Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Winter’s War IC [OPEN!]
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
[quote name="ShinyDecidueye" date="2020-05-09 18:26:57" ] Dawn roared, "WHAT THE HELL?!" She quickly considered making the prison wards more secure using a variety of methods, before running off towards the main square. Teresa raised an eyebrow (growing up in a deadly decadent court like this, she had been taught not to show emotion, after all), but regretfully said aloud, "I'm afraid I cannot help you... my power is limited to wind... General Zinnia would be a better choice, I'm afraid. Oh, speak of the devil." Dawn appeared round the corner at that moment, yelling, "ANDROMEDA IS A MOTHER?! I NEVER TOOK HER FOR THE SORT, TANYA IS DEAD BECAUSE RAV APPEARED AND KILLED HER... I CAN'T BELIEVE I CONSIDERED A TEMPORARY TRUCE WITH MEDA TO KILL TANYA, WHAT THE F-" Her inner conscience reminded her that there were children present. "-fish," Dawn amended. "Right, a reminder to everyone. Rule 24: I will maintain a realistic assessment of my strengths and weaknesses. Even though this takes some of the fun out of the job, never utter the line "No, This Cannot Be!! I AM INVINCIBLE!!!" or any variations thereof, because after that, death is usually instantaneous." Teresa then gave Dawn a quick recap. Dawn frowned and looked over the umbrella for a bit. "...huh." There was a pause. "Can we discuss this more privately? I trust nowhere but my own office, and even then I have to set up several wards. There are prying ears everywhere in a palace like this." [/quote] [i]'I promise, it's really not that--'[/i] Aloysius began, before being interrupted by Dawn's hollering. He braced himself, tightening the straps around himself to keep himself folded tight. Charlotte cowered once more, dropping her umbrella and plugging her fingers in her ears. Loud noises always seemed to make her tremble and shake for whatever reason... What was interesting was that the minute Charlotte dropped her umbrella on the ground and had no physical contact to it, Aloysius could not be heard, and his presence couldn't even be sensed... Whatever spell he was under seemed complex. Once Dawn was finished shouting, Charlotte slowly regained herself once more, picking her umbrella up from the ground and apologizing to him for dropping him so suddenly... And then there was the groggy response of, [i]'I am... fine..'[/i] Before continuing on to answer Dawn's question with a more well-put together, [i]'Of course. I am no stranger to prying eyes and curious souls... Charlotte, can you please walk with Queen Teresa to Zephyranthes' office?'[/i] At the initial request from Aloysius, Charlotte looked somewhat dazed and confused, before nodding slowly and grabbing hold of Dawn's hand in a 'lead the way' type of manner.
ShinyDecidueye wrote on 2020-05-09 18:26:57:
Dawn roared, "WHAT THE HELL?!"
She quickly considered making the prison wards more secure using a variety of methods, before running off towards the main square.

Teresa raised an eyebrow (growing up in a deadly decadent court like this, she had been taught not to show emotion, after all), but regretfully said aloud, "I'm afraid I cannot help you... my power is limited to wind... General Zinnia would be a better choice, I'm afraid. Oh, speak of the devil."
Dawn appeared round the corner at that moment, yelling, "ANDROMEDA IS A MOTHER?! I NEVER TOOK HER FOR THE SORT, TANYA IS DEAD BECAUSE RAV APPEARED AND KILLED HER... I CAN'T BELIEVE I CONSIDERED A TEMPORARY TRUCE WITH MEDA TO KILL TANYA, WHAT THE F-"
Her inner conscience reminded her that there were children present.
"-fish," Dawn amended. "Right, a reminder to everyone. Rule 24: I will maintain a realistic assessment of my strengths and weaknesses. Even though this takes some of the fun out of the job, never utter the line "No, This Cannot Be!! I AM INVINCIBLE!!!" or any variations thereof, because after that, death is usually instantaneous."
Teresa then gave Dawn a quick recap.
Dawn frowned and looked over the umbrella for a bit.
"...huh."
There was a pause.
"Can we discuss this more privately? I trust nowhere but my own office, and even then I have to set up several wards. There are prying ears everywhere in a palace like this."
'I promise, it's really not that--' Aloysius began, before being interrupted by Dawn's hollering. He braced himself, tightening the straps around himself to keep himself folded tight.
Charlotte cowered once more, dropping her umbrella and plugging her fingers in her ears. Loud noises always seemed to make her tremble and shake for whatever reason...
What was interesting was that the minute Charlotte dropped her umbrella on the ground and had no physical contact to it, Aloysius could not be heard, and his presence couldn't even be sensed... Whatever spell he was under seemed complex.
Once Dawn was finished shouting, Charlotte slowly regained herself once more, picking her umbrella up from the ground and apologizing to him for dropping him so suddenly...
And then there was the groggy response of, 'I am... fine..' Before continuing on to answer Dawn's question with a more well-put together, 'Of course. I am no stranger to prying eyes and curious souls... Charlotte, can you please walk with Queen Teresa to Zephyranthes' office?'
At the initial request from Aloysius, Charlotte looked somewhat dazed and confused, before nodding slowly and grabbing hold of Dawn's hand in a 'lead the way' type of manner.
Well.
Dawn then marched to her office with the Queen, the Princess, and the umbrella in tow (one of these is not like the others).
Once they were in said office, Dawn locked all doors and windows, cast a silencing spell, and laid Aloysius on the table, before steeping her fingers.
"Right... we need to determine the exact nature of the spell. Is this a simple transformation, a curse, a spirit transfer, or..."
She muttered something, before Aloysius started to glow faintly.
"Right, this should tell me what kind it is... Red for transformation, orange for spirit transfer, yellow for binding curse, etc..."
She stepped backwards.
Well.
Dawn then marched to her office with the Queen, the Princess, and the umbrella in tow (one of these is not like the others).
Once they were in said office, Dawn locked all doors and windows, cast a silencing spell, and laid Aloysius on the table, before steeping her fingers.
"Right... we need to determine the exact nature of the spell. Is this a simple transformation, a curse, a spirit transfer, or..."
"Right, this should tell me what kind it is... Red for transformation, orange for spirit transfer, yellow for binding curse, etc..."
She stepped backwards.
mire hates me:(
FR +15, +16 during DST
She/Her
Gray Aroace
INTP
English 1st Language
Mandarin Chinese 2nd Language
French 3rd Language
AR60, 100% all released regions
It's... quite a disproportionate number
zia my beloved
I spent 2.4mil t on her, I think she counts
it hasn't been updated in a while but STILL
sweet holds the clan directory
kobi holds the lore directory
tumblr_p27o7vllRE1wvvm88o2_100.png
Meanwhile, while the whirlwind of events and now the calm after the storm ended, Mariti had been pleased to hear that there are now fleet ships patrolling just outside where the undying coral reef was.
Meanwhile, while the whirlwind of events and now the calm after the storm ended, Mariti had been pleased to hear that there are now fleet ships patrolling just outside where the undying coral reef was.
o9Cn4yA.gifxpxalNl.gif4mo3Cj1.gif
[quote name="ShinyDecidueye" date="2020-05-09 21:05:39" ] Well. Dawn then marched to her office with the Queen, the Princess, and the umbrella in tow (one of these is not like the others). Once they were in said office, Dawn locked all doors and windows, cast a silencing spell, and laid Aloysius on the table, before steeping her fingers. "Right... we need to determine the exact nature of the spell. Is this a simple transformation, a curse, a spirit transfer, or..." She muttered something, before Aloysius started to glow faintly. "Right, this should tell me what kind it is... Red for transformation, orange for spirit transfer, yellow for binding curse, etc..." She stepped backwards. [/quote] Strangely enough, when set on the table, there were no words that could be heard, nor read from Charlotte's mind. And as if flipping on a light-switch, Charlotte's mouth turned into an 'o' as she reached out and put her index finger on the handle. "He can't talk to me unless I'm holding him," she described, seemingly not being phased by that fact. Seemed she knew this, but had simply forgotten. Then, Aloysius began to glow a faint reddish-yellow. Like a burning flame. The umbrella itself shook, almost as if shaking his head, before replying, 'Had I known you needed that information, I would have told you. I apologize. It's a curse I've bound myself to.' To which, Charlotte's expression became confused. "Huh?" 'Don't worry about it, Dear. The grownups are talking. That friend of ours is a mind-reader,' he said hastily, before continuing, 'I spoke to Princess Cecilia about it for a while before we finally came to this consensus... But the spell went wrong. I was supposed to be able to shift at will, this wasn't part of the plan... And when Cecilia got sick... I knew I could not ask her to break the spell for me. It requires an ample amount of energy... But I promise it is not life-threatening!'
ShinyDecidueye wrote on 2020-05-09 21:05:39:
Well.
She stepped backwards.
Strangely enough, when set on the table, there were no words that could be heard, nor read from Charlotte's mind. And as if flipping on a light-switch, Charlotte's mouth turned into an 'o' as she reached out and put her index finger on the handle.
"He can't talk to me unless I'm holding him," she described, seemingly not being phased by that fact. Seemed she knew this, but had simply forgotten.
Then, Aloysius began to glow a faint reddish-yellow. Like a burning flame. The umbrella itself shook, almost as if shaking his head, before replying, 'Had I known you needed that information, I would have told you. I apologize. It's a curse I've bound myself to.'
To which, Charlotte's expression became confused. "Huh?"
'Don't worry about it, Dear. The grownups are talking. That friend of ours is a mind-reader,' he said hastily, before continuing, 'I spoke to Princess Cecilia about it for a while before we finally came to this consensus... But the spell went wrong. I was supposed to be able to shift at will, this wasn't part of the plan... And when Cecilia got sick... I knew I could not ask her to break the spell for me. It requires an ample amount of energy... But I promise it is not life-threatening!'
Dawn hummed a simple tune while thinking about what to do.
"I see at least two spells, one transformative one and one binding you to this form. Would you like the bind or both removed?"
Meanwhile, Teresa found a piece of paper on Dawn's desk declaring, "Rule 4: Shooting is not too good for my enemies. If I have my way, either suck all the air out of their lungs to collapse their alveoli, or disembowel them via portals. Pragmatism should be highly valued."
She nearly laughed, then found another document in cipher labelled TOP SECRET.
"That contains top secret information about our troops' current position," Dawn informed her, not bothering to say that it was actually a recipe to make her mother's cheesecake and that the real information was in her invisible pouch. Rule 158: Exchange the labels on my folder of top-secret plans and that of family recipes. Imagine the enemy's surprise when they decode the stolen plans and finds instructions for Grandmother's Best Potato Salad.
"Shouldn't you be hiding such an important document?"
"Decipher it," was the reply.
"I see at least two spells, one transformative one and one binding you to this form. Would you like the bind or both removed?"
Meanwhile, Teresa found a piece of paper on Dawn's desk declaring, "Rule 4: Shooting is not too good for my enemies. If I have my way, either suck all the air out of their lungs to collapse their alveoli, or disembowel them via portals. Pragmatism should be highly valued."
"That contains top secret information about our troops' current position," Dawn informed her, not bothering to say that it was actually a recipe to make her mother's cheesecake and that the real information was in her invisible pouch. Rule 158: Exchange the labels on my folder of top-secret plans and that of family recipes. Imagine the enemy's surprise when they decode the stolen plans and finds instructions for Grandmother's Best Potato Salad.
FR +15, +16 during DST
She/Her
Gray Aroace
INTP
English 1st Language
French 3rd Language
zia my beloved
[quote name="ShinyDecidueye" date="2020-05-09 21:55:55" ] Dawn hummed a simple tune while thinking about what to do. "I see at least two spells, one transformative one and one binding you to this form. Would you like the bind or both removed?" Meanwhile, Teresa found a piece of paper on Dawn's desk declaring, "Rule 4: Shooting is not too good for my enemies. If I have my way, either suck all the air out of their lungs to collapse their alveoli, or disembowel them via portals. Pragmatism should be highly valued." She nearly laughed, then found another document in cipher labelled TOP SECRET. "That contains top secret information about our troops' current position," Dawn informed her, not bothering to say that it was actually a recipe to make her mother's cheesecake and that the real information was in her invisible pouch. Rule 158: Exchange the labels on my folder of top-secret plans and that of family recipes. Imagine the enemy's surprise when they decode the stolen plans and finds instructions for Grandmother's Best Potato Salad. "Shouldn't you be hiding such an important document?" "Decipher it," was the reply. [/quote] 'So I succeeded...' The words were faint, before they became louder with a, 'The transformation spell was the goal, so that I could go from one to the other. That was what I was aiming for... The curse wasn't, as now I am stuck like this... I humbly ask that you please remove the binding curse.' Of course Charlotte, being an avid reader for such a small little girl, peeked over at the 'TOP SECRET' folder, a mischievous grin slowly beginning to curl her lips. She slowly swiped it off the table, then hid under the desk to read it, quickly finding out some quality tips on potato salads and cheesecakes... She was confused, and not incredibly interested as the book contained numbers and numbers and math are stinky. But it did have pictures, like a picture book, so she flipped through it, drooling over the tasty looking foods and sweets.... Meanwhile, as she slipped away [s]probably not[/s] unnoticed, Aloysius was unable to get his words across to Dawn until Charlotte returned or until the curse was broken...
ShinyDecidueye wrote on 2020-05-09 21:55:55:
'So I succeeded...' The words were faint, before they became louder with a, 'The transformation spell was the goal, so that I could go from one to the other. That was what I was aiming for... The curse wasn't, as now I am stuck like this... I humbly ask that you please remove the binding curse.'
Of course Charlotte, being an avid reader for such a small little girl, peeked over at the 'TOP SECRET' folder, a mischievous grin slowly beginning to curl her lips. She slowly swiped it off the table, then hid under the desk to read it, quickly finding out some quality tips on potato salads and cheesecakes... She was confused, and not incredibly interested as the book contained numbers and numbers and math are stinky. But it did have pictures, like a picture book, so she flipped through it, drooling over the tasty looking foods and sweets....
Meanwhile, as she slipped away probably not unnoticed, Aloysius was unable to get his words across to Dawn until Charlotte returned or until the curse was broken...
"General, she just took your top secret file," Teresa informed Dawn, to which she spun around and quickly blinked.
"But... where did the pictures of food come from?! It was just a number cipher!"
Sighing, Dawn quickly told Charlotte nicely but firmly, "Charlotte, please put it back, or my boss will punish me because I allowed someone else to read the TOP SECRET folder. There may be pictures of food, but the actual content is vastly different."
She chanced a quick glance at the Queen, who nodded solemnly, before inclining her head slightly to indicate that she was bluffing.
"Righto. Binding curse," she muttered, returning to Aloysius. "Um... let's go."
She muttered a couple spell words under her breath, hoping that it was the kind of bind she was thinking of.
"General, she just took your top secret file," Teresa informed Dawn, to which she spun around and quickly blinked.
"But... where did the pictures of food come from?! It was just a number cipher!"
Sighing, Dawn quickly told Charlotte nicely but firmly, "Charlotte, please put it back, or my boss will punish me because I allowed someone else to read the TOP SECRET folder. There may be pictures of food, but the actual content is vastly different."
She chanced a quick glance at the Queen, who nodded solemnly, before inclining her head slightly to indicate that she was bluffing.
"Righto. Binding curse," she muttered, returning to Aloysius. "Um... let's go."
She muttered a couple spell words under her breath, hoping that it was the kind of bind she was thinking of.
FR +15, +16 during DST
She/Her
Gray Aroace
INTP
English 1st Language
French 3rd Language
zia my beloved
Andromeda smiled at Ariana. It seemed that Andromeda felt that she had a child again, as Ariana felt that she had a mother again.
Andromeda smiled at Ariana. It seemed that Andromeda felt that she had a child again, as Ariana felt that she had a mother again.
Pure Matrix Fan
Loves Neo as much as Trinity does, maybe more
Is Trinity’s identical
Has watched the entire Matrix Trilogy 20 times and can’t wait for Matrix 4
Ariana smiled gently, but was still worried.
She felt as if something really bad was about to happen, and she couldn't shake the feeling.
Somewhere, far away, a horse screamed in pain.
Ariana smiled gently, but was still worried.
She felt as if something really bad was about to happen, and she couldn't shake the feeling.
Somewhere, far away, a horse screamed in pain.
And if a silence filled the air do you think that anyone would even care? Would they be aware... of the mounting snow...
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19