Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Dev Update: Reward Delivery Changes
1 2 ... 70 71 72 73 74 ... 86 87
i love! galore's design! (also a smart way abt improving the system) [emoji=guardian star size=3]
i love! galore's design! (also a smart way abt improving the system)
tumblr_inline_oau8nhaSEQ1soemy4_100.png Clan Covenshroom
Leave Your Past Behind
Clan Head: Rusorth
All Witches Welcome
tumblr_inline_oau8nhIHTn1soemy4_100.png
I'm a little confused as to why this is necessary.

Like, whether an item is sitting in an inactive lair or whether it doesn't exist, it's still not being circulated into active accounts.

All this feels like to me is another thing to be frustrated about missing because life, surprisingly, sometimes may keep you away for more than a week.

I guess I understand if this is trying to cut down on the amount of items the site has to keep track of, but otherwise it seems like just another thing to monitor.
I'm a little confused as to why this is necessary.

Like, whether an item is sitting in an inactive lair or whether it doesn't exist, it's still not being circulated into active accounts.

All this feels like to me is another thing to be frustrated about missing because life, surprisingly, sometimes may keep you away for more than a week.

I guess I understand if this is trying to cut down on the amount of items the site has to keep track of, but otherwise it seems like just another thing to monitor.
Need a Dragon Bio? Check out my Lore Shop!
tumblr_inline_naz0azrMBD1qg78ij.png
@McAlli The reasoning is in the very first section. It causes server strain to distribute hundreds of thousands of items all at once. Bolded for emphasis: [quote name="Xhaztol" date="2019-05-06 10:37:38" ] As some may remember, when the site was young, these items were attached to private messages. As time went on and the player base grew, that became more and more taxing on the messaging system. We moved to performing that functionality on the backend, but the player population has again grown so vast that it [b]results in considerable strain to the system to deliver these items simultaneously to hundreds of thousands of inventories[/b]. It also requires manual work by the engineering team to make these deliveries possible, often requiring they be present at odd hours and off-days.[/quote]
@McAlli The reasoning is in the very first section. It causes server strain to distribute hundreds of thousands of items all at once. Bolded for emphasis:
Xhaztol wrote on 2019-05-06 10:37:38:
As some may remember, when the site was young, these items were attached to private messages. As time went on and the player base grew, that became more and more taxing on the messaging system.

We moved to performing that functionality on the backend, but the player population has again grown so vast that it results in considerable strain to the system to deliver these items simultaneously to hundreds of thousands of inventories.

It also requires manual work by the engineering team to make these deliveries possible, often requiring they be present at odd hours and off-days.

7m8ENT7.gif
x x x
Ceremonial Scythe Sharpened Scythe
x x
Wishlist
I really love this idea, but I'd suggest increasing the window to two weeks instead of just one. One week is pretty standard for your average family vacation, so a two week window will account for that

Also, I love Galore. She's beautiful
I really love this idea, but I'd suggest increasing the window to two weeks instead of just one. One week is pretty standard for your average family vacation, so a two week window will account for that

Also, I love Galore. She's beautiful
arcane.png arcanef2.png xxxxxx xxxxxx tumblr_inline_nb1ke8JYzw1qg78ij.png tumblr_inline_ofoo1dQtUR1tfmvub_100.png
Always love some great new Guardian art and Galore is *beautiful*.
Always love some great new Guardian art and Galore is *beautiful*.
8186381ab2184c9289f8d854090be31f-d9pybxb.png
aaa I love galore!!
aaa I love galore!!
ctYHVNq.png

almost always looking for g1 banescales OwO

gened g1 banescale count: 96
(last updated 12/8/22 11:50pm est)
nt1bp.gif

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=drs&id=1315342
mxWs6gv.gif

3DBOIBO.gif

oie-v-C7-Pp-Yu-F6gz-H.png
BEARD
BEARD
Ruffled Serpent Ball Python Striped Monitor Corn Snake Conjoined Skink
i totally agree with this and i'm glad it's being addressed
i totally agree with this and i'm glad it's being addressed
tumblr_oj86dphZhW1uz7qpgo1_400.pngtumblr_oj86dphZhW1uz7qpgo2_400.pngtumblr_oj86dphZhW1uz7qpgo3_400.pngtumblr_oj86dphZhW1uz7qpgo4_400.png
Suggestion: can we get a notif ping, like for Baldwin, for this feature when there’s a gift to get? bc I would definitely not remember otherwise and I think it would help lots of people
Suggestion: can we get a notif ping, like for Baldwin, for this feature when there’s a gift to get? bc I would definitely not remember otherwise and I think it would help lots of people
pGEzWB9.png dXxJffX.gif
Clearly this is an unpopular opinion but I think a week is plenty long enough. I am a player who has taken hiatuses from FR and from the other sites I frequent, however, I don't know that extending the window to two weeks would make such a huge difference to me personally. When I was doing lots of heavy coursework or distracted by personal life events, I was probably almost always away for more than two weeks.

Since the elemental holidays last one week, and with Joxar's Spare Inventory being open for only a week at a time as well, I really think a week is a reasonable period for other special gift items to be available.

I suppose 14 would be extra time for me and for everyone else who is concerned about it, but I think 7 is very fair.
Clearly this is an unpopular opinion but I think a week is plenty long enough. I am a player who has taken hiatuses from FR and from the other sites I frequent, however, I don't know that extending the window to two weeks would make such a huge difference to me personally. When I was doing lots of heavy coursework or distracted by personal life events, I was probably almost always away for more than two weeks.

Since the elemental holidays last one week, and with Joxar's Spare Inventory being open for only a week at a time as well, I really think a week is a reasonable period for other special gift items to be available.

I suppose 14 would be extra time for me and for everyone else who is concerned about it, but I think 7 is very fair.
1 2 ... 70 71 72 73 74 ... 86 87