Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Fade & Blend
1 2 ... 39 40 41 42 43 ... 47 48
okay i actually?? really like these?? they would honestly be really great for scrying my progens??
okay i actually?? really like these?? they would honestly be really great for scrying my progens??
scrying workshop save me....scrying workshop...save me scrying workshop
5hF3FGk.pngyGbxkXV.png
qeQwZlo.png5iXiC8z.pngmlHpBMC.png
Okay this is actually pretty rad
Okay this is actually pretty rad
fIrkakB.png tumblr_osuiryrppa1v8lm95o1_75sq.png DeB4uZe.png
a129Nss.png SM9WJh6.png fX0bVgZ.png
BLESS thank you SO MUCH I love these geeennees
BLESS thank you SO MUCH I love these geeennees
FObX7rS.png
BzjAkuF.png
5hF3FGk.png
yUgY90m.png
Hey, I'm Charlie!
she/they
nonbinary & queer
These are really pretty, but some of the color combos have me scratching my head. How does bright green end up in orca? Why is Cottoncandy blue and pink on stripes, but not with the fade/blend? Where's the purple you see in jaguar sunset? Again, pretty, nice idea. Just...some of the color combos...
These are really pretty, but some of the color combos have me scratching my head. How does bright green end up in orca? Why is Cottoncandy blue and pink on stripes, but not with the fade/blend? Where's the purple you see in jaguar sunset? Again, pretty, nice idea. Just...some of the color combos...
[quote name="Anthelion" date="2019-11-22 19:10:36" ] This is beautiful but can we please get a version that's not got the accent colors? Just a nice natural dorsal to ventral fade, maybe with some naturalistic face markings? I think this would be SO useful--a kind of basic+ alternative! [/quote] I am with this 1000% This is a great idea in theory, but they keep adding these awful "accent" colours that make a nice dragon look absolutely horrid. I just want a nice gradient for red dragons that doesnt add a gross blue or green or blugreen.
Anthelion wrote on 2019-11-22 19:10:36:
This is beautiful but can we please get a version that's not got the accent colors? Just a nice natural dorsal to ventral fade, maybe with some naturalistic face markings? I think this would be SO useful--a kind of basic+ alternative!
I am with this 1000%
This is a great idea in theory, but they keep adding these awful "accent" colours that make a nice dragon look absolutely horrid.
I just want a nice gradient for red dragons that doesnt add a gross blue or green or blugreen.
Shut up.
Thank you for the new genes!!
Thank you for the new genes!!
8YiSfVe.png
G1s for sale
No. These are too perfect. No way...
No. These are too perfect. No way...
hdCEH9z.png Rabigrace she/her
wishlist
earth lair
+0 server time
I am not very active anymore
New genes! And they're gradients!! [emoji=nocturne star size=1]
New genes! And they're gradients!!
Vert-divider-100.png
• She/Her
• NZ
• Pigeon Fan
Art shop
[quote name="Xlade" date="2019-11-22 20:14:09" ] These are really pretty, but some of the color combos have me scratching my head. How does bright green end up in orca? Why is Cottoncandy blue and pink on stripes, but not with the fade/blend? Where's the purple you see in jaguar sunset? Again, pretty, nice idea. Just...some of the color combos... [/quote] Different genes use different parts of the palette. Basically, every color on the color wheel has something like this: 1. a 2. b 3. c 4. d 5. e 6. f …and so on. Where a will be the exact shade, b will be a similar shade (except on duotones like orca/violet/grapefruit - b is the color you see on the belly/horns in basic), c will be a similar shade (though some colors start getting funky here, like crimson, sunset, and cerise), and d onwards will often start getting weird. In this case, Fade/Blend each use the Skink/Spinner palette. I couldn't tell you which exact slot the colors get pulled from, only that they aren't anything new and we've seen them before. Pulling from a different part of the palette would have gotten cottoncandy's pink-blue or sunset's orange-purple, but most other colors would not have gotten a visually striking result thanks to that slot usually being occupied by one of the more similar colors to the 'a' shade. Genes aren't done individually but rather by putting these palettes through a program onto a template, and they'll try to pick something that looks good on as many colors as possible. I quite like the accents. You might hatch a moon/radioactive/fuchsia dragon and go 'I can't do anything with this' until you scry and find that moon can get radioactive's light green and radioactive can get fuchsia's pink. For everything else, well - 19 of the 30 primary/secondary gene pairs don't play with those crazy accent colors at all. A couple more usually don't end up with their toes in anything weird (like Python/Morph and Tapir/Striation), and Piebald/Paint predictably just adds blobs of white.
Xlade wrote on 2019-11-22 20:14:09:
Different genes use different parts of the palette. Basically, every color on the color wheel has something like this:

1. a
2. b
3. c
4. d
5. e
6. f
…and so on.

Where a will be the exact shade, b will be a similar shade (except on duotones like orca/violet/grapefruit - b is the color you see on the belly/horns in basic), c will be a similar shade (though some colors start getting funky here, like crimson, sunset, and cerise), and d onwards will often start getting weird.

In this case, Fade/Blend each use the Skink/Spinner palette. I couldn't tell you which exact slot the colors get pulled from, only that they aren't anything new and we've seen them before. Pulling from a different part of the palette would have gotten cottoncandy's pink-blue or sunset's orange-purple, but most other colors would not have gotten a visually striking result thanks to that slot usually being occupied by one of the more similar colors to the 'a' shade. Genes aren't done individually but rather by putting these palettes through a program onto a template, and they'll try to pick something that looks good on as many colors as possible.

I quite like the accents. You might hatch a moon/radioactive/fuchsia dragon and go 'I can't do anything with this' until you scry and find that moon can get radioactive's light green and radioactive can get fuchsia's pink. For everything else, well - 19 of the 30 primary/secondary gene pairs don't play with those crazy accent colors at all. A couple more usually don't end up with their toes in anything weird (like Python/Morph and Tapir/Striation), and Piebald/Paint predictably just adds blobs of white.
tumblr_inline_omxl63fueX1s9ucgw_500.gif
XPDxt22.png
Ooooooooooh yes-yes-yes-yes beautyful new genes! [emoji=fae love size=2][emoji=fae love size=2][emoji=fae love size=2][emoji=fae love size=2] Finaly something plain, clear and nise! Because sometimes less is more [emoji=fae winking size=2]
Ooooooooooh yes-yes-yes-yes beautyful new genes! Finaly something plain, clear and nise! Because sometimes less is more
1 2 ... 39 40 41 42 43 ... 47 48