Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | So, how long do you think it will last?
1 2 ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80
school starts monday for me. thankfully my school is doing a lot to try and stop the spread but i still cant help but be anxious about how we'll probably get a big spike in cases within the month.
school starts monday for me. thankfully my school is doing a lot to try and stop the spread but i still cant help but be anxious about how we'll probably get a big spike in cases within the month.

When on your way out
Be sure that you say goodbye
Then lock the door tight.

They/it
Fr +3
Fandragons
Wishlist
My fall 2020 semester has started. 3rd year of uni and it's online. I hate it so much. No band. No music. Unless you count depressed zoom band. Ughh I hate corona

The only good thing that's come from it is I became so much closer to a friend of mine during all of this because of game nights, and now we're dating! So yay for that, if it weren't for corona I doubt that would have happened. It's crazy to see a positive out of all of this trash.

I started getting used to this in July. It felt weird. It felt normal. I don't even know what actual normal feels like anymore. It's all just so surreal that we're going through something so traumatic, not only on individual people but on the world as a whole. This is so huge it's impossible to visualize.

My city has had cases going up and down, but never any HUGE spikes. Which is great. That means I've been able to go see my bf and my friends so that's been really great for my mental health. None of us have got it, none of our families have got it, and I don't actually know anyone personally who has got it. So that is good.

It's good to live in Canada, that's for sure. The US however.... oh boy.
My fall 2020 semester has started. 3rd year of uni and it's online. I hate it so much. No band. No music. Unless you count depressed zoom band. Ughh I hate corona

The only good thing that's come from it is I became so much closer to a friend of mine during all of this because of game nights, and now we're dating! So yay for that, if it weren't for corona I doubt that would have happened. It's crazy to see a positive out of all of this trash.

I started getting used to this in July. It felt weird. It felt normal. I don't even know what actual normal feels like anymore. It's all just so surreal that we're going through something so traumatic, not only on individual people but on the world as a whole. This is so huge it's impossible to visualize.

My city has had cases going up and down, but never any HUGE spikes. Which is great. That means I've been able to go see my bf and my friends so that's been really great for my mental health. None of us have got it, none of our families have got it, and I don't actually know anyone personally who has got it. So that is good.

It's good to live in Canada, that's for sure. The US however.... oh boy.
Art Shop
Hatchery

celebi.giftumblr_inline_n2t76ssIwF1r9ywrd.gifshadow.gif
I'm very lucky to live in one of the few countries that's handling this pandemic well. We have very low cases and the govt is tracking them all through contact tracing.

But there are still protests against our lockdowns. It makes me furious. We're privileged enough to not have to worry about every outing being the one that puts us in hospital, and these people want to complain because ??? 'freedoms' ??? These people don't even know what that means. The number of people who aren't taking this seriously, and who refuse to learn the science behind it all, are really stressing me out.

I'm kind of obsessed with it at the moment. I could just about give lectures on it at this point, I spend at least 2 hours every day reading about this virus (no, there is not 2 hours' worth of new information out each day). It helps me feel more in control in some ways, but I also know at this point it's not healthy. It's like I'm just 'stuck' on it. I feel like a crazy person wearing a mask everywhere, especially since my town has yet to have any cases, and probably only 1 in 50 people are wearing masks.

But the thing that really has me rattled is some of the long-term health problems seen in 'recovered' individuals - I already have a permanent health issue due to a different illness which almost killed me a couple of years ago, and it SUCKS. I've had to re-organise my entire life to cope with it. So the idea of a more serious condition? Of a significant portion of the population experiencing the same thing? It really scares me.
I'm very lucky to live in one of the few countries that's handling this pandemic well. We have very low cases and the govt is tracking them all through contact tracing.

But there are still protests against our lockdowns. It makes me furious. We're privileged enough to not have to worry about every outing being the one that puts us in hospital, and these people want to complain because ??? 'freedoms' ??? These people don't even know what that means. The number of people who aren't taking this seriously, and who refuse to learn the science behind it all, are really stressing me out.

I'm kind of obsessed with it at the moment. I could just about give lectures on it at this point, I spend at least 2 hours every day reading about this virus (no, there is not 2 hours' worth of new information out each day). It helps me feel more in control in some ways, but I also know at this point it's not healthy. It's like I'm just 'stuck' on it. I feel like a crazy person wearing a mask everywhere, especially since my town has yet to have any cases, and probably only 1 in 50 people are wearing masks.

But the thing that really has me rattled is some of the long-term health problems seen in 'recovered' individuals - I already have a permanent health issue due to a different illness which almost killed me a couple of years ago, and it SUCKS. I've had to re-organise my entire life to cope with it. So the idea of a more serious condition? Of a significant portion of the population experiencing the same thing? It really scares me.
[quote name="Ollieshark" date="2020-09-11 20:03:09" ] i live in the third most infected state in the us and we're holding the state fair in october. :/ wonder why so many of us are getting sick. can't possibly be the giant two-week long events or the 1000+ person holiday parties. /s [/quote] I might be in the same state; even stores (especially big ones like Costco) are crowded. At least there aren't any big parties or any events in my area...
Ollieshark wrote on 2020-09-11 20:03:09:
i live in the third most infected state in the us and we're holding the state fair in october. :/ wonder why so many of us are getting sick. can't possibly be the giant two-week long events or the 1000+ person holiday parties. /s
I might be in the same state; even stores (especially big ones like Costco) are crowded. At least there aren't any big parties or any events in my area...
mDIoUeW.png
Pyercé | they/them
mini gap links TBA
[quote name="@pyereciae2788" date="2020-09-11 22:17:58" ] [quote name="Ollieshark" date="2020-09-11 20:03:09" ] i live in the third most infected state in the us and we're holding the state fair in october. :/ wonder why so many of us are getting sick. can't possibly be the giant two-week long events or the 1000+ person holiday parties. /s [/quote] I might be in the same state; even stores (especially big ones like Costco) are crowded. At least there aren't any big parties or any events in my area... [/quote] we only have one costco in the whole state LMAO. it opened right before covid-19 hit us. we have walmart instead. i'm in mississippi for reference. at least, we're 3rd most as of [url=https://www.statista.com/statistics/1109004/coronavirus-covid19-cases-rate-us-americans-by-state/]this one chart i found today.[/url]
@pyereciae2788 wrote on 2020-09-11 22:17:58:
i live in the third most infected state in the us and we're holding the state fair in october. :/ wonder why so many of us are getting sick. can't possibly be the giant two-week long events or the 1000+ person holiday parties. /s
I might be in the same state; even stores (especially big ones like Costco) are crowded. At least there aren't any big parties or any events in my area...

we only have one costco in the whole state LMAO. it opened right before covid-19 hit us. we have walmart instead. i'm in mississippi for reference. at least, we're 3rd most as of this one chart i found today.
Ollie | he/him
eGiN2Xv.png F8WMfQz.png thDLJf3.png
Month 7: what is human?

but this really doesnt seem to be ending soon.
Month 7: what is human?

but this really doesnt seem to be ending soon.
image0.gif • mays / mayshire / may
• +3 FR time | EST / EDT
• she/her they/them is fine!
• sales tab here! ^^
image0.gif
[quote name="Ollieshark" date="2020-09-11 22:32:25" ] [quote name="pyereciae2788" date="2020-09-11 22:17:58" ] [quote name="Ollieshark" date="2020-09-11 20:03:09" ] i live in the third most infected state in the us and we're holding the state fair in october. :/ wonder why so many of us are getting sick. can't possibly be the giant two-week long events or the 1000+ person holiday parties. /s [/quote] I might be in the same state; even stores (especially big ones like Costco) are crowded. At least there aren't any big parties or any events in my area... [/quote] we only have one costco in the whole state LMAO. it opened right before covid-19 hit us. we have walmart instead. i'm in mississippi for reference. at least, we're 3rd most as of [url=https://www.statista.com/statistics/1109004/coronavirus-covid19-cases-rate-us-americans-by-state/]this one chart i found today.[/url] [/quote] @Ollieshark Wow, oof... (I haven't checked stats in a while, so I don't remember what my state ranks in.) Just checked that chart; my state's in the middle. We're doing [i]something[/i] (like limiting the number of people in small stores, and opening outside dining), but it's not enough.
Ollieshark wrote on 2020-09-11 22:32:25:
pyereciae2788 wrote on 2020-09-11 22:17:58:

we only have one costco in the whole state LMAO. it opened right before covid-19 hit us. we have walmart instead. i'm in mississippi for reference. at least, we're 3rd most as of this one chart i found today.
@Ollieshark
Wow, oof... (I haven't checked stats in a while, so I don't remember what my state ranks in.) Just checked that chart; my state's in the middle. We're doing something (like limiting the number of people in small stores, and opening outside dining), but it's not enough.
mDIoUeW.png
Pyercé | they/them
mini gap links TBA
RULE OF SIX BABY

[only English users will understand]
RULE OF SIX BABY

[only English users will understand]
mIooUy9.png
I hate this year. I hate it so much. I want this to end so badly it hurts. I'm so damn miserable.. I want to go back to normal
I hate this year. I hate it so much. I want this to end so badly it hurts. I'm so damn miserable.. I want to go back to normal
~Kweh Kweh Wark~1H+FR~ Mc4YmuQ.png
This was originally posted in March, oh how optimistic we were that this would end soon :(
This was originally posted in March, oh how optimistic we were that this would end soon :(
Feel free to click and feed my creatures!
2519517.png2534403.png2537496.png2567018.png2634339.png
1 2 ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80