Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | So, how long do you think it will last?
1 2 ... 73 74 75 76 77 ... 79 80
My parents are high risk and don't take it seriously at all. They never stopped going to mass gatherings. :( I hope most people are staying inside or keeping to small family groups because it makes me feel the US economy was shut down for nothing.
My parents are high risk and don't take it seriously at all. They never stopped going to mass gatherings. :( I hope most people are staying inside or keeping to small family groups because it makes me feel the US economy was shut down for nothing.
nymph.pngsand.png
Check out my gamedev,
art portfolio and personal blog!
@ https://blessfrey.me/
abbey.pnghavelock.png
Our country is facing a partial lockdown, so some have already gone to work in their companies while some just remained in their houses to work at home. The seniors in my school already starting attending classes there to prepare for their IGCSE? while the rest of the students just remain at home to attend online classes.

Also, my brother came back from Hong Kong recently. The atmosphere at home has really lit up a lot since his arrival back at home.

From what I heard, school is likely to reopen around August in my country.
Our country is facing a partial lockdown, so some have already gone to work in their companies while some just remained in their houses to work at home. The seniors in my school already starting attending classes there to prepare for their IGCSE? while the rest of the students just remain at home to attend online classes.

Also, my brother came back from Hong Kong recently. The atmosphere at home has really lit up a lot since his arrival back at home.

From what I heard, school is likely to reopen around August in my country.
Lo0UHoX.jpg
My summer job as a CIT has moved online, but if it goes away by summer my LARP group is planning a trip at the end of August. I also hope I can see my friends before they go to college.
My summer job as a CIT has moved online, but if it goes away by summer my LARP group is planning a trip at the end of August. I also hope I can see my friends before they go to college.
mOATlBI.pngZqWwbQC.pngGWb9eUn.pngeswSnrS.png
tyEuRXe.pngHxL61bT.pngzrSyS7t.pngczjozDN.png
11efmKl.pngmlHpBMC.pngU0bFCPN.pnglAvpyOQ.png
gYW0j5f.pnggWg1WHB.pngl8NOdbs.pngk9Rf9aq.png
Yeeeeeeaaah, 6 months of quarantine/stay-at-home order and counting! How much longer will it go? The world will never know.... *sobs*
Yeeeeeeaaah, 6 months of quarantine/stay-at-home order and counting! How much longer will it go? The world will never know.... *sobs*
cormbreb-FRsig.png
I've gotten to the point where I'm unfollowing everyone I know on social media who is just breaking health orders to hang out with friends and party. There is literally a former coworker I used to follow on Instagram whose grandpa literally just died of COVID19 but she continues to post about her going out and partying and stuff and I literally could not. Too many people I used to follow are posting ~ STAY HOME! PROTECT YOURSELF ~ and in the same h*cking day going out and socializing at crowded bars and restaurants. And I don't know about you, but in my area it's the restaurants and bars that have the highest case rates of all settings!! * And I'm just so mad at everyone right now. I'm purging my social media so I can stop literally getting mad all of the time. My husband and I have been stuck in our apartment this entire time and we don't go anywhere or do anything (other than take our dog out) and it's so infuriating seeing other people everywhere STILL CONSTANTLY BREAKING HEALTH ORDERS and that's why we as a region are not going to get over this pandemic anytime soon.

/ end rant.

*I hit 'Submit' instead of 'Preview' before I was ready to post.
I've gotten to the point where I'm unfollowing everyone I know on social media who is just breaking health orders to hang out with friends and party. There is literally a former coworker I used to follow on Instagram whose grandpa literally just died of COVID19 but she continues to post about her going out and partying and stuff and I literally could not. Too many people I used to follow are posting ~ STAY HOME! PROTECT YOURSELF ~ and in the same h*cking day going out and socializing at crowded bars and restaurants. And I don't know about you, but in my area it's the restaurants and bars that have the highest case rates of all settings!! * And I'm just so mad at everyone right now. I'm purging my social media so I can stop literally getting mad all of the time. My husband and I have been stuck in our apartment this entire time and we don't go anywhere or do anything (other than take our dog out) and it's so infuriating seeing other people everywhere STILL CONSTANTLY BREAKING HEALTH ORDERS and that's why we as a region are not going to get over this pandemic anytime soon.

/ end rant.

*I hit 'Submit' instead of 'Preview' before I was ready to post.
cormbreb-FRsig.png
@hallucinojen
True, still. It's pretty much impossible to get everyone to follow orders. Though I stopped keeping track of cases and stuff for my country, I bet it's still going up. By now, many people have gotten sick of the lockdown thing. I've gone out a few times, and some places are crowded.
@hallucinojen
True, still. It's pretty much impossible to get everyone to follow orders. Though I stopped keeping track of cases and stuff for my country, I bet it's still going up. By now, many people have gotten sick of the lockdown thing. I've gone out a few times, and some places are crowded.
mDIoUeW.png
Pyercé | they/them
mini gap links TBA
I'm already sick of lockdown. I'm stuck at home with my family, and I can't even watch things like My Hero Academia or JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (the former of which I have watched up to some point in Season 2, the latter of which I have yet to watch but I have been sucked into the fandom via the memes) when there are little kids in the house ALL DAY, and I can't just come up with an excuse for everyone else to leave the house for a few hours just so I can have time to watch JoJo

Also, I miss going to conventions
I'm already sick of lockdown. I'm stuck at home with my family, and I can't even watch things like My Hero Academia or JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (the former of which I have watched up to some point in Season 2, the latter of which I have yet to watch but I have been sucked into the fandom via the memes) when there are little kids in the house ALL DAY, and I can't just come up with an excuse for everyone else to leave the house for a few hours just so I can have time to watch JoJo

Also, I miss going to conventions
Phantom ~ She/Her ~ Ace ~ Formerly ThePhantomWolf/Shiromori
+2 FR Time ~ Final Fantasy and Touhou are my life
Terra%20-%20Victory%20(Front).gifSabin%20-%20Walk%20(Front).gifEdgar%20-%20Finger.gif Terra%20-%20Esper%20-%20Blink%20(Front).gif Setzer%20-%20Finger.gifCeles%20-%20Wink.gifMaria%20-%20Sing.gifLocke%20-%20Laugh.gifRelm%20-%20Wave%20(Front).gif
I don't know how long this is going to last, and it really scares me. If we had some kind of time frame, this would be easier to deal with, but as far as I can see it's stretching forward into the future infinitely. A few years at least from what I know about vaccines and how long it'll take to test, perfect, mass produce, and deliver them to hopefully everyone but of course there will be a huge outrage and people who refuse to take it. Worst case scenario they pull an insulin and make the vaccine really expensive, or just straight up are unable to formulate one at all.... I don't know how much longer everything is going to be able to function like this :( I wish the deniers were right and it'll magically disappear after november, that would be the ideal scenario honestly LMAO
I don't know how long this is going to last, and it really scares me. If we had some kind of time frame, this would be easier to deal with, but as far as I can see it's stretching forward into the future infinitely. A few years at least from what I know about vaccines and how long it'll take to test, perfect, mass produce, and deliver them to hopefully everyone but of course there will be a huge outrage and people who refuse to take it. Worst case scenario they pull an insulin and make the vaccine really expensive, or just straight up are unable to formulate one at all.... I don't know how much longer everything is going to be able to function like this :( I wish the deniers were right and it'll magically disappear after november, that would be the ideal scenario honestly LMAO
tumblr_p2igbpsXZ01s1rufio1_250.gif
micah
he/him
don't touch me I will lose my powers
be kind to everyone
you will play half life now λ
Tbh, my country is a disaster... Jan. first case, March lockdown, Aug.-now prepare for elections plus battle for vaccines (and wildfires in my state)... Future be like poor communities still vunerable and without vaccines, virus still exists (or reappears) & crowded places, government becomes an aristocracy or dictatorship... etc. etc. Not going to rant here; I did a few months ago, when the thread was really active.
Tbh, my country is a disaster... Jan. first case, March lockdown, Aug.-now prepare for elections plus battle for vaccines (and wildfires in my state)... Future be like poor communities still vunerable and without vaccines, virus still exists (or reappears) & crowded places, government becomes an aristocracy or dictatorship... etc. etc. Not going to rant here; I did a few months ago, when the thread was really active.
mDIoUeW.png
Pyercé | they/them
mini gap links TBA
i live in the third most infected state in the us and we're holding the state fair in october. :/ wonder why so many of us are getting sick. can't possibly be the giant two-week long events or the 1000+ person holiday parties. /s
i live in the third most infected state in the us and we're holding the state fair in october. :/ wonder why so many of us are getting sick. can't possibly be the giant two-week long events or the 1000+ person holiday parties. /s
Ollie | he/him
eGiN2Xv.png F8WMfQz.png thDLJf3.png
1 2 ... 73 74 75 76 77 ... 79 80