Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Remove Text Under Dragon Name/ID
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Support for changing the secondary line, it feels overstated and crowded and unnecessary. I personally like the idea of a custom line, that way we could add things like clan jobs or other info.
Support for changing the secondary line, it feels overstated and crowded and unnecessary. I personally like the idea of a custom line, that way we could add things like clan jobs or other info.
I agree with this. I feel as though the text as it is is just redundant information, and having a customise-able line of text could allow players to emphasize the characters they built on their dragons, or other important notes/information that they want to emphasize upon page load instead of having the viewer scroll to bio.
I agree with this. I feel as though the text as it is is just redundant information, and having a customise-able line of text could allow players to emphasize the characters they built on their dragons, or other important notes/information that they want to emphasize upon page load instead of having the viewer scroll to bio.
45c35ef6e4b62e58d37a981333219e0307f8aa9c.png
These ideas are good and I support them![emoji=familiar heart size=1][emoji=treefrog size=1] The information under the Name/ID is really in your face and redundant considering its located in other spots on the profile. Having the ID number under the name or making it a customizable line of text would be incredible! And having the mars/venus symbol under the energy bar and/or having male/female written in the physical description box would be the best place for that information.
These ideas are good and I support them!
The information under the Name/ID is really in your face and redundant considering its located in other spots on the profile.
Having the ID number under the name or making it a customizable line of text would be incredible!
And having the mars/venus symbol under the energy bar and/or having male/female written in the physical description box would be the best place for that information.
eWBWlOb.png
jay
he/they
pEs5bf0.png
[quote name="skinklegs" date="2020-06-09 18:49:05" ] [quote name="Tserin" date="2020-06-09 18:36:07" ] They can just put the physical sex of the dragon somewhere less prominent, like in the dragon info box where it was before, or using a symbol to represent it. The issue isn't that sex is there at all, it's that it's right there and is extremely prominent and unavoidable and that feels bad when your dragon isn't what the game says it is. Especially when you don't breed it so that information is irrelevant for that particular dragon anyway. This month I've received a lot of feedback regarding my pride accents allowing people to express themselves in the game properly and people using dragons as representations of themselves. Really bad for trans people to open the page of their self-dragon and see it misgendered immediately in large, unavoidable text right at the top of the page. I don't think anyone is saying to remove gender entirely so I'm not sure why the loss of that information is a concern :thonk: [/quote] @/Tserin i guess the part that confuses me is that fundamentally, your dragon cannot be something other than what the game says it is? you can say that your male dragon is trans, and that's fine and totally up to you to do, but according to the site, it's still a male dragon, and because this is a game about breeding dragons, the fact it is male is important and relevant. and as important, relevant information, having it front and center is a good idea, especially for newbies who haven't memorized the different artworks yet. [/quote] This is honestly a really good point. If this was done as a matter of improving site function in regards to the core mechanics of Flight Rising than I think the Staff may have made a good call (although it really does suck for personal lore :\ ). I've seen it brought up in similar threads, but I think there's also the matter of screen-readers and players with visual disabilities to potentially take into account here as well. Having some of the dragon's most important stats (sex, breed, element, level) might make it easier for those players to differentiate their dragons more quickly (especially in say a large fodder tab). I'm also not sure how well screen-readers can discern symbols like the male/female ones. I'd imagine the actual text is potentially easier to parse though which may have been the thinking here? I'm not opposed to it being changed but I'm not sure how I feel about a potential accessibility improvement being removed or made less useful.
skinklegs wrote on 2020-06-09 18:49:05:
Tserin wrote on 2020-06-09 18:36:07:
They can just put the physical sex of the dragon somewhere less prominent, like in the dragon info box where it was before, or using a symbol to represent it. The issue isn't that sex is there at all, it's that it's right there and is extremely prominent and unavoidable and that feels bad when your dragon isn't what the game says it is. Especially when you don't breed it so that information is irrelevant for that particular dragon anyway.

This month I've received a lot of feedback regarding my pride accents allowing people to express themselves in the game properly and people using dragons as representations of themselves. Really bad for trans people to open the page of their self-dragon and see it misgendered immediately in large, unavoidable text right at the top of the page.

I don't think anyone is saying to remove gender entirely so I'm not sure why the loss of that information is a concern :thonk:
@/Tserin i guess the part that confuses me is that fundamentally, your dragon cannot be something other than what the game says it is? you can say that your male dragon is trans, and that's fine and totally up to you to do, but according to the site, it's still a male dragon, and because this is a game about breeding dragons, the fact it is male is important and relevant. and as important, relevant information, having it front and center is a good idea, especially for newbies who haven't memorized the different artworks yet.

This is honestly a really good point. If this was done as a matter of improving site function in regards to the core mechanics of Flight Rising than I think the Staff may have made a good call (although it really does suck for personal lore :\ ).

I've seen it brought up in similar threads, but I think there's also the matter of screen-readers and players with visual disabilities to potentially take into account here as well. Having some of the dragon's most important stats (sex, breed, element, level) might make it easier for those players to differentiate their dragons more quickly (especially in say a large fodder tab). I'm also not sure how well screen-readers can discern symbols like the male/female ones. I'd imagine the actual text is potentially easier to parse though which may have been the thinking here?

I'm not opposed to it being changed but I'm not sure how I feel about a potential accessibility improvement being removed or made less useful.
PeoMDYF.pngUxsWBSZ.png
I agree, as it also is redundant info in some cases. Since level etc are located in other area as well. The ID number could be where it used to be instead.
I agree, as it also is redundant info in some cases. Since level etc are located in other area as well. The ID number could be where it used to be instead.
5M41Txb.png 5u7Rre4.png
Agreed. There are better ways to present this information that would reduce clutter & repetition, as well as moving the gender marker out of sight for trans dragons.
Agreed. There are better ways to present this information that would reduce clutter & repetition, as well as moving the gender marker out of sight for trans dragons.
[please ping if you are interested in a dragon I am selling!]
[prices accepted in treasure OR gems OR a combo]
Support. All the information can just be in the physical info box.
Support. All the information can just be in the physical info box.
My dragons' names are 2-3 separate words. Please put spaces between them!!!
hRPcGnh.jpg
I fully support not having the gender restated right under the name, but as someone who does a lot of attending during dom battles I really appreciate being able to quickly glance at the dragon's level without scrolling down
I fully support not having the gender restated right under the name, but as someone who does a lot of attending during dom battles I really appreciate being able to quickly glance at the dragon's level without scrolling down
S1RYPFw.png
Agreed, there is no need for the gender and level to be so overly emphasized. I really like the idea of breed and gender being in the Physical info -box and that gender could even be only an icon like it used to be - it's easy to find if you need it (like me when naming hatchlings before selling) but also not so in-you-face for people who have trans dragons. ID number would fit under the name just fine, there is no need for it to be so huge.
Agreed, there is no need for the gender and level to be so overly emphasized. I really like the idea of breed and gender being in the Physical info -box and that gender could even be only an icon like it used to be - it's easy to find if you need it (like me when naming hatchlings before selling) but also not so in-you-face for people who have trans dragons. ID number would fit under the name just fine, there is no need for it to be so huge.
tumblr_inline_poba48mdhb1uwtj65_540.pngtumblr_inline_pphub4PEWJ1uwtj65_540.pngtumblr_inline_prz3boO4Ni1uwtj65_540.pngtumblr_inline_ppawz0b3eY1uwtj65_540.pngtumblr_inline_pobif5ai8w1uwtj65_540.png
I agree and fully support the suggestion.
The info isn't really needed to be placed there and it just doesn't look good having such a long line beneath the dragon's name; what especially bothers me is the element in brackets, as you already have the ID in brackets too - it looks kind of cluttered and not well organized.

Edit: I'd rather see the ID without brackets below the name, as others have already suggested.
I agree and fully support the suggestion.
The info isn't really needed to be placed there and it just doesn't look good having such a long line beneath the dragon's name; what especially bothers me is the element in brackets, as you already have the ID in brackets too - it looks kind of cluttered and not well organized.

Edit: I'd rather see the ID without brackets below the name, as others have already suggested.
ShDdjsG.gif ---
H I D D E N • S A N C T U M
pV7y7eJ.png
"I circle around God, around the ancient tower,
and I have circled for thousands of years ..."
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10