Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Winter’s War IC [OPEN!]
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Shortly after Mariti and Theodore, the former back in her human form, had arrived back the castle, she had received the message from a messenger sent to the island.
"Oh dear me," Mariti gasped. "That's not good at all."
"Madam, I suggest we should send out patrols on the ocean waters. You know, to keep an eye out for any potential enemies," her advisor, well, advised.
"Of course! Excuse me!" she hollered at the closest palace guard, making him jump from the loud volume. "Could you go to the captain of the fleet and tell him I want him to send out patrols, pretty please?"
"Yes ma'am," the guard nodded, and headed off to do so.
Shortly after Mariti and Theodore, the former back in her human form, had arrived back the castle, she had received the message from a messenger sent to the island.
"Oh dear me," Mariti gasped. "That's not good at all."
"Madam, I suggest we should send out patrols on the ocean waters. You know, to keep an eye out for any potential enemies," her advisor, well, advised.
"Of course! Excuse me!" she hollered at the closest palace guard, making him jump from the loud volume. "Could you go to the captain of the fleet and tell him I want him to send out patrols, pretty please?"
"Yes ma'am," the guard nodded, and headed off to do so.
o9Cn4yA.gifxpxalNl.gif4mo3Cj1.gif
Tanya was close. She was at the border of Andromeda's kingdom, her metal in the ground below her. She saw a bunch of ice soldiers, glaring at her. "Well. Hi. Guess you're not letting me go, are you?" She said. The soldiers formed an ice wall. "Well. Here we go, then." Tanya said. Her metal began to twist and form, turning into large metal soldiers. "We can play that game. Or you can let me pass." She said. The ice soldiers glared. Some of them started to move, others raised their weapons. The metal soldiers melted, only to coat the ice soldiers. Tanya manipulated the metal so the soldiers couldn't move, then she walked around them. She saw Andromeda's palace in the distance, a speck on the horizon. She began to walk, drawing as little attention to herself as she could.
Tanya was close. She was at the border of Andromeda's kingdom, her metal in the ground below her. She saw a bunch of ice soldiers, glaring at her. "Well. Hi. Guess you're not letting me go, are you?" She said. The soldiers formed an ice wall. "Well. Here we go, then." Tanya said. Her metal began to twist and form, turning into large metal soldiers. "We can play that game. Or you can let me pass." She said. The ice soldiers glared. Some of them started to move, others raised their weapons. The metal soldiers melted, only to coat the ice soldiers. Tanya manipulated the metal so the soldiers couldn't move, then she walked around them. She saw Andromeda's palace in the distance, a speck on the horizon. She began to walk, drawing as little attention to herself as she could.
And if a silence filled the air do you think that anyone would even care? Would they be aware... of the mounting snow...
[quote name="ShinyDecidueye" date="2020-05-08 06:00:56" ] Dawn blinked. Charlotte wasn’t wrong. She used to be the very best double agent working as both the literal president of a country and as the secret leader of a so-called ‘villainous organisation’ for ten years straight, and no one had been any the wiser. Don’t ask, it’s a long story. She blinked again, because she was getting off track. So, Dawn brought Charlotte to the Windlight Palace, before going through a side entrance that led to her office. Once inside, Dawn sighed and notified the Queen to meet her privately in her office - preferably bringing candy, please, your Majesty. And appear with regality and candy she did. Queen Teresa swept into the room with a pocketful of candy. “General Zephyranthes-” She did a double take at the child hunting for candy. “Since when were you a mother?” “No, I’m not,” Dawn hastily explained. “She’s the runaway Rexxentrum princess who’s trying to look for her father and doesn’t want to return.” [/quote] Charlotte was mystified at the prospect of meeting this mysterious lady's boss--she couldn't help but keep imagining a cool guy in a suit with slicked back hair and red eyes and laser beams and jet-packs and... poker cards? Seemed she had a pretty clear idea of what a boss was supposed to be like. Maybe she read too many big-kid novels... Beside that, Charlotte seemed to marvel at the simplest things--even the side door to Dawn's office seemed like such a cool thing. She imagined it were a secret entrance... and started to crouch down all secretly as they entered. Normal mischievous childlike behavior for her age... And then she met Dawn's boss. And her mouth just... hung open slack-jawed in awe. Her boss may not have been this bad-arse she was expecting, but... [i]She was beautiful.[/i] Charlotte couldn't help but think she looked more royal than even her own mother! She shrunk down somewhat in her presence, but when she began to speak to Dawn, her head piped up with piqued interest. So that was her name! Zeph... what was it again? Charlotte doubted she'd remember it, let alone pronounce it... It was then, when Dawn explained her situation, Charlotte interrupted with a, "I'm not alone! I brought Ally with me to search!" And brandished her frilly pink umbrella proudly. Though it couldn't be physically heard, Charlotte felt the words of Aloysius pop into her head. A tired, [i]'You really shouldn't be telling anyone about me, Princess...'[/i] To which, she replied a nonchalant, "It's okay! They're spies! They know how to keep a secret, otherwise they wouldn't be super secret spies!"
ShinyDecidueye wrote on 2020-05-08 06:00:56:
Dawn blinked. Charlotte wasn’t wrong. She used to be the very best double agent working as both the literal president of a country and as the secret leader of a so-called ‘villainous organisation’ for ten years straight, and no one had been any the wiser. Don’t ask, it’s a long story.
She blinked again, because she was getting off track.
So, Dawn brought Charlotte to the Windlight Palace, before going through a side entrance that led to her office.
Once inside, Dawn sighed and notified the Queen to meet her privately in her office - preferably bringing candy, please, your Majesty.
And appear with regality and candy she did.
Queen Teresa swept into the room with a pocketful of candy.
“General Zephyranthes-”
She did a double take at the child hunting for candy.
“Since when were you a mother?”
“No, I’m not,” Dawn hastily explained. “She’s the runaway Rexxentrum princess who’s trying to look for her father and doesn’t want to return.”
Charlotte was mystified at the prospect of meeting this mysterious lady's boss--she couldn't help but keep imagining a cool guy in a suit with slicked back hair and red eyes and laser beams and jet-packs and... poker cards? Seemed she had a pretty clear idea of what a boss was supposed to be like. Maybe she read too many big-kid novels...
Beside that, Charlotte seemed to marvel at the simplest things--even the side door to Dawn's office seemed like such a cool thing. She imagined it were a secret entrance... and started to crouch down all secretly as they entered. Normal mischievous childlike behavior for her age...
And then she met Dawn's boss. And her mouth just... hung open slack-jawed in awe. Her boss may not have been this bad-arse she was expecting, but... She was beautiful. Charlotte couldn't help but think she looked more royal than even her own mother! She shrunk down somewhat in her presence, but when she began to speak to Dawn, her head piped up with piqued interest. So that was her name! Zeph... what was it again? Charlotte doubted she'd remember it, let alone pronounce it...
It was then, when Dawn explained her situation, Charlotte interrupted with a, "I'm not alone! I brought Ally with me to search!" And brandished her frilly pink umbrella proudly.
Though it couldn't be physically heard, Charlotte felt the words of Aloysius pop into her head. A tired, 'You really shouldn't be telling anyone about me, Princess...'
To which, she replied a nonchalant, "It's okay! They're spies! They know how to keep a secret, otherwise they wouldn't be super secret spies!"
There was a beat of silence, during which the Queen nearly sweat-dropped and Dawn had a resigned look on her face.
Then they started whispering.
“She thinks you’re a super secret spy.”
“Someone’s been reading too many spy novels. She saw my badge of office.”
Dawn unsheathed the dagger and gently placed it on the table. Glancing at her name plate on said desk, she brought out a box of candies.
“Caramel chocolate?” She offered Charlotte, to keep her distracted.
“Her umbrella is sentient,” Teresa pointed out. Then her voice dropped further.
“Should any of the nobles find out we’re harbouring Rexxentrum’s runaway heir...”
“She’s third in line to their throne,” Dawn responded gravely. “And yet she’s incredibly innocent - which isn’t a bad thing, considering her family. But should her mother die - from Andromeda, Ravenna, or natural causes, Rexxentrum will start organising a massive search for her. Should they find her here we can explain that she ran away and we gave her an upbringing - she’s too innocent to lie anyway.”
There was a polite knock on Dawn’s main entrance, during which Dawn quickly hustled Charlotte underneath her desk, Teresa dropped her candy into Dawn’s bowl, Dawn hid said bowl underneath the desk, Dawn sat down in her armchair and adjusted her outfit, and Teresa turned towards the door expectantly.
“Come in,” Dawn called.
A scout slowly opened the door, closed it, bowed deeply to the Queen and her, before bringing a report.
“General, Tropica has established border patrols. That’s the good news. The bad news is that one of the Alliance’s smiths with metal powers ran off to the North with a baby in tow.”
Dawn and Teresa shared a look.
The scout continued, albeit jumpily, “She seems intent on rescuing the Ressene Queen.”
“Thank you, you are dismissed,” Dawn looked up from a stack of paper as he all but ran off.
“Tanya Ressene,” both of them said simultaneously.
“She’s - forgive me - an idiot,” Dawn cut in idly. “Bringing a baby to the North? She’ll endanger the baby, the baby will slow her down, and it’s an emotional liability.”
Teresa sat down in one of the provided chairs, sighing.
There was a beat of silence, during which the Queen nearly sweat-dropped and Dawn had a resigned look on her face.
Then they started whispering.
“She thinks you’re a super secret spy.”
“Someone’s been reading too many spy novels. She saw my badge of office.”
Dawn unsheathed the dagger and gently placed it on the table. Glancing at her name plate on said desk, she brought out a box of candies.
“Caramel chocolate?” She offered Charlotte, to keep her distracted.
“Her umbrella is sentient,” Teresa pointed out. Then her voice dropped further.
“Should any of the nobles find out we’re harbouring Rexxentrum’s runaway heir...”
“She’s third in line to their throne,” Dawn responded gravely. “And yet she’s incredibly innocent - which isn’t a bad thing, considering her family. But should her mother die - from Andromeda, Ravenna, or natural causes, Rexxentrum will start organising a massive search for her. Should they find her here we can explain that she ran away and we gave her an upbringing - she’s too innocent to lie anyway.”
There was a polite knock on Dawn’s main entrance, during which Dawn quickly hustled Charlotte underneath her desk, Teresa dropped her candy into Dawn’s bowl, Dawn hid said bowl underneath the desk, Dawn sat down in her armchair and adjusted her outfit, and Teresa turned towards the door expectantly.
“Come in,” Dawn called.
A scout slowly opened the door, closed it, bowed deeply to the Queen and her, before bringing a report.
“General, Tropica has established border patrols. That’s the good news. The bad news is that one of the Alliance’s smiths with metal powers ran off to the North with a baby in tow.”
Dawn and Teresa shared a look.
The scout continued, albeit jumpily, “She seems intent on rescuing the Ressene Queen.”
“Thank you, you are dismissed,” Dawn looked up from a stack of paper as he all but ran off.
“Tanya Ressene,” both of them said simultaneously.
“She’s - forgive me - an idiot,” Dawn cut in idly. “Bringing a baby to the North? She’ll endanger the baby, the baby will slow her down, and it’s an emotional liability.”
Teresa sat down in one of the provided chairs, sighing.
mire hates me:(
FR +15, +16 during DST
She/Her
Gray Aroace
INTP
English 1st Language
Mandarin Chinese 2nd Language
French 3rd Language
AR60, 100% all released regions
It's... quite a disproportionate number
zia my beloved
I spent 2.4mil t on her, I think she counts
it hasn't been updated in a while but STILL
sweet holds the clan directory
kobi holds the lore directory
tumblr_p27o7vllRE1wvvm88o2_100.png
Tanya ran towards Andromeda's palace, baby Ariana in tow. "Come on. Don't let me be too late." The gate was closed, but the ice wall was climbable, if she was careful...
Tanya ran towards Andromeda's palace, baby Ariana in tow. "Come on. Don't let me be too late." The gate was closed, but the ice wall was climbable, if she was careful...
And if a silence filled the air do you think that anyone would even care? Would they be aware... of the mounting snow...
The metal broke when it came into contact with the ice soldiers. They ran after her, catching up to her in the ice wall they made. Andromeda sat on her throne, waiting patiently as if waiting for Tanya herself.
The metal broke when it came into contact with the ice soldiers. They ran after her, catching up to her in the ice wall they made. Andromeda sat on her throne, waiting patiently as if waiting for Tanya herself.
Pure Matrix Fan
Loves Neo as much as Trinity does, maybe more
Is Trinity’s identical
Has watched the entire Matrix Trilogy 20 times and can’t wait for Matrix 4
Tanya somehow managed to climb over Andromeda's fortress wall and run up to the door. Confused and alarmed ice soldiers drew their weapons. She summoned metal to hold them, but she knew it wouldn't last for long. She raced inside, took a number of passageways and staircases, then somehow ended up in Andromeda's throne room. "Queen. Andromeda." She said between gasps for air. The baby in her arms began to cry. "Oh, oh no Ariana, don't cry." Tanya muttered. She searched through her bag, pulled out a bottle of cow's milk, and gave it to little Ariana.

(Also, I previously said Ariana is like two. Ariana's still in a baby form because A. she just turned two, and B. She's a little slow on bodily development.)
Tanya somehow managed to climb over Andromeda's fortress wall and run up to the door. Confused and alarmed ice soldiers drew their weapons. She summoned metal to hold them, but she knew it wouldn't last for long. She raced inside, took a number of passageways and staircases, then somehow ended up in Andromeda's throne room. "Queen. Andromeda." She said between gasps for air. The baby in her arms began to cry. "Oh, oh no Ariana, don't cry." Tanya muttered. She searched through her bag, pulled out a bottle of cow's milk, and gave it to little Ariana.

(Also, I previously said Ariana is like two. Ariana's still in a baby form because A. she just turned two, and B. She's a little slow on bodily development.)
Andromeda rose from her throne. "I've been expecting you, Tanya Ressene. Your sister is not going anywhere else yet...unless she breaks and dies. Tell me why you are here and perhaps we can negotiate. I've seen things in you, Tanya. Both bringing the best and holding it back." Ice surrounded Andromeda, sparkling.
Andromeda rose from her throne. "I've been expecting you, Tanya Ressene. Your sister is not going anywhere else yet...unless she breaks and dies. Tell me why you are here and perhaps we can negotiate. I've seen things in you, Tanya. Both bringing the best and holding it back." Ice surrounded Andromeda, sparkling.
Pure Matrix Fan
Is Trinity’s identical
Tanya almost said "To save my sister." But she knew that was not the truth. She knew what she wanted, and what she had to do. Tanya looked down at baby Ariana cruelly, who was now crying and screaming. Tanya set the baby on the floor and pushed her away gently. She slid across the ice floor into a corner, where she was no longer crying and screaming, but now trembling, fear in her eyes. Tanya looked back up at Andromeda, no love for her family in her eyes. That pretense had vanished. "I wish to become part of your army, my Queen." She said, the steel in her voice matching the metal barrier over her heart. She smiled evilly. "I'm sure Sofia wants to say goodbye to me forever, now doesn't she?" She sneered, looking over at Sofia. Sofia was still frozen, but in her mind, she was screaming NO, TANYA, WHAT ARE YOU DOING? Tanya crossed over to her sister, while Andromeda watched. "Hello, Sofia. I'll enjoy this." She said. "Should have given me the throne when you had the chance, Sofia. Now it's too late for you. Andromeda knows what she's doing." And then, Tanya pushed Sofia as hard as she could. For one, long, agonizing moment, Sofia was suspended in the air. Then gravity took hold, and she tumbled backwards and shattered into a million pieces.
Ariana cried from her place on the floor. And around her, air began to change, swirling. Tanya turned to the baby with curiousity, as Ariana began to levitate. Ariana stared straight into Tanya's eyes, and spoke her first words. "You monster."
Tanya almost said "To save my sister." But she knew that was not the truth. She knew what she wanted, and what she had to do. Tanya looked down at baby Ariana cruelly, who was now crying and screaming. Tanya set the baby on the floor and pushed her away gently. She slid across the ice floor into a corner, where she was no longer crying and screaming, but now trembling, fear in her eyes. Tanya looked back up at Andromeda, no love for her family in her eyes. That pretense had vanished. "I wish to become part of your army, my Queen." She said, the steel in her voice matching the metal barrier over her heart. She smiled evilly. "I'm sure Sofia wants to say goodbye to me forever, now doesn't she?" She sneered, looking over at Sofia. Sofia was still frozen, but in her mind, she was screaming NO, TANYA, WHAT ARE YOU DOING? Tanya crossed over to her sister, while Andromeda watched. "Hello, Sofia. I'll enjoy this." She said. "Should have given me the throne when you had the chance, Sofia. Now it's too late for you. Andromeda knows what she's doing." And then, Tanya pushed Sofia as hard as she could. For one, long, agonizing moment, Sofia was suspended in the air. Then gravity took hold, and she tumbled backwards and shattered into a million pieces.
Ariana cried from her place on the floor. And around her, air began to change, swirling. Tanya turned to the baby with curiousity, as Ariana began to levitate. Ariana stared straight into Tanya's eyes, and spoke her first words. "You monster."
Andromeda stared at Tanya. “Give me a good reason not to kill you. My former huntsmen could not be better than my ice soldiers. Also, considering you broke my favourite statue, really?” Andromeda picked the baby up, smiling. The child cried and was calling Tanya a monster. “This child holds power.” She brought it with her, and remade Sofia into a statue again. Sofia was dead, and now the only memory of her was her statue. There was only one way to bring her back, but Andromeda didn’t consider it.
Andromeda stared at Tanya. “Give me a good reason not to kill you. My former huntsmen could not be better than my ice soldiers. Also, considering you broke my favourite statue, really?” Andromeda picked the baby up, smiling. The child cried and was calling Tanya a monster. “This child holds power.” She brought it with her, and remade Sofia into a statue again. Sofia was dead, and now the only memory of her was her statue. There was only one way to bring her back, but Andromeda didn’t consider it.
Pure Matrix Fan
Is Trinity’s identical
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19