Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | So, how long do you think it will last?
1 2 ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80
for real this is such a sad thread to see now :(
for real this is such a sad thread to see now :(
I'm really worried and scared about this entire situation I have to admit. I'm attending college rn, and it really sucks not being able to interact with people at all. Not to mention the area I live in has a lot of elderly people and local nursing homes have been getting hit really bad :( I'm just grateful my grandparents have their own home and can stay inside..

That being said my cousins of all people have been very stubborn anti-mask people and don't wear any face protection when they visit my grandparents.. Honestly it makes me so angry I might just stop associating with them altogether. The worst part is is that their mom is a nurse and their dad is a professor on my campus, and their family likes to brag about being 'intelligent.'
I'm really worried and scared about this entire situation I have to admit. I'm attending college rn, and it really sucks not being able to interact with people at all. Not to mention the area I live in has a lot of elderly people and local nursing homes have been getting hit really bad :( I'm just grateful my grandparents have their own home and can stay inside..

That being said my cousins of all people have been very stubborn anti-mask people and don't wear any face protection when they visit my grandparents.. Honestly it makes me so angry I might just stop associating with them altogether. The worst part is is that their mom is a nurse and their dad is a professor on my campus, and their family likes to brag about being 'intelligent.'
cDDSaqc.png
bold of you to assume it's not like his forever now.
i hate this year. there's not been one single goddamn redeeming feature of the entire miserable thing. not one single moment of this worthless vacuum of hell that i wouldn't trade for any single moment of any other year before it, and i can say that confidently even without having any real remaining memory of last year or even any time before like june this year left at all. i would trade every second of this miserable slog since last december for even one minute of the year before it. i genuinely wish time had ended before 2019 did. but since time didn't grant us the mercy of ceasing to move forwards past september 2019, now i wish this goddamn world would just hurry the f up and end already and that's not hyperbole.

i'm not dumb enough to think there's a heaven and that i'd be going there and anny and my lost memories of him would be there waiting for me if there was one. but if there was a heaven if would be reliving all those memories with him that i've lost. if there was a heaven it would be to remember him again and with him go home. but he's been erased from my brain entirely to a staggeringly unprecedented degree that no other character has been before. he's literally been overwritten entirely with something else and there's nothing left of the original actual individual him before that thing amalgamated him away into nothing at all. he deserved so much better than this. i promised him i would give him so much more when he was here and now i never can.
bold of you to assume it's not like his forever now.
i hate this year. there's not been one single goddamn redeeming feature of the entire miserable thing. not one single moment of this worthless vacuum of hell that i wouldn't trade for any single moment of any other year before it, and i can say that confidently even without having any real remaining memory of last year or even any time before like june this year left at all. i would trade every second of this miserable slog since last december for even one minute of the year before it. i genuinely wish time had ended before 2019 did. but since time didn't grant us the mercy of ceasing to move forwards past september 2019, now i wish this goddamn world would just hurry the f up and end already and that's not hyperbole.

i'm not dumb enough to think there's a heaven and that i'd be going there and anny and my lost memories of him would be there waiting for me if there was one. but if there was a heaven if would be reliving all those memories with him that i've lost. if there was a heaven it would be to remember him again and with him go home. but he's been erased from my brain entirely to a staggeringly unprecedented degree that no other character has been before. he's literally been overwritten entirely with something else and there's nothing left of the original actual individual him before that thing amalgamated him away into nothing at all. he deserved so much better than this. i promised him i would give him so much more when he was here and now i never can.
ImLwTCX.png My Dragon Search Thread
Lol, epidemiologists say that don't bet on life getting back to normal until next year and that's even with a vaccine (because that would have sooooo many kinks to work out) and who tf knows if this strain has started to mutate already.
This whole thing is a cluster: the WHO kissing the feet of China- they did everything perfectly, even disappearing their own citizens into white windowless vans driven by guys in hazmat suits, never to be seen again; lying about their infection rate; shutting up whistleblowers... but you know, making jokes about bat soup and restricting travel to a country who place religious minorities into "reeducation camps" and harvest their organs to sell on black markets is soooo much worse, you guys, don't want to be labelled a racist, right?

All the while people's livelihoods, their lives, are being crippled: shutting down their businesses or forcing them to close their stores for good due to the stranglehold governments has on the people (not even taking into account on the wanton destruction, burning, looting and rioting breaking out). Mom and pop stores shuttered, bulldozed and replaced by Target and Walmarts- the rich get even richer. Thankfully, my job is an essential one, so I got a steady paycheck. Not so thankfully, I've wound up overworked, our area is understaffed and I think I'm getting burn out in the psychological sense, so that's cool.
I can't even believe what my country reports anymore because they're blowing everything out of proportion- all the deaths from COVID carry 1-2 comorbidities, but they don't tell you that because it won't get them views.

Why's the comorbidity thing an issue, you ask?
Well Timmy, what do you think goes on the death certificate of a hospice patient? Probably what made them go in hospice in the first place because hey, it's going to kill them, right? So when they finally die, morticians don't really have to assume much, but this is strange times, so better safe than sorry. When the tests come back, it says they were positive for COVID. Guess what that cause of death is going to be reported as? I'll give you one guess (spoiler: it's COVID).

We don't even know how deadly this is because the people who die that just so happen to be COVID+ are put in to the mass grave of the outrage news outlets. There is going to be one huge asterisk next to the death toll once they start writing this in the history books.

Or just not care at all, because hey, it's Clownworld now, who cares? The world's gone mad and I've grown too tired to do much except revel in the inevitable schadenfreude that comes from screeching lunatics. Is that pretty messed up? I guess, but hey, at least I ain't out there defending filth like 'Cuties' or LARP Mad Max or something lmaoooo
Lol, epidemiologists say that don't bet on life getting back to normal until next year and that's even with a vaccine (because that would have sooooo many kinks to work out) and who tf knows if this strain has started to mutate already.
This whole thing is a cluster: the WHO kissing the feet of China- they did everything perfectly, even disappearing their own citizens into white windowless vans driven by guys in hazmat suits, never to be seen again; lying about their infection rate; shutting up whistleblowers... but you know, making jokes about bat soup and restricting travel to a country who place religious minorities into "reeducation camps" and harvest their organs to sell on black markets is soooo much worse, you guys, don't want to be labelled a racist, right?

All the while people's livelihoods, their lives, are being crippled: shutting down their businesses or forcing them to close their stores for good due to the stranglehold governments has on the people (not even taking into account on the wanton destruction, burning, looting and rioting breaking out). Mom and pop stores shuttered, bulldozed and replaced by Target and Walmarts- the rich get even richer. Thankfully, my job is an essential one, so I got a steady paycheck. Not so thankfully, I've wound up overworked, our area is understaffed and I think I'm getting burn out in the psychological sense, so that's cool.
I can't even believe what my country reports anymore because they're blowing everything out of proportion- all the deaths from COVID carry 1-2 comorbidities, but they don't tell you that because it won't get them views.

Why's the comorbidity thing an issue, you ask?
Well Timmy, what do you think goes on the death certificate of a hospice patient? Probably what made them go in hospice in the first place because hey, it's going to kill them, right? So when they finally die, morticians don't really have to assume much, but this is strange times, so better safe than sorry. When the tests come back, it says they were positive for COVID. Guess what that cause of death is going to be reported as? I'll give you one guess (spoiler: it's COVID).

We don't even know how deadly this is because the people who die that just so happen to be COVID+ are put in to the mass grave of the outrage news outlets. There is going to be one huge asterisk next to the death toll once they start writing this in the history books.

Or just not care at all, because hey, it's Clownworld now, who cares? The world's gone mad and I've grown too tired to do much except revel in the inevitable schadenfreude that comes from screeching lunatics. Is that pretty messed up? I guess, but hey, at least I ain't out there defending filth like 'Cuties' or LARP Mad Max or something lmaoooo
Looking for these items at a reasonable price! DM if interested~
26941.png
When my school closed in the middle of March, the district said that it would probably open back up in the second week of April.
Then they said the first week of May.
Then the last week of school, and even that didn't happen.
After that, they sent out an E-mail saying that I'd be at in-person school for 2 days a week, and did that happen? Nope. At the start of school, they said they're estimating that it'll reopen in early October.
And just this Monday, they sent out an email saying that it'll open for the KINDERGARDENERS in early October and for me in early January.
I stopped believing in the school district when they sent out the first May email, and I'm pretty sure they're not going to change anytime soon.
...At least I had my first in-person class in 7 months recently.

And they can't blame the state, or the county, or anyone really. We're in the twenties for most infected state and we're a pretty big one, and everything but the schools seem to be okay. But even the TEACHERS sometimes bring up the topic of going back to school and how annoyed they are with all this, and it just disappoints me that the people in charge of all this just can't do better.

...Sorry, just wanted to get all that off of my chest.
When my school closed in the middle of March, the district said that it would probably open back up in the second week of April.
Then they said the first week of May.
Then the last week of school, and even that didn't happen.
After that, they sent out an E-mail saying that I'd be at in-person school for 2 days a week, and did that happen? Nope. At the start of school, they said they're estimating that it'll reopen in early October.
And just this Monday, they sent out an email saying that it'll open for the KINDERGARDENERS in early October and for me in early January.
I stopped believing in the school district when they sent out the first May email, and I'm pretty sure they're not going to change anytime soon.
...At least I had my first in-person class in 7 months recently.

And they can't blame the state, or the county, or anyone really. We're in the twenties for most infected state and we're a pretty big one, and everything but the schools seem to be okay. But even the TEACHERS sometimes bring up the topic of going back to school and how annoyed they are with all this, and it just disappoints me that the people in charge of all this just can't do better.

...Sorry, just wanted to get all that off of my chest.
HIqNF92.png
I read every reply and message I get, but it may take some time for me to respond. Feel free to send another one if I haven't responded in over a day!
She/they
Wishlist
FR time +10
Sorry for bumping up such a sad thread but its 2021 now and hopefully the pandemic will start to end. I sincerely hope they start releasing the medication down to American (since China got a vaccine figured out? Or so I heard.) A few weeks ago I had a really bad case of covid-19 and it was the worst experience ever. So I promise you if you are getting covid just to skip school please be weary of others. Because I got it because some people at my school weren't being careful.

Have a happy 2021!!
Sorry for bumping up such a sad thread but its 2021 now and hopefully the pandemic will start to end. I sincerely hope they start releasing the medication down to American (since China got a vaccine figured out? Or so I heard.) A few weeks ago I had a really bad case of covid-19 and it was the worst experience ever. So I promise you if you are getting covid just to skip school please be weary of others. Because I got it because some people at my school weren't being careful.

Have a happy 2021!!
MC0JXiQ.png b1wM7Mg.png
so it's been almost a year..? god this is getting more and more depressing
so it's been almost a year..? god this is getting more and more depressing
@Flirt
I'm sorry to hear you got the virus. :(

As for vaccines, counting the China and the Russian vaccine, there's about 5 vaccines circulating in various parts of the globe right now.

The AstraZeneca vaccine in the UK was recently approved, and the US has two that are being administered right now, the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines...

I don't know how long it'll take before herd immunity though, I'm hopeful for the latter half of the year, summer or fall, just because of how fast the vaccine rollout is going and how much time is needed between the first and second doses of each vaccine since they're all mostly dual dose vaccines.

I don't think this virus will ever completely go away, H1N1 never fully went away, it just became controllable through a vaccine which is what I'm kind of expecting will happen with Covid-19 as well.

@Flirt
I'm sorry to hear you got the virus. :(

As for vaccines, counting the China and the Russian vaccine, there's about 5 vaccines circulating in various parts of the globe right now.

The AstraZeneca vaccine in the UK was recently approved, and the US has two that are being administered right now, the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines...

I don't know how long it'll take before herd immunity though, I'm hopeful for the latter half of the year, summer or fall, just because of how fast the vaccine rollout is going and how much time is needed between the first and second doses of each vaccine since they're all mostly dual dose vaccines.

I don't think this virus will ever completely go away, H1N1 never fully went away, it just became controllable through a vaccine which is what I'm kind of expecting will happen with Covid-19 as well.

Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.- Le petit prince.
“I’m glad I don’t live in the US.” Has sort of become the mantra here, even if this country is sort of like USA Lite. Seeing the various fiascos going on with vaccination in the States, and an estimate that we won’t be “safe” again until 2022 or later.

This crisis has brought out the worst and the best in people(but mostly the worst; no one protests because of massive feelings of love, sorry). I see people now posting about how they hope people will now realize that “our problems are systemic” and I just ??? Of course? But the thing is. It’s really hard to be my age in a time like this. Last year, I was living at university, doing things on my own, finally feeling like I was taking steps toward a future I want. But now thanks to this that might be out of reach forever. Not to mention my ongoing existential crisis, the constant reminder that safety is mostly an illusion at any given time.

People fighting against something will loudly proclaim how that thing is a social construct; but what they fight for is a social construct as well. I don’t like hearing about “dismantling the system” or whatever, but maybe that’s just cause I’m a white middle-class person whose only struggle is being asexual. I’m not oppressed. Being surrounded by the constant threat of death hasn’t made me realize anything, except that my peer’s YOLO mentality is kinda immature. Living each day like it’s my last hasn’t made anything better for me. I just get into bed every night fearing I won’t wake up.

So instead of going to university and working towards becoming independent and living the life I want, this crisis may trap me in near-poverty for the rest of my (potentially) miserable existence. All because Westerners don’t like to follow instructions.
“I’m glad I don’t live in the US.” Has sort of become the mantra here, even if this country is sort of like USA Lite. Seeing the various fiascos going on with vaccination in the States, and an estimate that we won’t be “safe” again until 2022 or later.

This crisis has brought out the worst and the best in people(but mostly the worst; no one protests because of massive feelings of love, sorry). I see people now posting about how they hope people will now realize that “our problems are systemic” and I just ??? Of course? But the thing is. It’s really hard to be my age in a time like this. Last year, I was living at university, doing things on my own, finally feeling like I was taking steps toward a future I want. But now thanks to this that might be out of reach forever. Not to mention my ongoing existential crisis, the constant reminder that safety is mostly an illusion at any given time.

People fighting against something will loudly proclaim how that thing is a social construct; but what they fight for is a social construct as well. I don’t like hearing about “dismantling the system” or whatever, but maybe that’s just cause I’m a white middle-class person whose only struggle is being asexual. I’m not oppressed. Being surrounded by the constant threat of death hasn’t made me realize anything, except that my peer’s YOLO mentality is kinda immature. Living each day like it’s my last hasn’t made anything better for me. I just get into bed every night fearing I won’t wake up.

So instead of going to university and working towards becoming independent and living the life I want, this crisis may trap me in near-poverty for the rest of my (potentially) miserable existence. All because Westerners don’t like to follow instructions.
7eb73ea7ba19f787490a57822f0ee4885760d03e.png
[quote name="KurejiNeko" date="2020-09-16 22:13:20" ] but you know, making jokes about bat soup and restricting travel to a country who place religious minorities into "reeducation camps" and harvest their organs to sell on black markets is soooo much worse, you guys, don't want to be labelled a racist, right? [/quote] Thank you so so much for bringing this up, it was awful seeing those "jokes" ...including the "jokes" about how we all "deserved this pandemic"/"humanity is a plague" (I kid you not even users here made those jokes) anyone making these kinds of jokes are sociopaths, period. ~ Ugh it hurts to look back on the comment I made several months ago, I really had hope...
KurejiNeko wrote on 2020-09-16 22:13:20:
but you know, making jokes about bat soup and restricting travel to a country who place religious minorities into "reeducation camps" and harvest their organs to sell on black markets is soooo much worse, you guys, don't want to be labelled a racist, right?

Thank you so so much for bringing this up, it was awful seeing those "jokes" ...including the "jokes" about how we all "deserved this pandemic"/"humanity is a plague" (I kid you not even users here made those jokes) anyone making these kinds of jokes are sociopaths, period.

~

Ugh it hurts to look back on the comment I made several months ago, I really had hope...
zB19SBJ.png8fBnDGq.pngtumblr_inline_pk7sfnQusu1tp8wp9_1280.png
1 2 ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80