Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | whats your opinion on thunderstorms?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Its thunderstorming here and while im not as scared as i used to be, I do not enjoy them.
Its thunderstorming here and while im not as scared as i used to be, I do not enjoy them.
Depends. Daytime? I'll sit on the porch and relax. Nighttime? I'll be mildly annoyed and try to sleep. Only time I hate them is if they knock/flicker the power. Then I'm royally peeved.

Overall, I like them.
Depends. Daytime? I'll sit on the porch and relax. Nighttime? I'll be mildly annoyed and try to sleep. Only time I hate them is if they knock/flicker the power. Then I'm royally peeved.

Overall, I like them.
not a fan personally
loud noises make my anxiety go ajdkakkssjdjf. never really understood how people can find storms relaxing
not a fan personally
loud noises make my anxiety go ajdkakkssjdjf. never really understood how people can find storms relaxing
an animated feraligatr sprite from pokemon crystal > call me mantis
> they / she
> fr +2
> art dump
w the nonbinary flag and the word nonbinary
the asexual flag and the word asexual
the lesbian flag and the word lesbian
free buttons
ee > reply hazy,
try again... blinking_cursor.gif
I personally find them calming when far away, the closer and louder it is, the more my fight or flight takes hold.
I personally find them calming when far away, the closer and louder it is, the more my fight or flight takes hold.
JC6s7hz.png (By UserOfShadows)
To observe the lightning dance is to witness the sublime.

So yeah. I love ‘em.
To observe the lightning dance is to witness the sublime.

So yeah. I love ‘em.
Call me Requacy (Pinging Allowed!)(Note to self: Make art for signature)
It was actually thundering where I live as well :D

For me it depends on how close it is.
If it's a decent distance away where you can still hear it, it's good. I really like when it's a little closer as well. Like you know that trick of counting after the flash? If it takes a few seconds and it really has a nice deep rumble but it's not loud enough to like.. make me worried I love it. It's hard to explain I guess >>

But, when it's really close to where I'd be afraid of getting struck by lightning.. That's a no go for me. My dog barks at thunder, so it's a little annoying if she hears it at night when we're trying to sleep.

It's also kinda scary when it's dark >> I won't lie. There's been times that I've gotten woken up by thunder in the middle of the night. It wasn't fun.
It was actually thundering where I live as well :D

For me it depends on how close it is.
If it's a decent distance away where you can still hear it, it's good. I really like when it's a little closer as well. Like you know that trick of counting after the flash? If it takes a few seconds and it really has a nice deep rumble but it's not loud enough to like.. make me worried I love it. It's hard to explain I guess >>

But, when it's really close to where I'd be afraid of getting struck by lightning.. That's a no go for me. My dog barks at thunder, so it's a little annoying if she hears it at night when we're trying to sleep.

It's also kinda scary when it's dark >> I won't lie. There's been times that I've gotten woken up by thunder in the middle of the night. It wasn't fun.
ooo IJkKw0f.pngo K H U Z D U L
- - - - - - - - - - -
SHE/HER +0
25 LIBRA
oo Avatar dragon
Lore
About me
Pings ok!
• Did you hatch an
Abyss/Copper/X gen1,
but don't want them?
Don't exalt them! Hit me up ;)
There's one happening right now- they're nice when they make low rumbles but I'm not a fan of really loud ones that rattle the house and flicker the power.

Lightning struck close by one morning and I woke up to the loudest thunder I've ever heard in my life; it didn't even register to me as thunder at that point, I thought it was a nuke going off :s
There's one happening right now- they're nice when they make low rumbles but I'm not a fan of really loud ones that rattle the house and flicker the power.

Lightning struck close by one morning and I woke up to the loudest thunder I've ever heard in my life; it didn't even register to me as thunder at that point, I thought it was a nuke going off :s
13409.png25411.png1056.png23280.png 968.png 18440.png
great when they're not accompanied by tornadoes. i love the sounds of heavy rain/distant thunder but if the wind starts picking up i panic
great when they're not accompanied by tornadoes. i love the sounds of heavy rain/distant thunder but if the wind starts picking up i panic
Palestinian flagaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
grey/juniper «a
he/him «a
fr+2 «a
pings OK «a
Official artwork of the tome of Forseti from Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War. It is dark green with elaborate white detailing.
They're too loud and the rain always gives me headaches :(
They're too loud and the rain always gives me headaches :(
vbbxBX.png9QNbhfp.png
Thunder used to give me severe anxiety attacks as a child, but I've long since gotten over that. I actually no longer remember ever being afraid of thunder. (Can't say the same for my dog, who has anxiety attacks every time there's a bad rainstorm whether there's thunder or not. Even recorded rain sounds make her anxious.) The noise of a heavy rainstorm is definitely too much, though. I don't know why some people find it relaxing, it's just overwhelming.
Thunder used to give me severe anxiety attacks as a child, but I've long since gotten over that. I actually no longer remember ever being afraid of thunder. (Can't say the same for my dog, who has anxiety attacks every time there's a bad rainstorm whether there's thunder or not. Even recorded rain sounds make her anxious.) The noise of a heavy rainstorm is definitely too much, though. I don't know why some people find it relaxing, it's just overwhelming.
EWVk32n.png 2myBCp7.png vnzi22K.png EZm008o.png O0Pbuvo.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9