Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | So, how long do you think it will last?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 79 80
After school programs may shut down.
I also have a flight to florida next month. My parents say that we will still be going but idk how I feel about being at Miami Airport.
After school programs may shut down.
I also have a flight to florida next month. My parents say that we will still be going but idk how I feel about being at Miami Airport.
Untitled190-20221222153241.pngNuUmSzk.pngUntitled253-20230408112552.png
i had plans to finally meet my online best friend of 4 years in person next week. now it's very likely she won't be able to fly down to visit at all, as she doesn't want to risk getting sick so far away from home. it's totally understandable, but it still sucks. :(

it does feel like some people are overreacting, though. it's good to be prepared, but some people really out here acting like the zombie apocalypse is coming lmao
i had plans to finally meet my online best friend of 4 years in person next week. now it's very likely she won't be able to fly down to visit at all, as she doesn't want to risk getting sick so far away from home. it's totally understandable, but it still sucks. :(

it does feel like some people are overreacting, though. it's good to be prepared, but some people really out here acting like the zombie apocalypse is coming lmao
................................................... .
he/him
please ping me when replying to me
... 0c6d754360cac7b4e6251a3b5ac42a7718ac068d.png
We were planning on visiting my grandparents on March break, but we decided it would be safer if we just stayed home... We don’t want to accidentally infect people (or get infected on the trip there)!
We were planning on visiting my grandparents on March break, but we decided it would be safer if we just stayed home... We don’t want to accidentally infect people (or get infected on the trip there)!
I'm supposed to be going to a comic convention in may. I'm really hoping the organisers don't decide to postpone or outright cancel it over the overblown panic, it's the only thing I'm looking forward to this year.

EDIT:
It was pushed back to mid August, but now it's been outright cancelled for the year.
I'm supposed to be going to a comic convention in may. I'm really hoping the organisers don't decide to postpone or outright cancel it over the overblown panic, it's the only thing I'm looking forward to this year.

EDIT:
It was pushed back to mid August, but now it's been outright cancelled for the year.
70963472_XPWFcmaFImCJJZ5.png
Southern California. It's okay here. Some people are panic-shopping/hoarding and not being cool about it. I went to get a normal amount of toilet paper last week at a Target and the shelves were just emptied. A lot of people are working from home. Universities have completely switched over to online methods. Public schools are still debating about cancelling/switching to online classes, but the issue is that a lot of kids rely on the school meals, so without the help of grants and bills it's a tough decision. Hotels are empty because every convention is cancelling.

I've been staying home for the past 2 weeks anyway because I work an exclusively outdoors job and it's been raining. ;n;

EDIT: there was 1 confirmed case down the street from me, but I've been indoors this entire time anyway. I think there are ~7 confirmed cases in my county right now, but my county is large and includes a fair amount of rural area, so I think we'll be alright. Perhaps it'll really start dying down after the next 2 months.
Southern California. It's okay here. Some people are panic-shopping/hoarding and not being cool about it. I went to get a normal amount of toilet paper last week at a Target and the shelves were just emptied. A lot of people are working from home. Universities have completely switched over to online methods. Public schools are still debating about cancelling/switching to online classes, but the issue is that a lot of kids rely on the school meals, so without the help of grants and bills it's a tough decision. Hotels are empty because every convention is cancelling.

I've been staying home for the past 2 weeks anyway because I work an exclusively outdoors job and it's been raining. ;n;

EDIT: there was 1 confirmed case down the street from me, but I've been indoors this entire time anyway. I think there are ~7 confirmed cases in my county right now, but my county is large and includes a fair amount of rural area, so I think we'll be alright. Perhaps it'll really start dying down after the next 2 months.
cormbreb-FRsig.png
Quite a long while, unfortunately, here in the USA.

Which scares the heck out of me because I count as high risk in multiple categories and people's main concerns everywhere I look seem to be about whether they can still go on their precious vacations, or how it obviously can't that big a deal because they won't die, instead of stopping to think about how giving up a little now will help everyone--including them!--later.

And even though I don't plan on going outdoors for the foreseeable future, my partner and our roommate both still have to go to work. One of them works in a hotel. So... yeah. I get to spend the next few months trying not to think about my chances of survival if I get it while strangers moan about how hard their life is because they can't, what, go watch a basketball game in person for a few months?

For me, that's gonna make it feel a whole lot longer than it already will be.
Quite a long while, unfortunately, here in the USA.

Which scares the heck out of me because I count as high risk in multiple categories and people's main concerns everywhere I look seem to be about whether they can still go on their precious vacations, or how it obviously can't that big a deal because they won't die, instead of stopping to think about how giving up a little now will help everyone--including them!--later.

And even though I don't plan on going outdoors for the foreseeable future, my partner and our roommate both still have to go to work. One of them works in a hotel. So... yeah. I get to spend the next few months trying not to think about my chances of survival if I get it while strangers moan about how hard their life is because they can't, what, go watch a basketball game in person for a few months?

For me, that's gonna make it feel a whole lot longer than it already will be.
J7D1quC.png
CfG2LT1.png
XP7djFk.png
WKtl2lb.png
ll0CfnD.png
YMPbu9R.png
Helpful link that explains a lot:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/world/asia/china-coronavirus-contain.html
Helpful link that explains a lot:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/world/asia/china-coronavirus-contain.html
9242fa66-b028-11ea-854c-b3686ccad672.gif My Brew Shop
Where's my broadcast from? win a prize if you pm me!
@Fervor

Too much unnecessary panic indeed! The whole stocking things is annoying as all heck because I only shop once a week and normal household items are constantly gone! Like I was struggling to find my usual hand soaps and cleaning items I need for cleaning my house. Swine flu didn't end the world, neither did MERS or SARS. People forget that. Media gets everyone riled up and people love being afraid.

This will pass the same as every other flu. Most people also don't know how to appropriately analyze statistics, so everyone freaks out every time there's new stats on deaths and whatnot. There's also probably thousands and thousands more people infected than we know of atm, but they recover and continue on their week like nothing happened.
@Fervor

Too much unnecessary panic indeed! The whole stocking things is annoying as all heck because I only shop once a week and normal household items are constantly gone! Like I was struggling to find my usual hand soaps and cleaning items I need for cleaning my house. Swine flu didn't end the world, neither did MERS or SARS. People forget that. Media gets everyone riled up and people love being afraid.

This will pass the same as every other flu. Most people also don't know how to appropriately analyze statistics, so everyone freaks out every time there's new stats on deaths and whatnot. There's also probably thousands and thousands more people infected than we know of atm, but they recover and continue on their week like nothing happened.
[quote name="WillaTheWitch" date="2020-03-13 11:08:49" ] Too much unnecessary panic indeed! The whole stocking things is annoying as all heck because I only shop once a week and normal household items are constantly gone! Like I was struggling to find my usual hand soaps and cleaning items I need for cleaning my house. Swine flu didn't end the world, neither did MERS or SARS. People forget that. Media gets everyone riled up and people love being afraid. This will pass the same as every other flu. Most people also don't know how to appropriately analyze statistics, so everyone freaks out every time there's new stats on deaths and whatnot. [b]There's also probably thousands and thousands more people infected than we know of atm, but they recover and continue on their week like nothing happened.[/b] [/quote] This!!!!!! I can only go grocery shopping once a month so when people start buying things all willy nilly it really does affect my family. My town is small and theres already no cleaning supplies, no toilet paper or anything and im like..yall wildin?? I completely understand being prepared, but this isnt the end of the world. I had swine flu when that broke out and im still kickin! I cant agree more with that last paragraph. Everything shall pass, just like the cold comes and goes every winter!
WillaTheWitch wrote on 2020-03-13 11:08:49:

This!!!!!! I can only go grocery shopping once a month so when people start buying things all willy nilly it really does affect my family. My town is small and theres already no cleaning supplies, no toilet paper or anything and im like..yall wildin?? I completely understand being prepared, but this isnt the end of the world. I had swine flu when that broke out and im still kickin!
I cant agree more with that last paragraph. Everything shall pass, just like the cold comes and goes every winter!
DE4-CE494-C24-A-441-F-8809-5-B8-BFD08205-C.png| He/She | Autistic/ADHD| 3+ FR Time |
WHO now says the corona virus death rate is at 3.4% and is rising, while the flu kills about .1% of the people it infects, and we won't have a vaccine for it in a year or two. Also the US feds just poured 1.5 trillion dollars into Wall Street because of losses. By the end of the pandemic the world economy will likely be in shambles. Countries like Italy, China, and Iran are already struggling to treat people with it, doctors and nurses being worked to the bone. Doesn't look good.
WHO now says the corona virus death rate is at 3.4% and is rising, while the flu kills about .1% of the people it infects, and we won't have a vaccine for it in a year or two. Also the US feds just poured 1.5 trillion dollars into Wall Street because of losses. By the end of the pandemic the world economy will likely be in shambles. Countries like Italy, China, and Iran are already struggling to treat people with it, doctors and nurses being worked to the bone. Doesn't look good.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 79 80