes long days bearable.
My partner and I have both been working crazy hours to make up for being unemployed during lockdown. After I worked 8 days in a row and he worked a 70 hour week, we were both so exhausted we called out. We spent the day in bed sleeping and watching old sci fi. Now every night before bed we watch an episode of some sci fi drama and in the morning while we get ready we talk about our favorite part. It's just a little thing to look forward to that makes long days bearable.
i've been having a super rough time lately, so i've been taking at least 2 hours out of every day to relax and play my all-time favorite video game series, as i have found a mod that combines 3 of my favorite installments to the series, and i've been enjoying exploring that. losing myself in a fantasy world for a bit helps me to mentally re-calibrate, i guess.
i've been having a super rough time lately, so i've been taking at least 2 hours out of every day to relax and play my all-time favorite video game series, as i have found a mod that combines 3 of my favorite installments to the series, and i've been enjoying exploring that. losing myself in a fantasy world for a bit helps me to mentally re-calibrate, i guess.
ZdU5k5u.pngZb4vLKj.png

Aswnqzl.pngLRdLP2V.png
DisQoWb.png3adgzZD.png

IKIiFdA.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10