Back

Skins and Accents

Share and sell your skin creations with other players.
TOPIC | Wavecrest Saturnalia 2020 Skin Discussio
1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 29 30
I love lvoe love love love Cetus by @TheDarkestDream ! i adore whales and getting a skin/accent with one would be like a dream come true <3 <3 <3 hope yours makes it in!
I love lvoe love love love Cetus by @TheDarkestDream ! i adore whales and getting a skin/accent with one would be like a dream come true <3 <3 <3 hope yours makes it in!
UwUnl7O.png
kayee, arcane 2014-??
i love dragons and this website.
still barely know how forums work.
@ventdunord
@seacanaryy
Aaaaah thank you for your appreciation! QvQ
@ventdunord
@seacanaryy
Aaaaah thank you for your appreciation! QvQ

Dark
i'm in mess
i'm a mess
picture of a cropped in-game sprite of a pink and gray spiral dragon with the darkest dream written over the picture, and linked to said dragon
[quote name="@GhostSpirit" date="2020-04-13 12:38:37" ] all fixed, do tell me if it's too big or something else is wrong, I wanna get it right qwq [/quote] Nope, unfortunately, still too small. [img]https://i.imgur.com/kvyqhti.png[/img] ... You really ought to think about finding another program to use; this one seems to be more trouble than it's worth.
@GhostSpirit wrote on 2020-04-13 12:38:37:
all fixed, do tell me if it's too big or something else is wrong, I wanna get it right qwq
Nope, unfortunately, still too small.
kvyqhti.png

... You really ought to think about finding another program to use; this one seems to be more trouble than it's worth.
J38Qco1.pngP6JoUOV.png9qpbqeR.png
@Paladingineer unfortunately I dont know any that'll import properly, the best I can think of is importing the 350x350 dragon and sizing exactly to that but even then I'm not sure if it'll work.
@Paladingineer unfortunately I dont know any that'll import properly, the best I can think of is importing the 350x350 dragon and sizing exactly to that but even then I'm not sure if it'll work.
@GhostSpirit
If I recall correctly, you said you do your work on a mobile device? I presume that it's an iPad, and you use it because you don't have access to a full-blown computer?
@GhostSpirit
If I recall correctly, you said you do your work on a mobile device? I presume that it's an iPad, and you use it because you don't have access to a full-blown computer?
@Paladingineer nope, don't own one, I'm working on an android phone. The computer I have is an Acer which has been sitting out in the elements in a box for a while, I have no idea if it'll even work and it can't run much more then one downloaded game but that's it. That's all it can run. I can't pay for an app like Procreate or anything close to Photoshop so I got nothing but any free app that can import the files. For some reason when I download FR dragon files it comes in two parts, one as a 350x350 empty canvas and the other as a 750x750 full dragon ready to be made.
@Paladingineer nope, don't own one, I'm working on an android phone. The computer I have is an Acer which has been sitting out in the elements in a box for a while, I have no idea if it'll even work and it can't run much more then one downloaded game but that's it. That's all it can run. I can't pay for an app like Procreate or anything close to Photoshop so I got nothing but any free app that can import the files. For some reason when I download FR dragon files it comes in two parts, one as a 350x350 empty canvas and the other as a 750x750 full dragon ready to be made.
@GhostSpirit

Well, if you own a computer, even if it can't handle an art program well enough for you to work in it, you can still put a free art program on it that handles resizing better, and then just move your finished 750x750 art over to resize it there.

At any rate I did a little looking around, and I found a few free alternatives you might want to look into.
  • Adobe Photoshop Sketch - a free, mobile app version of photoshop, apparently. From the reviews it looks rather cut-down (compared to the desktop version) and laggy, so maybe not good to work in... but you could still use it to open a skin you made elsewhere and prep it for submission.
  • Medibang Paint
  • Corel Painter Mobile - apparently it's limited to 15 layers, but if you can work with that, it looks like this might be a good one.
@GhostSpirit

Well, if you own a computer, even if it can't handle an art program well enough for you to work in it, you can still put a free art program on it that handles resizing better, and then just move your finished 750x750 art over to resize it there.

At any rate I did a little looking around, and I found a few free alternatives you might want to look into.
  • Adobe Photoshop Sketch - a free, mobile app version of photoshop, apparently. From the reviews it looks rather cut-down (compared to the desktop version) and laggy, so maybe not good to work in... but you could still use it to open a skin you made elsewhere and prep it for submission.
  • Medibang Paint
  • Corel Painter Mobile - apparently it's limited to 15 layers, but if you can work with that, it looks like this might be a good one.
@Paladingineer

I attempted Medibang actually, though unfortunately while it's well stocked I couldn't figure out how to import anything. Do you think it's likely I can simply do everything on Infinite Painter then transfer it over or send someone the 750x750 work to resize
@Paladingineer

I attempted Medibang actually, though unfortunately while it's well stocked I couldn't figure out how to import anything. Do you think it's likely I can simply do everything on Infinite Painter then transfer it over or send someone the 750x750 work to resize
[quote name="GhostSpirit" date="2020-04-13 18:10:06" ] I attempted Medibang actually, though unfortunately while it's well stocked I couldn't figure out how to import anything. Do you think it's likely I can simply do everything on Infinite Painter then transfer it over or send someone the 750x750 work to resize [/quote] I'd go for opening your finished work in a different program to resize (and possibly to more easily apply clipping masks).
GhostSpirit wrote on 2020-04-13 18:10:06:
I'd go for opening your finished work in a different program to resize (and possibly to more easily apply clipping masks).
@Paladingineer I actually found out how to properly clip thankfully, so it's just a matter of sizing that i have to figure out.
@Paladingineer I actually found out how to properly clip thankfully, so it's just a matter of sizing that i have to figure out.
1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 29 30