Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Dev Update: Reward Delivery Changes
1 2 ... 71 72 73 74 75 ... 86 87
AWESOME! Galore is awesome and I love him already!
AWESOME! Galore is awesome and I love him already!
Wetdog | she/her | fr +3
Most sites already have player-loyalty mechanisms built in for limited items, i.e. Neopets' advent calendar. If you are not online and do not participate, you do not receive the item. That's pretty standard! We're just spoiled that outside of festivals, FR delivers things to inboxes and appreciates its dormant or hiatus players. And aside from year 1 familiars/items, even then festival-specific items are reasonably easy to come by. This mechanic looks like it'll function parallel to the festival shop-open for seven days- so it's not a new time frame for participating. And unlike the festivals, you don't need to budget extra time to acquire the currency.

I think it's logical, especially if it's increasing employee health as well.
Most sites already have player-loyalty mechanisms built in for limited items, i.e. Neopets' advent calendar. If you are not online and do not participate, you do not receive the item. That's pretty standard! We're just spoiled that outside of festivals, FR delivers things to inboxes and appreciates its dormant or hiatus players. And aside from year 1 familiars/items, even then festival-specific items are reasonably easy to come by. This mechanic looks like it'll function parallel to the festival shop-open for seven days- so it's not a new time frame for participating. And unlike the festivals, you don't need to budget extra time to acquire the currency.

I think it's logical, especially if it's increasing employee health as well.
kalsaccentbanner2tiny_by_kaljaia-d9dlyep.png
As someone who suffers from several major health issues, as well as very unreliable internet abilities, I too also really hate the time limit related part of this update to be honest. Like, I'm sorry I can't constantly dedicate every day to this online game. :| And if I'm going to be punished for that by being excluded from special items that I've always gotten in the past, I may just drop this game entirely. I don't really want to support a site that punishes its players for disabilities and now also life inconveniences..

I was always fine with festivals being a week long. Because, again, they've always been. And I could always ask friends to pick some stuff up for me. But I was always comforted that items during anniversaries and April Fools, etc would be waiting for me no matter how long I had to be away. If that's being taken away, this site just becomes more of a chore than a pleasure, and I honestly don't need any more stress and worry in my life.
As someone who suffers from several major health issues, as well as very unreliable internet abilities, I too also really hate the time limit related part of this update to be honest. Like, I'm sorry I can't constantly dedicate every day to this online game. :| And if I'm going to be punished for that by being excluded from special items that I've always gotten in the past, I may just drop this game entirely. I don't really want to support a site that punishes its players for disabilities and now also life inconveniences..

I was always fine with festivals being a week long. Because, again, they've always been. And I could always ask friends to pick some stuff up for me. But I was always comforted that items during anniversaries and April Fools, etc would be waiting for me no matter how long I had to be away. If that's being taken away, this site just becomes more of a chore than a pleasure, and I honestly don't need any more stress and worry in my life.
What a pretty Guardian! And I like that collect idea there.
What a pretty Guardian! And I like that collect idea there.
spacewhale0.gifqB0EMi0.png
Noice,

I really like how this can be a lot more systematic. Especially when you usually have to dig through your hoard to even see if you got the thing or not. Which can be an unnecessary hassle. Not sure how i feel about set the time limit yet.

I really love Galore thoo
Noice,

I really like how this can be a lot more systematic. Especially when you usually have to dig through your hoard to even see if you got the thing or not. Which can be an unnecessary hassle. Not sure how i feel about set the time limit yet.

I really love Galore thoo
@SeriouslySirius I am sorry to hear that you have major health issues and that you feel put aside from this kind of update. I have also issues that will required several surgeries in the 2~5 next years and long stay at hospital ... so I could easily understand the feelings toward such news. Sadly as it may seem, I think that the whole mechanism of an online game can't be organised around our special case. Like a lot of online game, FR is based on dailies activities that are reseted when the day is changing. And that is an inherant mechanism we have to deal with when playing. Complaining about an update "forcing us" to play almost daily is pointless... The whole site is built that way. If you can't log almost daily and/or doing that make you feel the game is a "chore", maybe this game is simply not adapted to you and the imperatives linked to your health. And it's okay. :) If a game brings more stress than cheers... just stop it to preserve yourself!!! Maybe you could find more standard video games that won't required internet connection at all and would allow you to continue your progress where you left them without negative impact on your game. :D (sometimes a good all retro game console with a nice cartridge game are the best!) Anymay... sending you some love![emoji=rainbow size=1][emoji=heart size=1]
@SeriouslySirius

I am sorry to hear that you have major health issues and that you feel put aside from this kind of update. I have also issues that will required several surgeries in the 2~5 next years and long stay at hospital ... so I could easily understand the feelings toward such news.

Sadly as it may seem, I think that the whole mechanism of an online game can't be organised around our special case.

Like a lot of online game, FR is based on dailies activities that are reseted when the day is changing. And that is an inherant mechanism we have to deal with when playing. Complaining about an update "forcing us" to play almost daily is pointless... The whole site is built that way.

If you can't log almost daily and/or doing that make you feel the game is a "chore", maybe this game is simply not adapted to you and the imperatives linked to your health. And it's okay. :)

If a game brings more stress than cheers... just stop it to preserve yourself!!!
Maybe you could find more standard video games that won't required internet connection at all and would allow you to continue your progress where you left them without negative impact on your game. :D

(sometimes a good all retro game console with a nice cartridge game are the best!)

Anymay... sending you some love!
9Iyo63B.png
?ytbH=party.png
Help me to grow!!!
My 100 Babies Challenge
(With a Naomi's descendant)
Galore is a handsome fellow! Excited to welcome him to Sorneith.
Galore is a handsome fellow! Excited to welcome him to Sorneith.
deitydoll_gladekeeper_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf47x.gif
This seems a GREAT idea.

But would like that the pick period would be expanded. Why?
Because I already had this problem with other games, I had problems with my internet and I couldn't log in any game for veeery long periods(lomger than 1 week) and it killed my chance to participate on flash fast events or grab some free prizes and stuffs like these ones.
It's just a little suggestion.

Also, the art catch me up! ''Oh look to this Guardian, so perfect!!''
This seems a GREAT idea.

But would like that the pick period would be expanded. Why?
Because I already had this problem with other games, I had problems with my internet and I couldn't log in any game for veeery long periods(lomger than 1 week) and it killed my chance to participate on flash fast events or grab some free prizes and stuffs like these ones.
It's just a little suggestion.

Also, the art catch me up! ''Oh look to this Guardian, so perfect!!''
VsoSnU5.png
I really like the art for Galore! I hope that with this, there's also a plan to have some sort of banner update for when there's new news sometime in the future. That or a little notification of some sort (the Which Waystone changing from gold to red?) would also really help let folks know that there was an update while browsing the site.
I really like the art for Galore! I hope that with this, there's also a plan to have some sort of banner update for when there's new news sometime in the future. That or a little notification of some sort (the Which Waystone changing from gold to red?) would also really help let folks know that there was an update while browsing the site.
Ping me to get my attention!
I think Galore has a very nice design, but I'm not really sure why there needs to be a time limit on picking up gifts. If the problem was that it was too much strain on the servers to send all the items at once, then it seems like having people be able to pick them up at Galore's whenever they wanted to would solve that and there would be no reason for the 1 week time limit. I totally get that some items are designed to only be easily available to people who are active at a certain time (like festival stuff), but this update is taking things that used to be available to everyone regardless of activity (like Marva's stuff) and turning them into activity prizes.

I log in pretty much every day so I doubt this will change much at all for me, but I'm not a fan of how this is being implemented with a time limit that basically spurs people to be more active, instead of having the items available indefinitely to anyone who was registered when they came out. I'd be totally fine with new activity based rewards but the whole 1 week timer on items that used to be given freely to everyone does rub me the wrong way just a little.
I think Galore has a very nice design, but I'm not really sure why there needs to be a time limit on picking up gifts. If the problem was that it was too much strain on the servers to send all the items at once, then it seems like having people be able to pick them up at Galore's whenever they wanted to would solve that and there would be no reason for the 1 week time limit. I totally get that some items are designed to only be easily available to people who are active at a certain time (like festival stuff), but this update is taking things that used to be available to everyone regardless of activity (like Marva's stuff) and turning them into activity prizes.

I log in pretty much every day so I doubt this will change much at all for me, but I'm not a fan of how this is being implemented with a time limit that basically spurs people to be more active, instead of having the items available indefinitely to anyone who was registered when they came out. I'd be totally fine with new activity based rewards but the whole 1 week timer on items that used to be given freely to everyone does rub me the wrong way just a little.
250.png
1 2 ... 71 72 73 74 75 ... 86 87